Update Chaos

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

Well in 4 hours I have 3/3 overflow fails plus one hotfix patch that actually kicked me out of the event. I even tried guesting on a lower populated server hoping I could do the content. So the gates we have are:

1. Get into zone without entering overflow.
2. Defeat a 45-minute event without failing, disconnecting or being forced a disconnect because of a hotfix patch.
3. Successfully complete this 45-minute event 13 times.

I’m beginning to think the only people who are going to get these achievements are people with more time than me.

P.S. Colin said this update was a preview of things to come.

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

+1 to all of the above. I have given up until a fix is implemented.
If this is a preview of things to come I will look to other games, which is bad because I like GW2

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Easy solution if you get disconnected during the event. Party up with others on the map. If you get disconnected then you can get back into the same map as them. I make sure to do this with my guild all the time so if any of us disconnect (which for a few happen often), they have a “safety net” to use to get back into our map.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

(edited by Fallout.1798)

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Korval.3751

For all of Blizzard’s problems there’s one thing they learned and never repeated. Funneled content. The Burning Crusade was WOW’s best expansion but it suffered from launch day woes as EVERYONE on the server was trying to get into Hellfire Peninsula. Every expansion after TBC had multiple starting locations for Horde and for Alliance and it worked REALLY well. This is good game design (even if I don’t like WOW any more).

GW2 is doing the exact same thing over and over and over again. They should’ve learned from the Beta branded event about putting everyone into one zone. People were crashing, lagging out, some couldn’t see the content, and some fell into the overflow where nothing was happening. So why close to a year later are the designers still doing the same Hellfire Peninsula move again and again? Don’t funnel all your players on a server into ONE ZONE! Especially for “Living World” updates.

The content needs to be spread out across multiple zones. Or the systems needs to use the scaling system and detect the number of players entering the overflow for a zone where a global Living World event is taking place and start it up in other zones until the overflows drop. They already have this mechanic on numerous champions and events. It needs to happen on Living World events.

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The bad news is this is day one, when the patches and hotfixes usually do come. The good news is it should be smoother after.

We can only hope. In the meantime, lace up the cleats and get those legs stretched cause there’s a lot of running to do. Seriously, there’s an almost absurd amount of running involved. In a good way.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Korval.3751

The bad news is this is day one, when the patches and hotfixes usually do come. The good news is it should be smoother after

I really hope so! It just feel like if they had more people testing this content on a test server a lot of these problem could’ve been eliminated. I still don’t understand why Anet doesn’t have a test server like WOW. Do they want to protect the Living World story so much that they’re willing to release buggy content and fix it over the course of a week? Bug free Living World updates is MORE important than protecting the story. All it takes a few more months of these kinds of releases for people to become frustrated and leave. I feel like one of them…

(edited by Korval.3751)

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

Hrm, can you specifiy what server, time zone ect you are in?

I’ve often hit the overflow map but I have had no disconnection issues which seems to be the crux of your issues.

All of the over flow events have functioned just fine for me, and I have only seen one fail.

You get all the achievements for a failed event as you do for a passed one with the exception of getting the opportunity to kill scarlet.

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The bad news is this is day one, when the patches and hotfixes usually do come. The good news is it should be smoother after

I really hope so! It just feel like if they had more people testing this content on a test server a lot of these problem could’ve been eliminated. I still don’t understand why Anet doesn’t have a test server like WOW. Do they want to protect the Living World story so much that they’re willing to release buggy content and fix it over the course of a week? Bug free Living World updates is MORE important than protecting the story. All it takes a few more months of these kinds of releases for people to become frustrated and leave. I feel like one of them…

Yeah, I don’t think a test server could catch more than half the issues. Small things like definite miscalculations? Sure, perhaps. Glitches from being on a live server with gods-know how many players? Not . . . really probable.

They’re possibly fantastic tools. On the one hand. On the other hand, you actually have to have enough people playing on them to get good data.

But then I’m not a software tester or engineer, just someone who believes absolutely nothing flawlessly is integrated into “public release” from “finished beta testing”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

13 times, or one time on each of 13 different maps?

With all the overflow problems we’ve had so far, there are going to be some seriously unhappy campers if we have to hit this event on 13 unique maps. We’ll have to be in game at the top of every hour waiting for the last couple of missing maps to possibly be the location of the next invasion, and we’ll have to work through overflow, disconnections, etc.

I really hope this isn’t so, Joe.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yeah it’s too much for a few measly achievements

Not all of us have that sort of time to spend on a game, so some of the content will be unachievable for us.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

45 minutes events, kitten . I could not even get into 1 event yesterday so I left to play a game that does work.
Too bad I liked the pavillion part, because the new enemies were pretty good imo.

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Easy solution if you get disconnected during the event. Party up with others on the map. If you get disconnected then you can get back into the same map as them. I make sure to do this with my guild all the time so if any of us disconnect (which for a few happen often), they have a “safety net” to use to get back into our map.

Doesn’t work, it will give you the overflow is full. Tried yesterday to play with guildies, we ended up in different overflows, couldn’t join them.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

I’m not really clear what the problem is with overflows?

I’ve done 3 out of 4 invasions in overflows and they all worked fine.

And what is this ‘i have to do it on 13 maps ’ malarky? It’s the completionist’s achievement. It doesn’t give a title or a loot bag or anything. It’s the furthest thing from required. so pretty much… :rolleyes:

Update Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Just so you know, failed events count too. It’s more like a “take part in 13 invasion meta-events” achievement.
Hope it eases your pain