Scarlet and the Lunatic Court

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kovac.4372

Kovac.4372

“The Lunatic Court is the court of Mad King Thorn. They share a goal of allowing the maddened king to roam Tyria all year long, rather than just during Halloween. "

“A series of seals ensured that the Mad King could not return to terrorize Tyria again, … His Lunatic Court seeks to undo their liege’s imprisonment, attempting to release Thorn for good and creating a never-ending Halloween. One of the seals binding him was broken when Queen Salma ascended to the throne of Kryta. "

“Tick tock goes the clock
It’s almost time for time to stop
Something you all must understand
Your world is built on fog and sand
You’re out of time, your jig is done
It’s time for Scarlet to have her fun
She has some hard lessons to teach
To the people of Divinity’s Reach
So mark the date in permanent ink
The hour is later than you think
On the twentieth day she’ll start her games
And warm her hands over Kryta’s flames!”

I know Scarlet is a sylvari but in a Tyria where the 5 races are pretty much equal why wouldn’t a sylvari be allowed to become a member of the Court?

She certainly sounds right.

Btw that whole bunch is mad … what if the new seal to be broken is overthrowing the rightful ruler of Kryta … I know right? What kind of lunatic would first want to place a rightful ruler on the throne and then overthrow one. Beats me :P

It’s certainly a fun idea.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

This seems like an interesting theory. That would also explain how he has jokes about the new races on hand after his temporary release.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Now that is an very intriguing theory and you certainly have put together a good case for it! The idea goes along with the irreverent personality we’ve see of Scarlet and matches her actions of humorous vandalism and mocking poems. Thanks for posting.

(I always enjoy seeing what people come up with with things like this).

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Illi.3647

Illi.3647

When reading “tick tock goes the clock” my mind went directly to Lunatic Court, the Mad King´s Clocktower to be precise
However, I think it´s just a coincedence, even though it WOULD be awesome. There is always a possibility, but I think that Mad King Thorn was always just a Halloween character. but who knows, maybe…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

You know I thought the same thing when I heard the Tick tock goes the clock. Thinking about the lunatic courtier in the clocktower. That would actually be amazing. Having a storyline that goes from now until halloween.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I know Scarlet is a sylvari but in a Tyria where the 5 races are pretty much equal why wouldn’t a sylvari be allowed to become a member of the Court?

There were Sylvari courtiers at Halloween, weren’t there?

I’m positive there were at least Charr and Asura, and the Asura at the very least probably wouldn’t have had contact with King Thorn during his lifetime either.

in Clockwork Chaos

Kovac.4372

There is always a possibility, but I think that Mad King Thorn was always just a Halloween character. but who knows, maybe…

Well I know but they expanded his lore so much I really think it’s a shame he stays a Halloween character forever. I mean, he’s pretty much a demigod waiting to be released from the Underworld … I’d say that’s a constant threat. So what if he is Halloween themed. We’re grown-ups we can handle it

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Man In Zero G.8312

Man In Zero G.8312

Mind blown.
I hope this is true. Much better than time travel.
But, if this were true, I would think it would be happening middle of of next month, rather than now.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

this wouldnt be the first time they wanted to get him released so would fit it lore wise of therm trying to get him released and actually might make sense for the living story if his release was behind both the aetherblade and molten alliance maybe one or more of his benefactors is working on his release. i still have doubt5 they could relate both the aetherblade and molton alliance this being one thing that could make me see a possible connection

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well we only have 3 more updates before October (then the two in October), so this could be a possibility.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Clockwork Chaos

Darkbattlemage.9612

When reading “tick tock goes the clock” my mind went directly to Lunatic Court, the Mad King´s Clocktower to be precise
However, I think it´s just a coincedence, even though it WOULD be awesome. There is always a possibility, but I think that Mad King Thorn was always just a Halloween character. but who knows, maybe…

Well the Lunatic Court is trying to make Tyria a permanent Halloween so I don’t see why they couldn’t be in non-Halloween living stories.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

You know what the best part about permanent Halloween is? A year round Halloween festival!!!!!!! YES!

This is a cool idea though. It would be awesome to see the Living Story build to an epic type battle that determines if the Mad King is released or not.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Clockwork Chaos

Darkbattlemage.9612

You know what the best part about permanent Halloween is? A year round Halloween festival!!!!!!! YES!

This is a cool idea though. It would be awesome to see the Living Story build to an epic type battle that determines if the Mad King is released or not.

and I have a legitimate reason to play This is Halloween constantly while playing Guild Wars 2.

On topic: Or at the very least if another one of the seals holding him in the mad realm is broken.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Can we vote on if the mad king is released or not? Give our support tokens some use since they still drop and I’d totally vote for him. Screw Kiel and Evon, Thorn all the way.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Pondering this theory, I realized the gateway to the Mad King is under the fountain in LA and the Aetherblades tried to get their insider onto the LA council. If Mai had succeeded perhaps she planned to immediately start another ‘reconstruction/refurbishing’ project on the fountain involving secret ward-breaking magic.

I did not know the bit of the lore about one of the Mad King’s seals being broken when Salma ascended the throne, was that shown during on the Halloween events in GW1?

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Impossible, Silvari have only been awake for 2 generations; the First Borns, and us. Somewhere on the wikia it probably states how many years ago that the Silvari emerged, but its relatively recent, as within the last ten years or so recent, which is long after the Mad King was alive.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

I did not know the bit of the lore about one of the Mad King’s seals being broken when Salma ascended the throne, was that shown during on the Halloween events in GW1?

It was here: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Heirlooms_of_the_Mad_King

That is why His Royal Squashness has sent me here to perform a mystical ceremony of ancient magical…er…magic. According to his calculations, which are as infallible as everything else about His Majesty, he is imprisoned behind a series of magical seals that prevent him from materializing in the mortal realm more than once a year. The return of the Krytan royal bloodline to power has destroyed the first seal, weakening the barrier preventing our most glorious king’s permanent return to your world. I am as excited as an inquisitor in a room full of dissidents!

in Clockwork Chaos

Kovac.4372

Impossible, Silvari have only been awake for 2 generations; the First Borns, and us. Somewhere on the wikia it probably states how many years ago that the Silvari emerged, but its relatively recent, as within the last ten years or so recent, which is long after the Mad King was alive.

The sylvari are present for 25 years, but that’s not what I meant. Of course there couldn’t have been sylvari in the Lunatic Court back in the days the Mad King was alive. I’m talking about the modern day Lunatic Court which, as someone else mentioned, did hold members of other species .. which slipped my mind originally.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

There has been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 2 generations. Our Sylvari characters aren’t so special. Firstborn were born more than 2 decades ago.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Mia……you should really get your lore straight before you try to discuss lore. The player Sylvari are 3rd generation at best, but I’m not sure if it has been stated officially which generation player sylvari are. However, the second generation did come about before the player Sylvari. That being said, if I recall correctly Sylvari “birth” has become more and more rapid over time, reaching a point where the distinction of generation means nothing beyond the 2nd.

Anyways, I’ll be honest, when I read the poem for the first time, the sounds of the Clock Tower flooded my head instantly. I can’t say I’d be against that twist.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

There has been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 2 generations. Our Sylvari characters aren’t so special. Firstborn were born more than 2 decades ago.

The player character is a little special in that they awaken as Valiants of the Wyld Hunt. It’s treated as something uncommon.

I’ve always hated the lore thing about firstborn and secondborn being somehow more important than those to come later. It goes against the idea of someone rising in the ranks and proving themselves with their actions and abilities as opposed to order of birth. It’s one of those time where the story portrays someone as a villain and I sit there and think, “no, he’s right”. There is an argument to be made about order of birth coinciding with life experience, but enough time has passed and enough sylvari have been born that the firstborn themselves should have been overshadowed by the accomplishments and abilities of those to come afterwards.

I doubt this theory solely because ArenaNet would want to keep festival content securely rooted in festivals. That’s not to say the Living Story won’t cross over with Halloween when it happens, just that the current plot seems to be an ongoing one that will reach beyond Halloween. The Lunatic Court is kind of limited to Halloween, we can’t have the Mad King around all year.

I don’t understand why the clock thing is suddenly being pointed out. The Aetherblades are steampunk (which has lots of clock work stuff) and the Watchwork knights are clock/mechanical themed, the steam creatures are also mechanical themed along with the new crafting material. More than likely, there is a big engineering theme to the Aetherblades. The Flame Legion emphasise flame weapons etc, the Aetherblades emphasise mechanical devices and engineer-like themes.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

The Mad King for me has been the only INTERESTING character thus far and storywise too. Make him a bit more serious and it would be amazing!!!! <3 <3 <3

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

interesting idea. would like to se it happen. hope there will be no time travel

in Clockwork Chaos

Darkbattlemage.9612

interesting idea. would like to se it happen. hope there will be no time travel

Well the time travel might die out if they say the Mad King or the Lunatic Court made the Steam Creatures we see in Lornar’s Path or apparently aiding the Aetherblades. That would give an explanation for those Steam Creatures we see outside the Infinity Ball’s storyline.

in Clockwork Chaos

Illi.3647

I don’t understand why the clock thing is suddenly being pointed out. The Aetherblades are steampunk (which has lots of clock work stuff) and the Watchwork knights are clock/mechanical themed, the steam creatures are also mechanical themed along with the new crafting material. More than likely, there is a big engineering theme to the Aetherblades. The Flame Legion emphasise flame weapons etc, the Aetherblades emphasise mechanical devices and engineer-like themes.

It´d be because in the Mad King Clock Tower, just before you started your race up there, one member of the Lunatic Court went like “Tick-tock, mouse run up the clock” (or something like that?). It´s just the tick tock part and very similar rythm (and that we heard it EVERY time before the Clock Tower…and how many times did we try? Many!). I´m almost sure it´s just coincidence and it has more connections to the Watchnights, or just to the passing of time than Mad King Thorn… It was just first thing that pops up in my head when I hear (or read) “tick tock”, that´s all

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Enewia.1356

Enewia.1356

I just replayed some part of the personal story and noticed that Caithe said to Faolain she would fall into Nightmare for her. Scarlet being a sylvari (she’s the same we saw at Queen’s jubilee right ?), wouldn’t Caithe be Scarlet ?

in Clockwork Chaos

Illi.3647

Wasn´t that the Light in the Darkness mision? The one with the vision of Orr you are going to? All of those conversations between Destiny´s Edge were “alternative versions”, or better yet, possible futures of what will happen if you don´t do something about Dragons and if you don´t make them work together. Which doesn´t happened, Destiny´s Edge are (relatively) good and Caithe is OK
And if that sylvari in Opening Ceremony was Scarlet, she didn´t look like Caithe

in Clockwork Chaos

Enewia.1356

Didn’t pay much attention just noticed she was a Sylvari Alternative version ? But Snaff is really dead and they did argue about who’s fault is it no ?
But thought Caithe being a bad guy would have been fun ^^
Sorry about my bad english btw :/

in Clockwork Chaos

Illi.3647

If anyone didn´t played that story step, read Destiny´s Edge or played story dungeons, there could be spoilers:

Yes, they were arguing over Snakitten dead. Basically, Zojja blaimed Eir to not leading them properly (and Eir blaiming herself for exact same thing), Rytlock blamed Logan for running away and Caithe blaimed them for blaiming each other while they should fight Dragons.
But, with your help Logan saved Rytlock and they are (kinda) good now, Eir was saved by you when she was looking for heroic death in the HotW, and Zojja and Eir had their conversation to set things straight. And since they all were ready to battle Dragons together, Caithe was happy, thus had no reason to want to fall into Nightmare (since in that story step, the possible future/alternate herself is talking mainly about how others can´t join up and Faoline is telling something along the lines “So join me!”, and she does…but now she don´t have a reason to join)

in Clockwork Chaos

Enewia.1356

Aaaah I see thank you for the clarification

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Well I know but they expanded his lore so much I really think it’s a shame he stays a Halloween character forever. I mean, he’s pretty much a demigod waiting to be released from the Underworld … I’d say that’s a constant threat. So what if he is Halloween themed. We’re grown-ups we can handle it

I think he’s already escaped the Underworld to a certain extend. He now has his own realm, the mad realm. He is a very powerful spirit, that’s for sure.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Clockwork Chaos

Kovac.4372

I think he’s already escaped the Underworld to a certain extend. He now has his own realm, the mad realm. He is a very powerful spirit, that’s for sure.

Well of course the Mad Queen would know

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Naturally. I’m married to the big old pumpkin.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)