in Living World

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

Hi

After DR ep.2 its possible to conclude:

-Pale Tree know about Mordre
-Pale Tree is Glint version for Mordre
-She (Like our backpiece phrase) is good cause it was created by Ventari/Ronan
-Shadow of the Dragon from Sylvari first story IS this same shadow dragon.
-She waited patiently, hoping he(mordre) didnt wake.
-She see us(Commander/Trehearne friend) like a great hero, and as she did with treahearne, guiding him to defeat zhaitan, she hopes and believes that if mordre can be defeated it will be with our hands or by our help
-As she finally encountered such person, she decide to tell us the truth when the attack happened.
-She guides her sylvari to fight against Zhaitan first using the shadow of the dragon as basis. (she might ,or not, know if zhaitan is the same dragon that breed her)
-Theres a lot of indications that Mordre was imprisioned and/or sealed away at the last dragon fight, cause hes the only dragon not know to all elder races and MAYBE more powerfull and intelligent(this last one was just a maybe…..)

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

[Spoiler]Pale Tree finaly Uncovered

in Living World

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

There are records of 6 ED, so no, Mordremoth isn’t a surprise. Especially with how casually our character said its name.

If she was her champion, she must be the worst champion in the world to think that her master wouldn’t wake up. EDs always wake up.
And she perfectly knows what Zhaitan is, what Mordremoth is. She completely lied to us with the Shadows of the Dragon being a sign of Zhaitan. She knew it was Mordremoth (but this one, I’m putting it on the writers).

That tree knows a lot of things. But unfortunately, Anet is going to milk it as the big savior of Tyria so things are going to start making less and less sense and we should just stop thinking too much.

in Living World

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

-She guides her sylvari to fight against Zhaitan first using the shadow of the dragon as basis. (she might ,or not, know if zhaitan is the same dragon that breed her)
)

The pale tree does not decide what the sylvari see or don’t see in the dream, she’s only it’s caretaker.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Living World

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Funny I did not make all those conclusions from it.
Sure yes, the Pale Tree knows about Mordremorth… as does everyone else… would be weird if she did not know.

Yes she does respect us/the hero, because of previous accomplishments. Again no suprise there.

As for her being a champion like Glint was… nope still wouldn’t say that is a complete given… she might be (and my would I hate that) but it is in no way yet concluded if she is or not.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Living World

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

im dead set against pale tree being mordremoths minion and also struggle with the idea that the nightmare court are following mordremoths will as well.

If you actually look into the backstory behind the nightmare court it does make sense why they would exist without being influenced by mordremoth

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

Let’s put it this way to sorta kill the idea of the Pale Tree being Mordy’s champion. If she really was Mordy’s champion and betrayed him, I believe Mordy would go after her himself like Kralkatorric did with Glint, and not send one of his Lieutenants to do the job.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

RedStar.4218

Let’s put it this way to sorta kill the idea of the Pale Tree being Mordy’s champion. If she really was Mordy’s champion and betrayed him, I believe Mordy would go after her himself like Kralkatorric did with Glint, and not send one of his Lieutenants to do the job.

And an awfully bad job at it. If you want to take out the Pale Tree, you don’t focus your attack on the one room where everyone is. You keep focusing on the roots which must be incredibly hard to miss considering how enormous the Pale Tree is.

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

And an awfully bad job at it. If you want to take out the Pale Tree, you don’t focus your attack on the one room where everyone is. You keep focusing on the roots which must be incredibly hard to miss considering how enormous the Pale Tree is.

The Pale Tree is not a violent entity. She needs to be guarded physically. “If our deeds are reflected in the Dream”, and the Sylvari are minions Shielded of Mordy’s corruptions, could it be possible Mordy can tap into the Dream as well? Thus, know of our powers, drive and existence? If Mordy takes us and the world leaders out in one swoop, who is left to protect the tree?

in Living World

RedStar.4218

The Pale Tree is not a violent entity. She needs to be guarded physically. “If our deeds are reflected in the Dream”, and the Sylvari are minions Shielded of Mordy’s corruptions, could it be possible Mordy can tap into the Dream as well? Thus, know of our powers, drive and existence? If Mordy takes us and the world leaders out in one swoop, who is left to protect the tree?

And that’s why I cannot get with the idea that this attack was planned. It’s a kittening ED and he can’t even kill a dozen of people with a surprise attack ?
On the other side of Tyria he sends hundreds of vines, kills dozens of people, but to attack a summit he only sends 8 mordrem and a champion ?

I can get behind us surviving the attack because it wasn’t really planned. The champion came because it was a highly magical place and left because we really put up a fight. But surviving because the ED is too dumb to take us seriously ?
If he is that intelligent and cunning and actually gives a kitten about us, he should know better.

Kralk took things personally when he awoke.

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Not all things are reflected and absorbed by the Pale Tree and Dream though. We don’t know the full extent of her knowledge and the meta of the Dream and the Eternal Alchemy. There may be more secrets headed our way.

And that’s why I cannot get with the idea that this attack was planned. It’s a kittening ED and he can’t even kill a dozen of people with a surprise attack ?
On the other side of Tyria he sends hundreds of vines, kills dozens of people, but to attack a summit he only sends 8 mordrem and a champion ?

I can get behind us surviving the attack because it wasn’t really planned. The champion came because it was a highly magical place and left because we really put up a fight. But surviving because the ED is too dumb to take us seriously ?
If he is that intelligent and cunning and actually gives a kitten about us, he should know better.

Kralk took things personally when he awoke.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Except that even the Pale Tree in Episode 3(?) goes on to say that her knowledge on Modremoth is no better than the players. Trahearne also mentions something to this affect in Ep4.

in Living World

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

Hi

-Pale Tree is Glint version for Mordre
-She (Like our backpiece phrase) is good cause it was created by Ventari/Ronan

We can’t really confirm that. It might be true, but it’s not a fact just yet.

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

in Living World

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

The Elder Dragons last went to slumber somewhere around 11,000 years ago. Eleven thousand.

Ronan found the seed that would one day bear the Pale Tree 250-260 years ago.

And the only other known Sylvari Tree is of a kind that has no “Dream” at all, meaning that may be unique to our Pale Tree.

Contrasting this, Glint was around when her master was last awake, and has displayed firsthand knowledge of him when she spoke with Destiny’s Edge. She is far older than humanity had assumed (they said that she was brought by the Gods of Tyria and estimated her age at about 3,000 years before GW1).

I do not think there is a causal relation between Mordremoth and the Avatar of the Pale Tree.

I DO think she may have known it existed before such knowledge was public – we already know the Inquest were aware of it, and sylvari have wandered throughout the jungle region in their brief racial lifespan. Plus, there are Priory records from the ancient times – they did everything they could to track down dwarven records, since the Dragons started waking. So, some of what the Sylvari Priory scholars learn will pass into the Dream.

But even if she did know about it earlier, she probably did NOT have extensive knowledge, only the knowledge that it had yet to awaken, and that it was geographically nearish, and maybe any scraps the Priory had.

in Living World

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

im dead set against pale tree being mordremoths minion and also struggle with the idea that the nightmare court are following mordremoths will as well.

If you actually look into the backstory behind the nightmare court it does make sense why they would exist without being influenced by mordremoth

ArenaNet are, for better or worse, blatantly obvious when they’re trying to telegraph something to us. In the personal story, for example, when you talk to who you think is Trahearne, you know it’s not him because his behavior is so off-character. Another example is what’s going on with Countess Anise and Canach: you couldn’t possibly miss it.

So I don’t think ArenaNet would be so obvious with one “secret” and so subtle with another. I think we can take the Pale Tree at face value.

The obstacle is the path.

in Living World

RedStar.4218

So I don’t think ArenaNet would be so obvious with one “secret” and so subtle with another. I think we can take the Pale Tree at face value.

Anet seems to take people’s feedback and theories to change their stories.

You can’t really predict things because it can change midway through. You can always try to predict all kind of scenarios but you won’t ever be dead set on one because of this.

For example, look at Scarlet. Either they wrote her in and out terribly on purpose, or they planned to do something better towards the end, but due to terrible feedback they preferred to kill her quickly.
In the dat. file people found another ending for LS1 when Marjory dies, it didn’t happen. We were supposed to learn there that Rox was Rytlock half sister (or something like that) but we didn’t.

There’s nothing wrong with listening to feedback when it’s about the story-writing (this part wasn’t really emotional, the dialogs felt forced, etc.) but they shouldn’t modify their story to try to please people like they did with Scarlet (I still refuse to believe that from the start, this is how Scarlet was supposed to be and end).

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

OP are you one of the actual official writers for the LS?

I’m seriously.

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Anet seems to take people’s feedback and theories to change their stories.

They wouldn’t be the first. Look at Dallas and the whole “it was just a dream” fiasco. Or the revisions they’ve made to Doctor Who lately.

It is a bind with an episodic format that you can’t just go back and revise earlier episodes. You have to come up with some convoluted means of undoing the past. So long running shows often end up tying themselves in knots.

Sometimes it’s better just to jettison crapy storylines and start again, like they are doing with Star Wars, than to try and fit into an increasingly crowded universe.

in Living World

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

My biggest problem with the Pale Tree being a rouge champion of Modremoth is that the tree figures very prominently in the eternal Alchemy we saw in Omadd’s machine.
It implies that the Pale Tree is either a pillar of balance on Tyria or Modremoth has figures so prominently, that Tyria is entirely dependent on only one of the Elder Dragons to maintain balance.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”