Can Mai Trin and Horrik be soloed?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Zerbo.5381

Zerbo.5381

So I figured I’d try soloing Aetherblade retreat on my thief. I’ve made it all the way to Mai Trin and Horrik, but because the damage from Mai Trin’s shadow shot can’t be dodged, I keep dying. As a thief, the only projectile blocker I have is smoke screen, but I have 17 seconds in between cd’s. I can dodge the shadow shot just fine, but I still get the damage anyway- pretty lame if you ask me. What’s the point of using dodge on this fight if you still get punished anyway? Has anyone been able to do this? Maybe a guardian?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

While I haven’t solo’ed it, if you time a blind at the right time her spike attack will miss. I think it’s around when she raises her pistol (also pretty sure that she doesn’t tele if she misses, but don’t quote me on that).

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

Not my video but

Elementalist Solo Dungeon – Aetherblade Retreat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZm7iG0xPwg

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

While I haven’t solo’ed it, if you time a blind at the right time her spike attack will miss. I think it’s around when she raises her pistol (also pretty sure that she doesn’t tele if she misses, but don’t quote me on that).

She is defiant, which makes blinds 90% less effective, so that method is
extremely unreliable.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: signahead.7281

signahead.7281

extremely unreliable.

Isn’t she also immune to blinding attacks when her shield is up?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Crovax.7854

ah yes, i think conditions are only applied when she has 4 stacks or less.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Zerbo.5381

Zerbo.5381

I have blind on stealth- I’ve only noticed it have an effect once on the shadow shot. Too bad the video on the ele cuts off before the last fight. I’m really curious how he did it. I haven’t even gotten to the first cannon phase…

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: bansheehanover.9503

bansheehanover.9503

I have tried to pug this dungeon several times now and never gotten past the frizz fight.. seriously you should charge people to go with you when you solo so they can get achievements. I know I would pay at this point. Message me if you are interested. Banshee hanover

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

extremely unreliable.

Isn’t she also immune to blinding attacks when her shield is up?

Ah both true my bad, forgot to mention that. It is definitely a Monday. And while not perfect, I was able to get it to work a small number of times with my warrior/bow. But you’re right having to get her shield down first doesn’t help much for the first couple of spikes.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

She starts taking damage at 7 stacks.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Crovax.7854

She starts taking damage at 7 stacks.

i was talking about blind and yes i was really unclear there.
the duration of conditions is shortened the more stacks she has.
what i meant was that blinds stays a reasonable amount of time at 4 stacks and is actually useful, not just 0.5secs.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: derekgrant.6504

derekgrant.6504

So I figured I’d try soloing Aetherblade retreat on my thief. I’ve made it all the way to Mai Trin and Horrik, but because the damage from Mai Trin’s shadow shot can’t be dodged, I keep dying. As a thief, the only projectile blocker I have is smoke screen, but I have 17 seconds in between cd’s. I can dodge the shadow shot just fine, but I still get the damage anyway- pretty lame if you ask me. What’s the point of using dodge on this fight if you still get punished anyway? Has anyone been able to do this? Maybe a guardian?

I did it last night on an Engineer.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

That’s pretty epic really. A clicker with no inherent speed boost just shamed so many people. You do have some nice cc/condition removal and HP it seems.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Sprezzatura.4625

Sprezzatura.4625

Last night I was duoing the dungeon with a friend on my ranger he went down early but the fight went really easily. She would attack my bear the whole time with an occasional teleport to me. I was able to res my friend at least three times during the fight from dead while my bear tanked her. I’m a tanky support build so damaging her would take a bit but with how attracted she is to pets you can just short bow her for days. Less impressive than another class since the bear trivializes the encounter but easily soloable.

(edited by Sprezzatura.4625)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Ambrosia.2035

Ambrosia.2035

Not my video but

Elementalist Solo Dungeon – Aetherblade Retreat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZm7iG0xPwg

Amazing. The music is top notch. ANET should use that music for some future raid boss (or something similar).

Howdy (.)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

respect!

Wanna try solo it…but it’s to late already((

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie