Why isn't there a Daily Achievement?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Sli Fi.7980

Sli Fi.7980

Queen’s Jubilee and Clockwork Chaos both had achievements in the Daily section that counted for the reward chest. Why doesn’t SAB: Back to School have those? Did Anet just decide to scrap the whole idea?

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

This is just my speculation but it is probably due to the fact that there are independent meta achievements for World 1 & 2, and the first set being a returning one, so they did not want to change requirements for completing it.

Or then they simply wanted to avoid having SAB related achievements as dailies since it is so different from normal gameplay. However, more likely they just couldn’t come up with enough variety for them. The things you can do in the box are pretty much covered by the achievements that are there already as part of living world categories already.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Or then they simply wanted to avoid having SAB related achievements as dailies since it is so different from normal gameplay. However, more likely they just couldn’t come up with enough variety for them. The things you can do in the box are pretty much covered by the achievements that are there already as part of living world categories already.

Gather x baubles. Finish a zone. Make y digs. Kill z monkeys. Plenty of variety. And that they are also covered in the meta, how is that different from the dailies from the other LS?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I would be SO over that “Kill X monkeys” daily requirement. Hate those guys soooo much.

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

I would be SO over that “Kill X monkeys” daily requirement. Hate those guys soooo much.

Kill 100 assassins

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I hate those LS based dailies even I love LS. Crap Toss Champion daily was worst thing ever.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

It would trivialize the Distinction and Honors in Applied Jumping titles I think. If they didn’t count for that, absolutely I’d love to see some dailies for SAB. I don’t even think I’ve finished a single daily since it came out lol. I was actually just talking about this with a friend today. Could have all the suggestions in this thread, also checkpoints reached would be a cool one at 5 or something.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Living story meta achievements are meant to be completable by everyone without forcing them to do PvP, dungeons, jumping puzzles or any other major brick wall that people complain out. Instead of creating many easy achievements to account for this, like they used to, they started making dailies so that even the most basic of players can complete it. These achievements are not actually achievements, it’s their way of putting quests into the game without calling them quests.

The SAB is not a temporary living story event. It’s like the gauntlet, a reoccurring activity where the achievements mean more than just “I logged in.”

They could have normal dailies for the SAB, but the only point of that would be to get more people into it.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It would trivialize the Distinction and Honors in Applied Jumping titles I think. If they didn’t count for that, absolutely I’d love to see some dailies for SAB. I don’t even think I’ve finished a single daily since it came out lol. I was actually just talking about this with a friend today. Could have all the suggestions in this thread, also checkpoints reached would be a cool one at 5 or something.

Yes, they shouldn’t count for the meta. Just for the daily. So you can spend some time in SAB and still get at least part of you daily finished.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Yes, they shouldn’t count for the meta. Just for the daily. So you can spend some time in SAB and still get at least part of you daily finished.

You can’t have your cake and eat it, if the player who is not interested in SAB but does their dailies can’t either.

Either a person gets SAB achievement progress, as well as daily achievement progress, from these hypothetical SAB related dailies, or none. To have it only one way, is unfair to the part of the player-base you are excluding. I suspect that is therefore the reason we are not seeing SAB related dailies. It would indeed trivialize the meta achievements for SAB, but cannot only give a daily achievement progress either.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

LadyRhonwyn.2501

You can’t have your cake and eat it, if the player who is not interested in SAB but does their dailies can’t either.

Either a person gets SAB achievement progress, as well as daily achievement progress, from these hypothetical SAB related dailies, or none. To have it only one way, is unfair to the part of the player-base you are excluding. I suspect that is therefore the reason we are not seeing SAB related dailies. It would indeed trivialize the meta achievements for SAB, but cannot only give a daily achievement progress either.

Let’s repeat what you said:

You can’t have your cake and eat it, if the player who is not interested in WvW but does their dailies can’t either.

Either a person gets WvW achievement progress, as well as daily achievement progress, from these hypothetical WvW related dailies, or none. To have it only one way, is unfair to the part of the player-base you are excluding. I suspect that is therefore the reason we are not seeing WvW related dailies. It would indeed trivialize the meta achievements for WvW , but cannot only give a daily achievement progress either.

So, why is it fair for WvW and not for SAB? Or even for any other LS so far and not for SAB?

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

So, why is it fair for WvW and not for SAB? Or even for any other LS so far and not for SAB?

I think you are missing my point. I think you proved that you are missing my point by your flawed WvW paraphrasing of my post.

If you do your WvW dailies, they count towards daily achievements and WvW achievements, right? So why should a hypothetical SAB daily only count towards the daily achievement and not SAB achievements as you clearly want?

You cannot (if you happen to love SAB) expect to spend time in SAB and still get your daily and at the same time you wish to exclude the player who hates SAB from getting SAB progress by doing that same daily. That is my point.

Either both sets of players get progress towards both sets of achievements (like happens with most dailies—e.g. WvW/PvP/Crab Toss—including the last lot of LS ones) or neither gets progress (as is the case with the apparent “omission” of a SAB daily).

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m guessing they wanted to keep SAB more of a separate activity from normal dailies activities. It does seem to be a bit of a change from some previous LS content, but SAB IS very different from standard GW2 content.

I’m not sure it’s right for ANY of LS releases to allow for the META achievement to be obtained without actually DOING any of the LS content.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

SAB is not Living Story, it is SAB. They are separate groups doing their things separate ways. SAB only shows up in the LS tab because that’s what the tab is called for the temporary content.

Personally I can’t stand the LS metas requiring unimaginative Dailies in order to complete. Nor the nonsensical time gating this produces. I much prefer all the achievements being up front. That’s how they used to do it up until only a month or two ago.

I think it could be interesting if there were dailies in SAB, but I also feel that part of the point of SAB is that you get absolutely zero character progression in it. You don’t get any XP, nor Gold, nor Karma. The only thing you get out of it is the fun of doing it, which is how it should be.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Different team, different approach to meta achieves. The QJ team apparently wanted to utilize dailies to pad the achieve count and / or allow people to use dailys to bypass tougher achievements if they so chose.

The SAB team on the other hand seems to want to keep the achievements and the meta achieve separate.

Either way is fine with me.

I just wish I could fill my normal daily’s via SAB where applicable. Why can’t I get kill variety / kill count, Maguuma killer, ambient killer (for bees / raccoons / rabbits) ect in SAB? The only things that seem to work in SAB are Daily Interrupter and Daily Dodger.