Investigation Group: the Sylvari member?

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So when do you think they will introduce the Sylvari of the Investigation group? Seems like the Maguuma Arc is a good time to introduce the Sylvari member the team been missing.

So far we have….

The Leader: Our character

Human: Kasmeer and Marjory

Charr: Rox

Norm: Braham

Asura: Taimi

Though it would be interesting if the Sylvari member was from a different Pale Tree since there are other Pale Trees in GW2 world.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think it will probably stay at 5 members. Braham, Rox, Marjory, Kasmeer and Taimi. The Biconics.

Of course, I could be wrong. =)

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Canach. Canach is the “black sheep” of the group, not completely good, but not completely bad. It’s nice to have a guy that stirs ethical conflicts within the group every now and then.

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

canach scrubbing dishes = proper sylvari representation

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We’ll have Traherne. There’s a reason that they stated LS p2 starts after the personal story.

in Living World

EdwinLi.1284

We’ll have Traherne. There’s a reason that they stated LS p2 starts after the personal story.

As a joke it a bit funny

but as a serious note I doubt since being the leader of the Pact means Trahearne is stuck doing large amount of paper work a high military officer must deal with in their career.

Which is why I’m glad our character is just a commander since the lower the rank in any organization the less paper work you’ll have to deal with.

in Living World

Posted by: comanche.6813

comanche.6813

We could always kill one of our Destiny’s Edge 2.0, unfortunately, it would probably be one of the humans. My character is Sylvari, so that completes the group perfectly.

in Living World

EdwinLi.1284

We could always kill one of our Destiny’s Edge 2.0, unfortunately, it would probably be one of the humans. My character is Sylvari, so that completes the group perfectly.

Or a new plot twist being that Caithe secret is that she is the first Sylvari to give birth a sylvari other than the pale tree and she has a person she loved but left both this other person and her child since her emotions over Faolain still lingers and if this secret got out then both the other person she loved and her child life will be theatened :p

On serious note: Killing off been done too many times back in the first 3 Arcs of the Main Storyline already. I prefer not having to deal with losing ally characters again like what happened in The Order Arc and Zhaitan Arc.

(I’m still sad about losing Sieran and the other Order Mentors.)

I prefer introducing a new character without killing off a current member since the Investigation group is still young in the GW2 lore.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I put my money on it being Canach. It wouldn’t be a bad idea either, since he has personal history with the players.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

EdwinLi.1284

Almost forgot to mention a interesting part of the Investigation Team is that each member has some kind of affiliation with a member of Destiny Edge.

Kasmeer and Marjory – Logan being that they are the ones he goes to when there is a mystery that needs to be solved in Divinity’s Reach outside of his jurisdiction.

Rox – Rytlock being she originally wanted to be a member of his warband but became part of the Investigation Team instead.

Braham – Eir’s son

Taimi – Zojja’s apprentice

in Living World

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

No, very fortunately. Hopefully it’s Kasmeer.

Marjory is a very interesting character but Kasmeer seems so shallow and boring. Maybe she dies in the jungle or waste if we’re lucky.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Marjory is a very interesting character but Kasmeer seems so shallow and boring. Maybe she dies in the jungle or waste if we’re lucky.

I’m thinking it will be Belinda. We’ll see though.

Marjory was supposedly the one to have been up for the chopping block in Season 1 until evidence of spoilers became widely known. I don’t expect ANet to try again with the same character.

However I’m skeptical that either Marjory or Kasmeer will be dying simply because what their relationship represents. A lot of people would be outraged if I were to hazard a guess. So I think, if a death is going to happen, it would be some minute character whom has a connection to the characters of our story – that being Belinda as she is Marjory’s sister.

in Living World

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I’m thinking it will be Belinda. We’ll see though.

Marjory was supposedly the one to have been up for the chopping block in Season 1 until evidence of spoilers became widely known. I don’t expect ANet to try again with the same character.

However I’m skeptical that either Marjory or Kasmeer will be dying simply because what their relationship represents. A lot of people would be outraged if I were to hazard a guess. So I think, if a death is going to happen, it would be some minute character whom has a connection to the characters of our story – that being Belinda as she is Marjory’s sister.

I don’t like the idea that they can write a major character out the story like that, even if they did. As much as it is touted that the current story has been planned from the start, things like a character’s death is a trivial rewrite that can only mean that their further inclusion isn’t necessary to further any events or plot.

But I digress.
As to there being another Sylvari, I could hope (hope being some vague future release), that we would find one from the awakening Echovald Forest. This would not only possibly open up Cantha for us again, but perhaps find that Syilvari there, at least what we define as Sylvari, may have turned out completely different based on life in that area of Tyria. Perhaps the secrets of their tree will have some answers that we would not have access to otherwise.

Or it could just be a neat twist.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

But I digress.
As to there being another Sylvari, I could hope (hope being some vague future release), that we would find one from the awakening Echovald Forest. This would not only possibly open up Cantha for us again, but perhaps find that Syilvari there, at least what we define as Sylvari, may have turned out completely different based on life in that area of Tyria. Perhaps the secrets of their tree will have some answers that we would not have access to otherwise.

Or it could just be a neat twist.

I’m not holding my breath for any information about Cantha in this season. Were I leading the story direction team, I’d tie it with the Tengu because they’re the one race who has a legitimate reason to go back.

We still have Mallyck however who supposedly came from a tree further West of the Pale Tree and somewhere in the Maguumas. Would like to see a lesser known NPC (since you only meet him if you’re a Sylvari) take sort of a pivotal role in the story of this season to determine how the nature of Sylvari operates and differs.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I want a friendly centaur, because whoever said that the new group has to be made out of only the playable races?

(edited by Erukk.1408)

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

So when do you think they will introduce the Sylvari of the Investigation group? Seems like the Maguuma Arc is a good time to introduce the Sylvari member the team been missing.

So far we have….

The Leader: Our character

Unless our character is a Sylvari :P

Canach. Canach is the “black sheep” of the group, not completely good, but not completely bad. It’s nice to have a guy that stirs ethical conflicts within the group every now and then.

My guess as well. Would be nice to see a bit more interesting (and slightly confrontational) group dynamic in Destiny’s Child.

Or a new plot twist being that Caithe secret is that she is the first Sylvari to give birth a sylvari other than the pale tree and she has a person she loved but left both this other person and her child since her emotions over Faolain still lingers and if this secret got out then both the other person she loved and her child life will be theatened :p

Whose the father? Unless the father is also a mother… Caithe and Faolain’s love child. Well that would be interesting twist…

I want a friendly centaur, because whoever said that the new group has to be made out of only the playable races?

I want a centaur too! So I can ride around on his back. Maybe that will stop some of those mount request threads :P

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think we saw the first sign of the current set up being a bit flawed. The current plot seems to explore sylvari and the Dream (and the concept of Soundless) and there was a bizarre mention of Soundless during once of the instances, but because we have two humans instead of a sylvari, the exposition abilities of the characters was limited. If this season deals heavily with sylvari lore we are going to need a sylvari NPC to best represent all the things the biconics simply can’t talk about.

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Yet there have been two seemingly corrupted or ‘unchained’ (however you want to look at it regarding speculation) sylvari in the story recently. That being Scarlet and Aerin. If they were to add a sylvari to the investigation group he/she may end up with the same fate as there is something powerfull at work here by the looks of it.

in Living World

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

6 is too many.

Kill Rox and replace with a Sylvari.

in Living World

EdwinLi.1284

Whose the father? Unless the father is also a mother… Caithe and Faolain’s love child. Well that would be interesting twist…

It just a wild ideal and guess I have running in my head. Considering Sylvari are bisexual I won’t be surprised if the other person Caithe loved is male. However, make it a more twist make it a Male Human and the child as a successfully born half breed human/sylvari based on the original design of the sylvari which was this…

Attachments:

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

cheshirefox.7026

kill rox and caithe has a baby >_> where’s my uninstall button

i can outswim a centaur!

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

6 is too many.

Kill Rox and replace with a Sylvari.

Retire Kasmeer and Marjory to live happily ever after in Divinty’s Reach. Bring in a new human and a Sylvari then.

in Living World

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

I am thinking a non tree sylvari. we know there are other groups out there. our Slyvari are governed by Ventari’s teaching. The next group we encounter won’t. Could be an interesting dynamic. Stranger things have happened in GW1.

in Living World

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Canach hasn’t been around since last year. I figured he was long done with and we won’t see anymore. He was a boring character anyway he wouldn’t bring much to the group.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Living World

EdwinLi.1284

Canach hasn’t been around since last year. I figured he was long done with and we won’t see anymore. He was a boring character anyway he wouldn’t bring much to the group.

speaking of Canach did he escape from jail again yet? Only way I can see him reappear in LS season 2 is if he escaped from jail again.

As for the jail break part I’m starting to think Canach has a thing for getting arrested and breaking out of jail. :p

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

speaking of Canach did he escape from jail again yet? Only way I can see him reappear in LS season 2 is if he escaped from jail again.

As for the jail break part I’m starting to think Canach has a thing for getting arrested and breaking out of jail. :p

His debt was ‘bought’ by a woman who looked like a noble. He’s out and about now, with said woman. Who it is, I don’t know, but a part of me is suspecting Countess Anise or somebody else.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I don’t think there will be much impact killing any of the DE 2.0 characters now after they just killed off the best one. Still not over it.

in Living World

EdwinLi.1284

I don’t think there will be much impact killing any of the DE 2.0 characters now after they just killed off the best one. Still not over it.

If you mean the Order mentors back during the end of The Orders Arc of the Main Storyline then yes I’m still not over that as well.

If Anet some how brought back the Order Mentors some how and actually cover a decent back story on how they are manage to survive and escape the Undead Horde then I’ll jump with joy. However, if they are brought back as Antagonist serving as Generals for Mordremoth then I’ll break down as we kill them with our own hands.

(though it would be a bit funny if Infected Tybolt used Explosive Apples as grenades during his boss fight due to becoming half plant like since he became Mordremoth’s minion)

in Living World

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Almost forgot to mention a interesting part of the Investigation Team is that each member has some kind of affiliation with a member of Destiny Edge.

That’s lazy writing. They tried to give the new characters instant relevance by inheriting the existing relationship from DE. The bit about Logan hiring the Delaqua firm has had absolutely no relevance to the story. They could retcon Logan to Evon Gnashblade and no changes to the story would be needed. Similarly, Braham’s relation to Eir has been left completely by the wayside after using her to introduce him.

This is all about how to produce an elder dragon in a can, for ease of manufacturing, transport and consumption.

in Living World

cheshirefox.7026

characters i might want to see is a male charr sent off to ‘check’ on rox
i know if she chose not to be in the warband charr would typically Kill her or just not care about her.. But we are talking about rytlock and he’s no fool {i’m assuming, i actually don’t follow his character too much} but he has sent rox to charr/human peace talks And he does seem to have his own personal interest in the Dragon investigations (he had first hand presence at a ‘thumper’ analysis.. it was in bloodtide coast, i think a lot of people missed it}
i would also maybe want to see an inquest conflicted with what they do.. i love the inquest, they don’t need any goofy motive to be doing evil.. they simply do what they do, But it would be nice to have this sometime during the storyline.. anti-hero potential

oh, yeh.. the charr would be male for obvious reasons {status quo and friction} and the asuran could be either male or female.. whatever arena net feels like

humans/sylvari – we are embarking westward on the tyrian continent.. i doubt there will be any short supply of them in the upcoming installments

i can outswim a centaur!

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m not sure we really need one. We already have too much Sylvari focused stuff/characters as is…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

God, no more Sylvari. They’ve been completely overdone with Trahearne being the star of the original game, Scarlet being the star of Season 1, and Season 2 starting with Aerin and more Scarlet.

There are other races.

in Living World

EdwinLi.1284

Wasn’kitten bit obvious the LS Season 2 story will have sylvari focus due to the theme of Mordremoth being a Elder Dragon of Jungle?

Well i kind of saw Sylvari involvement in the story once Mordremoth is invovled.

A lot of question about what Sylvari are most likely will be answered through Season 2. Though I was expecting more about lore focus rather than character involvements.