Exotic Discovery's Reset

Exotic Discovery's Reset

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: squirrelzilla.5809

squirrelzilla.5809

Wait, wait, now I’m confused. Should I get all my lower crafting tiers up to 400 now? Or wait until the patch so I don’t have to rediscover all those recipes?

What say you Oracle of Forums?

Get them up to 400 now. This effects 400 level exotics only.

Thank you! That clears things up alot.

Luna Wildbark [FOOL] on Crystal Desert

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Removing this because I was wrong

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Wait.

I think people are misunderstanding somewhat, because you aren’t losing out the most important part of making the exotics, the inscription. Those are not being reset, those ranting and raving about losing their RARE molten sentinel exotic creations can still make them.

It’s the convinence of seeing that exotic on your crafting list that is going away. Meaning once the patch hits, you make the materials and toss it in the discovery again to get the exotic and its discovery back on your crafting list.

Blowing it far out of hand folks…

Though if you are a completionist of the most extreme kind (Every Exotic Discovery founded) then yes this would impact you. Sorry for your impulsive loss

This does nothing against everyone else.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Wait.

I think people are misunderstanding somewhat, because you aren’t losing out the most important part of making the exotics, the inscription. Those are not being reset, those ranting and raving about losing their RARE molten sentinel exotic creations can still make them.

It’s the convinence of seeing that exotic on your crafting list that is going away. Meaning once the patch hits, you make the materials and toss it in the discovery again to get the exotic and its discovery back on your crafting list.

Though if you are a completionist of the most extreme kind (Every Exotic Discovery founded) then yes this would impact you. Sorry for your impulsive loss

Except this DOES impact everyone who has even one recipe reset. It affects the gold/time it took to get the mats to discover that recipe and requires us to invest that gold/time to discover it again. Just like the mf change that flushes the gold/mats/laurels/time/transmutation stones that we invested to make the gear.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Azihe.9456

Azihe.9456

Wait.

Except this DOES impact everyone who has even one recipe reset. It affects the gold/time it took to get the mats to discover that recipe and requires us to invest that gold/time to discover it again. Just like the mf change that flushes the gold/mats/laurels/time/transmutation stones that we invested to make the gear.

So let’s say that you need to make a Berserker’s Pearl Dagger. You can still make it with the exact same materials. The pattern for daggers is still handle,inscription, and blade. Just make it. Discovery was never difficult. It was never hard to figure out. It was always about experience.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Sykper.6583

Wait.

Except for the small bit where people are already aware of what the recipes are now, there is no time needed to discover recipes! And if you were frequently using said recipe (Ultimately I find it unlikely that anyone always made every single discovery on a daily basis), then it should not be too hard to re-learn it again for discovery experience towards Grandmaster ‘so-so’. Heck, I would be MORE upset if I couldn’t discover the recipes again, it is a huge bonus to discovering a recipe towards leveling a craft.

….Yes, I agree on the MF point, that will be a harsh hit to my wallet and I am pretty sad it is going away.

But I cannot figure out why anyone except those who are completionists with crafting would be upset by this change! It encourages a head-start into leveling your crafting and is a minor hiccup to mass-crafting since you have to put the materials in ONCE to discovery the recipe!

Making a mountain out of a mole-hill jeez…

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Wait.

Except for the small bit where people are already aware of what the recipes are now, there is no time needed to discover recipes! And if you were frequently using said recipe (Ultimately I find it unlikely that anyone always made every single discovery on a daily basis), then it should not be too hard to re-learn it again for discovery experience towards Grandmaster ‘so-so’. Heck, I would be MORE upset if I couldn’t discover the recipes again, it is a huge bonus to discovering a recipe towards leveling a craft.

….Yes, I agree on the MF point, that will be a harsh hit to my wallet and I am pretty sad it is going away.

But I cannot figure out why anyone except those who are completionists with crafting would be upset by this change! It encourages a head-start into leveling your crafting and is a minor hiccup to mass-crafting since you have to put the materials in ONCE to discovery the recipe!

You didn’t address my main gripe, the gold/time wasted. You can see it for mf gear because it affects you too. I’d guess you have a tidy stock of materials in your bank, I don’t. I reached 400 in every crafting discipline so I sell my materials to make more gold. Now I either have to invest time to get those materials or gold to buy those materials to get a recipe I already know.

I fully understand their justifications but this change, just like the mf change, is stealing gold from my account pure and simple. Even if you don’t find it problematic for yourself you surely must see that this is more than just a reset of a recipe, it’s a flushing of the gold/time it took to unlock that recipe.

BTW love the dismissive attitude there, I don’t think I’ve treated anyone with an opposing viewpoint that way. Don’t worry though, as long as it’s done defending ArenaNet, no moderator action will be taken.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I just realized this reset ONLY benefits those who have already mastered the crafting classes in question. For new players, or old ones who simply haven’t got down to crafting yet, they can still use discoveries to make 400 easily, but after that, they wont have anything to get to 500… it would have been far more beneficial to simply add new recipes.

What you just said makes no sense. Nobody used discovery of lvl 400 crafting recipes to get to lvl 400, for obvious reasons.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I only ever did this on cooking. and if for some reason down the road those got reset I would be a little upset as well. I spent a lot of time and money learning those recipes. I know you get xp and all but it’s a money issue.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I can see why they did this change, but at the same time, I dislike it. It is lazy design and is going to upset a lot of players (as obvious from this thread).

So basically all the recipes we discovered, we are going to lose them all now. All that gold and time we spent discovering all those recipes is being flushed down the drain. There is no compensation for all that gold or time we lost either.

They are taking away something we worked hard for, and then telling us to do it all over again without giving us any sort of compensation for everything they took away from us. So instead of adding new recipes for us to discover or learn, they take away all our hard work and tell us to do it again. Regardless of the fact that we just lost a lot of gold and time for nothing now.

Yeah I hate this change. Unless they are going to refund us the gold we spent discovering all those recipes because they took them away from us and are making us do them all over again, I’m not going to bother with crafting anymore. This is a horrible thing to do to your players. Make them spend a lot of gold and time discovering all these recipes, and then take it all away from them and tell them to do it over, without any compensation for all that gold and time they lost.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

Jeweler 400 here. I liked to discovery jeweler recipes. I did it because it was interesting and fun. I spend mats & gold also. OP is not alone. There are more players in game who like craft items. But now Arena just ruined this interest. I fear that this situation will repeat in relation with jeweler and other craft disciplines. I think that I will never again do craft in this game just for my soul. I dont care about “sweet XP bonus”, leave players their discoveried recipes.

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Maja.6372

Maja.6372

I actually only built two or three exotic weapons
so I wont loose much but I can really understand those guys who discovered many more or even all to get the complete list (why ever they would do that)
The need to rediscover those weapons now at a much higher gold price for the mats as in the past and the now much lower worth of the crafted items for more or less redundant exotic weapons is just a little bit too much if you wanted to get that complete list back
How much exp do we actually get for discovering a lvl 80 exotic and how much do we get for crafting a discovered one ?

(edited by Maja.6372)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.

Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Any recipe learned through an item will not be affected! Again, if you double-clicked an item to learn a recipe, that recipe unlock will NOT be reset. If you want to make something from one of the exotic recipes you had learned but it had been reset, simply put the ingredients into the discovery window and make it.

Ok so all the expensive recipes I purchases on the TP will be save. Ok I’m fine with this then.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

So basically all the recipes we discovered, we are going to lose them all now. All that gold and time we spent discovering all those recipes is being flushed down the drain. There is no compensation for all that gold or time we lost either.

Well no. THREE devs posted that you won’t lose weapon recipes learned from a recipe consumable (ie. a recipe you paid for). The discovered recipes cost the exact same amount of materials per make. So unless you’re really stingy about having to google the recipe and clicking the 4 pre-requisite materials for your Pearl Greatsword, there really is nothing to complain about.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

SpyderArachnid.5619

Well no. THREE devs posted that you won’t lose weapon recipes learned from a recipe consumable (ie. a recipe you paid for). The discovered recipes cost the exact same amount of materials per make. So unless you’re really stingy about having to google the recipe and clicking the 4 pre-requisite materials for your Pearl Greatsword, there really is nothing to complain about.

I already know that you won’t lose bought recipes. My post is talking about discovered recipes. And yes, they do cost the same amount of materials to make. I know that.

What you are not getting is that all that money we spent on materials, all those mats that we used up, all that time we spent discovering all those recipes, is going to be removed. We are losing all our gold, materials, and time spent for all those recipes we discovered.

And now Anet is telling us basically “oh well, do it again”. Meaning we have to spend all that gold again, all those materials again, and spend all that time again, re-discovering all those recipes all over again. And this is coming from our own pocket. Anet is not reimbursing us for all that gold, materials, and time they stole from us. They are making us spend all that gold, materials, and time all over again from our own wallet.

So yes, the complaints are valid. Anet just basically stole all our gold and materials that we spent discovering all those recipes and is giving us nothing in return and making us do it all again. Imagine if Anet took away all your gear you worked hard for and spent a ton of money on and left your character bare because they added a new feature to how to obtain gear. You’d be rather upset right? And their only response is “oh well, do it again” with no compensation for everything they took from you. That means you have to spend all the money and time gearing your character back up again with your own gold and time, because Anet didn’t reimburse you for something they took away from you.

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Why do we have to spend tons and tons of gold and basically waste it to craft exotics so we can just salvage them? Didn’t ANet say you wanted to steer away from this pointless crafting?

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Why do we have to spend tons and tons of gold and basically waste it to craft exotics so we can just salvage them? Didn’t ANet say you wanted to steer away from this pointless crafting?

Because Anet is to LAZY to do a proper job.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: jboegz.8371

jboegz.8371

I’m confused about the argument. There was never any requirement to discover exotics at the 400 level past making them for your character or selling them on the trading post or even tossing them into the mystic forge and hoping for the best. Every time I made a weapon I knew the materials and time and effort wasn’t lost, it was made into that weapon. Having the recipe listed after making a new one didn’t provide any satisfaction, it is just a handy way to remember what makes what (and come on, it’s not like it’s hard to figure out how each weapon is made). At 400, you knew that you weren’t getting anything besides the weapon so what does Anet really owe anyone? Look at how gaining levels in crafting works: You gain experience each time an object of proper level is made. This experience is increased if it is multiples of an object or if it is a new discovery. I have a variety of weapon recipes completed at the 400 level. I am actually happier that Anet is giving more experience for weapons I would already have made/can still make when the patch comes out. It makes the leveling faster and will save all of us players money in the long run.

Did some players really make items in the game they had no intention of trading/salvaging on the basis of a recipe entry in their crafting skill? That’s not a reward and it’s not something that’s being wrongfully taken away.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Does anyone really think that they are going to remove the ones that require a recipe? Come on, people. This is just a minor inconvenience at worst, and a way to level your weaponsmithing for everyone.

They stated they are removing all… so until told otherwise, we must assume they are screwing us over.

No they said they are reseting your DISCOVERIES.

A recipe is not a discovery, a discovery is where you combine a generic part A + part B + one of various inscriptions.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

OP should just get the xp retroactively and get to keep the discoveries. Who cares if people get to 500 faster.

Everyone should get it retroactively.

kitten straight! There are 2 player friendly options for boosting crafting levels to 500.

1. Award anyone with a discovered and crafted exotic recipe (not a purchased one that won’t reset) the experience as if they were made under the new system. Downside is that you will have people who hit 500 on day 1.

2. Award anyone with a discovered exotic recipe the Materials used to discover that recipe so they can rediscover it again and then reset the experience. This option will have little difference then someone who has deep pockets buying whatever they want to spam level to 500 on day 1.

Just resetting with no compensation of materials used or experience given is a punitive design.

On a side note this 1 day time gating stuff sucked in City of Heroes and it sucks here too. Excessive Time gating stinks.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Renny.6571

What you are not getting is that all that money we spent on materials, all those mats that we used up, all that time we spent discovering all those recipes, is going to be removed. We are losing all our gold, materials, and time spent for all those recipes we discovered.

No. The item produced is still yours, it doesn’t just disappear because you don’t have the recipe discovered anymore.

And now Anet is telling us basically “oh well, do it again”. Meaning we have to spend all that gold again, all those materials again, and spend all that time again, re-discovering all those recipes all over again. And this is coming from our own pocket.

ANet isn’t telling you to do anything again. If you don’t want to spend your materials and gold again, don’t. Your account won’t have lost value because you don’t want to rediscover a Condition Damage Longbow. And infact, they’re doing us a favour by giving us free crafting experience from discovery, meaning we don’t have to spend as much time and materials on getting to level 500.

Anet is not reimbursing us for all that gold, materials, and time they stole from us. They are making us spend all that gold, materials, and time all over again from our own wallet.

You’ve made the same argument three times in the same post. Arenanet didn’t steal gold and materials from you. You have your previously discovered weapons. Unless you sold/salvaged/ate/forged the weapon, in which case the product of that action is on you, it’s still there.

elite specs ruined pvp.

(edited by Renny.6571)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Alchemist.7523

Alchemist.7523

We all used expensive & bloody rare materials to make exotics, along with buying the recipes on tp or via karma.
We also had to often make more then one, just to try & get to 400 in crafting.

Now, all those recipes we have to rediscover. I want my wasted materials back!
This non grindy game is already the grindiest game I`ve ever played & they just keep making it worse.

Wasted materials? Did you not get a weapon at the end? Only thing you are upset is that the weapon won’t show up in your list of craft able stuff. Other than that it is a minor inconvenience !

¬ Brightest light casts darkest shadows¬

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

regardless of inscription, you still need the mats to craft again and discover the weapon . Something like sentinel is just silly in cost

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Renny.6571

regardless of inscription, you still need the mats to craft again and discover the weapon . Something like sentinel is just silly in cost

Regardless of what you think, the amount of materials used for discovery of a recipe and the recipe itself is the exact same. Unless you’re a completionist and you absolutely HAVE to have a full crafting UI, there’s really no reason to hate this incoming change. Infact, rejoice. ANet just saved you loads of time and money.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Any recipe learned through an item will not be affected! Again, if you double-clicked an item to learn a recipe, that recipe unlock will NOT be reset. If you want to make something from one of the exotic recipes you had learned but it had been reset, simply put the ingredients into the discovery window and make it.

If you guys go through with this change, you need to reimburse your players with a ton of gold or T6 crafting mats. No one enjoys having their hard work and progression wiped away at the whim of a game developer. This is a great example of how to turn loyal customers away from the game.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Overreaction akittens finest….heres a good way to look at it when you discovered berzerkers greatsword….it cost the ori hilt ori blade and the inscription of bezerker exotic thingy…..you still retain the exotic inscription….so instead of using this recipe to craft exotics as a means to level from 400-500 you use the exact same mats that net you the exact same item as a discovery again giving you more experience towards level 500. Theres literally no change except that you net more experience towards 500….

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

What about those of us that spent serious gold to unlock all the sentinel recipes? Do we get refunded those insignias/inscriptions so we can discover them again to refill our crafting tables? Or do we have to spend hundreds of gold (again)?

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: FurySong.6348

FurySong.6348

People don’t know how to read.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Renny.6571

What about those of us that spent serious gold to unlock all the sentinel recipes? Do we get refunded those insignias/inscriptions so we can discover them again to refill our crafting tables? Or do we have to spend hundreds of gold (again)?

As the devs have iterated THREE times

As has been pointed out by other posters: The recipes for inscriptions are not impacted by this, you have to rediscover the weapon and then get XP from it.

What Vince said. This will not affect any purchased recipes.

Any inscription recipes (ie. THESE) will NOT, I repeat, NOT be lost when the patch hits. This literally cannot be made any more clear.

elite specs ruined pvp.

(edited by Renny.6571)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Atrophied.8725

You can’t make sentinel inscriptions. Or did you not know that?

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Renny.6571

You can’t make sentinel inscriptions. Or did you not know that?

Then what is your question? Will you be required to purchase another Sentinel’s Inscription when you want another Sentinel’s weapon? Yes. Did you always need to buy one to make another Sentinel’s weapon, regardless if it was discovered or not? Yes.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Atrophied.8725

But I don’t want the weapons, I want my discoveries tab to remain completed.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Sykper.6583

Wait.

You didn’t address my main gripe, the gold/time wasted. You can see it for mf gear because it affects you too. I’d guess you have a tidy stock of materials in your bank, I don’t. I reached 400 in every crafting discipline so I sell my materials to make more gold. Now I either have to invest time to get those materials or gold to buy those materials to get a recipe I already know.

I fully understand their justifications but this change, just like the mf change, is stealing gold from my account pure and simple. Even if you don’t find it problematic for yourself you surely must see that this is more than just a reset of a recipe, it’s a flushing of the gold/time it took to unlock that recipe.

BTW love the dismissive attitude there, I don’t think I’ve treated anyone with an opposing viewpoint that way. Don’t worry though, as long as it’s done defending ArenaNet, no moderator action will be taken.

So… you are part of that completionist group I mentioned before. The only real ones getting shafted by the change.

There is no one else other than those people that loses out from this change. The materials spent prior after discovery or even FOR discovery purposes were used for an intent to either level the crafting or level the profession. Perhaps that first item was one of many to be sold or consumed, the fact is the materials put towards it were not wasted in the slightest. Only some sort of completionist pride is hurt, but here is the thing you seem to be overlooking.

If it was not done this way, completionists would be the most hurt by the discipline changes to 500 since they would lose out on discovery experience towards leveling the crafting.

It would take you LONGER to max out things, cost MORE materials to level and thusly MORE gold! Fancy that, the whole time/gold argument would be entirely shifted on its head if they did NOTHING!

Not to mention completionists would NEED to level their discipline again to get to 500 to gain the recipes at that level.

This change is good for everyone. If you cannot see this then I am sorry to hear that, the rest of us are thankful for it.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Renny.6571

But I don’t want the weapons, I want my discoveries tab to remain completed.

Then you’re in for the long haul buddy. Have fun crafting every ascended weapon of every stat combo.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Sykper.6583

With the concern to Sentinel inscriptions, I actually looked into it.

That…is probably the biggest issue. I can only hope that when you can salvage exotics for recipes you can get the recipe for it.

That is likely the most valid claim, but everything else is arbitrary.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can easily craft stuff today that will cost me a significant premium to learn next week. I understand why ANet decided to go this route and I don’t actually think it’s “lazy” or “poor design”, but that doesn’t mean I think this was a good thing to impose upon players.

For the next set of ascended gear (Armorsmith, Leatherworker, Tailor, and maybe Chef), I hope ANet learns two things:

1. Make sure there are enough new recipes to allow players to level up crafting ranks through discovery.
  2. Give players the choice about whether to reset discoveries (and therefore gain the opportunity for easier crafting XP) or to retain the learned recipes (and thus lose out on the easier leveling opportunity).

I leveled my crafts to 400 very early in the game. At the time, T6 mats were cheap relative to the gold supply, because very few people were able to make use of exotics. Now, T6 mats are much more expensive: nearly all veteran players use exotics, the mats are required for various perks, and the introduction of the new system has ratcheted up prices due to panic-mode buying and other types of speculation.

And yes, there ought to be an exception for resetting sentinel’s recipes, since the supply of inscriptions is arbitrarily limited.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Exotic Discovery's Reset

SpyderArachnid.5619

-snip-

/sigh. You still aren’t getting it, and I’m tired of explaining it. So one last time and I’m done.

As a completionist, those recipes mean a lot to us. We spent more gold and mats than we got in return for all those recipes we discovered. We took the time and learned all of those recipes to have the full set in our crafting panel. It didn’t come cheap and it was a lot of work to get all those recipes.

Whether we salvaged or sold the item we made, we didn’t even make a 10th of what the cost was to make them in the first place. So yes, when Anet takes away all those recipes we worked hard for, we are still losing money and materials and time spent. And we will lose more money having to relearn all those recipes again. We will not gain more money in the long run. We are going to lose more money than we already lost to begin with.

And Anet doesn’t care. If they did care, they would of took the time to make new recipes instead of resetting all our recipes and making us do it again. Or they would retroactively reward us the experience for all the recipes we already learned. Why not? They already did that with achievements. And some will say “But it will be unfair if you have 500 crafting instantly”. You do realize people are going to get 500 crafting within the first hour or two when this content goes live right? Rewarding players retroactively won’t change that.

In the end, we are losing more money, not gaining. And Anet is doing nothing to reimburse us for all the money, materials, and time we spent already discovering all those recipes. They are screwing over the completionist players with this change. Those who already spent the money, mats, and time to learn all those recipes are going to have to spend even more money, mats, and time to learn everything all over again because Anet is too lazy to make new recipes, so they are making us do everything over again.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Stupid question… Why can’t they just give us the experience towards 500 for the recipes we have already unlocked? The materials we already spent on unlocking those recipes will NOT need to be respent. That’s the worst part of leveling your crafting is creating things you don’t need just to level up.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Renny.6571

As a completionist,

This discussion could’ve been completely avoided if you opened with this in your first response. ;_;

I can empathise with the completionists about the loss of the discovered recipes. You’re really the only people who are shafted by the update, and unfortunately I doubt ANet considers you a large enough portion of their playerbase to go through the extra effort of retroactively awarding bonus crafting exp when it’s much easier to just leave it to the players to do themselves.

elite specs ruined pvp.

(edited by Renny.6571)

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: jagabs.5086

jagabs.5086

Anet should know better that it’s not simply trying to combine ingredients and discover the items again. It requires us to spend gold (again!) for all those specific materials needed to craft an item. Have Anet seen the inflation of these crafting materials recently? It’s enough reason to complain about.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Num Nutzo.9056

Num Nutzo.9056

Alot of you are not getting what most of have been talking about so lets get this straight.
When We say recipes we are losing WE ARE NOT talking about what the devs posted about. WE know the recipes for incriptions will not be reset. What your not getting is. We have already combined Inscription + Part 1 + Part 2 and discovered for them all for all the inscriptions. And to give even more Sence of what ArenaNet is ripping from us. Heres the example count of Mats and need to get back to what we was previously at for huntsman that they will stealing from us.

Huntsman
9 Incriptions types have to crafted again.
5 dowels x 9 inscriptions x 7 weapons = 315 dowels needed again
5 × 9 × 7 = 315 Ectos
5 × 7 for each teir 6 mat = 35 fangs , powerfulboods, etc
10 × 7 Flawless Snowflakes = 70 Snowflakes
30 × 7 Karka Shells = 210 Shells

Dowels
315 × 3 ingots = 945 ori ingots
315 × 2 planks = 630 Anceint planks

Craft Comp. 10 Inscriptions need this 11 if you crafted celes
Harpoon| 2 ingots 2 planks x 10 Inscriptions = 20 ingots 20 planks
Longow Stave | 4 planks x 10 = 40 planks
Pistol Frame | 2 planks x 10 = 20 planks
Rifle Stock | 3 planks x 2(2 weapons Require this Comp) x 10 = 60 planks
Shortbow Stave | 4 planks x 10 = 40 planks
Torch handle | 2 × 10 = 20 planks
Harden String | 3 × 2(2 weapons Require) x 10 = 60 Cured Hardened Leather Squares
Ori Horn | 1 ingot 2 planks x 10 = 10 ingots 20 planks
Ori Pistal Barrel | 3 ingots x 10 = 30 ingots
Ori Rifle Barrel | 3 ingots x 10 = 30 ingots
Ori Torch Head | 2 ingots x 10 = 20 ingots
Ori Warhorn Mouthpeice | 1 ingot x 10 ingots

Replacement of the 7 Sentinels Inscriptions I used already from the Molten Dungeon
7 × 14g(yesterday they where 18g wth) = 98-99g and There is only 208 left on the Tradepost

Totals for huntsman (forgive me if my maths wrong this news has me very upset)
1065 ingots x 2 ore = 2130 ore
850 planks x 3 logs = 2550 logs
100g for sentinals inscriptions
315 ectos
70 snowflakes
210 karka shells
35 of each teir 6 mat (Powerfull bloods, Ancient Bones,Elaborate Totem, Vicious Claw,Armored Scale,Powerfull Venom Sacs,,Vicious Fangs)

This Is what they will be ripping from my Huntsmans Crafting The time it took to gather the mats and buy any mats i still needed. mostly ectos and ori. The time spent on getting the Sentinals Incriptions in Molten Dungeon.

My weaponsmith I got done the same way before the Chaos update. Should I elaborate those totals too? Weaponsmith has 8 weapons instead of 7 so it be even more cost.

You few that can see there reason for a reset what reason is that? The new stuff being added is time based so regardless of if im 500 now or not makes no impact. Secondly you really think after the reset the rich isn’t going to climb there way to the top to do ascended crafting on the very first day of the patch release?
“But Hey I’ve already done all this and now i have to do all over again” This is what i worked hard for pretty much this first Year of Guild wars 2 to do, Since I first started crafting. and now they making me spend the next year DOING IT AGAIN. I can only see the reset as hurting everyone not helping and I see no other reason not to see it this way.

Call me crying or what ever you want. but this is a huge kick in the gut for me. Something i may end up never recovering from its what i worked hard from the very day i crafted to do Is to unlock the all items on the discovery page that was my thrill, My accomplishment in crafting not the xp gain or the level up but to discover everything. And now saying I’m gonna have to do that all over again after allowing me from headstart to do in the firstplace WTF.

And don’t forget its not just 2 of my professions that are being reset. If there going to reset all the exotic weapons What do you think going to happen when they roll out ascended armor my other 2 craft professions will get hit too Even worse for the ones that has this done for all the professions Something of which I was still working to do. this might no big deal to the ones that stopped @ 400 but this is a game killer for the ones that went past it and unlocked everything. The way i feel right now is Arenanet is reaching into my chest and pulling out my Heart with this reset. Its not a great feeling to have.
So please Arenanet don’t reset the exotic discovery’s give some sorta of retroactive reward for the exp thru discovering them all(or some of them) already instead.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The reason they are removing the recipies from the known list is so players can earn experience from crafting again.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Num Nutzo.9056

Num Nutzo.9056

The reason they are removing the recipies from the known list is so players can earn experience from crafting again.

yes but they can easily retroactivly give the exp instead Like they gave us the rewards on achievements and such so that reason is not a reason to reset.

How would you like it if they reset our acheivements points oh we didn’t give you rewards now you have to do them all over again to get them

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

We all used expensive & bloody rare materials to make exotics, along with buying the recipes on tp or via karma.
We also had to often make more then one, just to try & get to 400 in crafting.

You didn’t make any exotics to try and get to 400 in crafting. You can only start making them at lvl400….

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

So wait, the problem here seems to be everyone likes to have a full list of every exotic craftable in their little tab? You’re complaining because of your Uber-OCD? Sounds like your problem. You can still craft them in the discovery tab, so all this really does is not make them show up.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Atrophied.8725

Sure, provide me the sentinel insigs/inscrips and I’ll combine them again and send you the resulting armor weapons. Thanks.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

IF you were lucky enough to get a Sentinel recipie, you will still have it. If, like me, you bought your inscriptions on the TP from someone kind enough to list them for sale and then crafted your Sentinel’s armor & weapon set, well…. you don’t get to get the crafting XP you’d have earned had you waited to craft that set. And I bought my inscriptions for 1g 90s each; a quick check shows them listed now for 29g 99s. Guess my Azurite gems might be worth a bit more now.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Atrophied.8725

Sentinel recipes never dropped. They don’t exist. The only way to get sentinel insigs/inscrips was from molten facility end chests. They have never been craftable.

Exotic Discovery's Reset

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

So wait, the problem here seems to be everyone likes to have a full list of every exotic craftable in their little tab? You’re complaining because of your Uber-OCD? Sounds like your problem. You can still craft them in the discovery tab, so all this really does is not make them show up.

No, we are complaining because it cost us a Metrica ton of gold to discover those recipes (more gold than the exotics were worth) and now we have to spend even more gold (because inflation sucks) to relearn them.