What about transmuted Legendarys

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

So.. what about transmuted legendarys?

Ive transmuted mine , because (lets be honest) PVT stats are pure garbage for PVE, or for a full zerk static discharge engineer, which i am. I dont want to farm months for a Weapon which gives me a lack in my effectiveness(
I have the Predator , and also that Sigil is just bad compared to sigil of energy which i use (which is so awesome,I can not play with anything else).

So will the “Legendary” finally be destroyed because of that (cause maybe i will not be able to change the stats out of fight) or will it completely be a Legendary again and updated to the new stat lvl or something?

I rly hope for a Devs answer, and i also hope you gave Egineers a glow during wearing a kit, since you change few Legendarys

Blùb [LuPi]

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

alright i just saw another thread, sry for creating a new one :d

But there is no official answer , so maybe you can bring some clearity

Blùb [LuPi]

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

They arent legendary anymore, just a combination of exotic+legendary that created new weapon.

I will feel cheated if for w/e reason they get any boost/returned to previous status

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Do people here not have a shred of common sense and logical reasoning? If it’s purple, it’s legendary. Crafting it took an ungodly amount of time and effort (or money), and nothing’s gonna change that.
Anyone who says otherwise is nothing but the proud owner of a sore bottom. and I’m only adding this remark because of that post above mine.

Sorry about the harsh words, OP, but I believe this should be good news to you.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

They arent legendary anymore, just a combination of exotic+legendary that created new weapon.

I will feel cheated if for w/e reason they get any boost/returned to previous status

Transmutation is Anet’s own broken system. It’s a game mechanic they introduced for us to use, and it’s not a player’s fault that this busted kitten system quite literally BREAKS best in slot, end game weapons. This stat swapping functionality should have been in place from the very beginning.

None of my legendaries are transmuted because I didn’t want to risk it, but I don’t blame people who did transmute them. Sorry, but your of view seems insanely vindictive, petty, and spiteful. Your reward for waiting patiently will be getting the upgrade immediately and without having to jump through hoops to get what is rightfully yours, and transmuters will have to do whatever Anet comes up with to fix their broken legendary. Anyone who put in the effort to make a legendary deserves this upgrade. Period.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

So.. what about transmuted legendarys?

Ive transmuted mine , because (lets be honest) PVT stats are pure garbage for PVE, or for a full zerk static discharge engineer, which i am. I dont want to farm months for a Weapon which gives me a lack in my effectiveness(
I have the Predator , and also that Sigil is just bad compared to sigil of energy which i use (which is so awesome,I can not play with anything else).

So will the “Legendary” finally be destroyed because of that (cause maybe i will not be able to change the stats out of fight) or will it completely be a Legendary again and updated to the new stat lvl or something?

I rly hope for a Devs answer, and i also hope you gave Egineers a glow during wearing a kit, since you change few Legendarys

Well, its sad to say, but you havent legendarie. After transmutation, you lost it. Now you have exotic item with legendarie skin. And its not even ‘exotic’. Its “transmuted”.
I’m almost sure that transmuted legendaries will not get buff. Wait for the patch, and eventually send ticket to ANet with this situation.

(edited by Luigi.1584)

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I am not sure what everyone is crying about?
I have 5 legendaries, each of which is transmuted and they all still retained their legendary status.
So there is no doubt in my mind that they will get their Ascended stats soon as the update goes live.

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

please use search functions to not make posts about the same things.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/sab-bts/Legendary-Weapons-Update/first#post2717355

also, this happens when you drag your transmuted legendary (even though its purple in my inventory) to pre-destroy it, it becomes an exotic for destruction purposes…

Attachments:

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

(edited by Assassin X.8573)

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

please use search functions to not make posts about the same things.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/sab-bts/Legendary-Weapons-Update/first#post2717355

also, this happens when you drag your transmuted legendary (even though its purple in my inventory) to pre-destroy it, it becomes an exotic for destruction purposes…

While your point stands, do you seriously believe Anet would leave it like that? They may have made some mistakes in the past and I’m certain they will continue to do so in the future, from time to time, but they aren’t that short-sighted.

Posted by: Caliga Meshima.4768

Caliga Meshima.4768

I have 5 legendaries, each of which is transmuted and they all still retained their legendary status.
So there is no doubt in my mind that they will get their Ascended stats soon as the update goes live.

Really? I would just LOVE for you to post one of your legendaries with a stat set other than PVT, and it still say “Legendary” instead of “Transmuted.”

All we know is that this is the same case as to why you cannot use a transmuted pre-cursor to craft a legendary. The skin doesnt matter, it’s the item code it becomes.

For example, if you transmute a Twilight with a Berserker Pearl Greatsword, and you use the stats from the Berserker Pearl Greatsword, but keep the Twilight, guess what, you only have a Berserker Pearl Greatsword with a Twilight skin. Want proof? Transmute any Pearl item with something else, but use the Pearl Item’s stats. When you type in the item search of your inventory, type in “Pearl”, and instead the item you transmuted with the skin over the pearl item, will show up instead of the ACTUAL NAME.

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

The dev silence on this issue is starting to become REALLY conspicuous.

A straight answer is most definitely called for. Will transmuted legendaries receive the new legendary functionality or not?

Another very pertinent question that hasn’t been asked very much is whether legendaries will be able to be transmuted AT ALL if they receive this new functionality. Maybe I’ll want to switch my legendary from one character to another – will I be SOL after the next patch?

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

All of the legendary weapons are getting all stat combos that we’ll be able to swap on the fly. It’s pretty obvious that all of them will get this upgrade, regardless of being transmuted or not. No sense in it otherwise.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Have you noticed how when you preview a transmuted item (armor or weapon, doesn’t matter) it shows you the original skin of the item and not the transmuted skin?

Also I heard rumor of an un-transmutation stone of some sort, which supposedly splits a transmuted item into its two original components.

If these two things line up, it will mean two things:
1. Transmuted Legendaries will not receive the stat upgrade.
2. HOWEVER there is a way to retrieve your original Legendary with this un-transmutation stone.

If this is true, great, if not then I am curious to see what Anet does to address transmuted legendaries.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I have a jade weapon skin on a pearl dagger. In the merchant’s box, its icon shows as a pearl dagger. So if I had a transmuted Legendary, I’d be prepared to be very angry.

Anyway, here’s my prediction:

• Transmuted Legendaries won’t get the stat upgrade when the upgrades actually happen.
  • There will be a huge uproar.
  • A few days later, Anet will say that they intended to upgrade all Legendaries, including transmuted ones, but forgot to do so.
  • A few days after that, you’ll have your transmuted Legendary upgraded to best-in-slot stats.
  • Everyone is happy until something similar happens again.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I’ve read rumours of data being in the game that appears to be a reverse transmutation stone.

And there you go.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Tholaf.7249

Tholaf.7249

How could anyone think that you shouldn’t be able to change the stats on your Legendaries because you already changed the stats on your Legendaries, while everyone else gets to change the stats because they didn’t? That just doesn’t make sense.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Really? I would just LOVE for you to post one of your legendaries with a stat set other than PVT, and it still say “Legendary” instead of “Transmuted.”

All we know is that this is the same case as to why you cannot use a transmuted pre-cursor to craft a legendary. The skin doesnt matter, it’s the item code it becomes.

For example, if you transmute a Twilight with a Berserker Pearl Greatsword, and you use the stats from the Berserker Pearl Greatsword, but keep the Twilight, guess what, you only have a Berserker Pearl Greatsword with a Twilight skin. Want proof? Transmute any Pearl item with something else, but use the Pearl Item’s stats. When you type in the item search of your inventory, type in “Pearl”, and instead the item you transmuted with the skin over the pearl item, will show up instead of the ACTUAL NAME.

Regardless of what the name comes up, when I ping my item, guess what, it shows Twilight and does not say Pearl GS.
Also more than 90% of the players who use a legendary now have trasnmuted it already, you really think Anet will shaft the entire Legendary playerbase?

What you are stating is just a bug nothing more, I will bet you a 100g that the legendaries will get ascended stats soon as the next patch goes live, so either put up or shut up.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I don’t see why one would want this new stat changing functionality when said person already decided that whatever stats they transmuted on was the end-all be-all.

The OP says they just had to have ’zerk, so they got it. Why now would they want to change it on the fly?

As for bumping up the stats to match ascended values: Even though I’m against it, I’d be okay about that. It should only be a one-time promotion, and people do put a lot of work in to making legendary weapons.

But as pointed out, the weapons are not legendary as per what the game sees. I know this from using exotic skins on masterworks. Sure the text shows the exotic coloring, but the rarity is still “transmuted” and I know no level 50 is wearing true exotics. It’s like replacing your Ford’s engine with a Honda engine then if Ford opts to recall and upgrade your car model’s engine, expecting them to upgrade your Honda replacement engine. (Bad example I know, both Ford and Honda are crap. :P ) Hopefully ANet is nicer and can see more to get things done for you, but I’d be prepared for the worst.

And guess what, you can still get an Ascended weapon and transmute your skin on to them stats.

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

[…]

1. Even if someone – like me – transmuted their legendary, we might still want to change stats to use that weapon on another build. Just because i gave my Bolt Berserker´s stats it doesnt mean i won´t want to be able to change stats on the fly whenever i feel like it.

2. Its not about the stat upgrade to ascended because, as you said yourself, if i want that so badly, i could just use a generic ascended weapon to get its stats to use with my legendary weapon. The point again is that transmuted legendaries still should get whatever change is introduced to non transmuted legendaries, whether we want to make use of those changes or not doesnt count. Transmuted Bolt is still a Bolt so i should be entitled to be able to change the stats of my Bolt just like evereyone else with a non transmuted Bolt will be able to.

3. Yes, i know how transmuting works. You retain the functionality of x and gain the look of y (or vice versa). Thats also why some months ago someone was able to reskin his Dreamer with Rox´ bow but it still shot rainbow unicorn projectiles – that paricle effect was or is tied to the weapon, not to the skin. The same reason why transmuted Twilight or Sunrise dont get recognized by the forge. Anyway, it should technicly be possible to simply revert those transmutations or compensate owners of transmuted legendaries otherwise. All what counts is that anyone and vereyone who owns a weapon with purple name should get the same changes, benefits and / or disadvantages applied period.

4. The lack of someone from A-net posting on this issue – especially since it is posted mutliple times in multiple locations all over this forum – is indeed a bad sign. That either means they dont have this issue sorted out yet or it means they are working on a fix for this issue, knowing a serious kittenstorm will arise on september 3rd.

So, ArenaNet, i beg you, PLEASE shed light on this issue and finally answer the question!

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

[…]

[…]

I’d be okay with a mass reversion of all purple “transmuted” items. The owners just lose out on that transmutation crystal and possibly the rune in trade for having whatever stats they wanted for the time before this change. Give them all the original Legendary and be done with it.

With the “click to change stats” option that’s mentioned coming to Magic Find items, I can easily see a “click to revert” option for transmutations. Heck, give them to all transmutations. Let us still lose half the source, but get back the original.

And while they’re at let us forge the dang Queens and Risen Priests already. :P

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

That option metioned by Pennry is also a nice one. Whatever you do, ArenaNet, please dont give any disadvantages to the legendary owners with a transmuted legendary.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I doubt they are going to screw over anyone that owns a Legendary in the long run. They may want a temporary shyte-storm just for publicity sake (I know that cynical, but I don’t see another explanation if trans-Legendary items don’t update). This issue not being addressed by a Dev comment is quite curious.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

If they don’t get upgraded the day of the patch they will eventually. The backlash will lead them there either way.

Posted by: Caliga Meshima.4768

Caliga Meshima.4768

They confirmed it today during the live developer feed. Transmuted legendaries will NOT be upgraded to ascended.

In order to get the upgrade to ascended, you’ll have to untransmute your legendary with a new item they are releasing called a “Transmutation Splitter.”

Condas.7056

They confirmed it today during the live developer feed. Transmuted legendaries will NOT be upgraded to ascended.

In order to get the upgrade to ascended, you’ll have to untransmute your legendary with a new item they are releasing called a “Transmutation Splitter.”

Lets hope that means it will be possible for legendary weapons that have been transmuted multiple times. Otherwise it is a non issue in my opinion.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Lets hope that means it will be possible for legendary weapons that have been transmuted multiple times. Otherwise it is a non issue in my opinion.

If I were to guess, I’d say that the transmutation retains only two items of information on each transmuted object. The first piece of information is data on the item that provided the skin, the second is on the data that provided the stats. If you transmuted a legendary multiple times, I believe it would retain the skin data through each transmutation, only changing the data for the item that provided the stats.

Then again, it might retain the previously transmuted stats as part of the skin information, but I have a feeling that is not the case. If this is intended as a fix for transmuted legendaries, that would be a painful oversight for those who own them.

Condas.7056

If I were to guess, I’d say that the transmutation retains only two items of information on each transmuted object. The first piece of information is data on the item that provided the skin, the second is on the data that provided the stats. If you transmuted a legendary multiple times, I believe it would retain the skin data through each transmutation, only changing the data for the item that provided the stats.

Then again, it might retain the previously transmuted stats as part of the skin information, but I have a feeling that is not the case. If this is intended as a fix for transmuted legendaries, that would be a painful oversight for those who own them.

I pretty much assumed the above two scenarios.

I’m not too worried though. If they did overlook this I am confident they will make good with everyone.

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

I thought their solution of a transmutation splitter for transmuted legendaries was fairly clever. Hopefully the implementation works well.

Knowledge is power.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’m pretty sure I heard her say that Legendary owners will get a Splitter in the mail.

I hope that means people with more than one will get the corresponding amount of Splitters.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief