(Spoilers) The "New" Area (I like it!)

in Living World

Posted by: AlienMenace.7516

AlienMenace.7516

we get to travel to Glint’s Lair – The Dragon’s Lair from GW1 in the Crystal Desert, complete with the Facets and everything. I personally felt like the fight mechanics did my memory of the area justice as well.

This is the first time something in GW2 has made me truly nostalgic for something from GW1. It brought back a lot of memories for me and that felt pretty good. I liked it a lot.

I hope this is a trend that will continue and is not just an isolated stroke-of-genius incident. GW1 has so much rich lore and I think a lot of GW2 players would appreciate a stronger connection between the two, like this or even more, in the future.

the library, and I read every single book I could find there.

Again, just wanted to say that this GW1-GW2 lore connection might make this my favorite patch yet for those reasons alone. Please continue to connect the lore between GW1 and GW2 in a direct, strong fashion like this. I can speak for myself at least when I say it made this patch exceed my expectations.

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Ah yes. I remember Glint’s Lair.

Good times.

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

AlienMenace.7516

Ah yes. I remember Glint’s Lair.

Good times.

Brought back some classic GW1 memories in a way GW2 hadn’t done for me up until this point (at least not to the same degree).

Felt pretty faithfully re-created and the new fights in there felt “right” for how it had been presented back in GW1. I feel like they not only did a tie-in but actually kind of honored the memory.

…I haven’t hoped for or expected something like that to happen in GW2 lately, which is why I was very pleasantly surprised by this this patch. I just wanted to leave some positive feedback and a big sign that reads more like this please in case anyone is taking notes.

in Living World

AlienMenace.7516

Dancing in front of the Abaddon statue in the library also causes you to die, which is a nice reference to “getting served” by Abaddon back in GW1 Nightfall’s Abaddon’s Gate.

This release definitely brought back a lot of nice and/or fun memories from GW1 for me.

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

I had a lot of fun… but I have one BIG worry.

It all felt forced. Fan-service. I’m afraid this was their way of silencing the whining GW1 fans – and NOT a trend that will continue.

in Living World

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

It all felt forced. Fan-service. I’m afraid this was their way of silencing the whining GW1 fans – and NOT a trend that will continue.

Hang tight, MP. That’s not what this is about.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I know what you mean – Glint’s Lair felt forced into the story with a crowbar a little bit. Not that it matters much. It was still great story, it was still extremely good fun to play and I’m sure it will tie together properly by the end.

in Living World

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Ummm…. shouldn’t y’all be using “spoiler” in the text like AlienMenace did? I feel sort of sad for people reading this. Could you edit to do that? (I feel rather rude jumping into your posts and fixing it. )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Living World

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’m not sure what’s the issue. Could you please explain? Even if it were to appease players…what’s the downside?

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Living World

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

I loved it all. Only problem that I have is that my computer struggles to run such large areas. I dunno, but still had fun.

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

I’m not sure what’s the issue. Could you please explain? Even if it were to appease players…what’s the downside?

He’s worried that they may stop after appeasing the GW1 fans once.

I say they should continue appeasing them.

Mamnoon Lagoon has lovely plants that I would love to see in GW2…. In other words the Mamnoon Lagoon seen on the map must be ingame and not dried up like the Silverwastes was!…..

That lake on the map that gets erased as players explore Silverwastes isn’t Mamnoon Lagoon itself is it?….

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Hang tight, MP. That’s not what this is about.

I hope so. A lot of season 2 feels rushed.
While Glint was foreshadowed with the Zephirites, just being teleportet into some kind of memory construct felt like taking the shortcut.

I hope we get a bit more restrain, as we jump from one epic moment to the next.
I dunno. I do not feel like we got a good flow yet.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Who wrote the book about bookahs which the Asura is trying to reach but can’t? That’s probably my favorite part of this patch.

Nalhadia – Kaineng