Southsun Omelette Gourmand Question

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Lynith.1650

Lynith.1650

One of the things ANet has always been famous among their fans for is the ability for everyone to participate in events. Southsun Cove is no different, with players being up-leveled to 80. Which is great, if you have friends that aren’t 80 yet and don’t wish to rush.

However, the item for completing “Southsun Omelette Gourmand” requires you to be level 75.

If we were to finish all the achievements, and they were to keep the Omelette in their inventory, would they be able to complete that 25th achievement say… months from now when they hit 75 and thus get the backpack?

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

you only need to complete 25 achievements for the backpack,
there are far more than that in total.
and no, i’m almost 100% certain that you can’t get it after the event has ended

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Can you not use it while you are boosted to 80 in Southsun?

Just I was under the impression that low level players got boosted again for this event. So I’d think that it would allow usage of the food. Not sure how boosting works for item use to be honest. Seems like a oversight.

But I don’t see why it wouldn’t count unless the item somehow disappeared when the event ended. But I’d wait for their say so on that answer.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

One of the things ANet has always been famous among their fans for is the ability for everyone to participate in events. Southsun Cove is no different, with players being up-leveled to 80. Which is great, if you have friends that aren’t 80 yet and don’t wish to rush.

However, the item for completing “Southsun Omelette Gourmand” requires you to be level 75.

If we were to finish all the achievements, and they were to keep the Omelette in their inventory, would they be able to complete that 25th achievement say… months from now when they hit 75 and thus get the backpack?

Common sense says “yes” since the achievement doesn’t require temporary content to complete. On the other hand, I’d like someone official to weigh in.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: EverFrost.1579

EverFrost.1579

Casual player here, bought the game at release, only level 56. Frost and Flame got be back into the game. I was excited to try this content, knowing that I would not need to be lvl 80 to complete. Yet I need to be level 75 to consume the omelet. I am level 56 and I am hungry for some omelets.

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

Probably just an oversight, since, AFAIK, the omelette was already an item in the game.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Probably just an oversight, since, AFAIK, the omelette was already an item in the game.

Oh yes it was, a Karma purchase off Owain after her event.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: DragonJTS.9543

DragonJTS.9543

Can you not use it while you are boosted to 80 in Southsun?

Unfortunately, boosting doesn’t allow the use of higher-level items.

Hopefully I’ll be able to get it when I eat my omelette long after the event is over.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’d report this in the bugs section. This is most likely an oversight.

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Oh yes it was, a Karma purchase off Owain after her event.

I couldn’t help but read that in Owain’s voice 0_o

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Maybe it is because it is buff-food. :/

Posted by: Fruge.4096

Fruge.4096

Has there been any word from the devs on whether the omelette achievement is WAI or if it will be fixed in the May 28 update?

It is annoying to be stuck on 24/25 achievements – I know the crab toss mini-game can grant me the missing achievement but I never have any luck in there! And now I have this omelette in my inventory just waiting to be eaten…

Maybe they can add a new omelette that doesn’t give any buffs to the vendor (for a reduced karma price) for the scaled-up players to buy for the achievement. I have had a sad puppy face since I found out that the achievement is level locked, and I collected sooo many eggs for the omelette to!

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Yes, I would imagine that would work because I doubt they will actually REMOVE any items like that from your inventory. However… I read on wikia achievements in the Tips: that Living Story achievements that you don’t earn will be removed off the list so you don’t see them anymore. It might be because of reasons like this, or perhaps ANET doesn’t want you looking at achievements you potentionally can’t ever earn again. I just wanted to state this for the record, but of course I have no proof this is true as all my living story achievements are completed so can’t say

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It is annoying to be stuck on 24/25 achievements – I know the crab toss mini-game can grant me the missing achievement but I never have any luck in there! And now I have this omelette in my inventory just waiting to be eaten…

If you actually joined a crab toss game even once, and still have only 24/25 achievements, then you are missing one more. Look at the achievement list – you should have all from the top to the first crab toss one (with the obvious exception of the very first one, and the omelette) and the very last 3 achievements on the list.

Edit: correction – it seems that it isn’t possible anymore (though i’m certain it was when i did it) – you cannot now miss even a single achievement, unless you want to actually play the crab toss game (and not just go for the participation).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/southsun/Omelette-Achievememnt/first#post2046513
Here’s what a dev posted on this issue.

“I don’t know if we plan on changing the level of the omelette, but I do think that the achievement will stick around, so as soon as you do reach that level and munch on Owain’s omelette, you should be able to get it.
I can’t guarantee that Owain will always be selling omelettes in the future, but she does seem quite passionate about it, so I imagine they’ll be available for a while.”

They probably won’t change it, so just keep it in your bag until you hit 75.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Also there are several achievements that aren’t available there. Without the omelette and without actually playing crab toss you should be able to reach 24/25 achievements, just wait until the other ones become active and do one of them for the tentacle backpack.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

To be honest the omelette thing is something that could go under “Exploration” achievements instead (there are many there that requires you to visit some strange parts of Tyria) as the omelettes were there long before this Living Story iteration iirc.