How do the Twisted Horrors Work?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: TheZoobler.8073

TheZoobler.8073

Q:

So me and my girlfriend have been trying to duo Scarlet’s Playhouse (we won) and get the Save Faren in 3 minutes achievment (we haven’t).

The thing is, the Twisted Horrors around Faren merge into Veteran Twisted Horrors, which are way too beefy to kill in the time alotted. We can’t figure out why. Sometimes the horrors do it at 100% hp, sometimes less, sometimes when one has died but not been destroyed, sometimes even when they’re both dead or one is all by itself.

Bonus points go to the time where somehow four normal Twisted Horrors turned into two Veteran Twisted Horrors and three Twisted Menders, or the time they all turned into a huge Twisted Nightmare with a silver dungeon-mob portrait which wiped us out.

Sometimes this doesn’t happen, more often than not it does. What the heck is going on?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

A:

Actually the mechanic is more complicated and I think it varies by enemies.

-they can get revived
-they can explode after 3 seconds
-they can be consumed by larger mobs, transforming them to even more powerful enemies

It’s…

Horrors (The Hound-like Screechers) will create Menders.

Menders (The Wasp-like Healers) will create Terrors.

Terrors (The Breeze Rider-like Spitters) will create Exploding Turrets.

Nightmares (The Karka-like Reflectors) will not create anything.

Also, when in combat, it’s possible for 2 Horrors to merge into a Veteran. If they do this while one of them is in the throes of death (dying animation) it will still work AND a scrap will appear on the ground that will typically be turned into a Mender fast.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Def Pinoy.7029

Def Pinoy.7029

You dont have to kill the Veteran, kill the other adds and just kite the veteran.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: TheZoobler.8073

TheZoobler.8073

Thanks for the advice!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I found it was much easier to do the achievement solo. The mobs are easy to run past until you try and save Faren. Just cut them down asap and do your best to take out the ones that merge/repair first.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Horrors will only merge into nightmares when low on health. Try focusing them down one at a time.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Horrors will only merge into nightmares when low on health. Try focusing them down one at a time.

Unless this was changed in the last update, this is false information in regards to the Horrors right at Lord Faren in Scarlet’s Funhouse.

They can and will merge right at the start of the fight, forcing players to kite or kill them while putting out fires and killing more Twisted creatures.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Necro twisted flesh monster chicken, rats and floating stomach that explode in poo>Twisted mecha dogs, insects and car straps that can turn into power rangers fusion. Kinda funny.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’ve had very confusing and mixed experiences with this. The first time I did Scarlet’s Playhouse, just normal minions spawned at Faren, and it was easy. We cleared them out quickly as they spawned.

But the last 2 times I did it, every single time one of those giant Veteran Nightmares spawned, or sometimes two. They would immediately start spamming their flamethrower, and be almost impossible for a team of 5 to take out. We could hardly put a scratch on them, and they would easily kill off my team members.

So what happened? Why is this happening, when it didn’t before?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

I’ve had very confusing and mixed experiences with this. The first time I did Scarlet’s Playhouse, just normal minions spawned at Faren, and it was easy. We cleared them out quickly as they spawned.

But the last 2 times I did it, every single time one of those giant Veteran Nightmares spawned, or sometimes two. They would immediately start spamming their flamethrower, and be almost impossible for a team of 5 to take out. We could hardly put a scratch on them, and they would easily kill off my team members.

So what happened? Why is this happening, when it didn’t before?

This is why you need to destroy the scrap after you beat the enemy as soon as possible. (as in 5, it can become nasty. My last run: due to lot of damage, we kill them all in no time, but thanks to that, a lot of scraps are not destroyed which lead to 2 silver).

Dog twisted (i dunno what it name): eat it will gain level up: up to vet (it can also from combination process) or they will make a mender. Special skill: breath (confusion), knockdown.
Mender: will make terror if there is scrap around it. It will sacrifice itself tough. Special skill: heal others.
Terror: timed bomb (run as far as you can), its attack: daze, land mind (slow, high damage)
Nighmare: dog twisted (not using any scrap), only seen it doing this in open world (not funhouse)

note: it seems if you left alone 4 scraps or more together: there is a chance they will combine into a silver. This is what you need to avoid (in open world or in funhouse).

(edited by deviller.9135)