New Kites = 5% increase; 33% for sandstorms

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

http://dulfy.net/2014/07/30/gw2-kites-from-buried-chests-in-dry-top/
These are not the mounts you were looking for.

Swiftness Zergs resume.

in Living World

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Have to agree barely any difference mechanic wise between these things and actual mounts. I suppose the only reason their not is to save time in designing the actual mount. Though the number one reason for mounts is Vanity and these kites do offer a speed boost and they are something people can grind for that isn’t a weapon or a peice of armor. Rather sick of everything boiling down to gear so I’m going to farm keys and try to farm all three of these kites for that sole reason.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Rather see the kites than a clusterkitten of screen-clutter from mounts.

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Lol at 5%. That’s not even noticeable.

I remember my netherdragon from WoW. They were like 200% faster.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m baffled at the logic that running while trailing a parachute-like kite behind you somehow makes you run FASTER. XD

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

That’s another problem that mounts would bring. The lag would be insane too. The kites look pretty nice though. I’ll admit that.

in Living World

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

If it was 25% normally with a skill to boost it to 33% for 20 to 30 seconds (I need the speed boost BEFORE the sandstorm comes, not after) and it worked on ALL kites, I would get these. I would actually buy gems and get them off the trading post. You’re this close to making money off of me, Anet.

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’m baffled at the logic that running while trailing a parachute-like kite behind you somehow makes you run FASTER. XD

Yeah, what they should do is make it so that the kites try to predict your movement and tug ahead of where you’re running, and so long as they are ahead of you, you get the huge boost.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

dulfy writes something about the kite movement speed increase stacking with swiftness…

So… just theoretically (since I can’t test it due to lack of luck by now)… Let’s assume I stack up swiftness with staff on my ele and then use the kite…

ele waves bye-bye?

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

People actually thought they were going to get something like mounts in this LS episode? Shame on them. If they were ever actually going to add mounts to the game, they would advertise it before hand, and they would most likely be apart of a major feature patch.

in Living World

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

People actually thought they were going to get something like mounts in this LS episode? Shame on them. If they were ever actually going to add mounts to the game, they would advertise it before hand, and they would most likely be apart of a major feature patch.

Lets hope they advertise beforehand, would give me and plenty of other people time to go buy a different game. js

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Living World

Posted by: sharkstein.2109

sharkstein.2109

People actually still think we need mounts in this game?! You know this is not WoW, because that game doesn’t have a convenient waypoint system that this game has. You don’t need mounts, please let that stupid argument die already.

“Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness”.
— Every heartbroken Guild Wars fan on GW2

in Living World

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah, what they should do is make it so that the kites try to predict your movement and tug ahead of where you’re running, and so long as they are ahead of you, you get the huge boost.

Haha .. yeah .. i already thought the same.

Kite behind you → run slower
Kite in front → run faster

^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It stacks with swiftness so it is very useful. Nothing else stacks with swiftness. People will be FLYING past you in a sandstorm with these equipped.

in Living World

Rayti.6531

It stacks with swiftness so it is very useful. Nothing else stacks with swiftness. People will be FLYING past you in a sandstorm with these equipped.

I can’t wait to get home from work and fail hard at opening buried chests… Need! NOW!

in Living World

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

People actually still think we need mounts in this game?! You know this is not WoW, because that game doesn’t have a convenient waypoint system that this game has. You don’t need mounts, please let that stupid argument die already.

I dont think people will ever stop. They also don’t want to go back to WoW for some reason => thus they try to get the things they miss to be implemented in this game

in Living World

Posted by: Alfwyn.8704

Alfwyn.8704

dulfy writes something about the kite movement speed increase stacking with swiftness…

So… just theoretically (since I can’t test it due to lack of luck by now)… Let’s assume I stack up swiftness with staff on my ele and then use the kite…

ele waves bye-bye?

Meh, I usually don’t bother with swiftness, since the increase from 25% (air sigil) to 33% isn’t that noticeable. So 5% more will do nothing real. Seems to be really useful in a sandstorm only.

in Living World

Rayti.6531

I dont think people will ever stop. They also don’t want to go back to WoW for some reason => thus they try to get the things they miss to be implemented in this game

I highly doubt that it is only the “WoW crowd” asking for mounts. It’s more a matter of customization of your character or maybe for RP reasons.

I for my part wouldn’t mind having my own Scruffy/golem, even if it gave me a debuff on speed.

With the WP system active however it simply doesn’t make any sense to have “real” mounts. Toys like the broom would be OK though -> as long as it fits the ingame world (what wouldn’t exactly apply to a flying broom… but we still have that one.. so shrugs)

EDIT: @Alfwyn.8704 Yes, I was referring to the sandstorm. I won’t bother buffing swiftness and run with the kite on other maps for those 5% i guess. I was more thinking about moving around in Dry Top a bit faster, collecting chests.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

With the WP system active however it simply doesn’t make any sense to have “real” mounts. Toys like the broom would be OK though -> as long as it fits the ingame world (what wouldn’t exactly apply to a flying broom… but we still have that one.. so shrugs)

I agree with this statement.

Cosmetic mounts would be fine.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Same here. Especially if mounts could go fast enough to skip otherwise potentially dangerous areas of mobs. Though that didn’t become a problem in WoW until flying mounts.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

I really like idea and I will be farming keys till they nerf drop rate :P
I admit that, speed giving items being kites doesn’t make much sense. as mentioned above. but I love mechanic and idea.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

We’re kite-sand-surfing, I guess.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144