Rewards..

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Yerrezz.6218

Yerrezz.6218

rly arenanet..? i I got these from the final chest.

Yay more goo!

Attachments:

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Ya. Mostly got “goo” as well. Awesome.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You didn’t get an exotic ?

Rewards..

in Living World

misterman.1530

Nope. Goo and some blues. Maybe a yellow…so many goos listed on the left, I have no idea if I got the yellow in that box or not.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Hahahaaahahaa! Tell me another joke!

Gloop gloop everywhere!

Rewards..

in Living World

misterman.1530

Gloop gloop everywhere!

Lol. Exotic drops? What are they? Precursors…it is to laugh.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Gloop gloop everywhere!

Oh well maybe it’s because I was tired that I thought that Anet handed exotics to everybody else after completing this story.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

Wow that’s… kind of a slap in the face… You should not be given the same reward from completing LS that you would… killing some skelk or spiders.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Rewards..

in Living World

misterman.1530

I agree, but such is Anet and rng

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Amber.8193

Amber.8193

Well at least you had a vicious fang… I got only gloops and potent venom sac haha

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Now we know how the leaders of the Tyrian nations really think of us.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I miss the reward setup from season one living story. This whole season I feel like I’m being ripped off. Everything I get from all these bag, boxes, ect.. has been lackluster and under rewarding. If I was the “Hero” and getting rewarded with what we have been getting I would have told them to find someone else.

Some guaranteed rewards would be nice. I didn’t know Anet was going to be that guy that gives you a scratch off ticket and calls it a gift. When at the end of the day you would of just rather had the Dollar.

Crafting an expensive back piece does not count either. I just thought I would throw that out there.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Rewards..

in Living World

misterman.1530

Some guaranteed rewards would be nice. I didn’t know Anet was going to be that guy that gives you a scratch off ticket and calls it a gift. When at the end of the day you would of just rather had the Dollar.

Crafting an expensive back piece does not count either. I just thought I would throw that out there.

So totally agree with you on all your points!

Rewards..

in Living World

Allaraina.8614

So totally agree with you on all your points!

I second that emotion.

+1

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

At least rename the chest you open to “Box of kitten we found in the Dirt” instead of “Summit Hero’s Reward” or whatever it was. If a few piles of goo are all that the Leaders of Tyria can gather up for saving them yet again, how could they possibly expect to have the resources to fight another Elder Dragon?

I would honestly prefer if Anet stopped giving us such crap as rewards (cuz lets be honest, its insulting at this point) and just give us straight up gold (1g-3g?) for these living story quests. We can farm dungeons for 1g-3g per path every day but when it comes to a one time completion of the Living Story that drives the ENTIRE pve system of gw2… we get goop for rewards. Please explain how that makes sense Anet.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

Rewards..

in Living World

Allaraina.8614

Just wanted to add that I really liked that in the personal story we got some interesting armor/weapon pieces. Are the pact weapons unique to the PS? I forget. It would be nice to have a unique something for these. Maybe an armor set where you get a piece for each step of the story you go through like for sections of the personal story.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

Just wanted to add that I really liked that in the personal story we got some interesting armor/weapon pieces. Are the pact weapons unique to the PS? I forget. It would be nice to have a unique something for these. Maybe an armor set where you get a piece for each step of the story you go through like for sections of the personal story.

there will be armor for the story. in gemshop.
and more weapon skins for sure. at black lion trader
you dont EARN rewards in gw2, you buy them. its quite sad :/

Rewards..

in Living World

Allaraina.8614

there will be armor for the story. in gemshop.
and more weapon skins for sure. at black lion trader
you dont EARN rewards in gw2, you buy them. its quite sad :/

But I was wishing on a star… T_T

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: amidare.9561

amidare.9561

Summit’s Hero Reward
;)

Attachments:

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

At least rename the chest you open to “Box of kitten we found in the Dirt” instead of “Summit Hero’s Reward” or whatever it was. If a few piles of goo are all that the Leaders of Tyria can gather up for saving them yet again, how could they possibly expect to have the resources to fight another Elder Dragon?

I would honestly prefer if Anet stopped giving us such crap as rewards (cuz lets be honest, its insulting at this point) and just give us straight up gold (1g-3g?) for these living story quests. We can farm dungeons for 1g-3g per path every day but when it comes to a one time completion of the Living Story that drives the ENTIRE pve system of gw2… we get goop for rewards. Please explain how that makes sense Anet.

I got semi-lucky and got a yellow out of the box (or maybe it was a top tier crafting mat?). I think the Summit Hero box just rolls like an aggrandized champ bag.

Or words to that effect.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

No kidding, rather not be a hero at that point *lol. But heh, been playing long enough to not even bat an eye when reading “Summit Hero’s Reward”.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So the 18 Goo I got was not a bug? But yeah. The rewards have been poor. I would have liked Jory give me her sisters sword, or some thing equely as cool. Champ bags are kinda poor. As if I wanted champ bags I’d go farm them. I should get a choice of skins/items like in the personal story. Heck even a account bound Chaos weapon skin, or something like that would have been nice. But we get what we get I guess. RNG is too often unkind.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

I got the same things too…. rather disappointing specially with the name of the bag, expectations rose only to be shot down.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

yeah, got a bunch of the goo too

Rewards..

in Living World

misterman.1530

I would love to see Anet’s response to this. A final reward for saving Summit attendees and we get a bunch of crap. What were they thinking? Oh…wait…gem store. ’nuff said

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

The Summit Hero’s Reward is no different than the final reward boxes for the first three Episodes. You’re guaranteed to get a rare (or better) piece of equipment, 3 Obsidian Shards, 5 Zephyrite Lockpicks, and then a set of random rolls from an enemy’s loot chart (typically Mordrem) modified by your Magic Find stat. The random rolls are what are generating all the goo. With better luck/more Magic Find, that goo might be Vicious Fangs or Powerful Venom Sacks instead.

People just overlook the guaranteed rare and the 5 Lockpicks (each of which gives you a champ bag and then some) and focus on the goo.

Rewards..

in Living World

Manasa Devi.7958

That’s because it’s bloody weird to find boogers and toenail clippings in presents you get as a token of appreciation from heads of nations.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

That’s because it’s bloody weird to find boogers and toenail clippings in presents you get as a token of appreciation from heads of nations.

Agree with this. Why is the goo in the loot chart for these kind of things to begin with?

Getting Reward chests that are filled with literal crap is frustrating and kinda disgusting.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Well, people have been complaining for some time about Magic Find not having an effect on chests and champion bags and other such things. Now that Arenanet has found a way to make Magic Find have an effect on certain chests, the Living Story reward chests and PvP reward track chests.. people are complaining when their Magic Find random rolls gets them poor loot.

I did get a Vicious Fang out of mine, along with my guaranteed rare being a staff that I put on the trading post for 80 silver. I’m content with my reward, even with the half-dozen goo there was as well!

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

As much as I like the LS I would prefer to not get any of these rewards at all. These unsalvageable items and blues and greens just cram up my inventory. And if I want to get some items to salvage in order to raise up my magic find, then I’ll just go and kill some mobs.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I honestly don’t know everything that was in the box.

The globs of globbity goop were all dispensed in “stacks” of one or two, so my loot list on the right scrolled rather quickly. I can guarantee that I got zero exotics, though.

I had two rare items in my inventory, but this was also after I completed all the other LS steps and did some running around Dry Top, so can’t tell if they were from the box or just random drops.

Normally I’m fine with random rewards, but including gray goo in the loot table just seems really strange for an end-of-story reward box.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

The pact commanders have fallen on hard times and they need that gloop. The last I heard, they were sifting sand to find shiny bits like common skritt.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Did this chapter require immense skill and effort? Nope.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Keep in mind that you also get rather many rewards during the course of the episodes and should consider those parts of the same reward when comparing it to lets say Living Story S1, seeing kitten mainly had only one reward for completing the meta.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Rewards..

in Living World

Manasa Devi.7958

There’s no justifying it.

There is absolutely no excuse for putting disgusting waste products in presents given to you as tokens of appreciation. Try it next time you buy someone a present: wrap it along with your morning stool and see how well that is received.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

we should start to collect our own boogers, wrap it in a really nice box, name it with super awesome title and send it to the headquarters. you know .. so they know how it feels. don’t forget to give the descriptions. 0.0001% chance of a fresh baked pie.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

The award system is broken. World bosses, PS, special events should have their own award bracket. I agree with the diminishing returns to discourage farming but it should be at least kitten worth the attempt. Hopefully Anet will look at this. Then again if a frog had wings it wouldn’t bump its kitten.

Rewards..

in Living World

misterman.1530

I know the last post in this thread was 9 days ago, but I had another Hero’s chest, and had to laugh when it was filled with goo. It has gone beyond absurd. It’s like getting a huge account for your employers, netting them millions in profit, and they give you a beautifully wrapped present as a reward. You open it only to find it is filled with steaming dog crap. Yet, the whole time they are smiling like it’s the greatest gift they could have given. You can’t be mad, it’s like they don’t know any better.

Rewards..

in Living World

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

At least you got a T6 material

Glorious Human Master Race

Rewards..

in Living World

misterman.1530

At least you got a T6 material

Who got a T6 material. Not me. That screenshot was from someone else. Best I got was a yellow.