Music of Silverwastes

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

Q:

First of all, let me congratulate the narrative of the new patch. The map (huuuuge), the story, all feels great. But I also noticed quite a few new musical tracks. Will they be made available anywhere? I found them quite beautiful, especially the mystical tune of the last story instance (please, do not spoil, fellow players).

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Maclaine Diemer

Maclaine Diemer

Composer

A:

Just to clarify here, the piece that plays in Glint’s Lair is indeed a new version of the original Guild Wars piece “Crystal Oasis”. It’s not really a remix, more of a “reimagining”. It’s mostly the same, but with a couple small changes to the orchestration/arrangement, and a slightly longer intro. Also, the orchestra is a live recording with a few light synth elements mixed in, whereas the original version is completely made up of virtual instruments.

The suggestion to redo it was designer and occasional composer Leif Chappelle’s. He thought it would tie in nicely to the area where Glint’s Lair was in the original Guild Wars, and I agreed with him. I’m glad people are making the connection.

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

The last story instance? It’s old GW1 track, Crystal Oasis

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Its actualy remastered and extended and super cool:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Yeah, a little bit

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Fitting since there’s palm trees in part of the Silverwastes….

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

Yep, very much enjoyed this remix of Crystal Oasis.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Maclaine, you have no idea how many feels I heard from people hearing it. GW1 fans, including myself, REALLY loved it!

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I loved all the music in this episode, Crystal Oasis in particular gave me really good feels.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Tranquillity.8697

Tranquillity.8697

It was such a great moment when the music startet in Glint’s Lair.

Very well done!

[Elona Reach]

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Stramatus.5219

Just to clarify here, the piece that plays in Glint’s Lair is indeed a new version of the original Guild Wars piece “Crystal Oasis”. It’s not really a remix, more of a “reimagining”. It’s mostly the same, but with a couple small changes to the orchestration/arrangement, and a slightly longer intro. Also, the orchestra is a live recording with a few light synth elements mixed in, whereas the original version is completely made up of virtual instruments.

The suggestion to redo it was designer and occasional composer Leif Chappelle’s. He thought it would tie in nicely to the area where Glint’s Lair was in the original Guild Wars, and I agreed with him. I’m glad people are making the connection.

Anywhere we can go to get this track?

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Venbloodblade.1093

Venbloodblade.1093

That’s what should be in the gem store, living world mp3 tracks XD

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

It’s beautiful, and such a pleasant shock to us old-timers.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Can it please be made available somewhere? Crystal Oasis is my most played song on iTunes, I would love to have the new version as well. It’s such a haunting track.

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I haven’t played GW1 much, but i loved the music in Glint’s Lair. And also every new music introduced in this patch. They gave me goosebumps.

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Well, this re-imagined version turned out to be even more beautiful than original. Thank you.

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Evillix.7395

Evillix.7395

I think there were five songs that were introduced/updated with this patch and I have them all uploaded if anyone would like to listen to them.

Edit: ArenaNet has just posted the five songs on their Soundcloud and I have updated the track names with the official names.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUJ9TtKEOLBwD8YBeN8Yo6aI3lJJA8MsI

(edited by Evillix.7395)

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: MilgoEU.9561

MilgoEU.9561

Crystal Oasis is one of my favourite from Guild Wars. All the memories from years back rushed me when I entered Glint’s Lair in GW2, and I loved it. Thank you so much!

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

It made me remember how much I missed the Amnoon Oasis and the rest of Crystal Desert personally Nice touch though.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Please thank Leif Chappelle for the suggestion. It was a stroke of pure genius! I remember being completely blown away when I first heard Crystal Oasis in the first game and it has happened again this time around. I was left awestruck the moment I caught on to the fact that I was listening to the remake of my favourite track from GW1.

Thank you Leif and Maclaine!

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Thank you for reminding me to turn it on for awhile.

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Shui.9748

Shui.9748

I need to say I also loved hearing the new Crystal Oasis theme. I turned my speakers up as soon as I realized what was playing. One of the best tracks from GW1. :>

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The new music is great!

Please update the Arenanet SoundCloud. The last update was at the beginning of season two, and the songs aren’t downloadable.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

I cried when I heard Crystal Oasis. Really. So much nostalgia.

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

I cried when I heard Crystal Oasis. Really. So much nostalgia.

I did too. I was already in a pretty emotional state after reading all those books in the library. Like the one which was about an asura, some humans and a stubborn norn killing the Great Destroyer, I was like “I was there, I did that!”.

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: tyler.2569

tyler.2569

gosh, i just want to chime in here and say how much i’m enjoying the music lately. it’s so rich with feeling. this chapter of the ls moved me, and i couldn’t help but just laugh with pure joy; this was not the least because of the music. thanks anet

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

Crystal Oasis was my favorite song in GW1, hearing it “reimagined” was an unexpected treat. I look forward to seeing it on the soundcloud.

(edited by Toroxus.9256)

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I just LOVE the new themes in the new area!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

Here’s hoping for a new music piece based on Pride of the Centaurs. I love that one, too.

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

Well… that actually made me cry.
Can’t wait to get more songs like this! =3

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The new music is great!

Please update the Arenanet SoundCloud. The last update was at the beginning of season two, and the songs aren’t downloadable.

It looks like someone saw my post, because they updated it. Thanks, whoever that was!

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I really liked “The Gathering of the Pact”. That felt epic and wish I could here more of it on map. I hit the VP in Camp Resolve just to hear a bit of it

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Stramatus.5219

I’m glad people are making the connection.

That’s even a question? :P

Anyway, well done ANET!

Music of Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

It’s on the soundcloud, but not for download.

Yet.

(I hope)