PSA: Trib is fine, you knew it would be hard

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Everyone who critiques tribulation mode seems to forget the immense amount of warnings from the devs, about how not only was it hard, but it was insanely hard, and unfair. A lot of the comments complaining about the difficulty acted as if they thought it would be an explore version of the regular zones, which isn’t true at all.

Im only halfway through World 1, and I think its done rather nicely, because there are some very psychological aspects to it. The main being that the devs who made it seem to be one step ahead of you at times. In other words, whenever I recognize the spikes that lay ahead of me, and I try to avoid them by going to the right, the devs have already recognized that train of thought and put another obstacle in that way.

The mode is obviously more than spike traps. For instance, with the jumping boulders, there are a lot of times where those obstacles require to to complete the jump within a very small window along with very good precision. Like in World 1 Zone 2 after the first part of the zone, there is one jump in particular that took me about 50 trials because you have to stand on a small rock, jump forward onto a boulder, then immediately dodge jump forward while turning left at the same time to get to leaf across from you. Along with the fact that monkeys may be trying to hit you at the same time.

There are plenty of situations I have seen like that which test your jumping skill ability, but also your mental strength. Anyone who played old Nintendo games will remember that repetition and rage are very common but also implemented because of the mental strength required by the players. I think too many people are mistaking this for bad game design because they arn’t used to this level of difficulty.

Its obviously not for casual players, so if you only have an hour a day to play, then its not for you. Anyone who goes through without an online guide(youtube) will sure be in for hell, because it can easily take hours.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Yeah well, when they talked about Tribulation mode, I didn’t expect to find a mode where I’d be killed by random stuff every 10s and forced to exit the instance every two deaths and go back from the start, losing all the checkpoint progress, waiting for two loading screens, waiting for the vote to select TM difficulty etc…

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Continue Coins… Just saying.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Yeah well, when they talked about Tribulation mode, I didn’t expect to find a mode where I’d be killed by random stuff every 10s and forced to exit the instance every two deaths and go back from the start, losing all the checkpoint progress, waiting for two loading screens, waiting for the vote to select TM difficulty etc…

Then farm continue coins so you have 5 lives, and learn what’s killing you.

There is nothing random about the things that kill you in Tribulation mode. If you are incapable of learning what’s killing you and are unable to adapt to the source of death, then Tribulation mode is likely not for you.

stof.9341

Continue coins are for the weak. Also, I’m pretty sure was promised I wouldn’t have to grind to enjoy the game somewhere.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Continue coins are for the weak. Also, I’m pretty sure was promised I wouldn’t have to grind to enjoy the game somewhere.

So they’re also mailing you a full set of legendaries and 3000 wvw ranks?

Ursan.7846

The whole point of Tribulation mode is that the players derive enjoyment from the challenge itself. And part of the challenge, as Josh Foreman said on this forum, was to farm up resources in preparation to tackle the challenge.

stof.9341

So they’re also mailing you a full set of legendaries and 3000 wvw ranks?

I don’t see the point. There’s this game called GW2, it just added new content because that’s what we want in a MMO nowadays, new content to enjoy. Except that this new content is hardly enjoyable unless I buy a cash shop item.

I can do the other content without a legendary (they are all ugly anyway). I can do WvW without 3000 ranks too even if a couple upgrades are borderline.

The whole point of Tribulation mode is that the players derive enjoyment from the challenge itself. And part of the challenge, as Josh Foreman said on this forum, was to farm up resources in preparation to tackle the challenge.

They should include a disclaimer on the Infinite Continue Coin : warning, buying this item will deprive you of part of the enjoyment of the SAB tribulation mode by removing the need to grind continues before you tackle it.

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

If you want to have fun, the Infinite Continue Coin is the price of entry.

It’s not grinding when you pay gems for an item that makes lives meaningless.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If you’re good enough, you don’t have to grind for Continue Coins, because you wouldn’t need them.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Ursan.7846

They should include a disclaimer on the Infinite Continue Coin : warning, buying this item will deprive you of part of the enjoyment of the SAB tribulation mode by removing the need to grind continues before you tackle it.

It’s there as an option for people who don’t enjoy it, and wish to pay to skip this portion.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I would buy the infinite coin with you. Grind gold if you need to. Because I don’t see anyone doing this by simply continue coins. If they do, they are the most pro player and I have respect. Ive probably had +200 deaths now. I was almost done with zone 2, and then I dced and have to restart all over again. Im pretty kitten ed but oh well. It may be more fun if I bring a friend along.

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

If you’re good enough, you don’t have to grind for Continue Coins, because you wouldn’t need them.

So, where’s that vid of you getting through trib mode without ever dying? I mean, apparently you’re so good you don’t need them right?