Labyrinth story atmosphere

in Living World

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

It’s late and I’m sleepy so I’ll keep it short:
Watched last PoI and I must say that I got (some of) the hints about the atmosphere in this story instance. I loved the sense music brought, especially if I wasn’t looking at the minimap at the time. You guys should’ve went with darker setting as you initially wanted. The lights were a nice touch but they’d be more appreciated if the ambient was initially darker (also improves overall atmosphere).
Loved this experiment, I’d love to play something similar if you guys ever find time/space to implement it.

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

It’s late and I’m sleepy so I’ll keep it short:
Watched last PoI and I must say that I got (some of) the hints about the atmosphere in this story instance. I loved the sense music brought, especially if I wasn’t looking at the minimap at the time. You guys should’ve went with darker setting as you initially wanted. The lights were a nice touch but they’d be more appreciated if the ambient was initially darker (also improves overall atmosphere).
Loved this experiment, I’d love to play something similar if you guys ever find time/space to implement it.

I didn’t watch the PoI, but it would have been better had the area been absolutely dark and the exact locations of the missing NPCs pinged on your minimap.

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

No no no. Seriously, I have enough trouble seeing in that area as it is. Without looking at the minimap I would not have been able to navigate it. (and this is not a gamma or brightness issue, it’s just that dark to me).

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

No no no. Seriously, I have enough trouble seeing in that area as it is. Without looking at the minimap I would not have been able to navigate it. (and this is not a gamma or brightness issue, it’s just that dark to me).

That sounds like a brightness/gamma problem to me… I could see just fine in the instance (except for a few parts). Any darker and it would be dark to the point where you would need some kind of external lightsource.