"Avoid the Genie."

"Avoid the Genie."

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Indylord.7160

Indylord.7160

Some of you have probably seen WoodenPotatoe’s speculation on SAB’s weird stuff. Well, here’s mine.

First of all, one of the books in SAB is titled “Avoid the Genie.” Then, there’s that genie at the beginning of World 3 who wants you to destroy “the true enemy’s machine,” which turns out to be a copycat of the SAB. Why? Is the genie evil? Is it a sentinent part of SAB, or did Moto program it to do that? When you ask him about it, he seems oblivious like he’s trying to hide something…. but why would MOTO do that?

Then there’s the mystery in the short story, “Shadowbox.” Why did that shadow appear for a second? Who perfected the SAB prototype while he was asleep? (The story clearly states it was not perfect at all.)

Post your speculations about the weird stuff in SAB here.

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: Snack.9315

Snack.9315

Wait.. there are readable books in SAB?

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).
Current characters: Mistress Viridi (Elementalist), Pigeon Opener (Engineer).
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Mail me in-game if you add me!

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Wait.. there are readable books in SAB?

Only the titles in the book spine, seen in the bookcases in shops.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: Insomniac.9531

Insomniac.9531

Obviously the genie is the 8-bit scoundrel version of Moto. (Though I don’t see the difference. >.>)

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: Euphemia.7240

Euphemia.7240

Moto is afraid of his competition ruining his claim to fame in the SAB. He programmed the Genie to tell us to destroy the true enemy’s machine to avoid any chance of his SAB being outdone by a competitor.

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I’m not sure how, but Scarlet is definitely involved.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

"Avoid the Genie."

Euphemia.7240

That mischievous Scarlet.

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

No. There is no indication at all of Scarlet being involved. And hopefully it stays that way.

"Avoid the Genie."

EnemyCrusher.7324

No. There is no indication at all of Scarlet being involved. And hopefully it stays that way.

Everyone assumes that “the competition’s machine” is a competitor with SAB for the Snaff Prize, but it’s quite possible that it’s actually a competitor with Scarlet’s Eternal Alchemy machine. If anyone has the skills to hack SAB, it’s Scarlet, but I’m sure there’s more to it than that.

“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

"Avoid the Genie."

Euphemia.7240

Everyone assumes that “the competition’s machine” is a competitor with SAB for the Snaff Prize, but it’s quite possible that it’s actually a competitor with Scarlet’s Eternal Alchemy machine. If anyone has the skills to hack SAB, it’s Scarlet, but I’m sure there’s more to it than that.

Seems very legit.

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There was no indication of her being involved in many, many things.

But you’ll see.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: Aryto.5873

Aryto.5873

Obviously, he’s Game Genie®, the radical video game enhancer.

Go to any level, jump higher, stay bigger, live forever.

·································•¤¨¨¨¤•·································
A R Y T O . S HA D E S T A L K E R
·································•¤……¤•·································

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Um, where does it say that Moto’s competing for the Snaff Prize? Is there even a Snaff Prize going on right now? Please show what sources this information comes from.

Also, I should mention that aside from a little dialogue from Vorpp, no one even knows her “Eternal Alchemy seeing” machine exists, and I’m sure if it was in the Snaff Prize competition, we’d know about it.

There was no indication of her being involved in many, many things.

But you’ll see.

Really now? Listing the things Scarlet’s been found to be behind:

1: The Molten Alliance. Indicated by the fact that she summons them during her invasions. It had already been suspected and inferred that the Dredge and Flame Legion were united by a third party, but the little hint we did get was so vague that we figured it was from anyone in the Consortium to Ellen Kiel and Evon Gnashblade themselves. I still think Scarlet had someone else handle/help uniting these two factions, given the Dredges’ xenophobia and the Flame Legion’s sexism.

2: The Aetherblades. Her name is dropped by Mai Trin in the Aetherblade dungeon, and she even says the Aetherblades work for her, “because they like living.”

3: The Twisted. Shown during the Closing Ceremony/Clockwork Chaos events.

Everything she turned out to be involved in was either said or inferred to have someone behind it. So no, until the developers show a Living Story involving her messing with the Super Adventure Box, I’m not seeing any involvement on her part this time. Which is good.

"Avoid the Genie."

EnemyCrusher.7324

Um, where does it say that Moto’s competing for the Snaff Prize? Is there even a Snaff Prize going on right now? Please show what sources this information comes from.

Also, I should mention that aside from a little dialogue from Vorpp, no one even knows her “Eternal Alchemy seeing” machine exists, and I’m sure if it was in the Snaff Prize competition, we’d know about it.

It’s mentioned in game by one of the NPCs when you follow the genie’s instructions. Also, I didn’t say that Moto is going for the Snaff prize, just that people assume that based on the info from the living story. Honestly though, he probably is.

I really doubt Scarlet cares about the Snaff prize, but she obtained her powers from that machine, so she has a strong motive for no one else to obtain such a machine. For details, read What Scarlet Saw.

On the other hand, I doubt Moto’s innocence, because one of the devs had a disclaimer saying that his actions and behavior bear no reflection on his namesake (Shigeru Miyamoto).

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Maybe the raw emotion Moto poured into creating the SAB (seen in Shadowbox) affected it? Or perhaps he invents things in his sleep. It could be an Asura-thing

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Personally I think that the Genie is a dark reflection of the emotions Moto poured into creating the Super Adventure Box. We don’t really know much about Moto’s state of mind when he made the SAB, but I’m willing to bet there must have been at least a bit of “Kick me out, will they? I’ll show them. I’ll show them all!” going through his head. The genie is attempting to fulfill that subconscious desire by sabotaging his old krewe’s work, even if Moto isn’t willing to consciously support it.

"Avoid the Genie."

Euphemia.7240

Personally I think that the Genie is a dark reflection of the emotions Moto poured into creating the Super Adventure Box. We don’t really know much about Moto’s state of mind when he made the SAB, but I’m willing to bet there must have been at least a bit of “Kick me out, will they? I’ll show them. I’ll show them all!” going through his head. The genie is attempting to fulfill that subconscious desire by sabotaging his old krewe’s work, even if Moto isn’t willing to consciously support it.

I fully support this theory, Zax.

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’d kinda like it if it WAS intentionally placed there by Moto.

Problems with society? Build a machine to brainwash the youth of a generation, then, when the chaos wrought by your sleeper army comes to a head, fill the power vaccum it creates.

Also, because I think it would be awesome to get a LS dungeon with moto as the boss that runs the whole thing like Marvels’ Arcade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Then at the end in stead of killing him, we get him to see the error of his ways, and he’s instrumental in helping us kill Scarlet (also, Traherne dies somehow)

We haven’t really had any sympathetic villains, just all crazy and pure evil. I’d like to help turn someone’s life around for once

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Considering that Scarlet Mary Sued her way through all of Rata Sum. She probably left some code in SAB and forgot about it. But will totally remember it when it manifests.

"Avoid the Genie."

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

I half expect Moto’s just one of those coders who somehow become geniuses while drunk, but forget about what they’ve coded by the time they’re sober. When he was drunk he coded some form of AI that carries his emotions for his old krewe, and subsequently forgot he made it.