Personal Space achievement

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

Could anyone please enlighten me on what this achievement actually requires? Everyone seems to have a different opinion on the matter. What exactly do I need to evade?

Options:
a) Horrik’s attacks (elemental fields he shoots with his rifle) when fighting him and Mai
b) Horrik’s attacks PLUS the ones he’s shooting when he and Mai go hiding
c) Horrik’s attacks when you’ve killed Mai and face Horrik alone

According to Dulfy it’s option C, but I just did that and got nothing.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

i’d say B but good luck with that, if you don’t play a class that has some evade skills
on top of the dodgesrolls

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

I believe it’s not a or c since I did those on my run and didn’t get it. It’s a pain in the kitten and don’t even know if possible to dodge all the cannon attacks when Horrik and Mai hides.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

Anyone actually finished this achievement?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

Nope I can’t figure it out either. I dodged all his aoes except the in between cannon fire (really hard to dodge all of those if not immposible) and I can’t get it.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: nafets.3796

nafets.3796

Would like to here from a dev on this, we have finished this dungeon multiple times and the only thing I haven’t done is evade every one of the cannon shots when they go up into hiding. Don’t think it would be possible to evade every tick of every one of those shots in a 5 man party… maybe solo but gl winnin the rest of the fight solo… maybe you need 5 thieves to stack shadow refuge/other invis when they are firing cannons to avoid them all?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Would like to here from a dev on this, we have finished this dungeon multiple times and the only thing I haven’t done is evade every one of the cannon shots when they go up into hiding. Don’t think it would be possible to evade every tick of every one of those shots in a 5 man party… maybe solo but gl winnin the rest of the fight solo… maybe you need 5 thieves to stack shadow refuge/other invis when they are firing cannons to avoid them all?

They will still spam cannons even if they dont see you. It seems they fire at random and usually covering large patches of ground. And also in this randomness I see a problem. Those achievements were supposed to promote skill rather than luck. Didnt they learned from the Crabtacular where you could have a skill of Houdini and still fail to do it becouse it relied so much on pure stupid luck? Now granted, dodging all those fields does require some skill. But luck as well. It is quite likely you will find yourself in a spot where you will get surrounded by 20 ticking fields and you wont get out even with a double dodge and perfect reaction time. Same can be said about the achievement on 1st boss. You can get a perfect skill at avoiding the lasers while kiting/killing the golems. And then a random wild pull appears, straight into the laser. GG. At least in the latter case you can bring a “meta” of 5 guardians and spam-cycle Stand Your Ground for constant stability. But that is as much stupid solution as solving the Crabtacular achievement by finding a room with people willing to cooperate and cheat it for mutual benefit. Where is skill in that?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: doenerfritze.2648

doenerfritze.2648

I’m also wondering how this works. Completed the dungeon yesterday four times and also got the Faster Than Light Achievement, but couldn’t figure out, which AoE-fields are counting for Personal Space.

Just to clarify before my wall of text:
cannon AoE (were Mai and Horrik go away) != gun AoE

The first run with randoms was a complete fail for this achievement.
The second run with friends was better, but I’m not sure, if I got a hit of one of the AoE cannon fields or gun AoEs.

The third run was nearly perfect. But it was strange. Let me explain it:
We all got hit by a AoE cannon, for sure. We thought we failed, but just concentrated on the fight. We ensured that we were not hit by one of Horriks gun AoEs (fire or lightning field). I’m mostly sure, I wasn’t hit by his gun, but had to dodge one time, were a “evaded” popped up. On of us died completely in the fight, hit by multiple things (but maybe not by a gun AoE). Another guy rezzed our dead friend and got ONE hit from his gun, but blocked it. Now the strange: The dead girl get her achievement. The block guy get his achievement. Another one, who had the most aggro, also got it. I didn’t get it.

In the fourth try, we thought that dulfy may be right and the achievement counts, when you fight Horrik alone. So we all maked sure, we got NO hit from his gun on that last fight. We lowered him before, were Mai Trin was alive and I got one stupid projectile hit, because I was in melee. But on that last fight with Horrik alone, I got no hit! Again, I had to dodge and got an “evaded”, but no hit! I’m sure, because he was dead in a few seconds.

In all four fights we got hit by one or multiple of the cannon AoE, but only some uf us got a hit from his gun by accident. Only three of us got the Achievement.

I think you have to evade all of his gun AoE and the cannon AoE doesn’t count. But it could also be, that all AoEs are counting and it was bugged, like with the Lion’s Arch Fireworks. We will try more in the next days. Hopefully I get this Achievement. :-)

Off-Topic: I like the dungeon! ;-)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for the information, doenerfritze. From all accounts, this is a very unpredictable achievement, and it may be possibly bugged.

One possibility that comes to mind is that during the cannon barrage phases, only one of the circles is being fired by Horrik. Getting hit by the other circles doesn’t count. Of course, the trouble is that there’s no way to tell which circle belongs to Horrik and which doesn’t. :/

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Oh joy, sounds like the “dodger” daily all over again. Being out of range by the time the hit hands do not count, you have to reckless enough to actually get the kitten evade message. Nice going ANet…

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Its C. Dulfy says so. My friend got it that way too.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Crovax.7854

Thanks for the information, doenerfritze. From all accounts, this is a very unpredictable achievement, and it may be possibly bugged.

One possibility that comes to mind is that during the cannon barrage phases, only one of the circles is being fired by Horrik. Getting hit by the other circles doesn’t count. Of course, the trouble is that there’s no way to tell which circle belongs to Horrik and which doesn’t. :/

the fire shots are from horrik, the lightning ones from mai lin if i recall correctly

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

During Mai fight, I beat Horrik to ~5% HP left. When Mai died, all we had to do wakitten him once or twice. Nobody got hit by his AOE. Nobody got the achievement.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Crovax.7854

I did it that way too; didn’t get the achevement.
Your argument is invalid.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

Seems that they finally added achievement that I will never finish lol.

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.