Mursaat.... ?

Mursaat.... ?

in Living World

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

did i just see what i thought i saw…

was that Mursaat in the cinematic?

Fun Fact: the mursaat enslaved the Asura who worked for them ( ok im no sure about this.. just checked)

Fun fact: Rata Sum if you move the letters around spells Mursaat

fun fact:
When the titans first emerged from behind the Door of Komalie, one of the mursaat, Lazarus the Dire, survived by splitting himself up into several aspects and sealing them within members of the White Mantle, disguising them as blessings. Six years later, after the threat of the titans had passed, Lazarus returned to reclaim these aspects, finding that reclaiming them killed their hosts. The host of the final aspect, Justiciar Naveed, sought the help of the asura Glayvin in the desperate hope that they could remove the aspect without the loss of his life. This was not possible, however, but they did manage to damage the aspect, meaning that when Lazarus absorbed it into himself, its power turned on him and severely wounded him. Lazarus fled, vowing vengeance on “countless generations”. Not long after, the final few mursaat were killed in the Battle for Lion’s Arch, and the race have not been seen since. gw2 wiki

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

(edited by Zardul.3952)

Mursaat.... ?

in Living World

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Fun Fact: the mursaat enslaved the Asura who worked for them

Can you give a source for that? I never heard about that before.

Mursaat.... ?

in Living World

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

yeah i cant find the source.. lol

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Mursaat.... ?

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

@Zardul, nah, the Asura to the Mursaat, where likely more like the Skritt are to any other technological race now. As you can see their sharp teeth, they more then likely scavenged for subterranean insects in the Mursaat days. And even when they first came to the surface on Tyria (at the EotN expansion) most of their guards held ‘stone’ weapons.

Their technological advances are all from the last 300 years, and in GW1 most of that was actually just bloating about technology that wasn’t even theirs to begin with… A lot of stuff they did (and still does) blew up in their faces. They were just ‘lucky’ in a sense that they lived amongst the highest evolved races on Tyria (either Seer or Mursaat), and happily claimed their inventions as their own, which they merely learned to disassemble and reassemble.

So, no, they were not likely to be enslaved by them, actually the temper of the Asura makes it more then clear they were more likely being a nuisance to anything they did. Likely breaking stuff for shinny’s, or demolishing stuff they were to see as a thread…

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

Mursaat.... ?

in Living World

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Don’t know about enslaving them, but we know that the Inquest have a vested interest in Mursaat technologies and magic, as evidenced by Arah path 2. Also note that the Inquest have been every bit as much ‘the adversary’ as the Mordrem thus far. So it’s not that much a stretch to think there could be some Mursaat involvement going forward.

Mursaat.... ?

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I didn’t get a mursaat vibe from it at all, I did get a Glint vibe though…

and slightly off-topic, was doing some research and came across this, I forgot this existed…why is this still not a thing I wonder..

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/67734/gw2tease.png

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Mursaat.... ?

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Don’t know about enslaving them, but we know that the Inquest have a vested interest in Mursaat technologies and magic, as evidenced by Arah path 2. Also note that the Inquest have been every bit as much ‘the adversary’ as the Mordrem thus far. So it’s not that much a stretch to think there could be some Mursaat involvement going forward.

Not so much the Inquest but Asura in general. They breached the surface and encountered Ratasum Old (Ratasum is an anagram for Mursaat) so there was this proposed idea that the Asura discovered their technology and quickly assimilated it into their own culture. Especially in Guild Wars Beyond (a free content update that acts as a stepping stone in GW1 for preparation of GW2) where you, a Champion, help defeat the Mursaat hold in Meguuma. There’s one ( Lazarus The Dire ) still out there but we don’t know where he is.

Mursaat.... ?

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There have been a couple of threads about mursaat in hat video, but I still can’t see anything resembling one. Where have people seen a mursaat in the cutscene?

Mursaat.... ?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Mursaat structures were a crystalline appearance in gw1, especially forts and towers. We see Crystal towers. People jump to mursaat, as they were hinted at having a city in the Maguuma – though never confirmed.

I jump to Glint’s baby.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Mursaat.... ?

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Someone during the gathering in DR does mention White Mantle (confirming to an extent their existence as a legitimate group) where as in the player story it’s not really common knowledge. But having just started the episode, I can’t say whether there’s any correlation with the possibility of Mursaat being involved anytime soon. For the moment I’m skeptical and think it’s pulling at hairs.