[SPOILERS]; Complaints aside! GREAT STORY!

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I could not disagree more, the story has taken a nose dive since Hidden Arcana, the only highlight in this season.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I agree, there’s too many self proclaimed story telling experts in these forums. I agree that out was short and not unveiling much yet, but it did leave me wondering. And to be honest, this isn’t uncommon for many other stories like walking dead or game of thrones.

You could argue whether it’s a good thing to be like a tv show, but story wise it build up greatly. I do want to know what is happening next still. And regardless of what people are spouting here, you can bet every single one will be playing when the next episode is out. I just hope we don’t need to wait until after Christmas because of holidays and wintersday.

Even then I will play it. If the waiting for next episode frustrates means that the story is wanted, otherwise why complain. If it’s sooo bad why even play the game, and even come on the forum wasting time. If you try to rush through the story, on day one you have nothing for a few weeks, that’s how it is. Of course waiting for an episode for longer than advertised is just incredibly silly.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

If you try to rush through the story, on day one you have nothing for a few weeks, that’s how it is.

I read every dialog, I listened to every little chat in the background and I was done with the story in like 45 minutes. It was short at a point where it shouldn’t be short, makes me wonder what the season finale will be. I bet it will be the same kitten “Sylvari did bad thing!”

Oh and the obnoxious focus on sylvari is just insulting for everyone who plays other races.

Something else that kittened me off was, that my Charr, who is supposed to be a mean tough guy called Majory – “Jory”, like we are friends or something… A.Net is forcing a friendship onto my character.. this is annoying.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

FrizzFreston.5290

It’s Mordremoth, who has more effect on the sylvari than anything else. Ofcourse the sylvari are the focus here.

To be honest the previous episode was short where it shouldnt be short, but I expect the episode right before the finale to at least keep us waiting a bit more for the ultimate reveal. It would be incredibly stupid if the story was partially over right before the end. That would not leave a great finale at all.

Of course that does mean that the next one needs to be incredibly revealing something amazing as to why Caithe stole the egg, what Wynne’s secret is that she kept from Faolain and everyone else, what the pact is doing and whatever else may be happening.

And yeah, MMOs generally have that sense you have no control whatsoever over what your character does. The original personal story did have that at least, as well as some choices regarding character and such. Not sure why they kicked that system out. But this was the case since the start of the game in my opinion.

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

It’s Mordremoth, who has more effect on the sylvari than anything else. Ofcourse the sylvari are the focus here.

Where did you get that from? Just because “Plantdragon related to Plantpeople hurr” ?

Because iirc it was a sylvari who was the VIP when we fought zhaitan.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

FrizzFreston.5290

The Hidden Arcana → Ela Makkay’s lecture → The aspects (or whatever she calls it) of mordremoth is plants and mind. Scarlet was affected, the saboteur guy was affected, the pale tree was severly damaged, who says Caithe isnt affected?

I thought you took your time going through the episodes? “hurr”

And yeah, it was very sylvari themed against Zaithan indeed, so I can understand that it might feel like Sylvari? again? sigh. But that Mordremoth is specifically is just logical to me.

in Living World

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

Seems like the writers are just trying to turn someone uninteresting into the most hated destiny’s edge member, and while she’ll come close now in my book (that last story with the centaurs just made her kitten level dumb), nobody can take the title away from abandon-his-friends-for-nothing Logan. (The queen mesmer macguffin’d her way out, Logan wasn’t needed, and now sits securely in the friendzone.) Caithe murdering friendly people to protect her lover, just like Logan, only more active of a role instead of passively just ditching.

Have to say it was fun to just stand there and watch Faolain fight alone, though, couldn’t bring myself to take out too many of the centaur, that was just wrong.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

in Living World

FrizzFreston.5290

Don’t know what made you pull off the statement that I am a self-proclaimed story telling expert, i’m just stating that -I- enjoyed this story so far, its a matter of opinion. I thought for example that Hidden Arcana was quite bad, and just put into the game to please the people who wanted more tie ins to gw1, thats just me tho!

No, I wasn’t addressing you but mostly everyone else who is complaining 2 hours after the update saying it sucked, and they all know how the story should have been told.

Hidden Arcana was fine to me btw, the zephyrites are glints followers for a while now, so I wasn’t that surprised that we would see some of this back in one shape or another. But even I felt that it was slightly forced as well. It basically wouldnt mean anything much to anyone who hadn’t played gw1.

in Living World

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It was fine. My only issue is just a pet peeve on something like a memory seed existing. o.O I had to almost kill myself to see a past memory before, with the Priory.

That and me being surprised how soon it ended.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.