Theory Crafting About Current Events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

By now I’m sure some of you have watched Wooden Potato’s awesome theory crafting on the current events in relation to the Thaumanova Reactor. If you haven’t, please watch. His video has me excited for the lore and what’s coming soon.

For fun I would like to add to Potatoes video.

Whenever a mysterious stranger appeared it was usually a duplicate of a person native to Tyria. For example in the Super Adventure Box there were two variations of the mysterious stranger: a colorful version and a black and white version.

Besides Super Adventure Box, your duplicate (if you play the Asuran “Infinity Ball” story) and the mysterious stranger from Queen’s Jubilee it looks like there was another mysterious stranger.

In Guild Wars a mysterious stranger tricked Zinn, a renowned golemancer, into creating five Golems: R.O.X., N.O.X., P.O.X., G.O.X. and M.O.X.. Three of those golems — R.O.X., N.O.X., and P.O.X. — turn out to be machines of immense power animated by an unknown energy source. The mysterious stranger ordered these three golems to attack Krytan, Canthan, and Vabbian royalty. Fast forward 300 years later and we have the same events repeating itself. A “mysterious stranger” is attacking Divinity’s Reach and Kryta’s royalty and the Pavilion is crawling with potentially harmful “golems”.

The fractal called “Uncategorized Fractal” has a Raving Asura with 5 golems. Four of these golems surround him with a 5th stationed near by. Could this Raving Asura be Zinn?

We know the mysterious stranger from Queen’s Jubilee is a human female. So if this mysterious stranger is an alternate future duplicate of someone from Tyria Prime then it is possible that she is Kiel.

How? In the story Split Second when the duplicate Shodd reveals himself he has only reached the rank of Grand Vice Admiral. If military ranks are followed then there are two people with higher rank. An Admiral (2nd highest rank) and an Admiral of the fleet (highest rank / Leader).

If Kiel is involved in the Aetherblades then the mysterious stranger is most likely Kiel. This alternate Kiel could either be an Admiral or the leader. If she is the leader she has power over both the Aetherblades and the Steam creatures.

Mai Trin reveals the name of “Scarlet” after her capture. Scarlet could be the nickname of Kiel’s duplicate.

There are many people speculating that Ellen Kiel IS “Scarlet” but the more I look into it the more it looks like Kiel somehow learned of her duplicate’s existence and has been positioning herself into a position of power so that she can go on the offensive against the Inquest and Aetherblade. It means her life if her duplicate is trying to kill her.

This is sounding more and more like the Terminator plot line!

So basically, if this all turns out to be case, Anet is revealing another Shiro Tagachi before our very eyes!

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

We know the mysterious stranger from Queen’s Jubilee is a human female.

This is actually incorrect? I am pretty sure that the stranger is Sylvari. She spoke with an english accent, which all Sylvari do (most times poorly) and her face was kinda greenish / looked like one of the stock Sylvari faces from character creation. of course theres still a chance she isnt a Sylvari because half her face was masked, and she appeared to also be a mesmer on top of all that too.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

She’s definitely a sylvari and just like Rox in the concept art for the Queen’s Jubilee, I can’t believe people didn’t assume she was Scarlet yet. We know of two named characters that we have never met. Scarlet and Mr. E. Scarlet is a senior figure to the Aetherblades and the story has been building up to her reveal. It only makes sense that the Mysterious Figure is Scarlet, a sylvari (and likely a totally new character).

I did the Opening Ceremony and when the Mysterious Figure appeared, I was expecting her to be Scarlet so much, I thought they made it official. I had to be told they never revealed her real name yet. People have taken that “WoodenPotatoes” theory too far. Occam’s razor: among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected. The “WoodenPotatoes” theory is great and all, but it leaps all over the place.

Kiel is a one dimensional character. People keep thinking there is something more to her because there is so little to her, but the truth is, she just has the one dimension.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

She’s definitely a sylvari and just like Rox in the concept art for the Queen’s Jubilee, I can’t believe people didn’t assume she was Scarlet yet. We know of two named characters that we have never met. Scarlet and Mr. E. Scarlet is a senior figure to the Aetherblades and the story has been building up to her reveal. It only makes sense that the Mysterious Figure is Scarlet, a sylvari (and likely a totally new character).

I did the Opening Ceremony and when the Mysterious Figure appeared, I was expecting her to be Scarlet so much, I thought they made it official. I had to be told they never revealed her real name yet. People have taken that “WoodenPotatoes” theory too far. Occam’s razor: among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected. The “WoodenPotatoes” theory is great and all, but it leaps all over the place.

Kiel is a one dimensional character. People keep thinking there is something more to her because there is so little to her, but the truth is, she just has the one dimension.

It’s Scarlet for sure. Queen Jennah has been in hiding, replaced temporarily by a robot. (Only her and Countess Anise are aware of this, not even Logan knows). Scarlet is going to take over the Pavilion and the players are going to have to kick her out.

Oh, whoops. Spoiler alert.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Clockwork Chaos

Zayd Akira.1942

People have taken that “WoodenPotatoes” theory too far. Occam’s razor: among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected. The “WoodenPotatoes” theory is great and all, but it leaps all over the place.

WoodenPotatoes’ theories jump all over the place because that’s how meta-stories work in guildwars, its been that way since the first guild wars, guild wars prophecies being the best example of stories within stories within stories that interconnect and weave very long and confusing webs that in the end change the entire history of Tyria.
I’ve played guildwars since the first, and I STILL have issues following what happened in Prophecies.

Think: Cloud Atlas

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

People have taken that “WoodenPotatoes” theory too far. Occam’s razor: among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected. The “WoodenPotatoes” theory is great and all, but it leaps all over the place.

WoodenPotatoes’ theories jump all over the place because that’s how meta-stories work in guildwars, its been that way since the first guild wars, guild wars prophecies being the best example of stories within stories within stories that interconnect and weave very long and confusing webs that in the end change the entire history of Tyria.
I’ve played guildwars since the first, and I STILL have issues following what happened in Prophecies.

I watched the entire video and his theory is nothing more than a hypothesis, or basically grasping at straws in basic terms. Yes the Thaumanova reactor explosion did cause bizarre magical phenomena but it doesn’t mean it interconnected with the Personal Story in any manner. There are countless alternative realities simply because one alternative reality has been seen. The Steam Creatures could come from anywhere, even from our reality just a different world. It was said humans were brought to Tyria by the gods along with the Forgotten. We haven’t heard the Forgotten for sometime now perhaps they the real builders of the Steam creatures and the Asura in the Infinity Cube personal story is just a “What if an Asura built them first.” scenario. Or it could be the Mursaat utilizing the budding technology of the Charr and Dredge with their own magitech to create new armies to finally get their revenge on the humans. Perhaps Scarlet is their new “Saul D’Alessio” and the Aetherblades the prototype White Mantle 2.0?

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Clockwork Chaos

Zayd Akira.1942

I watched the entire video and his theory is nothing more than a hypothesis, or basically grasping at straws in basic terms. Yes the Thaumanova reactor explosion did cause bizarre magical phenomena but it doesn’t mean it interconnected with the Personal Story in any manner. There are countless alternative realities simply because one alternative reality has been seen. The Steam Creatures could come from anywhere, even from our reality just a different world. It was said humans were brought to Tyria by the gods along with the Forgotten. We haven’t heard the Forgotten for sometime now perhaps they the real builders of the Steam creatures and the Asura in the Infinity Cube personal story is just a “What if an Asura built them first.” scenario. Or it could be the Mursaat utilizing the budding technology of the Charr and Dredge with their own magitech to create new armies to finally get their revenge on the humans. Perhaps Scarlet is their new “Saul D’Alessio” and the Aetherblades the prototype White Mantle 2.0?

Such is the nature of theories though. People keep thinking that people whom mention Potatoes’ theories are taking them as proven fact, but this isn’t the case. We’re just presenting Potatoes’ speculation on his behalf, essentially.

in Clockwork Chaos

Darkbattlemage.9612

Such is the nature of theories though. People keep thinking that people whom mention Potatoes’ theories are taking them as proven fact, but this isn’t the case. We’re just presenting Potatoes’ speculation on his behalf, essentially.

I don’t assume everyone who mentions his name fanatically believes his theories or even remotely find them plausible. However a few have made me wonder. While his other hypotheses and theories do appear to be more thoroughly constructed, this hypothesis sadly can’t even hold jello. It basically a small scrap of tinfoil that made in the shape of a bucket. It looks useable but poor a drop of water and its now ruined.

The major contributor to this hypothesis inability to hold even jello is that the Living Story will not impact the Personal Stories, simply because it would be confusing to the new players. The dungeons someone mentioned, I think in another thread, aren’t an exception as they are intended to be done at certain levels. Once you obtain a certain level you receive a letter from someone claiming to be your herald informing you of the actions of whomever your Destiny’s Edge companion is. A Living Story however seems to permanently change world itself in some manner. Another reason is that those players who didn’t choose the Infinity Ball or whatever it called as their Asura’s first invention would feel like their choice meant nothing in the long run. We already seeing people complaining about the human focus of the Living Story, which I find their arguments agreeable but mostly I’m confused how they connect together but willing to stick with it to find out then make my final decision.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

in Clockwork Chaos

Zayd Akira.1942

I don’t assume everyone who mentions his name fanatically believes his theories or even remotely find them plausible. However a few have made me wonder. While his other hypotheses and theories do appear to be more thoroughly constructed, this hypothesis sadly can’t even hold jello. It basically a small scrap of tinfoil that made in the shape of a bucket. It looks useable but poor a drop of water and its now ruined.

The major contributor to this hypothesis inability to hold even jello is that the Living Story will not impact the Personal Stories, simply because it would be confusing to the new players. The dungeons someone mentioned, I think in another thread, aren’t an exception as they are intended to be done at certain levels. Once you obtain a certain level you receive a letter from someone claiming to be your herald informing you of the actions of whomever your Destiny’s Edge companion is. A Living Story however seems to permanently change world itself in some manner. Another reason is that those players who didn’t choose the Infinity Ball or whatever it called as their Asura’s first invention would feel like their choice meant nothing in the long run. We already seeing people complaining about the human focus of the Living Story, which I find their arguments agreeable but mostly I’m confused how they connect together but willing to stick with it to find out then make my final decision.

I think that’s unfounded. Just because I didn’t choose the infinity ball for my asura doesn’t mean that some other asura didn’t invent the infinity ball, as we know, tons of asura have invented many infinity balls, but in the process of the personal story for the infinity ball, the player character gives up on the infinity ball while Shodd however does not, which leaves it open-ended.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

Thanks for the video! I would’ve missed it otherwise.

Very interesting stuff indeed. When he gave his theories in the end, especially the stuff about Kiel, it made me realize that Anet perhaps orchestrated that Kiel would win… Not Evon. I mean, how else would it all come together and tie in with personal stories?

Just my two cents.

in Clockwork Chaos

Zayd Akira.1942

Thanks for the video! I would’ve missed it otherwise.

Very interesting stuff indeed. When he gave his theories in the end, especially the stuff about Kiel, it made me realize that Anet perhaps orchestrated that Kiel would win… Not Evon. I mean, how else would it all come together and tie in with personal stories?

Just my two cents.

Anet is known for its ‘cloud atlas’ type stories, i think if evon had won, then they woulda went with their furture plan for if evon had won, instead of banking everything on kiel winning.

unless you consider making evon an unlikable douchnozzle, then yes they orchestrated that kiel would win, simple as that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

I agree to a certain extent it might be confusing to new players who miss these one time events. But I don’t agree completely. If you didn’t choose asura, let alone that specific story line, you would never have found out that the steam creatures came from you as a character either, unless you specifically got told by a friend or looked it up, which new players can do too.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Can we call a spade a spade? This is not theorycrafting, it’s fan fiction. Theories are guesses based on fact. Theorycrafting is also based on fact, but in a vacuum, without consideration for circumstantial variables.

Neither means grasping at straws trying to make an origami poodle out of them. If I sound bitter it’s only because WP used to make decent videos for GW2.

in Clockwork Chaos

Darkbattlemage.9612

I agree to a certain extent it might be confusing to new players who miss these one time events. But I don’t agree completely. If you didn’t choose asura, let alone that specific story line, you would never have found out that the steam creatures came from you as a character either, unless you specifically got told by a friend or looked it up, which new players can do too.

Here the thing not all players will be like this but there be plenty of players who will whine about it on the forums. Look at Guild Wars 2 fellow mmo’s when one race or group is favored it starts a whole lot of grumbling. There already grumbling about this current Living Story focus on the human queen. Can you just imagine the grumbling caused if they went in this direction.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

More than anything, speculating is hell of a lot of fun.

Plus the devs read the forums and might get inspired

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Is there some written rule I am unaware of that states living story cannot be built upon or influenced by the personal stories in some way?

Perhaps ANet actually included MANY stories that would somehow intermingle with various personal stories and we simply haven’t seen them come to fruition yet. Personally, I think it’s an amazing concept and I hope they do run with that. It would make it so that your personal story has more impact on the world around you and feel a little more realistic in that people don’t “grow up” in a bubble. I would love it if information from the personal story found its way into the rest of the story – even if it were very minor… or major hehe.

in Clockwork Chaos

Shiren.9532

It’s Scarlet for sure. Queen Jennah has been in hiding, replaced temporarily by a robot. (Only her and Countess Anise are aware of this, not even Logan knows). Scarlet is going to take over the Pavilion and the players are going to have to kick her out.

How can she take over the Pavilion? The devs said that the Gauntlet is still playable when the patch hits. If she took over the Pavilion, why would the Queen still be running the gauntlet inside? What about all the achievements tied to representing each of the cities? From a gameplay point of view, it doesn’t make much sense to lose access to the Pavilion unless the Pavilion ignores the instanced story and assumes we retake the Pavilion almost instantly.

They planned out a year of the Living Story. Whatever is happening now, they knew it was going to happen back when Flame and Frost took place. They might change things, but given they need voice actors, assets and the developers need time to create the content (I think they are on four week cycles) feedback isn’t going to influence the story for a long time after it’s given.

in Clockwork Chaos

Darkbattlemage.9612

Is there some written rule I am unaware of that states living story cannot be built upon or influenced by the personal stories in some way?

Apparently so I’ve heard many people say one of the developers confirm this is the case. Although I’ll also admit the plausibility of a misunderstanding on my part or that the information is entirely false.

Perhaps ANet actually included MANY stories that would somehow intermingle with various personal stories and we simply haven’t seen them come to fruition yet. Personally, I think it’s an amazing concept and I hope they do run with that. It would make it so that your personal story has more impact on the world around you and feel a little more realistic in that people don’t “grow up” in a bubble. I would love it if information from the personal story found its way into the rest of the story – even if it were very minor… or major hehe.

The concept of the personal stories intermingling and shaping the open world I find interesting, but the better question is it plausible for a mmo to do this. What I don’t find interesting is this whole infinity ball hypothesis. It’s presented in a fashion that only gives me a headache. Also it just, to me anyways, feels like he grasping at straws to provide interesting content then a feasible hypothesis.

Another explanation is that instead of a connection with the “Grand High Sovereign” of the Infinity Ball Personal Story, the Steam Creatures will be pulled from multiple realities where similar events had occurred. Possible being the result of the ‘fallout’ of the Thaumanova Reactor starting to reach critical levels as chaotic magic is unpredictable.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

WP’s theory might just cause a few to be disappointed with what actually happens, I don’t mean to say what Anet does will suck or anything – I’m just saying that if it does we all know how much better it could have been.

in Clockwork Chaos

Darkbattlemage.9612

WP’s theory might just cause a few to be disappointed with what actually happens, I don’t mean to say what Anet does will suck or anything – I’m just saying that if it does we all know how much better it could have been.

Actually his hypothesis isn’t really better. If it were to happen it would simply open the flood gate for time travel abuse which will then ruin the story in a matter of a few updates. I’m surprise people are actually finding this theory appealing given how time travel has really crushed other game stories in the past.

in Clockwork Chaos

KingClash.3186

Actually his hypothesis isn’t really better. If it were to happen it would simply open the flood gate for time travel abuse which will then ruin the story in a matter of a few updates. I’m surprise people are actually finding this theory appealing given how time travel has really crushed other game stories in the past.

But time travel (wormholes maybe) is already in the game via way points/portals you go from point A to point B instantly with Asura technology. (j/k?) I get what you’re saying though.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

It would really depend on how much they leaned on time travel for storytelling afterward. If they use it for one plot device and then find a way to smoosh it out for other plots then it could be AMAZING. Sci-fi fans everywhere will rejoice as they get the best of both worlds – fantasy and sci-fi all in one game lol.

I agree though, it is a complex ‘can of worms’ to open and if they later lean on it to explain anything and everything away then it will be trivial and pathetic.

I loved WP’s theories and hope at least a few of them are found to be true… but if they manage an equally interesting story I won’t be let down by that either.

in Clockwork Chaos

AlietteFaye.7316

How can she take over the Pavilion? The devs said that the Gauntlet is still playable when the patch hits. If she took over the Pavilion, why would the Queen still be running the gauntlet inside? What about all the achievements tied to representing each of the cities? From a gameplay point of view, it doesn’t make much sense to lose access to the Pavilion unless the Pavilion ignores the instanced story and assumes we retake the Pavilion almost instantly.

They planned out a year of the Living Story. Whatever is happening now, they knew it was going to happen back when Flame and Frost took place. They might change things, but given they need voice actors, assets and the developers need time to create the content (I think they are on four week cycles) feedback isn’t going to influence the story for a long time after it’s given.

When it happens and I’m correct, I implore you come back to this thread and say that I’m psychic.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Clockwork Chaos

Shiren.9532

When it happens and I’m correct, I implore you come back to this thread and say that I’m psychic.

The only unusual thing about your post is the Pavilion. People have guessed at Scarlet’s identity and that the queen is a robot in disguise within the first day of the Queen’s Jubilee.

I don’t want to do an alternate reality plot line. The current one is already far too steam punk, we don’t need more sci fi in a fantasy MMO. Magic and dragons, sword and sorcery, legends and heroes, that’s what appeals to me personally. The theory that people are crediting WoodenPotatoes with is specific to one asuran Personal Story choice, it’s very sci fi and it doesn’t contrast well with most of the world and existing lore. Alternate realities and time travel opens up a whole can of wurms I’d rather the story just stay away from.

in Clockwork Chaos

KingClash.3186

The only unusual thing about your post is the Pavilion. People have guessed at Scarlet’s identity and that the queen is a robot in disguise within the first day of the Queen’s Jubilee.

I don’t want to do an alternate reality plot line. The current one is already far too steam punk, we don’t need more sci fi in a fantasy MMO. Magic and dragons, sword and sorcery, legends and heroes, that’s what appeals to me personally. The theory that people are crediting WoodenPotatoes with is specific to one asuran Personal Story choice, it’s very sci fi and it doesn’t contrast well with most of the world and existing lore. Alternate realities and time travel opens up a whole can of wurms I’d rather the story just stay away from.

When I said “how much better it could have been” I’m not referring to WP’s exact theory but along the lines of a really cool twist that is “hidden” within the deep lore of the game, I just like his creative process and how he came up with the theory which is what I would like to see more of in this story.

(Point me out to what, if I’m not giving credit where its due)

Hopefully its not going to be something that Hollywood has done a million times, (kidnapping, assassination, evil twin) something mind boggling once in awhile is well welcomed.

in Clockwork Chaos

Korval.3751

Theory Crafting and speculating isn’t for Arenanet, it’s for us… the fans!

in Clockwork Chaos

Korval.3751

But that’s the point! Who blew up the reactor? The Inquest. What did the explosion cause? “the world turn inside out”. Creatures, including the steam variety, are warping into the reactor’s ruins. By their ideology and actions the Inquest HAVE abused space travel… it would not be a surprise if time travel was part of the lore.

The Experimentation and aftermath of the facility bear some resemblance to the research facility Black Mesa from Half Life. Let’s compare. What happens after the explosion? A portal is opened between Earth and a dimension called Xen. Freeman is apparently teleported to an alien planet and catches glimpses of various alien lifeforms, including a circle of Vortigaunts, shortly before blacking out.

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

This will happen:

BOOM BOOM BOOM RATATATATA PEW PEW PEW SLASH CLONK BANG SCREW THIS IMA RUN CLANK SWOSH DANG IT LOGAN

(edited by Justdeifyme.9387)

in Clockwork Chaos

AlietteFaye.7316

I’ll go further, then. Scarlet is going to block access to herself. She’s an “engineering prodigy.” She’ll have portals everywhere around Tyria, sending out monsters to attack. She’ll take over the Watchknights, and she’ll even plant bombs all around Divinity’s Reach. Lord Faren will be one of the people captured.The only way we’ll have access to Scarlet is through portals, and only because of the help of the Asuran Dignitary, Vorpp.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Clockwork Chaos

Shiren.9532

When I said “how much better it could have been” I’m not referring to WP’s exact theory but along the lines of a really cool twist that is “hidden” within the deep lore of the game, I just like his creative process and how he came up with the theory which is what I would like to see more of in this story.

(Point me out to what, if I’m not giving credit where its due)

Hopefully its not going to be something that Hollywood has done a million times, (kidnapping, assassination, evil twin) something mind boggling once in awhile is well welcomed.

ArenaNet doesn’t utilise its own lore very well. Most of the lore threads they create in the world are stand alone. Look at the Aetherblades. Instead of using an existing faction, we have a new one. They could have use the Nightmare Court or the Inquest or the Flame Legion (the Molten Alliance doesn’t count, there wasn’t even a named NPC involved).

In a recent lore interview one of the writers said they are very good at setting up plot threads to be used later. That’s true. What they are not good at is using those plot threads. It makes following the lore frustrating and unrewarding because stories, factions and characters you become invested in are years apart from being used again (if it all). There are a lot of interesting characters and stories told in the personal story at the lower levels (before it becomes all about Zhaitan) that just sit out there.

Look at GW1. Salma was just a quest that seemed significant yet wasn’t utilised. A possible heir to the throne who was hidden – that was really interesting for people interested in the lore. It was in the game in 2005. The War in Kryta didn’t begin until April 2010. Up until then, you did a quest that didn’t really matter. It took five years for them to develop on that plot. Can you imagine the number of plots introduced over three campaigns and an expansion that were left hanging?

Guild Wars 2 has an advantage in that the Living Story is active ongoing development on the game, but from what we’ve seen so far, they seem to be introducing a new enemy and are using new heroes. They aren’t utilising existing plots or conflicts, they are creating new ones.

in Clockwork Chaos

Darkbattlemage.9612

But that’s the point! Who blew up the reactor? The Inquest. What did the explosion cause? “the world turn inside out”. Creatures, including the steam variety, are warping into the reactor’s ruins. By their ideology and actions the Inquest HAVE abused space travel… it would not be a surprise if time travel was part of the lore.

Actually no they haven’t abused space travel. What the reactor has caused is simply a magical phenomena that is randomly teleporting creatures from their native environments. We don’t know if the Steam Creatures being teleported to the reactor are even from the steam portals seen near Aetherblades are from an alternative reality. For all we know they could be actually from our reality form a different continent or world. The world is vast and the concept of steam creatures is not restricted to the Asura. The alternative reality shown was what if the Asura player had invented the process themselves. It would require for that Asura player to actually invent the first Steam Creatures. As I mention by confirming one Alternative Reality the flood gates of infinite Alternative Realities open, which then leads to the fact each one someone else designs the Steam Creatures.

The Experimentation and aftermath of the facility bear some resemblance to the research facility Black Mesa from Half Life. Let’s compare. What happens after the explosion? A portal is opened between Earth and a dimension called Xen. Freeman is apparently teleported to an alien planet and catches glimpses of various alien lifeforms, including a circle of Vortigaunts, shortly before blacking out.

I don’t play Half Life also just because it bears a resemblance to another video game doesn’t mean the result will be the same. Half Life is Science Fiction, meaning no magic. Guild Wars 2 seems to fit the “Arcane Punk” genre as Magic and Science do appear to coexist and even seem to be combined by the inhabitants of Tyria. In Science Fiction such a incident would indeed have similar results. But when magic is involved the results can be much, much more unpredictable and dangerous. The current phenomena could be just a prelude to more severe phenomena that don’t involve time travel in any shape or form.

in Clockwork Chaos

Zayd Akira.1942

I’m pretty convinced that Scarlet is a Chronomancer.

in Clockwork Chaos

Darkbattlemage.9612

Then she will win no matter what we try. She can simply slow time around us down so that we can’t prevent her accomplishing any of her plans. Or she can rewind time so that any failures or setbacks she suffered can be corrected.

in Clockwork Chaos

Zayd Akira.1942

Then she will win no matter what we try. She can simply slow time around us down so that we can’t prevent her accomplishing any of her plans. Or she can rewind time so that any failures or setbacks she suffered can be corrected.

O.o you answer nearly all of my posts, and yes that is true, the surprise is the world gets taken over and everyone dies, the end.

in Clockwork Chaos

AlietteFaye.7316

I do believe I am psychic!

twitch.tv/aliettefaye