dungeon "achievements" of Aetherblade Retreat

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Nakita Star.5618

Nakita Star.5618

Unlike prior Living Story dungeon experiences, the Aetherblade Retreat “achievements” for the new Living Story of “Sky Pirates” were maddening and unfair. First off, it took eight days of begging and bribing before I could get a group of players to enter the dungeon because everyone hated it so much. A dungeon should be fun to encourage play. Prior Living Story dungeons were so much fun I reentered them. Please please please make future “Living Story” dungeon experiences fun and their “achievements” possible to complete. In Aetherblade Retreat it was impossible to set goals and “achieve” them because players avoided the dungeon or bailed altogether in mid-play. I suggest not making future Living Story dungeons like in Sky Pirates, yuck!

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

Unlike prior Living Story dungeon experiences, the Aetherblade Retreat “achievements” for the new Living Story of “Sky Pirates” were maddening and unfair. First off, it took eight days of begging and bribing before I could get a group of players to enter the dungeon because everyone hated it so much. A dungeon should be fun to encourage play. Prior Living Story dungeons were so much fun I reentered them. Please please please make future “Living Story” dungeon experiences fun and their “achievements” possible to complete. In Aetherblade Retreat it was impossible to set goals and “achieve” them because players avoided the dungeon or bailed altogether in mid-play. I suggest not making future Living Story dungeons like in Sky Pirates, yuck!

I got all of the achievements in the first week but grouping with my wife to get it was a bit upsetting. 90% of the player base has no idea what a decent build is or how to dodge and that makes this dungeons achievements incredibly difficult to complete. Mainly just the Unfriendly Skies one which in my opinion was a terrible idea.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: LaughingLoser.9806

LaughingLoser.9806

I unfortunately did not complete all of the achievements either, but I don’t mind the challenge within the dungeon. Achievements should be difficult, otherwise nothing has been achieved.

Some of the others such as killing 50 in Shiverpeaks – blegh. That is not an achievement – that is spawn camping.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Hard achievements are fine, but tied to a very time limited event? Bleh…

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ What Miflett said. I managed to complete the achievements eventually with the help of some very awesome people from my guild, but it was honestly more stress than fun. >.< Especially that Gods-forsaken Personal Space achievement.