Zephyrite Lockpick

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’m wondering what is a reliable way to get this, besides trading in geodes. Since trading in 20 geodes(for tier 4) seems a lot.

Which living story is a good way to acquiring this?

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: madzoran.4802

madzoran.4802

takes less time to farm geodes imo.

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

The more folk that help get the tier as high as possible the cheaper the cost in geodes, plus you earn them as you do that. Then once the dust storm starts any event gives you some very nice geode rewards. Definitely easier to farm geodes.

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

laokoko.7403

Is it even worth it though?

There are ways to convert 20 geodes to 1 gold. So you are essentially trading in 1 gold to buy a key.

Unless you are collecting Umbrite weapon, I dont’ see the point on trading 1 gold for a chest.

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Since there are recipes, etc. in the buried chest it is worth farming for the geodes if you want them. The Uncanny Achievement you need an item that comes from those chests – Twister in a Jar. The gilded strongbox in those buried chests can often hold some nice items too. It is definitely worth the time to farm for geodes to get lockpicks, after all, it is only costing your time and not money.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Buried_Locked_Chest

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gilded_Strongbox

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Time = money (for some even invaluable since lost time can never be regained)

Personally I would save the geodes for the recipes and get fossiles via the pvp reward track.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: Captain.3940

Captain.3940

Is it even worth it though?

There are ways to convert 20 geodes to 1 gold. So you are essentially trading in 1 gold to buy a key.

Unless you are collecting Umbrite weapon, I dont’ see the point on trading 1 gold for a chest.

I’ve been researching for a bit, but I can’t seem to find how you do this. Do you buy a bunch of recipes and throw them in the mystic forge or something? I’d love to find out since apparently this doesn’t rely on opening storm chests.

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Geodes can be traded for Clay Bricks, which are used to make Clay Pots. Clay Pots can be sold on the TP for upwards of 10g, so depending on how cheaply you can purchase the other ingredients, you can make quite a lot of money on those.

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: Captain.3940

Captain.3940

Geodes can be traded for Clay Bricks, which are used to make Clay Pots. Clay Pots can be sold on the TP for upwards of 10g, so depending on how cheaply you can purchase the other ingredients, you can make quite a lot of money on those.

Thanks!

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Just run Living story on every alt you have at lv 80. You can get 100s of lockpicks.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

laokoko.7403

Just run Living story on every alt you have at lv 80. You can get 100s of lockpicks.

why do you have to run it on alt. Can’t you just rerun it on your main?

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

The Living Story chapter rewards (that is, the Mordrem boxes, the Lockpicks etc.) are only given out once per character. It’s a nice move for those of us with lots of alts to give us incentive to replay it on each one.

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Even with that bonus I haven’t found it worth rerunning the LS with multiple characters. It’s easier to just farm geodes. The problem with the LS in it’s current form is that 1. Most things you do there don’t count towards dailies, and 2. enemies don’t drop loot, which is vastly unsatisfying, and the loot you get at the end is not enough to make up for that. They are fun enough to do one pass through, but anything beyond that is tedious.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I do agree that they need to change the LS (and the PS now too, since they retroactively got changed to use the LS system) so that mobs killed while inside the instances give XP and loot. It really, really handicaps players who have builds and gear set up to take advantage of kills, such as Bloodlust stacks or “gain X on an enemy kill”.

If the concern is that people will start farming the LS instances, then rework the instances so that enemies are finite.

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

why do you have to run it on alt. Can’t you just rerun it on your main?

Rewards are only received the first time around. So you can replay it on a character but you won’t receive rewards.

Zephyrite Lockpick

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Yeah, I do agree that they need to change the LS (and the PS now too, since they retroactively got changed to use the LS system) so that mobs killed while inside the instances give XP and loot. It really, really handicaps players who have builds and gear set up to take advantage of kills, such as Bloodlust stacks or “gain X on an enemy kill”.

If the concern is that people will start farming the LS instances, then rework the instances so that enemies are finite.

Or just make it so that only infinitely spawning enemies don’t drop loot. That’s how it was originally done in the PS, after all.

They should still fix it for traits, gear etc, though.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.