Please, PLEASE bring back the first backpack.

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

I was very disappointed today, to find that I can’t get the backpack from the original SAB. I had no interest in any of the other skins the first time around. But that backpack was PERFECT for my asura character.

However, I didn’t have time to complete SAB, due to the fact that it was overlapped with another living story, and I did not have time to complete both, due to work and home life.

Since I knew SAB was returning, I saved ALL my accumulated baubles and continue coins for this day…

Only to discover that the thing I wanted all along is NOT available.

I understand that you wanted the backpack to be “special” to those who participated in the first one, but what about people like me, who participated, but couldn’t log the hours to get those 20 bubble baubles? (I got 9.)

The new green/yellow one will not suffice. It will look completely wrong for my character’s colour scheme.

What point is there in depriving your players the chance to get the things they want for their characters, through no fault of their own?

Think about this. Please.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Not just the backpack, please bring back all of the skins from the previous release. It makes no sense whatsoever to release a bunch of new skins for the other weapons and then leave out the previous ones. And the green and yellow skins don’t look as good as the regular blue ones at all.

Posted by: Slushey.8236

Slushey.8236

I was very disappointed today, to find that I can’t get the backpack from the original SAB. I had no interest in any of the other skins the first time around. But that backpack was PERFECT for my asura character.

However, I didn’t have time to complete SAB, due to the fact that it was overlapped with another living story, and I did not have time to complete both, due to work and home life.

Since I knew SAB was returning, I saved ALL my accumulated baubles and continue coins for this day…

Only to discover that the thing I wanted all along is NOT available.

I understand that you wanted the backpack to be “special” to those who participated in the first one, but what about people like me, who participated, but couldn’t log the hours to get those 20 bubble baubles? (I got 9.)

The new green/yellow one will not suffice. It will look completely wrong for my character’s colour scheme.

What point is there in depriving your players the chance to get the things they want for their characters, through no fault of their own?

Think about this. Please.

It was 25 Bauble Bubbles last time for the backpack. Assuming you did each map available once per day, you earned 7 Bubbles (plus enough Baubles probably to make. But lets continue to assume 7. This should have taken no more than 20 – 30 minutes. If you ran it on two characters per day, you would have made at least 14 (possibly 16 assuming you gathered enough Baubles). But again, lets continue to assume 14 per day on two characters. Hell, let’s just assume you did 1 character per day in 20 – 30 minutes and got only 7 Bubbles. Do it for 4 days in a row and you would have had 28 Bauble Bubbles. You had not only 4 days, you had WEEKS, to collect the Bubbles. People put time and effort into earning the backpiece. It’s now a rare item that couldn’t just be bought with gold. If you didn’t have 20 – 30 minutes each afternoon for at least 4 days, I’m dearly sorry that you missed it. But people like me earned that backpiece and bringing it back just ruins the aesthetic of it. Nothing in this game is guaranteed to come back, get it while it’s here.

…………………..

Not just the backpack, please bring back all of the skins from the previous release. It makes no sense whatsoever to release a bunch of new skins for the other weapons and then leave out the previous ones. And the green and yellow skins don’t look as good as the regular blue ones at all.

You can buy the old skins on the Trading Post still. Although they cost quite a few golds, they are still relatively cheap compared to other holiday skins.

Grand Duke Slushey of the Knîghtmare Court
Blackgate | Knîghtmare [KnM] | Knights of the Temple [KnT] | Attuned [Att]

Posted by: Bob.1039

Bob.1039

l was also looking forward to buying the blue SAB backpack skin because it is an account bound skin and no one can sell them on the TP.

Sadly, it is unavailable this time round. l have all the blue SAB skins for my char except the backpack and I would like to complete the whole blue SAB look. l wonder if the blue backpack would return in the next or even the next next SAB patch…

Posted by: Jack Pumpkinhead.1534

Jack Pumpkinhead.1534

I keep hoping they bring it back. Guess it’s just a matter of how many complaints they get about it and they’ll bring it back. Seems like that’s how things work.

BatsLoveCaves.5768

It was 25 Bauble Bubbles last time for the backpack. Assuming you did each map available once per day, you earned 7 Bubbles (plus enough Baubles probably to make. But lets continue to assume 7. This should have taken no more than 20 – 30 minutes. If you ran it on two characters per day, you would have made at least 14 (possibly 16 assuming you gathered enough Baubles). But again, lets continue to assume 14 per day on two characters. Hell, let’s just assume you did 1 character per day in 20 – 30 minutes and got only 7 Bubbles. Do it for 4 days in a row and you would have had 28 Bauble Bubbles. You had not only 4 days, you had WEEKS, to collect the Bubbles. People put time and effort into earning the backpiece. It’s now a rare item that couldn’t just be bought with gold. If you didn’t have 20 – 30 minutes each afternoon for at least 4 days, I’m dearly sorry that you missed it. But people like me earned that backpiece and bringing it back just ruins the aesthetic of it. Nothing in this game is guaranteed to come back, get it while it’s here.

What if I couldn’t spare four days, on top of the other days required to finish all the other overlapping Living Story content at the time? What if I went on vacation? What if I work 60 hours a week?

You seem to be saying that if other people earned the backpack now, it would somehow invalidate the work you put into getting it. This makes no sense to me at all. Look at it this way. As time goes on, more people will have Legendary weapons – Does that mean that the people who crafted a Legendary 6 months after release are somehow invalidated by the people who crafted one a year after release? Of course not. Those players are just getting the rewards they want – on a schedule that suits them.

I just find it ridiculous that Arenanet would decide to bring back old content (i.e., the original SAB worlds and achievements) but not bring back the associated rewards. It is extremely frustrating to gamers with tight schedules like myself.

Posted by: Slushey.8236

Slushey.8236

What if I couldn’t spare four days, on top of the other days required to finish all the other overlapping Living Story content at the time? What if I went on vacation? What if I work 60 hours a week?

You seem to be saying that if other people earned the backpack now, it would somehow invalidate the work you put into getting it. This makes no sense to me at all. Look at it this way. As time goes on, more people will have Legendary weapons – Does that mean that the people who crafted a Legendary 6 months after release are somehow invalidated by the people who crafted one a year after release? Of course not. Those players are just getting the rewards they want – on a schedule that suits them.

I just find it ridiculous that Arenanet would decide to bring back old content (i.e., the original SAB worlds and achievements) but not bring back the associated rewards. It is extremely frustrating to gamers with tight schedules like myself.

There was 4 weeks to work on it (April 1st – April 30th). If you couldn’t put aside 20 – 30 minutes during 4 days of them 4 weeks then I’m dearly sorry, but what’s the point of having exclusive items if they just keep coming back?

Grand Duke Slushey of the Knîghtmare Court
Blackgate | Knîghtmare [KnM] | Knights of the Temple [KnT] | Attuned [Att]

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

There was 4 weeks to work on it (April 1st – April 30th). If you couldn’t put aside 20 – 30 minutes during 4 days of them 4 weeks then I’m dearly sorry, but what’s the point of having exclusive items if they just keep coming back?

I got my skins last time SAB was here, so I don’t personally care if they come back or not.
But why do you think that they should be time-exclusive? IMO, they should be exclusive as in SAB only, not first-time-SAB-was-around-only-exclusive. My SAB staff and gs won’t be any less shiney nor less pretty if everyone got them this time.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Banatine.3691

Banatine.3691

I want the blue backpack as well, just because neither green nor yellow fit the colour scheme of any of my characters, whereas blue fits almost all of them. And as a result i have no desire to go back into the box. So, in exchange for letting the old players remain ‘part of the club’ they alienate a bunch of people who will either flat out ignore the content, or simply not buy the infinite coin (which is the only part that anet really care about)

Exclusivity breeds elitism, and we REALLY don’t need any more of that around here. i own plenty of ‘exclusive’ items in real life, but i certainly would begrudge other people for getting them as well.

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Exclusivity breeds elitism, and we REALLY don’t need any more of that around here. i own plenty of ‘exclusive’ items in real life, but i certainly would begrudge other people for getting them as well.

I agree completely…

The current model of temporary content just excludes players – who through no fault of their own – may be left out.

I essentially paid for a game that continually dangles a carrot in front of my face and never allows me to get it.

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

Maybe I’m just used to limited items from site Gaia, but what I find silly is that originally they had only released half a set. Each set should represent which time it came around, I’m not miffed about that at all. It’s a status thing and it should stay that way for all “holiday” items.

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

What’s the point of having exclusive items at all?

Nilkemia.8507

I’m dearly sorry that you missed it. But people like me earned that backpiece and bringing it back just ruins the aesthetic of it. Nothing in this game is guaranteed to come back, get it while it’s here.

No, you’re not sorry. No, bringing it back would not “ruin the aesthetic” of it. (those ugly green and yellow skins arguably did that already) By that logic all the Fused and Sclerite weapons had their aesthetics ruined by the Trade Post, as well as all legendary weapons.

Speaking of the Trade Post, yes, I’m aware that all the old skins (minus the backpack) are available on the Trade Post. Guess what? That’s no valid excuse for leaving the old skins out on this release. Sadly, thanks to the account bound time gated bubble chests, it might actually be easier to get them that way, but the old skins should still be back nonetheless.

Oh, and before I’m accused of acting entitled or something, I’ll point out now that I already earned the backpack as well as the other old skins that I wanted. I still think they should be back regardless.

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

LOL at “earning” it. It only cost 25 Bauble Bubbles which could be farmed in an hour at most back in April. I would know because I bought 2 of them, one for PVE and one for PVP skin You people not wanting it to come back are being ridiculous.

New players should be allowed to buy it. Make this happen, ArenaNet.

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Oh, and before I’m accused of acting entitled or something, I’ll point out now that I already earned the backpack as well as the other old skins that I wanted. I still think they should be back regardless.

Thank you. <3

Nilkemia.8507

No problem. It makes no sense to me for them not to return, and the only people who have any reason to whine about them coming back are the those who held on to the skins to put them on the Trade Post and inflate the price. And even that’s not a valid reason, there are plenty of ways to make gold.