Champion Reef Shark; does not drop loot

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

I thought all veterans and champions were supposed to drop loot now? I’ve killed him around 5 times without loot, no one else that helped received loot either.

I think the Champion Reef Shark missed the memo.

Hoping a dev sees this.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Im presuming the small chest he spawns on the nearby ship is in lieu of loot, but yeah ive never got loot directly from the body either.

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

Yes, there is a chest on the boat. Loot wasn’t great (for me), but there was loot in it.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Is the chest at all related to the champ shark? You can get the chest without ever seeing the shark

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

A small chest spawns on the boat after you kill the shark. I think it stays for a few minutes and anyone can loot it (making it possible to open if swim by after the shark was killed) and then it disappears.

People miss this chest ALL the time. They kill the Shark then just swim off. Its like the big Harpy meta-event (sorry I forgot area) that ends with you killing a champ Harpy Matriarch in a cave. She also spawns a chest near the center of the room that everyone forgets about if she is pulled to the front or sides.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

A small chest spawns on the boat after you kill the shark. I think it stays for a few minutes and anyone can loot it (making it possible to open if swim by after the shark was killed) and then it disappears.

People miss this chest ALL the time. They kill the Shark then just swim off. Its like the big Harpy meta-event (sorry I forgot area) that ends with you killing a champ Harpy Matriarch in a cave. She also spawns a chest near the center of the room that everyone forgets about if she is pulled to the front or sides.

Oh I guess that could have happened. In my experience, the chest has always been there. This includes times when no one else is in the area farming and I was there solo (and the champ shark icon is on the map swimming around to the east). Perhaps there are two chests, one permanent and one that spawns after the champ?

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Oh I guess that could have happened. In my experience, the chest has always been there. This includes times when no one else is in the area farming and I was there solo (and the champ shark icon is on the map swimming around to the east). Perhaps there are two chests, one permanent and one that spawns after the champ?

I know of a permanent chest on a boat, west of the Champion, its guarded by 2 veteran sharks and an aggressive hermit crab.

So it sounds like there ARE two chests in the area.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep, there are two chests in Privateer’s Anchorage. One spawns after the Champion Shark (who I affectionately nickname “Jaws”) is defeated, and another is W of there, guarded by the 2 Veteran Sharks that Darx mentions. The latter chest is always there, but it’s missed by a lot of people.

That said, I have noticed that Jaws doesn’t always drop loot himself. He did when I killed him last night (just a Large Scale), but not on two previous occasions.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

It’s pretty bad event because the chest loot just aint worth it for your time anyways. I say they make it drop 10-20s.