Southsun Sample collection guide

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, here is a guide to get all 10 samples for your Southsun Volunteer Fieldwork achievement which rewards a very pretty backpiece!

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/14/gw2-southsun-sample-collection-guide/

Also added a guide for getting the 25 achievements required for the Southsun Stalwart achievement and the tentacle backpiece

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/14/gw2-secrets-of-southsun-achievement-guide/

Enjoy!

(edited by dulfy.1493)

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Dulfy, I just finished this. Figured I’d toss it here instead of a new thread. And of course mine was from memory, so not as accurate. Dang you are fast!

Number 7 – is more east, where the blue personal wp is, on my map.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

dulfy.1493

Added a second guide for getting the 25 achievements required for the second backpiece, enjoy

Beorn Saxon.4762

Nice work and thank you!

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Beorn Saxon.4762

Bump so people can find it.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

For the swimming goggles achievement, if you put on the goggles and go up the ramp a bit, you’ll see a beam going out. You can jump from this and guarantee that you will make it into the lava. Think of it as a diving board.

dulfy.1493

For the swimming goggles achievement, if you put on the goggles and go up the ramp a bit, you’ll see a beam going out. You can jump from this and guarantee that you will make it into the lava. Think of it as a diving board.

Oh cool, did not know about this. thanks

Posted by: MattCoy.3098

MattCoy.3098

You can jump from the goggle’s spot as well. Personally didn’t hit the lava (and died in horrible face – rock – smash), but got the achievement… probably your idea is better, it at least gives some perspective

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I hate the fact that one of the sample is on top of the jumping puzzle. To whoever thought about placing that one up there, all I have to say is that, they should get a time out.

But I am really thankful that someone else in Anet decide that the achievement completion should only be 10 of 11.

If these decisions are from the same person…kudos to that person’s better nature.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.