Theory on this Living Story

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Scurrilous.7283

Scurrilous.7283

My theory is this Southsun living story is that the Sea of Sorrows will become an explorable zone/area. The story winds down in June and the third Guild Wars novel titled “Sea of Sorrows” is expected to be released June 25, 2012 written by Ree Soesbee.

What a better way to make the Sea of Sorrows an explorable zone then launching it around the same time the book of the same name is released and the action in Southsun Cove which judging by the map is part of the Sea of Sorrows.

What do you guys think you think this living story and the book launch is leading up to the Sea of Sorrows becoming fully explorable?

(edited by Scurrilous.7283)

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Ooohhhh, that would be good marketing. Considering that the first two books were pretty good, I was looking forward to the new one anyway. Reading a book + exploring the area ingame at the same time sounds really exciting if well done.

Posted by: Scurrilous.7283

Scurrilous.7283

Ooohhhh, that would be good marketing. Considering that the first two books were pretty good, I was looking forward to the new one anyway. Reading a book + exploring the area in game at the same time sounds really exciting if well done.

Exactly it would be an excellent marketing plan and a very interesting and unique idea.

The first 2 books were great I agree, but I am looking forward to this one more. I am interested to see how it turns out based on the fact it is written by an ArenaNet employee, going to be cool to see how the finished product ends up based on that fact.

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

Likely not yet, since it was mentioned in a recent interview at MMO Reporter that -it’s more speculation than anything, but seems pretty clear- that in the next story arc on june, we will see Lady Kasmeer amongst other Divinity’s Reach nobels. So it’s most likely taking place at Divinity’s Reach area. Furthermore, their concept is to evolve the already existing world, so that means whole new areas are highly unlikely for now.