Scarlet is fantastic! [Merged]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Im wondering how does sylvari becomes mad as Thorn unless they slip into Nightmare. Even then they are not mad, they just switch to that emo gothic perspective. Otherwise, they are really attuned to Tree, and the Dream, so im really curious. She doesn’t look like she belongs to Nightmare court, so what does it take for sylvari to distance itself from Tree and go mad like that?

Err, just take a stroll around Tyria and be at the wrong place at the wrong time? Especially asura, nightmare court and dragon-blighted zones are full of crazy stuff, and the Dream isn’t a catch-all anti-madness insurance. Plus Scarlet might have been cut off from the Dream prior to her descent into madness, even willingly as the Soundless did.

Of course, this also is a great hook for expanding the story, especially as it could be made relevant to her current plans and how to stop them. Or reveal the true mastermind behind the entire plot, because forging an alliance of 2 xenophobic and 2(3?) sociopathic groups, stealing Pact hardware and corrupting the new Watchwork tech “foah teh evulz” seems awfully difficult to achieve by anyone mad enough to desire it.

Imagine Scarlet trying to negotiate with the Flame Legion, she’s a female sylvari (not even made of meat!), at best they’d try to chop her up for firewood XD

Yeah but to become soundless they have to isolate from all things living and pratice concentration to separate themselves from Tree. At best they stick with other soundless in remote parts of world. And Scarlet was busy finishing all those schools and training with 4 other races…

This is my problem with LS in general, after all those months we haven’t been given any clue which would elaborate story so far, at least a little. Instead all we got are bunch of illogical pieces, and alot of guessing which usually turns to be false.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Photoloss.4817

Photoloss.4817

Yeah but to become soundless they have to isolate from all things living and pratice concentration to separate themselves from Tree. At best they stick with other soundless in remote parts of world. And Scarlet was busy finishing all those schools and training with 4 other races…

This is my problem with LS in general, after all those months we haven’t been given any clue which would elaborate story so far, at least a little. Instead all we got are bunch of illogical pieces, and alot of guessing which usually turns to be false.

We don’t have much information on the Soundless, they might be able to rejoin society after severing their connection, and a casual stroll away from Mabon Market isn’t exactly remote. Plus they’re only an example to prove even Pale Tree sylvari have options besides Dream/Nightmare.

Actually each LS segment has a decent amount of plot advancement for the 1 story mission it is, the pacing is rather off (try doing the personal story at a rate of 1 mission every 2 weeks and see how much plot you can gleam from that…)
The biggest problem, which has been brought up in pretty much every LS release so far, is the connection to the open world. All the little facts missing from the personal story can be learned by exploring the world, with each zone in the state suggested by the story missions taking place there. The “Living” Story so far has failed to show any impact on the world at large, and all those little nuances are missing entirely. Apart from the instanced Cragstead area which no one ever visits, and maybe a few visual changes so insignificant I don’t even know whether any exist at all.

This really hurt the current release. Scarlet is a great villain for the general “good guys won” attitude after the defeat of Zhaitan, but she exists in a featureless void as all we know of the world after our victory is random mobs bashing random NPCs giving random loot.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Who does her voice again? I can’t seem to find the thread where Anet said it.

Tara Strong. (The answers get buried sometimes.)

:)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chesed.2890

Chesed.2890

I’m here just to say I LOVE SCARLET.

That is all.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Thank you.

Wow, same person who voices Harley Quinn? That explains everything. :x

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Thank you.

Um no. Arleen Sorkin is the voice of Harley Quinn.

Tara Strong voices Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony, Raven from Teen Titans, Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls and much more.

EDIT: Then I realized you may have meant Strong voiced Harley Quinn in Arkham City, which she did. I thought you meant in the original cartoons.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

(edited by inazuma.7021)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Now we just need an alliance between her and Mad King Thorn for Halloween. Oh, that would be fun.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Thank you.

Um no. Arleen Sorkin is the voice of Harley Quinn.

Tara Strong voices Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony, Raven from Teen Titans, Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls and much more.

That’s what it shows on her wiki page for the Arkham City game.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

I “like” her. I admit it. So there.
She has totally lost it. Totally. I don’t need a super villain who says: “All your realm shall belong to me, you fools!” It’s been done before in plenty of games.
So has the seducing seductress. And the cool macho. Or the old dark and sinister caped wanderer.

She lost it, it’s that simple. And we all know how crazy pure geniuses can get. Nutty professors ftw! Unless they turn evil, like Scarlet.
And it’s kinda scary, because we don’t know what she’ll do when she really gets mad. There are nu rules, no boundaries, nothing to crazy.

Good lord, just stop. >>

Now we just need an alliance between her and Mad King Thorn for Halloween. Oh, that would be fun.

No. The Mad King is madness done well. Scarlet is just another generic, “crazy” character.

Hoopa doopa.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Attachments:

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

She has totally lost it. Totally. I don’t need a super villain who says: “All your realm shall belong to me, you fools!” It’s been done before in plenty of games.
So has the seducing seductress. And the cool macho. Or the old dark and sinister caped wanderer.

She lost it, it’s that simple. And we all know how crazy pure geniuses can get. Nutty professors ftw! Unless they turn evil, like Scarlet.
And it’s kinda scary, because we don’t know what she’ll do when she really gets mad. There are nu rules, no boundaries, nothing to crazy.

Good lord, just stop. >>

No. The Mad King is madness done well. Scarlet is just another generic, “crazy” character.

So to speak?

So was the Mad King back in the day. It was complete lunacy one day out of the year and nobody minded it then. Everything about that holiday was cartoonish and it wasn’t until the recent “Mad King’s Shadow” where he became instead more sinister in cast with the method of his reveal.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

I also guess that: she actually wants to release mad king upon the world and want to make him to sit in where he belongs to.

This Scarlet poem:

Tick tock goes the clock
It’s almost time for time to stop
Something you all must understand
Your world is built on fog and sand

You’re out of time, your jig is done
It’s time for Scarlet to have her fun
She has some hard lessons to teach
To the people of Divinity’s Reach

So mark the date in permanent ink
The hour is later than you think
On the twentieth day she’ll start her games
And warm her hands over Kryta’s flames!

almost the same with Mad King:

Tick Tock, the mouse ran up the clock! Then time swallowed it whole, tail and all!

(although Scarlet was more definitive, but if you see: the first sentence in Mad King is obvious: time is up (3 first sentences of Scarlet), second sentence: at that time, you all will be died or chaos will fall around you (the rest of Scarlet’s poem).)

Coincidence ? (like in all theory in other thread)

And one which make me think like this: why she attacks LA first (using Mai Trin.) ? Then attack DR ? (we can left out MA, as they have their own business why they attack norn area and charr area).

(edited by deviller.9135)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

EDIT: Then I realized you may have meant Strong voiced Harley Quinn in Arkham City, which she did. I thought you meant in the original cartoons.

Sorkin retired.
Which is quite a shame, but I’ve seen great voice artists pass the torch to another voice and it work out pretty well.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Three points I want to make, then I’m gone for a few more weeks again…..

1) The opinions of the most vocal among us is not the opinion of the majority. Just because the forums were on fire doesn’t mean that I and many others hated the Living Story. Totally the opposite.

2) Anet just Introduced the Character, and again, we have the most vocal among us trying everything they can to dismiss the character as the most cliche evil villian ever, when they don’t even know anything about her. (Seriously…, The Elder Dragons are probably further into cliche territoty than Scarlet is.)

3) There is MORE to come. How many times does someone at Anet have to say this? Seriously, do people watch the first 30 seconds of a movie, say its horrible, then leave the theater, and waste 14 bucks(If you do this, it might explain your lack of gold in Guild Wars 2)? Or is everyone going to stop crying over everything you see wrong with Guild Wars 2, and wait for everything to play out?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Pacifica.9576

Pacifica.9576

1) The opinions of the most vocal among us is not the opinion of the majority. Just because the forums were on fire doesn’t mean that I and many others hated the Living Story. Totally the opposite.

2) Anet just Introduced the Character, and again, we have the most vocal among us trying everything they can to dismiss the character as the most cliche evil villian ever, when they don’t even know anything about her. (Seriously…, The Elder Dragons are probably further into cliche territoty than Scarlet is.)

3) There is MORE to come. How many times does someone at Anet have to say this? Seriously, do people watch the first 30 seconds of a movie, say its horrible, then leave the theater, and waste 14 bucks(If you do this, it might explain your lack of gold in Guild Wars 2)? Or is everyone going to stop crying over everything you see wrong with Guild Wars 2, and wait for everything to play out?

People are complaining because anet stated that this would be where everything got tied together and we got answers about who was behind everything. The issue isn’t that scarlet is a mysterious insane villain(she’s alot of fun in the invasions and instance), its that the “answer” living story is just another question. I’d wager that if anet had never stated this was an “answers” living story, the forums would be full of praise(because like i said, she’s a great villain)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Remillard.8691

Remillard.8691

Your all forgetting one detail that was said by the asura, she saw the eternal alchemy so maybe she was driven mad by seeing it!

Some get inspired, some go mad, others run.

Props from Gallifrey ;-).

in Clockwork Chaos

Atlas.9704

Your all forgetting one detail that was said by the asura, she saw the eternal alchemy so maybe she was driven mad by seeing it!

Some get inspired, some go mad, others run.

Props from Gallifrey ;-).

(tips hat to you)
Though I’ll admit, if Scarlet says “Do you hear them?! The sound of drums!” I’m getting AWAY from whatever map she’s on.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I’m really curious about her motives though. Assuming she isn’t evil for the sake of being evil.

If you hadn’t caught on, she’s insane. She’s not evil for the sake of being evil, and following Anet’s trends, they’ll likely reveal why later and tie it into something else. She reminds me fondly of the Joker and that might just be because she’s voiced by Harley Quinn, but there’s something else about her. Note how she wants to prove just how fragile and weak human society is, how she targets them. Same mentality as the Joker.

Edit: Eehm, no offense. I just realized my ‘if you hadn’t caught on’ might have came off as… Belligerent and/or mean, and I didn’t intend to do that x_x

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

People are complaining because anet stated that this would be where everything got tied together and we got answers about who was behind everything. The issue isn’t that scarlet is a mysterious insane villain(she’s alot of fun in the invasions and instance), its that the “answer” living story is just another question. I’d wager that if anet had never stated this was an “answers” living story, the forums would be full of praise(because like i said, she’s a great villain)

This event does tie everything together. ArenaNet never said or even suggested that this particular event would be a resolution of the living story; what we know now is that Scarlet is behind everything, that she has access to portals (that have possibly let her access other realities, as shown by the fact that she’s got steam creatures in her army), and that she’s both powerful and totally out of her gourd. Yes, the information raises more questions than it answers, but they’re questions that cut a lot deeper than “whodunit.”

We were told that we’d start to be able to grasp the shape of where things were going with this update, and I think that’s true. There’s a big picture being built here—Scarlet may seem erratic and unpredictable, but she’s clearly intelligent and most likely has a goal in mind. We now have enough information to start to guess. A good story has a structure, and I’m willing to bet that we’re at the end of the exposition and heading into the rising action.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

First of all scarlet is awesome, her dialog is really well done in my opinion. Its both funny and witty. Repeated the dungeon a couple of times just for it. Good job writers.

Also gees deviller… You got there first I was going to say that too. I dont know but this being gw2 the first think I thought when I saw scarlet was not ohh look the joker, but rather mad king thorn.

The joking…

The one not to mess the quality of her Faren chouder, the I will be good from now on etc..

It really is something you’d expect from mad king thorn.

Her minions the way they’re twisted… they have that labyrinth vibe to them, that same kind of gothic feel.

There is aslo what Deviller mentioned the time connection…

I dont know but if I had to guess, her meddling with portals probably got her to the mad realm where perhaps she teamed up with the mad king thorn to cause mayhem in the world? I guess we’ll have to wait a couple of months to find that out. Interesting indeed.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

It would make a lot of sense for the Mad King to have someone to enact his plans the rest of the year (from his stand point). And the targets for Scarlet being primarily Kryta makes sense too (the whole flame and frost thing still makes little sense but hey).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

It would make a lot of sense for the Mad King to have someone to enact his plans the rest of the year (from his stand point). And the targets for Scarlet being primarily Kryta makes sense too (the whole flame and frost thing still makes little sense but hey).

I agree, the connection of molten alliance with Scarlet a bit off (Scarlet never said about them either). I rather want to think Molten Alliance work for themselves. But oh well….. I hope next LS (although it may be SAB), not Karka too….. has affiliation with Scarlet.

(edited by deviller.9135)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Yeah, she’s a massive stereotype of a villain, but I still enjoyed what little we got on her. She’s a refreshing change from what we’ve seen so far. Now if every villain from here until the last living story is like her, I’ll start seeing a problem.

The only thing I found a bit jarring was Vorpp’s line, “I know of this Scarlet…” and her having been trained and studied so much with multiple races. How come no-one else seemed to have heard about her until now? Especially when Mai-Trin was captured and full on said her name. Were our characters too busy killing an elder dragon to have even heard of her?

in Clockwork Chaos

Atlas.9704

Were our characters too busy killing an elder dragon to have even heard of her?

Yes. Yes we were.
Too busy avenging our sister’s supposed death by Centaurs, chasing down Nigthmare Court, dealing with tall leafy boring guy, and too busy working with the Pact to deal with this one apparently.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, she’s a massive stereotype of a villain, but I still enjoyed what little we got on her. She’s a refreshing change from what we’ve seen so far. Now if every villain from here until the last living story is like her, I’ll start seeing a problem.

The only thing I found a bit jarring was Vorpp’s line, “I know of this Scarlet…” and her having been trained and studied so much with multiple races. How come no-one else seemed to have heard about her until now? Especially when Mai-Trin was captured and full on said her name. Were our characters too busy killing an elder dragon to have even heard of her?

She is the outlier for the most part so I wouldn’t worry about more manic villains. The immediate villains so far have been (in no real order):

• Angry animals either enraged by a greedy company messing with them or an angry ex-employee of said company messing with them
  • A race of stupid moles that are admittedly picked on by the other races and a group of jerk outcasts that no one likes deciding to kill a bunch of people because no one likes them
  • A computer program that wants our princess
  • Poorly designed toys
  • A group of pirates that want to take over a pirate city
  • A weird election where we fought ourselves
  • The Mad King

in Clockwork Chaos

inazuma.7021

If Scarlet has seen the Eternal Alchemy (or at least think she has) it explains a lot of her psychosis. If you believe you’ve seen the “shape of the universe” or the “face of god” or whatever you might want to call it, it affects you very deeply. Think of how astronauts often seem to gain new perspective from seeing the Earth from the outside.

Scarlet acts this way because, as far as she’s concerned, none of it matters. The so-called strength of Kryta and human courage? Meaningless. Whether you win a zone invasion? Pointless. If she wins a zone invasion? Whatever. She even calls -you- insignificant during the playhouse instance.

Scarlet went off the deep end because she truly believes nothing we puny little specks do makes the slightest bit of difference and now she’s trying to show this truth to everyone. The Eternal Alchemy carries on regardless. So let’s have fun instead!

in Clockwork Chaos

inazuma.7021

Honestly, there are far more posts praising Scarlet that boil down to “I like her” with no other details (the most commonly cited reason for liking her from what I’ve read is the voice acting). Most of the posts criticising her as a character can not be fairly summarised as “Scarlet stinks”.

Most posts criticizing her tend to prematurely assume that what we’ve seen so far is all there is to her. It’s easier to jump to the conclusion that Scarlet is badly written than to give the character a chance to develop. The Living Story is a vehicle that can do just that, if Anet takes the opportunity and if the player base has a little patience for story pacing.

So the negative feedback does boil down to “Scarlet stinks,” with the addendum of “because we don’t know 100% of everything about her in the first five minutes.”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

You clearly haven’t been reading the Scarlet criticism. Words are wasted on you.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Photoloss.4817

Photoloss.4817

Honestly, there are far more posts praising Scarlet that boil down to “I like her” with no other details (the most commonly cited reason for liking her from what I’ve read is the voice acting). Most of the posts criticising her as a character can not be fairly summarised as “Scarlet stinks”.

The post 2 above yours certainly can.
A crazy, Joker-esque villain simply is enjoyable for some. The insane, irrational antics are great fun in head-on encounters, and I for one find the mentality of spreading chaos for the sake of it (“just watch the world burn”) a very fitting departure from a world that sank into complacency after the defeat of Zhaitan.

Most of the negative posts regarding Scarlet attack the “graduations” statement (which was, at the very least, presented very badly) or assume her current appearance is all we’ll ever learn about the character (this isn’t her problem, but the LS as a whole moves far too slowly). Some also wish for some kind of multi-layered, well-developed character, but GW2 simply can’t reasonably give the same level of characterisation as a novel, not even for a straight-up evil like Voldemort.

Edit: okay, where did the posts go?

(edited by Photoloss.4817)

in Clockwork Chaos

inazuma.7021

You clearly haven’t been reading the Scarlet criticism. Words are wasted on you.

Then by all means please cite some to support your argument, and please don’t stoop to personal attacks.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Well, Short Story just got posted, so obviously there’s more to Scarlet and this whole mess of things then we think, A Heck of a Lot More!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/short-story-what-scarlet-saw/

And there are maybe 2 other bad guys in Total I can think of that come anywhere near Scarlet right now, and even thats a stretch.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

I sure wish the chararacterization of Scarlet in the game matched the one in the story. In the story, she’s presented as cerebral, driven, and hungry for knowledge. That’s good, and an atypical role for a female character. But then the game makes her into just another maniacally laughing, smarmily insulting, hostage-chowder-making villain…

I like her backstory as presented. I just think it’s sad and dumb that ultimately her in-game function is to be yet another Joker-like, smugly chaotic anarchist type.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

I sure wish the chararacterization of Scarlet in the game matched the one in the story. In the story, she’s presented as cerebral, driven, and hungry for knowledge. That’s good, and an atypical role for a female character. But then the game makes her into just another maniacally laughing, smarmily insulting, hostage-chowder-making villain…

I like her backstory as presented. I just think it’s sad and dumb that ultimately her in-game function is to be yet another Joker-like, smugly chaotic anarchist type.

You do realize that by Seeing Forever she went mad, right?

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

She isn’t dead yet, there are still a lot of possibilities to give her that in-game depth, this is just the introduction.

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

And as I say, that’s both cliché and a cop-out.

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And as I say, that’s both cliché and a cop-out.

I don’t think it was “Seeing Forever” it was seeing the fact her path was one which set her at odds with existence and her pride making her not go “oh I really need to change” but instead go “the world has to change to suit me”.

It’s still cliche, but . . . then again, everything’s been done before somewhere. And cliche can be a good tool to keep in your writer’s toolbox.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

So. Now we know, that she has a reason to do what she was doing.

Overall. What did she achive? She showed norn, charr, humans and asura that they all vulnerable. Norn and char – flame and frost. Humans – today event. Asura – by her techno achivements and threat of what inquest may accomplish with right alliance.

She didnt hurt any race to much, just provoked them. So what would be result? All 5 races would grow stronger and would eventually unite together against common enemy. (Sylvari allways wanted this, so she even works in favor of pale tree). Yes. Its already happened with pact, but there still was some elements against pact. So well…there would be even less enemys of such. Also, she brought to light the problems, that every race has to face. Fire legion, Dredge, Inquest and pirates. United them and made them a serious enough threat. Now they have to be dealt with.

What it looks like? Like she is preparing the tyria for a great stand against some big attack.

(edited by Sergoros.4398)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

So. Now we know, that she has a reason to do what she was doing.

Overall. What did she achive? She showed norn, charr, humans and asura that they all vulnerable. Norn and char – flame and frost. Humans – today event. Asura – by her techno achivements and threat of what inquest may accomplish with right alliance.

She didnt hurt any race to much, just provoked them. So what would be result? All 5 races would grow stronger and would eventually unite together against common enemy. (Sylvari allways wanted this, so she even works in favor of pale tree). Yes. Its already happened with pact, but there still was some elements against pact. So well…there would be even less enemys of such. Also, she brought to light the problems, that every race has to face. Fire legion, Dredge, Inquest and pirates. United them and made them a serious enough threat. Now they have to be dealt with.

What it looks like? Like she is preparing the tyria for a great stand against some big attack.

You had me at “Sylvari allways wanted this, so she even works in favor of pale tree”. Exactly! Why haven’t I thought about this before?

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Her voice acting is done perfectly. And after reading up on here she makes quite an interesting enemy. Keep it up.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Good lord, just stop. >>

So to speak?

So was the Mad King back in the day. It was complete lunacy one day out of the year and nobody minded it then. Everything about that holiday was cartoonish and it wasn’t until the recent “Mad King’s Shadow” where he became instead more sinister in cast with the method of his reveal.

That’s not why the majority of people who hate her, hate her.

The majority of people hate her because she has shown no weaknesses other than a lolshot at cannonballs. She’s wildly unrealistically good at everything, graduating from all three asura colleges and mastering combat styles from just about every race in what? Ten years, maybe? Yeah, okay.

She’s just a boring, poorly constructed character that reeks of a 12 year old’s Gaia Online RP character. I’m waiting for ANet to also announce that she’s an Elementalist in addition to everything else who discovered and mastered the “shadow element.”

Hoopa doopa.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Her English accent is really good and it’s quite funny. I really like her.

I hope we don’t actually kill her, just lock her up like Harley Quinn or something?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Her English accent is really good and it’s quite funny. I really like her.

I hope we don’t actually kill her, just lock her up like Harley Quinn or something?

Actualy, i feel, that she might pull Glint on us. Some events later we would get some kind of dungeon with hard traps everywhere and imba hard bosses, It would be smth like “Scarlet laboratory”

After we defeat all bosses and pass all traps, we would finally meet Scarlet and she would be all like: " You passed all my tests, Now I shall hand the fate of the world to ya! Here is my plan!……" And then she would reveal a way to defeat dragons. Or even gods. Or dragons and gods together.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

There’s a big picture being built here

There may be a big picture, but they’re drawing it with jumbo crayons. Norn and charr refugees? Please. Kiel blowing up that Lionguard ship (there were many alternatives) and getting away with it? Bad. Kiel being a candidate for election to the Captain’s Council? Worse. Logan ‘Low Profile’ Thackeray going to talk to that detective? Hah! Anise’s little joke on Logan? Comically unprofessional (at best), otherwise very likely turning allies into enemies. And now Uber-Renaissance Girl Scarlet Briar, Supreme Master of Everything She Deigns to Consider, the World’s Most Interesting Sylvari, who peered into Infinity and decided to make some adjustments.

Move over, Rembrandt.

The table is a fable.

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Good lord, just stop. >>

So to speak?

That’s not why the majority of people who hate her, hate her.

The majority of people hate her because she has shown no weaknesses other than a lolshot at cannonballs. She’s wildly unrealistically good at everything, graduating from all three asura colleges and mastering combat styles from just about every race in what? Ten years, maybe? Yeah, okay.

Good, but not excellent, she didn’t master things from the charr or master blacksmithing. She learned what she wanted to, declared the rest irrelevant and moved on.

“Beigarth tried to dissuade her, eager to pass along the full slate of his smithing knowledge to such a unique and promising student, but she left him with a wave and a breezy smile. She didn’t need to be a master smith to forge the kinds of creations she envisioned.”

“When Ceara had learned all the lonesome soldier’s secrets and declared her intent to continue her studies elsewhere, the charr veteran cursed her for a feckless cub and threatened to gut her with a rusty blade.”

As far as “no weaknesses” . . . no, she has plenty. The fact the rest of the world wants to see her dead and can make it happen if she makes one misstep is a tremendous weakness

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LotharFreund.7456

LotharFreund.7456

Well that short story was interresting. To quote a famous River (Spoilers). We will have to wait & see what happens next.

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Well that short story was interresting. To quote a famous River (Spoilers). We will have to wait & see what happens next.

If we’re quoting famous Rivers?

“Also, I can kill you with my brain.”

Mesmers totally can, too.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

Not sure if this has been asked/mentioned elsewhere but:

I’m assuming Scarlet’s character and story will be tied in to the new Fractals that we will get based on the voting results (Thaumanova). The new Fractals deals with the eternal alchemy correct?

She was already headed down the wrong path by breaking in and stealing stuff from Rata Sum, and then after seeing the eternal alchemy she changes here name to Scarlet and kills her teacher.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Not sure if this has been asked/mentioned elsewhere but:

I’m assuming Scarlet’s character and story will be tied in to the new Fractals that we will get based on the voting results. The new Fractals deals with the eternal alchemy correct?

She was already headed down the wrong road by breaking in and stealing stuff from Rata Sum, and then after seeing the eternal alchemy she changes here name to Scarlet and kills her teacher.

The new Fractals we’re getting are already determined. Presumably they are the Aetherblade Retreat, the Molten Facility, and Thaumanova. If she turned out to be a factor in Thaumanova’s explosion I’ll be disappointed. (Mostly because she doesn’t NEED to be involved in that. Maybe learning from the aftermath, but not in the actual explosion.)