Welding Torch disappointment

in Living World

Posted by: EroticAndHeretic.7398

EroticAndHeretic.7398

Hi everyone

I’d like to share my disappointment about the Welding Torch weapon that is… A torch. Although it seems obvious considering it’s name, I think that every pistol engineer are disappointed by this weapon. I was really looking forward this, as it would have been perfect for a left hand pistol, considering there’s a Blowtorch skill.

It was first seen wielded by Brun Ingotspitter. This charr looks like an engineer. He even wield it like a pistol!

So… Why? Because it spit fire? Because it’s not “pistol” enough?

in Living World

Posted by: Kamikae.9536

Kamikae.9536

Yeah I don’t use torches with anyone, mostly because they kind of suck as a weapon cool idea but yeah, I second the motion to make it a pistol, or even a dagger or focus. But really it should be something engineers can use because reasons.

rMBP 15-inch, Late 2013 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

in Living World

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Is it too hopeful that this means they’re actually working on weapon set proliferation? Marjory (the second necro to get this ‘gift’, the first being shudders Trahearne) has a greatsword (that isn’t Caladbolg which we know has unique skills if you play the right Sylvari path) now and a blowtorch (perfectly themed for an Engineer- and not for thief/ranger) was created?

Answer:
Probably

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The logic behind thinking of a welding torch being a pistol is… baffling and illogical.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Aethyl.7519

Aethyl.7519

The logic behind thinking of a welding torch being a pistol is… baffling and illogical.

And the logic of implementing a welding torch in the first place, while making it unusable by the only class which would logically use it, is just as illogical, if not more.
But I can’t say that I am surprised about that.

(edited by Aethyl.7519)

in Living World

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

what are youe ven talking about? welding torch jsut a torch? are you talking about environmental weapons? or weapons for classes?

in Living World

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

what are youe ven talking about? welding torch jsut a torch? are you talking about environmental weapons? or weapons for classes?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Welding_Torch

It took me like 5 seconds to just search ‘Welding torch’ on the wiki. Why is that too difficult to do for you?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: EroticAndHeretic.7398

EroticAndHeretic.7398

Brun Ingotspitter wield it like a pistol. It’s felt obvious this was going to be a pistol.

Also, I’m pretty sure that this weapon skin was data mined as a pistol.

And there’s special weapons as well… Because the Moonshine is obviously a mace. Or simply the ley line pistol. A rock that can shoot darts and glue. Or the Dredge pistol, that looks like a tuning fork.

in Living World

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

troublemaker mode

No don’t you see guys? It’s a hint that they’re adding torches as usable weapons for engineers!

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Is it too hopeful that this means they’re actually working on weapon set proliferation? Marjory (the second necro to get this ‘gift’, the first being shudders Trahearne) has a greatsword (that isn’t Caladbolg which we know has unique skills if you play the right Sylvari path) now and a blowtorch (perfectly themed for an Engineer- and not for thief/ranger) was created?

Answer:
Probably

Marjory’s a necromancer using a spirit-infused sword to do warrior attacks, thanks to her training with a ranger (Rox).

She’s such a special snowflake that her butt freezes to the toilet seat every time she goes to the bathroom.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Aethyl.7519

Aethyl.7519

Answer:
Probably

Yes, it is indeed too hopeful.

The development of the NPCs has never, for now, had any consequences on our own characters.

They are the ones getting all the shiny new toys, the new powers, the new possessed greatsword, while the boss is staying in his mud. No need to create new skills, or to even balance them. It’s just easier that way.

Get used to it. We are not seeing greatsword necromancers or hammer/mace/torch engineer anytime soon.

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Answer:
Probably

Necromancer in the charr personal story dual wields Infinite Light which is a sword.
Rytlock uses sword/pistol as a warrior.
Logan is a Guardian.

in Living World

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Answer:
Probably

Necromancer in the charr personal story dual wields Infinite Light which is a sword.
Logan is a Guardian.

Crusader Deborah is a heavy armor character who uses an impossible weapon combination (pistol/focus), for that matter.

in Living World

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

And Personal/Living story rangers have one unique looking pet companion rather than two hot-swapping generic meatbags.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I posted a suggestion topic for a pistol version of the Welding Torch. Hopefully it gets looked at.

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Answer:
Probably

Logan is a Guardian.

Well to be fair, all Charr have access to a pistol with their optional skill. Granted its not a true weapon you can wield all the time, but they still can use pistols.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…