These Challenges are Ridiculous!

in Living World

Posted by: Axyl.9408

Axyl.9408

I’m not sure what’s wrong, but no matter what I do, it will not give the the achievement for defeating the facet of strength! I fought him in melee the first time and never got CC’d once, because I kept up stability the entire fight with my ranger. No achievement.
Then, I decided to Bear-Bow it at 2100 range. I didn’t even lose a single Health point. No Achievement.

How the heck do you do this challenge?!?!

Also, if you fail, how do you do it again without restarting the story from outside of the library?

Thank you for your advice. I’m sorry, I’m just extremely frustrated with these challenges. I’ve been trying to do them for 2 days to no avail.

in Living World

Posted by: Rhianne.4027

Rhianne.4027

Are you doing this on a character which has previously completed this episode of the Living Story? You should be able to see a yellow buff with a crown icon for each achievement you can get in the instance, which will go away if you fail.

You can then restart the fight once you’ve killed the NPC using a challenge mote that is quite close by. It will summon the NPC for you to fight again.

in Living World

Axyl.9408

No, I’ve done the entire story on my thief, but I was going through trying to complete everything on my ranger. Do I need to do it on my thief?

Also, there is no crown icon. Only an “eye” icon to track the achievemnt. there wasn’t any button to reset the Facet of Strength fight either.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

you can only do the achievements on the second run for each character. If you want to do it on your ranger, finish the mission, then restart the episode for the achievements. When you restart the mission you don’t have to do them in order, so you can go straight back to hidden arcana.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

(edited by Ashandar.2570)

in Living World

Axyl.9408

Thank you so much! Why don’t they just tell you this crap? It’s infuriating. I’ve wasted two days on this kitten because I didn’t know it couldn’t be done on the first run. -_-

in Living World

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah its frustrating and not obvious at all. If the achievement panel is unlocked then the achievements should be completeable on any character on first playthrough. Kind of baffling that this isnt the case when they have been trying so hard to make things easy to understand with the NPE.

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Also, if you fail, how do you do it again without restarting the story from outside of the library?

To this question, there are challenge motes just before each boss that allow you to reset the fight and try again without doing the entire instance over (I missed them too until someone on the forums pointed them out to me ).

in Living World

Posted by: NuclearBuddha.8641

NuclearBuddha.8641

Characters ineligible for the achievements don’t have the little yellow markers for each challenge in their buff bar when they start the instance.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I had no idea you couldnt complete them on an alt when you had finished the story on your main. That explains a lot!

What a baffling thing to implement

in Living World

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I do wish that they would unlock the achievements on all characters after your first one finishes the chapter. I’d still keep the first playthrough in order for each character though (as well as the first time rewards).

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Just stupid design decision and then to add insult to injury you can’t skip the diologues.
BORING!
Unlock for all alts!!!

in Living World

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Just wanted to point out. Eventhough it is confusing, the reason Anet chose to implement this was to some extent even out time required to get the armor pieces necessary for the new luminescent collection title by completing the story achievements by players with lvl 80 alts as opposed to event farming 1k bandit badges per armor piece in SW by players who lack lvl 80 alts. Even so, the later is more time consuming.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

I had no idea you couldnt complete them on an alt when you had finished the story on your main. That explains a lot!

It was like that for the first portion of LS Season 2 though?

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

To this question, there are challenge motes just before each boss that allow you to reset the fight and try again without doing the entire instance over (I missed them too until someone on the forums pointed them out to me ).

I saw the challenge motes but just assumed they changed the difficulty to something harder so you got a better reward or something like that. Talk about a hidden and misleading feature…

in Living World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

It was like that for the first portion of LS Season 2 though?

Busy work. I didn’t even bother doing them, nor will I bother with these ones.

in Living World

Posted by: Norseman.4280

Norseman.4280

you can only do the achievements on the second run for each character.

Oooooooooooooooh no wonder :/

Jade Quarry. [Nord] [OMFG]

in Living World

Posted by: Arlandaes.2398

Arlandaes.2398

How do I do to go directly to event I want to reperform in the Story Journal ?
Seems I can only restart the full story for episode 5 which is kind of annoying.

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

How do I do to go directly to event I want to reperform in the Story Journal ?
Seems I can only restart the full story for episode 5 which is kind of annoying.

Folow the purple stars, those are for achievement and don’t require you to start the episode from the beginning.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

THESE CHALLENGES ARE RIDICULLOUS – ly easy

in Living World

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

They are easy – if u know how to do them. I managed on first time with my ranger – solo. It takes some time, but they arn’t hard really.

Kima & Co

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

The only 1 found hard, even with my dodging skills was the facet of strength, bcause the pulling projectile was almost impossible to predict. So I had a friend kill him for me, while I was n combat waiting at the side :p

in Living World

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Crown present ? Yes = Achievement can be done in this instance; No = Achievement can’t be done.

Much rocket science.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Bearbow Ranger can get the Strength Without Sacrifice achievement soooo easily. XD

1. Select Facet of Strength.

2. Press F1 to send your bear/tanky pet in.

3. Stay at 1500 range (or further!) and just pew pew.

4. Collect achievement.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Thank you so much! Why don’t they just tell you this crap? It’s infuriating. I’ve wasted two days on this kitten because I didn’t know it couldn’t be done on the first run. -_-

I know, right? They should lock out achievements like this for at least 3 years just in case players can’t work it out for themselves.

Long Live the NPE!