[Poll] Should the SAB stay permanently?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

I think of it this way.

The Dragon fights all felt special the first month or so, now they’re just added on the list of stuff to do.

It’s the idea of stopping while you’re ahead. Keep it long enough for people to enjoy the content, but stop it before it no longer feels new and people start complaining about stuff.

Remember, at the root of all of this and after the nostalgia and novelty wears off, it really is just another Jumping Puzzle. An entire dungeon full of it no less.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: GKC.3851

GKC.3851

Game Over
This should be special. Should this be available more than once a year? Maybe. But not year round.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

1 UP!

I love pizza. I could eat pizza every day. Sometimes I take a break and eat spicy hot pan-fried noodles. But then, back to pizza. Make this the little guilty pleasure tucked away in Rata Sum and I guarantee you’ll have a steady stream of pizza eaters.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

Also, if I was a new player I would be thinking, “Well that was cool, I wonder what else they have up their sleeves.”

Yeah, maybe have it available 2x a year or so.

While this was an April Fool’s Day event, I think it also fits the GDC (Game Developers Conference) too which happened to be last week. From what I hear, Indie Games were a big thing there. So if anything, they can time the release of SAB towards the various Gaming Conferences happening throughout the year. As a hats off to old games.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

Game Over
While this is different and unique I got bored with it rather quickly and so did several others. As someone previously posted it was interesting and then got boring. That being said I’m not totally against it staying as it has already been done they’d just have to leave it. I am however against them devoting anymore time to it and doing updates. This pulls developers away from the real game. Most people bought this game to play a great mmo that they made whether it’s pvp or pve. I already disappointed in the amount of time they put into jumping puzzles let alone an 8 bit platform game.

This simply isn’t was most people wanted to do when they got the game. They should be spending their time with the actual game GW2 and their permanent content.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lowgrin.2478

Lowgrin.2478

1up, this event made me come back to gw2

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zox.5964

Zox.5964

1UP
Best Gw2 update imo since launch.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Sleeper.7368

Sleeper.7368

1 up

There’re still gonna be some new player that come after this month, I want those new player to get to try this awesome content.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zuer.2814

Zuer.2814

1-UP

The SAB allows the programmers to put new fun things into the game that have absolutely nothing to do with the lore. There’s a lot of potential in keeping it around. I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept it around but closed it for certain intervals to update content or maybe even just to keep it interesting. Maybe have SAB weekends or something fun like that!

Zuer
Maguuma
[AON]

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Eijian.6347

Eijian.6347

1-up!!! I really want more lvls and achievements

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Definitely a 1UP. It is so different from anything I have ever seen. My eyes are melted due to the sick graphics that puts Cry Engine 3 along with Frostbite 2 to shame and my computer imploded.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Most definitely this should stay and be added to

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

Game Over

One month a year is great for something like this, give people something to look forward to!

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

1UP!

fifteen characters

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ArchAngel.3807

ArchAngel.3807

1UP

SAB is not only fun but its also rewarding , which is something that i feel is missing from GW2 in the area of “mini games”. keg brawl is fun, but if i stop to play it i wont get my legendary/exotic gear, right? and i don’t think i’m the only person that feels this way. its nice to be able to take a break from the real game have a few laughs and still be working towards some cool loot.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lordluen.2701

Lordluen.2701

1 UP!!!
This is clearly a work of art. It would be a shame to only show it for 1 month and have it lost to annals of gw2 memory.
It also probably took a long time to make. As someone who does a bit of programming myself, it would make me cry to see such a successful project only shown for a month and then dropped.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Game over… for all jumping puzzles. :P

Elyl Jrend

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Game Over

One month a year is great for something like this, give people something to look forward to!

What about playing actual guild wars? Look forward too?! Really?

Elyl Jrend

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

1UP

I remember the good old times, before internet dominates our time, I had when family & friends stayed up late, crowded around the TV while waiting for our turn to play those 1-2 players insanely hard adventure/action game. SAB has managed to revive some of the bittersweet childhood memory I shared with them, especially 2 of them have passed on. Once again, thank you Anet

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Reiven.2543

Reiven.2543

Game Over.

Initially i wanted to have it stay forever but the other posters make a good point. This minigame will prob stop being as fun if it is here forever. I think also a large part of the sucess of the adventure box is due to nostalgia for the old times.

It doesnt seem right for a minigame that invokes so much nostalgia to be available forever.

So as much as i love the adventure box maybe the thing we should take away from this short interlude back to the “good ol days” is that all good things must come to an end

Fort Aspenwood GW1 Bittervet….
Reiven Kloak-Warrior / Pizza Pirate-Engineer
Charr Grilled Fish-Ranger

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

1up

Love it and I really want to see the additions Josh talks about. It’s also rare for any MMO to have these kinds of activities. Sometimes you just need a break from the regular game. Sometimes you just want to goof off. I could see myself running SAB for fun… a lot.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

1UP

Would love to see it up all the time and continuously expanded on. Though I do see how the nostalgia would run out after a while. Possibly put it out every 3-4 months?

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Artic Spark.2501

Artic Spark.2501

1 UP if u add new skins or other items worlds I allrdy got my GS..SB and backpack if u done its gonna start to be boring in my opinion.

I love the theme and love to give credits to the music maker its the only thing that kept me going to make a new char and grind this kitten!!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

Game Over.

I think a month is enough.

[Agg] ression

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

1 UP

Found myself grinning and smiling with glee as a poked enemies with a stick, dug holes, threw jars, smash tables, jump on the back of gators, and blowing up walls. I kept finding myself looking for vines to swing on, pipes to jump into, or a secret entrance to the water world. I am in love with the Super Adventure Box. I want to see where it goes next. It is something like this that makes me still return to my old nintendo box to play those games I had grew up with. It captured the feeling and essence of those elder yet still fantastic games perfectly.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Gokaiza.6379

Gokaiza.6379

1UP

Sure it’ll get stale after a while but doesn’t everything if you keep repeating it too much? I’d like SAB to stay around for when I don’t play it for a few months I can go back to it again and it’ll be there. Or like what one of the previous posts said, put it up on weekends or randomly for like a day.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: lockheedlight.5910

lockheedlight.5910

1UP.

This is the most fun dungeon I have done in this game. Closing it down would be a huge shame.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: JarekCyphus.7068

JarekCyphus.7068

1UP.

Why would anyone not make a fun distraction like this permanent? Seems like a waste of development effort, time, and talent to make something this uniquely enjoyable as a mini-game, only to vaporize it after a month.

Besides…there are some of us (myself included) currently deployed who don’t have dependable internet to enjoy this kind of content. The videos are sure fun to watch, and my wife is having a blast with this back home, so I yearn to give this a shot, too, based on the feedback I’ve read. Sadly, I might get 4 days (or less) at best.

Judges of the Tarnished Coast
Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Game Over

These are fun events yes, but too much of a good thing is bad. Come back next year with more worlds and new skins.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

1UP

Reason: Alot of old time players have played the old “NES”, “Atari”, “SuperNES”, “Sega”, and ect. It taught us how bugs exist, find hidden bugs, exploits, glitches, and tricks to bypass or play the game.

Not only that most video games, console or online, follows the same binary coding rule. I notice in this Super Box, its showing and teaching all the basics of simple puzzles, problem solving, secrets, exploring, and tricky jumping. Its also teaching players on timed attacks in simple mode.

Aka for short “Its teaching players how to understand and play GW2 better.” While the dodging is not necessarily needed in “Super Box” its showing how dodge exist in the old games by timing things.

So if anything, it contributes GW2, one way or another but it can never replace nintendo from our hearts.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

1 up

It’s a fun mini-game.

They found clever ways to make it fit lore-wise.

It still hasn’t reached its potential.

1UP

Reason: Alot of old time players have played the old “NES”, “Atari”, “SuperNES”, “Sega”, and ect. It taught us how bugs exist, find hidden bugs, exploits, glitches, and tricks to bypass or play the game.

Not only that most video games, console or online, follows the same binary coding rule. I notice in this Super Box, its showing and teaching all the basics of simple puzzles, problem solving, secrets, exploring, and tricky jumping. Its also teaching players on timed attacks in simple mode.

Aka for short “Its teaching players how to understand and play GW2 better.” While the dodging is not necessarily needed in “Super Box” its showing how dodge exist in the old games by timing things.

So if anything, it contributes GW2, one way or another but it can never replace nintendo from our hearts.

Agreed. Dodging in the olden days wasn’t a contrived button press. It was taking careful consideration of positioning and movement. Come to think of it, better hit detection and physics is something that would make SAB already fun gameplay infinitely more enjoyable.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Cattlerancher.5204

Cattlerancher.5204

1UP

This needs to stay in the game permanently. Super Adventure Box is a lot of fun and would be a shame for it to only last 1 month. Sure, make certain seasonal festivals temporary but this is something different entirely. After playing it I was puzzled as to why it was decided that it would only be in the game temporarily. Also I think it would be cool for future add on’s like this to keep being added to the game. IMO mmo’s lack good mini games and this is a very unique approach which I like a lot.(oh, and make an option under the audio tab to play the 8-bit gw theme on the character selection screen <3 )

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: darkar necrosphere.1328

darkar necrosphere.1328

1 Up Its interesting and appeals to my like of jumping puzzles and secrets. Take resposibility for what you create.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Game Over

I looooooooooooooove this event and think it’s the best one they’ve done yet. But honestly I think it would lose its charm after a few weeks once the rest of the event is implemented.

That being said I would however love to see this type of event again down the road and would love to see this one again next year with different skins available, or maybe even the same ones just for newer folks to get.

I think the rewards for this event were GENIUS as well. Really awesome skins that people actually want and sell for good money? Hell kittening yeah. Plus crafting supplies and the like, definitely a good idea. All events need this, honestly.

Again, AWESOME JOB ANET ON THIS EVENT!

Now if they would just fix sPvP and make other events just as fun as this.. This game would be well on it’s way to recovery.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Obtahl Garanto.2347

Obtahl Garanto.2347

1up
I want more content for this box

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Earthacis.3862

Earthacis.3862

1UP for me.

Its really great and can’t wait to play other worlds!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hagalaz.3705

Hagalaz.3705

1UP
I love this so much.
And I don’t want to rush through it to get everything done in 1 month.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Coredantis.6738

Coredantis.6738

Game Over.

At first I wanted it to be permanent, but then I realized its something they’ll probably do every year for April, and they’ll probably add to it each year, so it’ll be something to look forward to and to keep me coming back to the game. They basically seem to be doing what they did for the original Guild Wars event-wise; they already have awesome events for Halloween and Wintersday, and now they have this for April. In the original Guild Wars once I was done the campaign I only really came back for events like Wintersday.

If they make it permanent people will just get sick of it and then no one will play the adventure box anymore anyway. This way its a fun thing to bring people back to the game.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

My opinion is it should be a once in a blue moon kinda thing. With new rewards and levels every release so the old rewards hold thier value. But I am having a blast with it. I got my greatsword last night YAY! Now time for two swords staff septer and back piece.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

At first I typed 1 up. Then i read this and I have to say he is right:

Game Over.

At first I wanted it to be permanent, but then I realized its something they’ll probably do every year for April, and they’ll probably add to it each year, so it’ll be something to look forward to and to keep me coming back to the game. They basically seem to be doing what they did for the original Guild Wars event-wise; they already have awesome events for Halloween and Wintersday, and now they have this for April. In the original Guild Wars once I was done the campaign I only really came back for events like Wintersday.

If they make it permanent people will just get sick of it and then no one will play the adventure box anymore anyway. This way its a fun thing to bring people back to the game.

Up Rerroll

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Wing.5819

Wing.5819

1 up!
Need more time for casuals like me to get skins.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

1 UP
Where are the so-called “activities” that were promised at release? I see Kegbrawl but nothing else. Oh sure, there were the halloween and wintersday ones but all those were removed… please let Super Adventure Box stay! It’s the best thing that happened to the game since fractals.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

1UP

Because while it may get boring after a while, it is definitely something that they can create new levels for, and having it in the game doesn’t hurt. I also wish that the Halloween games and Wintersday games had stayed, perhaps in your home instance, so you could play them once in a while. I miss the snow-capture the flag, and the Moba-halloween fields.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Game Over

I would like new additions to the world of tyria. This content is cute but I’d prefer to play new content on my mesmer …. not a mario / zelda knock off which takes all my abilities away.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Sophrael.6538

Sophrael.6538

Why not use something like this:
http://micropoll.com/t/KE9smZQlqm

So there would be no need to count :P .

1 up!
And i prefer my second choice. If you just remove the Baubles and Drop-Skins we could jump for our achievements and for fun even after April.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

1UP! Even without fast updates … it’s still funny!

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ichihaifu.7941

Ichihaifu.7941

Game Over

I’d rather have it as once a year event, that way it will be something to look forward to. If it stays people will grow bored of it, I can say that most people will have reached this point by the end of the month already.

(edited by Ichihaifu.7941)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

1-up its adventure time

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Illenos.3894

Illenos.3894

1 UP!

As a JP-lover i have to say: this is probably the best way to deliver enough new JP! Up to now i’ve done all regular JPs + halloween JP + winter’s day JP and it was quite boring since winter’s day JP.
PvPers got their own mode, PvEers got more than enough content and all the Open-PvPers got WvW. What should i do as an explorer and JP freak when i’ve done all JPs and 100% map completion? Do all the stuff again? Without real rewards? (Gift of the Explorer is not really a reward…it’s just annoying to get it if you want to craft legendaries)

SAB should be permanently and should get new worlds every two or three months! Now it feels just like a additional monthly to rush through if you want to have this awesome title.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

1UP!

Few reasons:
1. It gives an excuse for their audio folks make more 8-bit tracks, some of the themes are really nice.
2. It is one lighthearted fun experience that you can always do for well fun, when the rest of the game might wear you down.
3. It is not really thematically tied to the month of April other than being bit silly, and that is only one day of April.
4. To the people suggesting making this an April exclusive tradition, rather not… because then they don’t have a reason to come up with something completely fresh for every April Fools day (be it as ambitious as this or not).
5. I would be more than happy if it would come and go, say… have the content available for 1 weekend or a week for every month for example or even less often. Basically just that we would know it is coming back, preferably more often than once a year… not this vague “on a list of content we would like to re-visit in the future, some day, maybe” statements we have now.

As for the arguments about this affecting our Tyrian content production, I see no evidence of that considering it was developed in tandem with the new living story, which especially this last one seems pretty substantial (and certainly most substantial thus far). Also, now that they have the “framework” for SAB it presumably will take comparatively less resources to add additional levels.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting to dedicated more resources to this, but I see no problem in letting the “very small team” that worked on this keep working updates for it as long as they themselves have the enthusiasm and ideas for it.