Master of Secrets World 2 FIXED

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Brosephski.8206

Brosephski.8206

The achievement requires you to bomb a wall in Z2-3 located inside the hidden cave on the second platform guarded by bananas after all the push block puzzles to activate the teleporters. It’s the cave that requires you to quickly press W or otherwise move forward in order to land on a platform and to avoid falling down to the first shop of the zone. The problem is it seems impossible for me to do exactly that, as I have suicided about 100 times already and I am not even close to landing on the platform. I have tried different methods of gaining the forward movement, but all failed. Comparing what I see on my screen with a video guide it seems the player in the guide spawns significantly higher up than I do, whenever I enter the cave. I have tried reducing the resolution, the graphical settings and even toggling the interface in order to accelerate the VERY brief loading hidden in fade-out fade-in animation, but to no avail.

In the comments of the video guide it seems other people have similar issues ever since the new patch went online, so I want to ask if anyone here has the same problem, if anyone has a possible solution or if this is just an issue very few players experience. I was so glad Master of Baubles Word 2 finally got fixed and was looking forward to getting the last few achievements of SAB, so not being able to do it due to such a weird problem is somewhat disappointing.

Posted by: JumpyMonkey.1895

JumpyMonkey.1895

There is a different and much easier way to get to that secret: after you arrive at the top from the teleporter, you can go to the left (I can’t verify currently but you may have to jump up one platform first) and fall down the hole between the two platforms and you should land right near one of the yellow baubles.

(edited by JumpyMonkey.1895)

Posted by: Doomhorse.1367

Doomhorse.1367

I’ve been having the same problem which is a bit annoying. I’ll have to check out JumpyMonkeys suggestion, if I can find out where he is referring to.

Brosephski.8206

And now I feel really stupid.
Thanks a lot for that extremely fast and helpful answer! Works like a charm.
I will try to change the topic name so other people with this problem can easily find your answer.
Edit: The alternate way does not work if you want to get it to count for Master of Secrets.

(edited by Brosephski.8206)

JumpyMonkey.1895

I’ve been having the same problem which is a bit annoying. I’ll have to check out JumpyMonkeys suggestion, if I can find out where he is referring to.

Ok here I found the spot in one of Dulfy’s screenshots. It’s the hole just down and to the left of her in this screenshot. So yeah, looks like you need to first jump up on that platform to the left of where you teleport in at the top and then drop down.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gw2-master-of-secrets-world-2-achievement-guide-20.jpg

Doomhorse.1367

Ahhh ok thanks very much I’ll check it out now!

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

I found the place to drop but this looks nothing like the pillar that peopel used to be able to land on. I fell a few levels exploring and found the secret room 3 or so where the purse can be bought but not the one from the falling pillar.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

Brosephski.8206

The alternate way works if you just want to collect all the baubles, but it seems since you don’t actually enter the room through the bombable secret entrance it doesn’t count for the Master of Secrets achievement.
Still looking for some kind of way to get up to the other side of the bombable wall or to bomb it from down below and somehow jump close enough to it for it to count or something like that…
And here I thought things would be easy for once.

(edited by Brosephski.8206)

JumpyMonkey.1895

The alternate way works if you just want to collect all the baubles, but it seems since you don’t actually enter the room through the bombable secret entrance it doesn’t count for the Master of Secrets achievement.
Still looking for some kind of way to get up to the other side of the bombable wall or to bomb it from down below and somehow jump close enough to it for it to count or something like that…

Well, I can’t actually get in game currently to verify but I thought you could still get over to that bomb spot from where I said to drop in. If this is not resolved by the time I get home from work I will check on it and let you know.

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

Why did they “fix it” Now this is impossible.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

Posted by: Tasslehoff.5738

Tasslehoff.5738

impossible trying like 100 times no chance reach that pillar. They fixed one thing and broken another.

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

Next

We’re looking in to this.

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

Well, I can’t actually get in game currently to verify but I thought you could still get over to that bomb spot from where I said to drop in. If this is not resolved by the time I get home from work I will check on it and let you know.

I’ve gotten to this area where the yellow bauble is and it appears there is no way to get up to where the hole in the wall should be, I’ve been jumping around there almost an hour with no success. I seems to me that Dulfy went the wrong way through the door in the video and maybe the devs thought the same thing, which is why it was changed.

I attached a pic of where i think the bombable door is, if I’m wrong someone please tell me. Also note at the bottom of this chasm is a yellow bauble, a banana, and a portal to the next checkpoint

Edit: Forums not letting me upload pic here is link:http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5703/xlpb.jpg

Attachments:

(edited by Linc.6834)

JumpyMonkey.1895

I’ve gotten to this area where the yellow bauble is and it appears there is no way to get up to where the hole in the wall should be, I’ve been jumping around there almost an hour with no success. I seems to me that Dulfy went the wrong way through the door in the video and maybe the devs thought the same thing, which is why it was changed.

I attached a pic of where i think the bombable door is, if I’m wrong someone please tell me. Also note at the bottom of this chasm is a yellow bauble, a banana, and a portal to the next checkpoint

Edit: Forums not letting me upload pic here is link:http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5703/xlpb.jpg

Ok yeah I always found these secrets to be strange. I did actually find the way Dulfy shows first when I ran it the first time and thought it was weird that I found that easy way to drop in to the other room later. I wasn’t sure if you needed to go in from the other side for it to count. Looks like the devs are on it, hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Well for that secret room I didn’t actually find a way to get on that top ledge from the other side. Only way I got to it was via the bombing. Going into that room via the way you guys described doesn’t count for the hidden room achievement, it only counted if you can somehow get on top of that ledge.

JumpyMonkey.1895

Well for that secret room I didn’t actually find a way to get on that top ledge from the other side. Only way I got to it was via the bombing. Going into that room via the way you guys described doesn’t count for the hidden room achievement, it only counted if you can somehow get on top of that ledge.

Yeah I didn’t realize that when I told them the other way. I had the secret already found from the bombing way so I wasn’t sure if it would count when you dropped in from the other way.

Posted by: Tasslehoff.5738

Tasslehoff.5738

i was from the orther side but didn’t count for me

JumpyMonkey.1895

I found out you could at least bomb open that spot from the other side if you stand at this spot in my screenshot and do a jump bomb. Anyone want to test to see if that counts?

http://imgur.com/OBqbFWG

Brosephski.8206

I tested it, but sadly it didn’t count for me.

Doomhorse.1367

It wouldn’t count, to get a secret room you actually have to go into it

Posted by: Atomo.4723

Atomo.4723

I have the same problem. Landing on that pillar is impossible (for me at least).
In both videos I saw people landing on that pillar, their character somehow “stuck” in mid air when they enter that area.
My character drops like an anchor, straight down.

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Same issue here to me and a friend.

Previous

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

Next

Okey-dokey, Super Adventurers. We’ve identified the problem thanks to your reports.

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

Can I currently get Master of Baubles at world 2 achievement still?

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

(edited by Timze.7980)

Previous

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

You should be able to get that achievement.

Posted by: Adminir.8140

Adminir.8140

Okey-dokey, Super Adventurers. We’ve identified the problem thanks to your reports.

Does this mean that it is currently fixed or that it will be fixed within the near future?

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

You should be able to get that achievement.

Comfirmed

Posted by: Burstmon.1935

Burstmon.1935

Does that mean it will get fixed? It’s the last room that I need for both achievments “Master of Secrets” and "Major in Achievement ", so I would be most grateful if it get fixed.

Brosephski.8206

The problem was fixed, you now land on the pillar by default. Thank you very much for the quick response and fix by the devs!