That Video Struck a Chord

in Living World

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

To be honest, I’ve always loved the Festival of the Four Winds and that airship. I love the aspects and the fact that the Zephyrites are one of the only throwbacks to GW1 lore (Glint’s protectors). It was one of my favorite releases last year and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed spending time in the zone again this year.

When I saw the trailer begin with the ship though, I knew. And it felt like a punch in the gut once the first explosion happened.

That is one feeling I never experienced in Season 1. So if this type of emotional impact is something Anet is striving for in Season 2, then I am ALL in. I am already connected to and care about the story/what happens.

Anyone else feeling similar?

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Nope. The airship was a rather insignificant part of Labyrinthine Cliffs; all the events happened elsewhere. It was somewhat interesting, but an easy trade for access to the Maguuma Wastes again.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I was surprised when I saw the explosion. But after further viewing of the video, I’m not sure the ship we are familiar with is the one that was damaged. It seems to be the ship with red sails, instead.

Who knows what that can mean? Maybe nothing, and maybe something significant (as far as the Festival of the Four Winds returning, anyway).

in Living World

redux.1502

Nope. The airship was a rather insignificant part of Labyrinthine Cliffs; all the events happened elsewhere. It was somewhat interesting, but an easy trade for access to the Maguuma Wastes again.

Interesting. I understand that point of view, there wasn’t a major story connection to the ship. But what about actually being attached to the airship/Zephyrites? Not just lore-wise, but just enjoying their release?

in Living World

Ben K.6238

The Zephyrites had precious little exposition, so I never grew interested in them. Maybe that’ll change with the upcoming release.

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Chord*

/fifteen

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Well, it probably did strike a few cords too… with explosions.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Living World

redux.1502

Well, it probably did strike a few cords too… with explosions.

I realized you two were right and changed the title! I’m a nursing major so I always use “cord” :p

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

but most, if not all of the fun stuff in the cliffs is only there because of the zephyrites. certainly the aspects part, and chasing sky crystals around.

the zephyrites are the embodiment of that festival, so seeing them being blown up like this was kind of… i don’t know. i just hope they didn’t all die to fall damage >.>

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Living World

Ben K.6238

If they’re lucky, Reviver will be on the daily that day. Then I’ll fix that straight away! For exactly 10 of them.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I wonder what this has to do with the gold glow in the doorway in the cutscene …

in Living World

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

The Zephyrites had precious little exposition, so I never grew interested in them.

That’s my take on it and the area in general, however it did have nice ambiance.