hate that trib cloud in 1-3? skip it!

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i found this awesome skip — the whole checkpoint takes about as long as it would take to get to the cloud flag. cut your run time down significantly!

when you get to the checkpoint before the tribulation cloud, head to the cut-off tree with the exploding barrel in it as normal. instead of jumping around the back onto the mushroom, look below you and jump to that large platform with the blue monkey in the middle. kill the 2 blue monkeys there (the other is up the hill im standing on in screenshot) cuz theyll annoy you.

follow the screenshot arrows, be very very careful not to get too close to the spike trap that is the rather large white box in the screenie (the short sides of the box are accurate in placement) and jump to the mushroom. and you can just jump towards the tree side of the mushroom, no dodge jumping or pixel perfection (you already did your pixel perfection by bypassing the spikes). it happens that this is the mushroom where that pesky trib cloud drops aggro. continue on your normal path to the sections end.

so. where was that dev post? the one that challenged us to beat the devs and said tribulation isnt for everyone? couldnt find it in the SAB subforum.

well… SUCK IT DEVS I SKIPPED HALF OF THE SECTION WHEN YOU TRIED TO KILL ME AT EVERY POSSIBLE TURN AND FORCE ME ALONG A SET PATH! HA!

challenge complete. feels gud.

wanna make me a 5 point achievement called “Beat the Devs”?
i expect a nono cloud next patch. or something twice as devious.

Attachments:

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I never had problems with that trib cloud anyway. If you are quick enough you can escape his lightning bolts range.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

I never had problems with that trib cloud anyway. If you are quick enough you can escape his lightning bolts range.

Strange, when I tried that Tribulation cloud was shadowstepping as will, and hitting me even if he didn’t attack me at all!

BTW, nais trick, will try if I have time!

Posted by: Epic Brownie.5843

Epic Brownie.5843

That’s the way I always went… I didn’t know there was a ‘proper’ path other than that one… interesting.

Epic
Dragonbrand

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

That’s the way I always went… I didn’t know there was a ‘proper’ path other than that one… interesting.

the proper path is relatively hazard free from where it forks until you reach the flag cloud. then racing the trib cloud is basically RNG… does he tele to you 50x? does he shoot lightning and miss? does he do his rather large aoe that will knock you out of the branches?

its just annoying, but its obviously intended for us to circle the section back and forth rather than just cut through the middle.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Hokie.1045

Hokie.1045

Huh, nice find. Not that I plan on doing this again anytime soon, but it’s nice to know that idiotic cloud won’t get in the way anymore. Personally, I never happened to have much trouble with it.

[KI] Ferguson’s Crossing
~Hokie —
~Red Kiwi

Posted by: Cotheer.2806

Cotheer.2806

I sense…Josh…and a fix.

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Strange, that trib cloud never gets me. Just run along the leaves to the right, make the jump to the leaf with spikes and it de-aggros. Clear sailing every time.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP