Just an idea

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: smashgodlight.6584

smashgodlight.6584

Hi guys !! I play GW2 for a long time ago and every time i play i am thinking that….!!
Why GW2 has no mounts ?? Like horse , flying dragons or special mounts !! I mean imagine if you have a dragon in your items as a mount and every time you want to go somewhere you will be able to use it instead of walking or fast traveling which fast traveling is a perfect idea in a game but i think it will be more cool to have mounts !! Also Imagine a new update full of extremely special mounts, new skins or new races what do you think ? isn’t that cool ?! Give your Ideas or something you want to change in the game below !! !!

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Simply because we have waypoints.

And also that many people hate the idea of mounts. Also, technically, the game would not be able to show so many mounts. And it has no real use, except for “aesthetic” purpose (but it would be quite a mess). And it’s GW2, not regular MMOs

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I would suggest doing a (google) search on the subject. The number of existing threads on mounts is staggering on the general discussion forum.

Opinion is very divided and whilst constructive discussion will be welcomed, another thread on the subject is…….unwise

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Mounts already exist in the game. See the Broomstick, Sonic Tunneling Tool and the Magic Carpet. I’m OK with more of these being included as long as they don’t provide in-game benefits over normal players.

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well to be honest its a matter of tradition. GW1 didn’t have any mounts so GW2 doesn’t either. I think to a certain extent it also help to make GW2 a bit different from the other MMOs out there. Flying mounts specifically however introduce a bit of a challenge (as we saw in WoW Cata when they introduced flying mounts in the old world and had to remodel a lot of areas to make them flying mount compatible). In GW2 where areas are big instances flying mounts would also pose a challenge (since you could flying over natural barriers such as mountains).

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Hi guys !! I play GW2 for a long time ago and every time i play i am thinking that….!!
Why GW2 has no mounts ?? Like horse , flying dragons or special mounts !! I mean imagine if you have a dragon in your items as a mount and every time you want to go somewhere you will be able to use it instead of walking or fast traveling which fast traveling is a perfect idea in a game but i think it will be more cool to have mounts !! Also Imagine a new update full of extremely special mounts, new skins or new races what do you think ? isn’t that cool ?! Give your Ideas or something you want to change in the game below !! !!

Well there’s waypoints and skills that make you run 33% faster or 25% faster. Kinda makes mounts obsolete.

Are you Shpongled?

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

the ignorant, yet well-meaning fool-approach. Well played, Sir. You gotta give respect where it is due.

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

you may want to look into games that do have mounts.. ncsoft’s other games have them and they are relatively good compared to guildwars2..

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

This again? This has been going since before beta.

NO MOUNTS. EVER.

Is it clear to you now?

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

This again? This has been going since before beta.

NO MOUNTS. EVER.

Is it clear to you now?

Why?

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Pretty sure the OP is trolling…

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

I felt the ground trembling and the walls began to shake, windows rattle. Cats were screaming and dogs howling. I figured I better check the forum to ensure that it wasn’t the end of days and someone had mentioned ’mounts" again.

Phew…

Just an idea

in Living World

Posted by: AngryCat.4825

AngryCat.4825

I demand rideable golems.

The rest of you bookahs can walk.

Koia
Fort Aspenwood
“Oil down.” “Mortar down.” “Stupid arrow cart.”

Just an idea

in Living World