can I vote Taimi off the island yet?

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If I’m really the boss, I want her off the team. She has the judgment of a child. She’s a fool, a liability. And if that weren’t enough, she’s impudent. At least let me put her in some command center where she ckittene her talents to help the team without putting everyone in harm’s way.

in Living World

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

If I’m really the boss, I want her off the team. She has the judgment of a child. She’s a fool, a liability. And if that weren’t enough, she’s impudent. At least let me put her in some command center where she ckittene her talents to help the team without putting everyone in harm’s way.

Pah. You are just jealous since she won’t make you a coauthor of her upcoming seminal treatise about ley lines.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

She has the judgment of a child. .

She is a child isn’t she..?

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Well I’m the Boss too and I want her to stay.
You didn’t even want to be the boss so you have no right

Also she IS a child.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: DDCarvalho.2071

DDCarvalho.2071

Also, she has proven to be an asset in most of the fronts she worked. She can read Scarlet’s design like no one else, and pointed us to the places that needed our help (Concordia and Salma).
She could be replaced by another genius like Vorrp, but I think she has way more personality than <<insert generic asura here>>. So she stays, sorry.

in Living World

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

There are very few characters in GW2 that are memorable and even well written. Taimi is one of them. She needs to stay and besides, I like her sense of humour

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

She’s a child and Asura, two things that makes her quite the liability.
But that she has bone degeneration disease which puts even more stress on her, one that also increases her recklesness, since she might be pretty much “imprisoned” inside her golem or possible lab, one day.

But I don’t think we can throw her out.

Well alot good reasons to keep her are here..

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

She has the judgment of a child.

Because she is one.

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I want Kasmeer and Marjory gone. I think their characters are uninteresting.

That leaves with Taimi (with Scruffy), Rox (with Frostbite) and Braham. Now throw in Lord Faren instead of Kasmeer and Marjory, and maybe a completely new character, and I’m all good.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Yeah…unfortunately, as much as I want her kicked out after that stupid “Here, let me just try out the machine that made the Invasive Weed evil, with no proof I won’t just get an aneurysm!” moment, there aren’t really that many other good asuran characters to replace her with.

The only ones that come to mind are Larra, Vorpp, Shodd, and maybe Elli. I might be missing others, but out of those four, only two of them have enough of a personality to stick with the group, and none of them are as informed on the Invasive Weed as that reckless progeny.

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Carving your way across Mordrem territory with Shodd as your group’s brains? What could possibly go wrong?

Larra: Never heard of her
Vorpp: Not a bad idea, but not really fleshed out as a character yet
Elli: Deceased

Personally i wouldn’t mind Levvi joining the crew

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

Spoilers!…

Ok..

Larra shows up in the “Act with Wisdom” sylvari arc, where you (and Carys, but mostly you) rescue her along with Tegwen and a hylek. She helps you find the mirror they were after, and after Tegwen gets sucked in, she offers to help you get her back (which most would probably take, since the other option is asking…Trehearne for help). After that, she just sorta hangs out in your home instance.

She’s a bit of a jerk at first, calling you and the others plant names and having quite the contempt for skritt, but shows her nice side by helping you figure out where the mirror was taken, helping the skritt fight the destroyers in exchange for the mirror, and then helping rescue Tegwen.

Eh? Elli’s dead? But Zott died on that mission, not her….and doesn’t she later make the holo-tech used for Dragon Bash (which then gets stolen by the Aethertrash)?

Oooh, Levvi! Nice idea, since she’s probably dead bored of Southsun by now. Oh well…

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

There are very few characters in GW2 that are memorable and even well written. Taimi is one of them. She needs to stay and besides, I like her sense of humour

Every time I read a statement like this I silently weep a little.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Living World

Posted by: Leallax.1482

Leallax.1482

P sure Elli’s still alive….at least last time I checked.

in Living World

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

Well, Taimi discovers things and seems to be the only one on the crew who doesn’t want to smash every piece of technology we find to bits. I really hate Braham for his IQ of below 30. “I don’t understand this, better break it before it does something smart again.”

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Eh? Elli’s dead? But Zott died on that mission, not her….and doesn’t she later make the holo-tech used for Dragon Bash (which then gets stolen by the Aethertrash)?

I stand corrected

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Living World

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Along with Rox, Taimi is the only biconic I want to keep around.

in Living World

darkace.8925

Pah. You are just jealous since she won’t make you a coauthor of her upcoming seminal treatise about ley lines.

~MRA

If she keeps running blindly into potential deathtraps, there’s a real good chance she won’t live to write that treatise. Actually, since she’s wearing Plot Armor +5 I’m sure she’ll be just fine. But think of all the red shirts her foolishness is going to kill.

Both literally and figuratively. I want someone I can rely on when I’m saving the world, not someone I have to babysit.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

She’s proven very useful, but I agree that we need to put a leash on her so she doesn’t do anymore impulsive stuff which could result in her, or me, becoming Scarlet 2.0.

in Living World

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

Taimi won’t die anytime soon. She is the devs fav but I have a bad feeling for Majory/Kasmeer will likely to die next.

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

Quiet you! Don’t give them the thought to try that again!

in Living World

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

That leaves with Taimi (with Scruffy), Rox (with Frostbite) and Braham. Now throw in Lord Faren instead of Kasmeer and Marjory, and maybe a completely new character, and I’m all good.

that could work. They all kinda suck, but Braham & Rox are the least annoying. They’ve forgotten since Tybalt & Forgal how to make cool, fun characters. Now the template seems to be MLP & ERP Fanfics.

in Living World

Posted by: Leaf.3156

Leaf.3156

I just want to take her to Lion’s Arch and confront her with the thousands of lives her HERO has destroyed.

Seriously, being forced to agree with Taimi’s deification of Scarlet is cringe-worthy and slowly ruining the story. I just want to give her a kitten reality check. Or at least some CHOICE in the story.

in Living World

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

She’s proven very useful, but I agree that we need to put a leash on her so she doesn’t do anymore impulsive stuff which could result in her, or me, becoming Scarlet 2.0.

Funnily enough after the final cinematic… as my poor warrior got off the ground, my first words were… that kittening kid is going to get me killed!!

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

If I had to choose just one member of the team to fight along, I’d prefer fighting next to a smart asura with deep knowledge in technology driven by curiosity in an armored exoskeleton instead of a blondy skimpy-clad hiccupy lovey-dovey mesmer, a necro who can’t even spawn minions at the correct location and gets almost killed because of approaching a legendary villain without precautions, a ranger, and a dumb norn who likes to scatter mobs with his shield and to kill before getting vital information which could’ve saved countless lives throughout the whole Tyria, one person’s sister included.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

darkace.8925

If I had to choose just one member of the team to fight along, I’d prefer fighting next to a smart asura with deep knowledge in technology driven by curiosity in an armored exoskeleton instead of a blondy skimpy-clad hiccupy lovey-dovey mesmer, a necro who can’t even spawn minions at the correct location and gets almost killed because of approaching a legendary villain without precautions, a ranger, and a dumb norn who likes to scatter mobs with his shield and to kill before getting vital information which could’ve saved countless lives throughout the whole Tyria, one person’s sister included.

So you’d rather hang out with an arrogant, impudent, impetuous, foolish child who idolizes a mass murdering psychopath?

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Komir and Rurik in Guild Wars 1 come to mind. I don’t know why. lol

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

So you’d rather hang out with an arrogant, impudent, impetuous, foolish child who idolizes a mass murdering psychopath?

You must’ve missed the talk to her after the LA attack chapters.

She doesn’t idolise a mass murdering psychopath. She’s amazed at her achievements in science and is the only one motivated to dig into it, while everyone else is busy with either their love relationships or mother-child relationships. She’s not much different in behaviour from other grown-up asura, actually.

Overall, it’s like these heroes are on a weekend trip to a theme park, but while the tired grandparents and infatuated parents are dicussing their daily casual affairs, the child is the only one who’s interested in discovering the park itself. And that’s why I think she’s far more useful as a companion than others, even with all the threats included.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

I wouldn’t mind replacing Kasmeer and Marjory with Evon Gnashblade and Captain Weyandt, think I’d keep Taimi, Rox and Braham tho, altho I wouldn’t mind dragging around Trahearne in an effort to get him killed.

in Living World

darkace.8925

I wouldn’t mind dragging around Trahearne in an effort to get him killed.

lol, poor Trahearne. The man’s the most hated being in all of Tyria, and his only sin is not being a kitten.

in Living World

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

well I’m a boss to and I want them all gone. I’d send them all on a suicide mission and make sure no one of them returns. I played lot of games and I don’t remember a single one which would have so many annoying characters.

in Living World

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I know it was a crime against Gwen and all of GW but I used to stake an unarmed, stock armor Thackary or Pyre out to die in GW, and they were far less annoying than the superfriends.

Given the chance I would still use any and all Charr as chum.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

lol, poor Trahearne. The man’s the most hated being in all of Tyria, and his only sin is not being a kitten.

And stealing all the glory
And being boring (imo)
And the terrible voice acting.. when he talks he just sucks all the atmosphere out of the moment.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

And the terrible voice acting.. when he talks he just sucks all the atmosphere out of the moment.

This is a problem pretty much during the whole PS. I would blame whoever directed it, rather than the voice-actors/actresses.

in Living World

Posted by: jdmThor.3806

jdmThor.3806

so much hate for this kid, of all characters to hate on. without taimi, this season 2 adventure would be dull. she’s one of the gems in this new content in my opinion.

please don’t kill her off anet lol.

in Living World

Celestina.2894

This is a problem pretty much during the whole PS. I would blame whoever directed it, rather than the voice-actors/actresses.

Hmm…I don’t know, some VA WAS pretty terrible and done by people who obviously lacked the ability to voice action so I can’t really blame it all on one person.

Though nothing, not even Trahearne has managed to top the atrocity that is Factions VA.

I still have nightmares about Danika shudders

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

What about Chain Smoker Rhea?

in Living World

Posted by: Leaf.3156

Leaf.3156

It was madness I tell you! MAAAAAAAAAADNESSSSS!

in Living World

Posted by: geogyf.5087

geogyf.5087

i agree

We should have a proper guy not a child

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

I’m all for killing off the lovebirds and saving the other three. Rox and Braham are the only ones who are not a constant Deus Ex Machina, so they don’t feel cheap. Plus, Charr/Norn rom-com, anyone? Taimi is a get-out-of-trouble-free card, and can definitely be obnoxious or a liability sometimes, but is at least a non-generic RPG Hero. She’s uniquely written and should definitely stay. Margarine and Cat-Smear need to be bumped for better characters. I vote for Explorer Smatti, but only because I love her voice actress.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

They’ve forgotten since Tybalt & Forgal how to make cool, fun characters.

I really liked Forgal as a character, not only did he have an interesting personality you actually developed a relationship with that guy. At first he doesn’t think much of you and over time he develops respect and trust in you as you prove yourself in each chapter. Soon the relationship is like too equals battling it out against the odds. I had/have more of a connection with forgal than I have with the combined munch bunch I’m forced to group with now.

The Anet writers have lost their touch in a big way. It probably why I suspect Jeff Grubb left Anet long before these latest characters were developed.

in Living World

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m all for killing off the lovebirds and saving the other three. Rox and Braham are the only ones who are not a constant Deus Ex Machina, so they don’t feel cheap. Plus, Charr/Norn rom-com, anyone? Taimi is a get-out-of-trouble-free card, and can definitely be obnoxious or a liability sometimes, but is at least a non-generic RPG Hero. She’s uniquely written and should definitely stay. Margarine and Cat-Smear need to be bumped for better characters. I vote for Explorer Smatti, but only because I love her voice actress.

While I do think Margarine and Miss Universe have evolved into half decent characters, I still find most of their dialoge forced and kind of annoying, and wouldn’t be sorry to see them leave.

Taimi, Rox and Braham are the 3 I want to keep around, no matter what. For all his faults, Braham is still mildly interesting as a character. I would like to add Canach to the group as well.

Taimi is 90% the reason why I enjoy the LS. I love every line of dialogue she comes out with. The VA is fantastic. I doubt I’d enjoy it much otherwise.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Living World

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Leave the interspecies romance on Rule 34, where it belongs.

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Do you want a child on this team?

in Living World

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Just punt Taimi off a high cliff , oops then laugh about it

[WM]give us in game ladder

in Living World

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I like her sense of humor too.

• Idolizes Scarlet Briar and sings praise for her.
  • Admits that Scarlet Briar is “misunderstood”
  • Has yet to be slapped across the face by a survivor or by several survivors of the Siege of Lion’s Arch who have lost homes, family, friends, love ones, and/or may still be suffering from the effects of the miasma and other alarming injuries from the attack.

I want Taimi to be funny in Lion’s Arch lol. This is a video game, sure, but Taimi should totally praise Scarlet and mention that she’s simply “misunderstood” right in the middle of a ruined LA only to bump into some survivors who have lost EVERYTHING. I bet they’ll appreciate her humor too!

in Living World

Celestina.2894

Don’t remind, Factions was just overflowing with terrible VA x_x

in Living World

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Well, to be fair half of Braham’s dialogue is simply repeating “uh huh” and the other half is “can it bash it with my mace now?”. Kinda easy to not fall into that realm of character when you have nothing to say. Rox is pretty much summed up by “no don’t do that you’ll get hurt, then i’ll have to patch you up”.

But I agree, I much prefer their little to nothing to say than the overly talkative and obvious annoying dialogue of Kas/jory. I HATE Marjory at this point and I was happy to see Belinda die just because it got Marjory out fo the picture, it’s unfortunate she needed to die for that to happen, but thank god we got that dialogue out of the picture for now.

As for personal story voice acting, I really liked the entire personality/dialogue from Magister Sieren I think it was, the priory person. Then Gixx talking to her was just great IMO.

in Living World

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Well, to be fair half of Braham’s dialogue is simply repeating “uh huh” and the other half is “can it bash it with my mace now?”. Kinda easy to not fall into that realm of character when you have nothing to say. Rox is pretty much summed up by “no don’t do that you’ll get hurt, then i’ll have to patch you up”.

But I agree, I much prefer their little to nothing to say than the overly talkative and obvious annoying dialogue of Kas/jory. I HATE Marjory at this point and I was happy to see Belinda die just because it got Marjory out fo the picture, it’s unfortunate she needed to die for that to happen, but thank god we got that dialogue out of the picture for now.

As for personal story voice acting, I really liked the entire personality/dialogue from Magister Sieren I think it was, the priory person. Then Gixx talking to her was just great IMO.

Yeah, Sieran’s dialogue with Gixx is great.

in Living World

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

The day we get to kill Trahearne will be the greatest day in all of Guildwars2 history

As for the dream team I really do miss the banter of Tybalt & Forgal. Def my favs, followed closely by Rox and Gixx

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]