Request: Anet, how to get Mini Mr. Sparkles?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Q:

Question in title.
How do we obtain Mini Mr. Sparkles ingame?

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

1. Open up Guild Wars 2 and log in.
2. Select a character.
3. Press o.
4. Click “Redeem Code”
5. Enter the code you were given at Gamescon.
6. Open up the mail that is sent to you, make sure your inbox has space free.

Magumer Ranger

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

ingame?

As in what do we have to do with our character to get this minipet? Or will they add it to gemstore?. I refuse to believe we have to travel to Germany to obtain in-game items.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

ingame?

As in what do we have to do with our character to get this minipet? Or will they add it to gemstore?. I refuse to believe we have to travel to Germany to obtain in-game items.

Why not?..

Just like you had to travel to California to get exclusive in-game pets in WoW for several years in a row by now, for example, and I bet other games have done simmilar things as well.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

Just like you had to travel to California to get exclusive in-game pets in WoW for several years in a row by now, for example, and I bet other games have done simmilar things as well.

But how is that a good idea? Why cater to 1000 people who show up in germany one weekend rather than actually giving the entire playerbase who bought and keep supporting their game the oppurtunity to get it through the game they bought??

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Mr. Sparkles? Is that a Skritt or something? Sounds lame.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Mr. Sparkles? Is that a Skritt or something? Sounds lame.

This guy but smaller: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mr._Sparkles

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

1. Open up Guild Wars 2 and log in.
2. Select a character.
3. Press o.
4. Click “Redeem Code”
5. Enter the code you were given at Gamescon.
6. Open up the mail that is sent to you, make sure your inbox has space free.

For real?! That’s lame. I recently started collecting mini’s and Mr. Sparkles would be a great addition. Very expensive to go to Gamescon and they hand out brilliant minis there? Bah..

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Not sure why people are upset that some items can be “exclusive”. These are novelties, not anything that is required to play the game (you know…what you PAID for). How is it wrong for ANet to reward supporters that went to a convention event?

5 year olds throw tantrums when they can’t get everything they want as well…

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Daala.4258

Daala.4258

Really? Mini given exclusively to very small group of people that managed to attend Gamescom? What about collectors (like me) that love collecting minis? This account bound mini cant be even traded….

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Not sure why people are upset that some items can be “exclusive”. These are novelties, not anything that is required to play the game (you know…what you PAID for).

I recently started collecting mini’s and I have a completionist attitude, I would love to have Mr. Sparkles, but I can’t so easily go to Gamescon. I would like it if they put him in the gemstore for 500-800 gems or whatever as well for a limited time.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

If I recall they did this last year with a clothing item, everyone hated it so they said no more of these types of things. Most likely this mini will be put up on the gem store for people who don’t live in Germany or can’t make it to [Insert Event] Until ANET confirm it is a mystery OooOooOo

Magumer Ranger

in Clockwork Chaos

Brother Grimm.5176

I recently started collecting mini’s and I have a completionist attitude, I would love to have Mr. Sparkles, but I can’t so easily go to Gamescon. I would like it if they put him in the gemstore for 500-800 gems or whatever as well for a limited time.

So you don’t get the mini….accept it and move on. Maybe they will put it on the Gem Store in a few years, but I doubt it. Anet has put out exclusive mini’s since the start of GW1 and the several extremely rare ones have never been available in any other way.

Nobody is intentionally provoking your ADD tendencies, they just want to reward those that went to a convention event with something special.

in Clockwork Chaos

Brother Grimm.5176

So you don’t get the mini….accept it and move on. Maybe they will put it on the Gem Store in a few years, but I doubt it. Anet has put out exclusive mini’s since the start of GW1 and the several extremely rare ones have never been available in any other way (that I’m aware of). Now if you want to complain that minis are all account bound, that’s another discussion.

Nobody is intentionally provoking your ADD tendencies, they just want to reward those that went to a convention event with something special.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

They might make it so if you forge 4 queen jennah you get 1 of them.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Not sure why people are upset that some items can be “exclusive”. These are novelties, not anything that is required to play the game (you know…what you PAID for).

Keep an eye on ebay, the WoW exclusive pets and mounts (from blizzcon and the card game) usually end up there, this one might as well.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

http://nerdybookahs.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/i-present-to-you-mini-mr-sparkles/

Sigh….I am not sure if this confirm that this will be the only way to acquire this mini but this is really sad…once again releasing minis in this way is just a terrible idea.

They did this in GW1 and they keep repeating this…I can only hope that these minis are also released in US and also on the Gem store.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ellobo.1572

ellobo.1572

LOL funny… clearly this is a new concept to these kids.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Morbious.5832

Morbious.5832

games ive played in the past if they had a booth at a show would offer an incentive to visit them at the show
and
theres always people that visit the booths and sell the code on amazon or ebay

its pointless for a studio to say exclusive to x show then put it on there store
people will just wait instead of visiting the booths and giving feedback / watching the talks etc

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Baron Von Graymouse.7801

Baron Von Graymouse.7801

I am sure glad I don’t have OCD because I know that the completionists are going to be pretty upset when they learn that their mini collection will never be complete.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Candacis.7048

Candacis.7048

I know we had this discussion last year where arena net wanted to give out items for gamescom visitors, but this was stopped because of all the outcry from players which couldn’t go to gamescom.
I wonder why they are trying it this year again…
I was there last year and didn’t get anything, they just had canceled the give aways. This year I had the chance to set my holiday around gamescom last week, but I didn’t do it. If you hand out a gamescom-only code, please announce it before gamescom.

(edited by Candacis.7048)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Diokana.2375

Diokana.2375

Anet has put out exclusive mini’s since the start of GW1 and the several extremely rare ones have never been available in any other way.

While they did do that in GW1, the big difference is that they were tradeable. Sure, they cost an arm and a leg, but anyone could still get their hands on them if they were willing to pay enough.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

The underlying objective to offering special unique rewards at events like that is likely because a large portion, if not majority, of attendees are press. Give them something shiny and unique and they might just say good things about your game. Screw the many normal fans that don’t have thousands of dollars to blow on travel and entry costs that might also want one.

Not that I care at all about minis, but some other games offer items I would like, so I find the practice disgusting. Fans of the game going to a conference would be happy with some free gems or boosts. A unique item that can’t be obtained anywhere else is far from necessary.

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

A lot of people seem to believe that if an item is novelty, it has no value. As with things like skins the minipets value lies in simply having it, whether it is for looks or because you like to collect. It has value. Whether you need it to play the game or not is not essential.

I don’t even remotely hate Anet for handing out freebies to people who come to see them. But WHY would it be exclusive? What’s wrong with real-life t-shirts, keychains or even in-game gifts that everyone can obtain through play? Heck I wouldn’t even mind if they get the minipet before the rest of us, but why, why, why would it be unobtainable? It’s a part of the game. I didn’t read anywhere on the box that travelling across Germany was part of how to obtain in-game items.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

As a HUGE fan of all things Asura I will be greatly disappointed if I am unable to get a Mr. Sparkles mini. =(

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

ANet hands out gifts occasionally to people who buy their gems, but also sells the gift in the gem store. The same thing could be done here.

OR they could every year at the end of the year sell all the exclusives they handed out in the gem store. That way people get several months to a year of having a special item, but the collectors and others who want it still have a chance to obtain it.

Please, just let us buy Mr. Sparkles. Out of all the minis there ever could have been, this is the one I wanted before anyone even thought of releasing it Please ANet… at the very least tell us what your plans are.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

This is nothing new to ANet. They did this in gw1 with the mini panda, kanaxia, vizu, and various other minis; however, those were not account bound and thus extremely expensive. Don’t worry, just wait 7-10 years and Mr. Sparkles will be made available through other means.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Emyn.6821

Emyn.6821

Dear Arenanet, making a collectible item unavailable within game ? What were you thinking? That is a no-no.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

Not sure why people are upset that some items can be “exclusive”. These are novelties, not anything that is required to play the game (you know…what you PAID for). How is it wrong for ANet to reward supporters that went to a convention event?

5 year olds throw tantrums when they can’t get everything they want as well…

I know people that collect every minipet in the game. This is their goal in the game.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

One word: Ridiculous.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

@Emyn and rainynoble. they’ve done it before, it won’t be the last time.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Exclusivity will only bring out resentment and pride. Both are unwelcomed in the game. Arenanet should know better than do promotions such as this.

…Give us something we like with an opportunity to reward you for it and we will.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

One of my goals since the launch of the game has been to collect every miniature. I’ve done what others would consider stupid, like spending 50€ on Gems, just for their seriously annoying Wintersday RNG boxes, in order to not have a broken collection. Something I honestly wouldn’t do again granted, nor will I touch anything else they put in the Gem Store that’s RNG and a chance-based cash-milking machine, but I did it that time around, unhappily so.

Sure, there are some Special miniatures that I do not have from the Karka event as well, but all of those are obtainable through the Trading Post, so I don’t consider my collection to be broken and impossible to complete because of these. I’ll just have to spend a little extra Gold in order to get them down the line.

Now they’ve gone ahead and done this however, and my collection is seemingly going to be broken, unless they make it available to everyone through other means as well (Gem Store?). What is my incentive to keep collecting if they don’t make it available though? Where’s my incentive to keep supporting the game with real money spent on Gems in order to buy these miniatures? My collection’s broken, and what collector would want a broken collection? There’s always going to be a visible hole in the Collectibles tab when viewing them in the Bank.

I see doing things like this, being somewhat like shooting yourself in the foot.. on purpose. Pretty darn stupid in other words. For all I know, they may of course have a proper way for everyone that seriously collects, to obtain this miniature, but I somewhat get a feeling they don’t even consider what they are doing at times, before they’ve done it and the damage is done (like killing Seafarer Rest’s WvW community with making free transfers to Medium populated servers available, while SFR was a Medium populated server, in Tier 1 and on a win-streak). I sure won’t spend more money on the game for miniatures, when I can’t have a complete collection. But then again, that’s their loss, not mine. I save money, money they don’t get from me (and probably other collectors as well).

I do understand that it is nice to be able to have something within the game that you can flaunt and show as a “I was there” thing. But I think it’d be a far better idea to give them some town clothes (again), even though that would also make people unhappy, like with the white GW2 t-shirt town clothes. To be honest, I think it’d be better to just give them real life goods to enjoy, over virtual stuff like this where you just end up creating a lot of dissatisfaction.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

What Absconditus wrote is pretty much the exact feeling any collector is left with right now. It seems far out if you have never been a collector, but for the ones who since release have mustered up gold and gems, played through various content and grinded Orrian Boxes to complete our mini collections this is just a bat to the face.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

This feels like such a punch to the gut. As soon as I saw the little unfilled box for Mr Sparkles I was so excited. As a mini collector and Asuran fan, it ticked all my boxes. The fact that there is no way around this is pretty upsetting. At least with the town cloth GW2 tshirt I was able to get one via fan site competitions. This is just a dead end.

I think they should have advertised it clearly before hand so we had notice to get there, or not made it account bound so we could buy it off those that could make it. I don’t feel comfortable trusting eBay with my money for an ingame item. Doesn’t feel right that I should have to take that option.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

(edited by Aisina.4963)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Seems like there’s no way for me to get it, other than spend a fortune on ebay….
Guess this will leave a little gray box forever on my mini collection tab.

Sad, sad, sad.

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

Seems like there’s no way for me to get it, other than spend a fortune on ebay….
Guess this will leave a little gray box forever on my mini collection tab.

Sad, sad, sad.

I actually had a chance. A guildie was going to Gamescon today, but Anet isn’t there anymore. Sooo.. That’s where I stop buying their minipets unless they add Mr. Sparkles ingame somehow.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

Yes, it does seem there are players with OCD out there.

My advice: Skip the mini. Leave an empty spot there. It’ll be good therapy for your brain.

As for the game item hoarding issue, buying bank tabs is readily available and painless. Maybe automatic deletion of items if you haven’t touched them within a certain period of time?

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

My advice: Skip the mini. Leave an empty spot there. It’ll be good therapy for your brain.

As for the game item hoarding issue, buying bank tabs is readily available and painless. Maybe automatic deletion of items if you haven’t touched them within a certain period of time?

Dude.. What are you even talking about? OCD != Collecting.
Skip the mini? Sure. But then I might as well skip any other minipets as well. Look at it like this; What if that SWEET armor set you want was completely available ingame, but the chestpiece was only available if you were at gamescon? You can suck it up, but since you couldn’t know before you had the rest of the pieces you are just still left with a missing piece that you can’t obtain.

Also.. Item hoarding? What? Dude, there are collectible slots for minis, none of us were talking about banks space. Deletion of.. Items.. What? Just what?

in Clockwork Chaos

Icealen.3802

Skip the mini? Sure. But then I might as well skip any other minipets as well. Look at it like this; What if that SWEET armor set you want was completely available ingame, but the chestpiece was only available if you were at gamescon? You can suck it up, but since you couldn’t know before you had the rest of the pieces you are just still left with a missing piece that you can’t obtain.

Also.. Item hoarding? What? Dude, there are collectible slots for minis, none of us were talking about banks space. Deletion of.. Items.. What? Just what?

Yes, skip the mini. The sun will still rise tomorrow.

If you don’t use an item and it just fills empty space in your inventory, why keep it?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Can I just say even though I’m lucky enough not to suffer from it I find it extremely insulting that people would throw around a term like OCD for anyone who wants to collect a set of items. (And I don’t even know where to begin with someone using ADD, I can only assume they got the wrong abbreviation.)

It’s things like this which make it so hard for people who do actually suffer from these disorders to get the help they need, or even to get some basic understanding and tolerance from other people.

When you reduce a serious mental condition to the same level as any behaviour you personally find even slightly unusual you are contributing to the social attitudes that make people judge anyone who actually has this condition and say rediculous things like “Well if you don’t like being mentally ill why don’t you just stop?” and leave sufferers feeling misunderstood, belittled and as if they can’t even tell anyone they have a problem, let alone seek help for it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

If you don’t use an item and it just fills empty space in your inventory, why keep it?

Clearly you have never collected minipets.. They do not fill anything except the collectible slot designed for the mini. It does not take up any bank space.

And yes, the sun will rise the day i stop collecting minis, the day i stop doing achievements, the day I stop playing GW2. Does that mean I can’t care about the minipet??

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

Sorry have to agree with Icelan that there seems to be some sort of OCD going on here.
Let me guess, you probably have every single living story achievement done as well and if you were to miss one due to difficulty/some other reason, you’d skip the rest of the next living story contents as well.

(edited by Calmwinds.4753)

in Clockwork Chaos

Icealen.3802

Clearly you have never collected minipets.. They do not fill anything except the collectible slot designed for the mini. It does not take up any bank space.

And yes, the sun will rise the day i stop collecting minis, the day i stop doing achievements, the day I stop playing GW2. Does that mean I can’t care about the minipet??

I hope you obtain your minipet.

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

Sorry have to agree with Icelan that there seems to be some sort of OCD going on here.
Let me guess, you probably have every single living story achievement done as well and if you were to miss one due to difficulty/some other reason, you’d skip the rest of the next living story contents as well.

Haha, to be honest, yes, I have every single temporary achievement. But no, I would not stop doing achievements I wouldn’t be happy about missing out on one, but I would also know that it was because I lacked the skill to complete it and that is entirely my own fault. The bonus achievement for Liadri was definitely a kittene. In any case I don’t have OCD. Except from never tuning my radio into half steps I think I’m quite normal on that point

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

I hope you obtain your minipet.

Thanks. Sorry for coming off, but.. I didn’t understand some of what you wrote

in Clockwork Chaos

Megis.9264

This is just like the thing with the Dragon Emblem Shirt town clothing, except this time, there’s a little grayed out icon constantly mocking you when you open the collectibles tab.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Andrew.4506

Andrew.4506

I thought anet learned their lesson last time with the shirt. People dislike it a great deal when you make in game items completely and utterly inaccessible for the lifetime of the game. Even worse when you label that item a “collectible” and then make it impossible to collect it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Treeline.3865

I thought anet learned their lesson last time with the shirt. People dislike it a great deal when you make in game items completely and utterly inaccessible for the lifetime of the game. Even worse when you label that item a “collectible” and then make it impossible to collect it.

You know it’s bad when it’s already 75 euro on ebay.

in Clockwork Chaos

Megis.9264

I was thinking I’d buy some gems for the Rox and Braham weapons, but I figure I might as well sell some minis and exchange some gold for gems instead. If I’m never gonna be able to complete the collection, anyway.