mrauls.6519

I wish I could have killed or stopped phlunt from stealing the device

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Then we would be short on manpower and thinking power against Mordremoth. The asura would call for your arrest, turtle in Rata Sum when Mordrem attack, the Summit wouldn’t commence and none of the leaders would come together. Everyone would be divided and made easy meals for the Dragons.
Maybe Trahearne could convince the Summit to commence without the asura, but who would listen to murderous/unhinged Pact members.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

It amazes me how many people don’t seem to understand the difference between theft and confiscation.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

It amazes me how many people don’t seem to understand the difference between theft and confiscation.

Or the idea of “Taimi keeping her toy isn’t as important as losing the chance for the Asura nation’s support.”

Or “If the Asura study they device, they might fix problems that come up later. Or make it work faster across the network!”

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I’m confused how this device was going to be used. Surely whoever was responsible for waypoints, like the arcane council, were always going to be the people who needed the technowhatsit? Tiami wasn’t planning to march round to every waypoint and fix them all herself was she?

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m confused how this device was going to be used. Surely whoever was responsible for waypoints, like the arcane council, were always going to be the people who needed the technowhatsit? Tiami wasn’t planning to march round to every waypoint and fix them all herself was she?

According to her, it works through the network to attune actual waypoints. It needed to be aimed only at the fakes in the demonstration. No need to drag it around at all, really.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

why are there like 10 topics on this? z_z

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

why are there like 10 topics on this? z_z

You’re right. Let’s talk mounts.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I wish I could have killed or stopped phlunt from stealing the device

I’m still not sure why this bothers people. Yes, I do think he has ulterior motives and I’m not quite sure what they may be. But think of it as if he does do something diabolical…. we’re just going to go after him.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I just want the option to threaten him or some smart gibe to make sure he knows I’m on to him and will cut him down if he tries anything funny.

Attachments:

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

I don’t necessarily think it was wrong how it ultimately played out, it’s just… I’m amazed Asura characters didn’t have any way to object to it given how ridiculously untrustworthy they KNOW the council to be from personal experience. I mean, look at the VAL-A and Haia.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I think Asura would be nice if you could claim it under your protection until she graduates.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

I just want the option to threaten him or some smart gibe to make sure he knows I’m on to him and will cut him down if he tries anything funny.

Phlunt: “I’m demanding another stipulation.”

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

I guess credit goes to the story/voice actors that made people hate Phlunt and side with Taimi. If they reversed the roles I bet a majority would be calling Phlunt a selfish ’unt.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

The only difference between theft and confiscation is that the people confiscating things claim there is a difference.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Then we would be short on manpower and thinking power against Mordremoth. The asura would call for your arrest, turtle in Rata Sum when Mordrem attack, the Summit wouldn’t commence and none of the leaders would come together. Everyone would be divided and made easy meals for the Dragons.
Maybe Trahearne could convince the Summit to commence without the asura, but who would listen to murderous/unhinged Pact members.

Not to mention that the Asura would cut off any communication with outside races and have a legitimate reason go declare war on the pact and/or the players race.

Srsly never, NEVER kill an ambassador on a diplomatic mission, even if the ambassador is motherkittening kitten. The consequences of killing one would be more than serious and maybe we would doom our world. And all because we killed one ambassador for confiscating the invention of a child.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

The only difference between theft and confiscation is that the people confiscating things claim there is a difference.

The difference lies in who has more power.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Sure, that’s true. From a childish wannabe revolutionairy’s point of view. “Fight the power, man!”

In the real world, it’s a little more complex.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

I am with Phunt on this. I will certainly not leave the potentially most devastating weapon in the world (since that device works the other way around aswell and can lure the dragon and it’s minions to certain waypoints) in the hands of a emotionally challenged child who at the 1st sign of not getting what she wants carries that weapon out into enemy territorry for the inquest to pick up.

So much for her “genius”, she can not grasp the implications of her own designs and clearly has no military or strategic talent whatsoever. As much as I like her she clearly needs a lot of guidance.

(edited by Bazzoong.7145)

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I am with Phunt on this. I will certainly not leave the potentially most devastating weapon in the world (since that device works the other way around aswell and can lure the dragon and it’s minions to certain waypoints) in the hands of a emotionally challenged child who at the 1st sign of not getting what she wants carries that weapon out into enemy territorry for the inquest to pick up.

To be fair, the Inquest can still easily get their hands on it later. Once the Arcane Council and whoever runs the waypoint network are done making modifications to it and the waypoints, the device’s blueprints will most likely be recorded and it will be put into storage. The Inquest can simply break in and steal it afterwards.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

To be fair, the Inquest can still easily get their hands on it later. Once the Arcane Council and whoever runs the waypoint network are done making modifications to it and the waypoints, the device’s blueprints will most likely be recorded and it will be put into storage. The Inquest can simply break in and steal it afterwards.

Or, you know, given it’s the Arcane Council we’re talking about they would very likely just end up giving it to the Inquest themselves.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

This is the dark side of every playable race’s government and culture.

• Humans have caste system, off which many just try to increase their own power at the cost of others, Bandits and White Mantle cult.
  • Asura leadership wants to hide information they deem harmful for their position on council.
  • Sylvari have the problem of being dragon minions.
  • Norn have the problem of their philosophies of life, this drives many to join Sons of Svanir cult, cause the most common interest is to gain more strength.
  • Charr have the issue of group that want to keep warring with humans, the renegades, to which some Charr defect into.
I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

• Sylvari have the problem of being dragon minions.

This is only speculation. Nothing in this game outright says that they are dragon minions.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

This annoyed me, I wanted to side with Taimi and tell Phlunt to go kitten himself.

Theft (spoilers)

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

This annoyed me, I wanted to side with Taimi and tell Phlunt to go kitten himself.

Braham: “Hey, uh, you wanna dial it back, what with the fate of Tyria on the line?”