Mandatory instance to access solo event

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Imarion.1650

Imarion.1650

Ok so I did not finish the gauntlet yet, thinking I could do it at ease during the week end.

In the meantime the new event was implemented and I learn that we have to do the new dungeon to have access to the queen pavillion.

Ah yes, you have to know, I hate instances (no debate on this please, there are other posts on that).

So the point is:
I have to do a dungeon/instance to have access to a solo event (gauntlet).

Didn’t we post about this issue already at the Flame & Frost event ?
Does Anet really listen to what we say ? I’m wondering (and very very disappointed).

Imarion

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

it takes 8mins to do, T_T

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

The dungeon is perfectly doable solo. I even got the “3 min to save that guy” achievement on the first run without even trying.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

the instance is super fast. and i actually found it quite enjoyable. especially after the hectic invasions and more “challenging” gauntlet fights.

the events leading up to opening up the instance can be rather tedious.
Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

what?! they are making you play the game?! unacceptable!

in Clockwork Chaos

Imarion.1650

No they are making me having to play an aspect of the game I do not like (instances) to have access to a solo event. I remind that the game has several aspects, 2 of them I love (pvp and exploration which can mostly be done solo), 2 of them I do not like (group instances and McM).

That said the situation is even worse than I originally thought.
I just went in game to do the first part in Gendarran fields.
Now I discover that I have to do 5 invasions, if I’m lucky enough to drop the stuff needed for the next part. Btw: why the ones I participated before do not count ? Why didn’t I drop the stuff before this part of the quest was activated ? After all I witnessed those events and I can tell the tale, can’t I ? And the champions have these stuff on them so I should be able to grab them, shouldn’t I ? This would be more logical and above all less time lost.

This means at least 5-6 hours more of playing “group events” before I can have access to the gauntlet again (solo thing).

I insist that it is not the invasions themselves the issue, but HAVING to do invasions (group things) to have access to a solo event.

So I’m off with the gauntlet, I will never have time to do all this before the next patch and it disappears. Just because it has been tight to group events.

Imarion

(edited by Imarion.1650)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The instance scales, so it basically is a solo dungeon. For the invasions, just follow the zerg or tag an event and AFK through the entire thing. For the part where you need 3 items, you have no choice but to follow the zerg, since you need champion kills.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aldred.9345

Aldred.9345

The playhouse is very easy to solo though, so just think of it as another solo effort like the various storyline fights, or y’know – those guantlet fights.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: XcmGT.3847

XcmGT.3847

The playhouse is ridiculously easy…and you can go into the playhouse with someone who already has done Vorrp’s achievement line.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

No they are making me having to play an aspect of the game I do not like (instances) to have access to a solo event.

Playhouse is solo. So that goes right out the window.

So I’m off with the gauntlet, I will never have time to do all this before the next patch and it disappears. Just because it has been tight to group events.

The gauntlet was up for plenty of time before this, and doing the invasions to finish the quest line doesn’t take all that much time at all, honestly, and then you’ll get to do the gauntlet for a while longer. Yay.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

If you’d gone in there instead of posting this thread you’d have finished it by now – alone. Just don’t fight anything you don’t have to and it’ll be over in a few minutes.

in Clockwork Chaos

Imarion.1650

5 hours are needed to do 5 invasions, I needed 10 minutes to start this thread, now tell me how I can finish 5 invasions in 10 minutes ?

Overall if the dungeon is do-able solo, that is fine, I loved those 2 dungeons during flame & frost, so that’s fine.
But the argument stais for the 5 invasions required.
And I just learned the situation is even worse than that. You have to kill specific champions, not any champions .. AND be lucky enough to drop the 3 objects.

All this, plus your comments, and some thinking made me finally understand this game is not for me. The ratio between the “stress” factor to finish the events/tasks before they disappear, or as for now, before the access get blocked and the “fun” I get from doing these tasks is way too much in “favor” of the stress.
This started with the labyrinth, calmed down with the pavillion and now climbed up again too much.

Good by gw2

Imarion

That said

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The 5 invasions step is the only part that takes time, but even then, you can just go there and AFK it. You only need to be there for the ending of the invasion. You don’t even have to win it.

The 3 portal items you need are easy to get. Participating in 1 full invasion should get you all of them. You don’t need to be lucky, they’re guaranteed drops from the champions. Just follow the zerg.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Now I discover that I have to do 5 invasions, if I’m lucky enough to drop the stuff needed for the next part. Btw: why the ones I participated before do not count ? Why didn’t I drop the stuff before this part of the quest was activated ? After all I witnessed those events and I can tell the tale, can’t I ? And the champions have these stuff on them so I should be able to grab them, shouldn’t I ? This would be more logical and above all less time lost.

The whole “I’ve done these things before picking up the quest, so they should count but they don’t” thing is in loads of MMOs and other games so you really shouldn’t be surprised by it. If you killed 10 raptors, then someone told you to go out and kill 10 raptors, you’d have to go out and kill 10 more. It’s really nothing new.

As for it being logical to pick up the items from the champions, why? They’re random parts that you’ve no reason to pick up, not even knowing what they do. It isn’t until after you’re told about them that you pick them up, picking them up beforehand makes no sense.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

5 hours are needed to do 5 invasions, I needed 10 minutes to start this thread, now tell me how I can finish 5 invasions in 10 minutes ?

So you didn’t want to do mandatory group content, which of course you now know isn’t really mandatory group content anyway, and now you’re not willing to do open world events for it either? What did you actually do before the gauntlet?

Just wait like 4 minutes after an invasion starts, head there and get put in overflow, then go solo the events out in obscure parts nobody bothers running to. Or guest to a small server (if you’re not already on ET or something). 5 hours isn’t a lot of time if you’re not planning on doing it all at once, you could do one each day if you felt like taking it that slowly.

Also I think tagging champion Nightmares was for the other achievement, not the thing you need to get into the ‘Playhouse’.