There's something wrong with the miners...

in Living World

Posted by: Hyble.4271

Hyble.4271

When reading the topic title you probably though “Well yeah, they made that pretty obvious.” But I’m not talking about the human miners in Prospect. Yeah, the chat from those guys clearly points to something being wrong. But did you go into the Abandoned Mine full of Inquest? Most of the Inquest NPCs are normal, everything you’d expect…

…but there is a dark taint to the Inquest Miners. They have a kind of dark aura about them, and throw grenades that look and sound tainted as well. It’s safe to say that whatever (read: Mordremoth) is down there is corrupting the minds and bodies of those who get too close.

Is this new information? Yes and no. But the way it was done really gives me the goosebumps. It reminds me of a few books I’ve read, and gives that tingling sense of anticipation. That knowledge that something big is coming. Well done Anet.

Thoughts?

(Also, if anyone could grab and upload a screenie, that would be awesome)

in Living World

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

How did you get into the inquest base?

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Inquest Miners (specifically, ones I’ve fought at an event near Mrot Boru) utilize necromancer skills (the mark attacks), which could explain the dark aura you saw. However, since I haven’t fought the ones in the new zone, perhaps they have changed. I want to see this now.

in Living World

Hyble.4271

When you do the event where you have to race inquest for crystals, you can see where they “deliver” the crystals they pick up. It’s a small tunnel entrance to an abandoned mine. When that event is not going on, you can actually get through and see what is going on inside.

(P.S. the achievement for the legendary llama is inside this area as well…)

in Living World

Hyble.4271

Inquest Miners (specifically, ones I’ve fought at an event near Mrot Boru) utilize necromancer skills (the mark attacks), which could explain the dark aura you saw. However, since I haven’t fought the ones in the new zone, perhaps they have changed. I want to see this now.

Let me know what you think! I haven’t fought any “necromantic” type Inquest before, so maybe it is something that has been around. Still, Mrot Boru is closer to the Maguuma Jungle area, so maybe this is something that has been teased at for a lot longer than we thought.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Periodically the doors to the Inquest base open and an event spawns to rescue Zephyrites. No one was around so I just ran in and dodged the golems and inquest to get the POI in there and ran out… There are some barriers that you need to take down to get further in but you will need a group to do that…