Watchknight Tonic Is Getting Fixed

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Contacted support about the issue and he told me they are aware of the problem and are going to fix it, and to watch for future updates.

Hopefully not too long of await but it’ll be fixed eventually, and hopefully get rid of timer permanently. It says on the update that we can use it anytime, with any cooldown you cant use it anytime.

Yay for fembots

(edited by Thomassassinate.9370)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: citizankane.5723

citizankane.5723

Sweet, thanks for heads up. Any idea if lasting only 5 min. will change also?

in Clockwork Chaos

Thomassassinate.9370

Maybe, but he did not mention that or not, im guessing he can’t say incase anet changes their mind on anything he’d promise, hope so though.

This is how i think the fix should be.

I do not believe the tonic should have a cooldown, on the clockwork chaos page it says “Once you complete the Clockwork Chaos meta achievement, you’ll receive a tonic that allows you to transform into a Watchknight at any time.” A cooldown makes that sentence invalid because with a cooldown you can’t do it any time

I do not believe it should last 5 minutes with or without a cooldown. Constantly clicking every 5 minutes can become a nuissance “Double click to transform into a watchknight, double click again to end the transformation” That’s how the potion should be to activate it drink it, to deactivate it drink it. If we must have a transformation logo, it should be 1 hour not 5 minutes

in Clockwork Chaos

Thomassassinate.9370

I’ll put on this forum if i get a response from him, i asked him if the fix will make it permanent, even though he may not be able to say i tried.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d imagine that the “fix” will involve removing the cooldown but still leaving it at five minutes, that being the paltry amount of time you get to be a particular cat with the Cat Tonic. I just hope it doesn’t get mapped onto the Cat Tonic exactly, given how the latter is currently bugged and causing full game crashes when used.

in Clockwork Chaos

Thomassassinate.9370

Maybe, but that would just make people use it every 5 minutes, would just be better to do how the tonic states double click to use, double click to end.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Thank the lord. 5 minutes is fine as long as there is no cooldown… only people with the patience to click it every 5 minutes can stay transformed indefinitely in combat, which I imagine isn’t many. So game mood preserved, and tonic saved from mediocrity. Won’t have to worry about “wasting” it in town now.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

are they gonna add a male version one day? :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Joshua Valentine.6417

Joshua Valentine.6417

With the amount of emphasis on the “anatomy” of the female watchknight, the changes to make it a male would have to be pretty big.

Grumpy Woodsman.
Jade Quarry Forever.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

I’d love it if it didnt have the CD. I wouldnt want to use it all the time but that thing is amazingly useful on a largeish char for geting through some of the jumping puzzles where camera issues are a problem. I could think of a few boss fights where it would be handy as well just for a smaller character model short term.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

I wouldn’t mind the duration or cooldown so much if this game had a normal hotbar I could stick it on and hotkey. Something I could press on a whim without interrupting what I’m doing. I can’t be kitten to open my inventory to search for and double click on something that lasts for such a short duration. Tried it once and dumped it in my bank, just like my minis which for whatever reason seem to last as long.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

I doubt this tonic will get fixed…especially because also the Wiki now reports that :
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Watchknight_Tonic
The wiki info says it last 5 mins and have a 30 min CD -.- .

When today i downloaded the patch , my wishes were all for the tonic fix .
Self-trolled.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

in Clockwork Chaos

Thomassassinate.9370

^
Just because the wiki added that info doesnt mean a fix won’t happen, ive seen a few errors before on the wiki that were changed after a build update.

We will just need to be patient, and pray that it’ll last forever and no cooldowns at all.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rcox.4076

Rcox.4076

lol you realize anyone can change a wiki page right?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I doubt this tonic will get fixed…especially because also the Wiki now reports that :

Self-trolled.

You’re joking right? The designers don’t update the wiki, random players do. And since the info is correct right now, why shouldn’t the wiki say that? If the tonic is updated someone will update the wiki page too.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Clockwork Chaos

Nirvana.8659

Self-trolled.

You’re joking right? The designers don’t update the wiki, random players do. And since the info is correct right now, why shouldn’t the wiki say that? If the tonic is updated someone will update the wiki page too.

lol you realize anyone can change a wiki page right?

Ofc didn’t know that :P .
I was thinking the wiki was gaining informations by devs too :O .
But…now i know that , thank you .

Anyway , there is a dozen of topics about the tonic issue (if it’s an issue….) .
They should merge all teh topics , and hopefully give us on forum some news about the tonic (will get fixed , is intended to be as it is ?! ) .

Regards.

in Clockwork Chaos

Thomassassinate.9370

Eh doesn’t matter about the wiki or not.

Long as arenanet the tonic fixed, and preferably soon i like being a different unique form and still have combat for once. And hopefully they make it permanent, no timer, no cooldown, just a fun cosmetic you can use whenever. Charrs and Norn will especially appreciate it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

Thank goodness, in its current sorry state it’s not even worth using.

(edited by Amlin.6041)

in Clockwork Chaos

Thomassassinate.9370

Mmhmm, alot of people put it in their bank. Still nothing yet but hopefully fixes soon, and hopefully no cooldown or very very small cooldown and longer transformation.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Snowblind.4371

Snowblind.4371

The butt is so hypnotic…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Long as arenanet the tonic fixed, and preferably soon i like being a different unique form and still have combat for once. And hopefully they make it permanent, no timer, no cooldown, just a fun cosmetic you can use whenever. Charrs and Norn will especially appreciate it.

I’d have loved it to act the same as the GW1 tonics. 5 minutes is so short!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cotheer.2806

Cotheer.2806

What is getting fixed, exactly?
Canceling transformation on map change/wp or the 30min CD?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

Probably whatever text/description/tooltip the OP read to make him think it could be used any time, they’ll fix that to make it clear there’s very low uptime. I doubt the 30 min CD and 5 minute duration are “bugs” or “problems” that need “fixing” in ANet’s eyes. Changing those numbers is easy and would have likely been done already if they wanted to. There’s also the possibility this is a troll thread and the OP never talked to anyone.

in Clockwork Chaos

Nirvana.8659

I don’t belive the OP is a troll.

A troll fix from Anet , like the tooltip fix , would be something we are used to .
I doubt the tonic will have any change at all .
Already parked it on my bank character.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I want to use this all day every day.

More tonics like this please Anet, but that 30 minute cd makes me sad

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Clockwork Chaos

Thomassassinate.9370

@Cotheer, he didnt say what he said the complexity of the issue and the time makes it unaware, but that really just means he probly cant say too much info because if it ended up a lie he could get introuble.

@Asastia, he said they are aware of the tonic issue and are adressing it, and told me to watch for future updates. Your choice if you think this is a troll or not i just want my favorite tonic fixed because of it being combat, and i know how charrs and norn are when it comes to jumping puzzles and cramped areas.

@Nirvana, i do worry that too, dont want them fixing it and its like 5 minute transform and 20 minute cooldown or something bleh like that.

@Kiri, agreed the 30 minutes are just pointless nobody likes waiting this shouldnt be a waiting game.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Anasurimbor.5763

Anasurimbor.5763

…but they’re clockwork humanoids, so I guess he’d need a pendulum?

Borlis Pass

Swedgin [FFT] – Norn Guard

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Does not make any sense calling it infinite tonic if it limits the use to 5 minutes.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Let us use it in wvw too.

in Clockwork Chaos

Thomassassinate.9370

@Aspirine, yep and even on the website that gives the info about the event says afterwards you can use the infinite tonic anytime, 5 minutes and 25 minute cooldown isnt any time.

@Colly, i wouldnt mind that, i guess the only problem would be ability to hide armor, and i guess players would complain saying the other player had a advantage over him (aka the person lost and is QQing)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

@Colly, i wouldnt mind that, i guess the only problem would be ability to hide armor, and i guess players would complain saying the other player had a advantage over him (aka the person lost and is QQing)

Ahh, class identity. It takes me back to my childhood, playing Ragnarök… People would ask for some form of customization, other people would say that then it would be too hard to tell one class from another. Good old times (haha nope).

People will always complain. Still, I want more permanent tonics that can be used in battles, and ones that REALLY are permanent and that can be used in WvW. I would love a Kodan combat tonic, I would make a new character with a typical Kodan name and I would be a Kodan forever.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

How about fixing it so it works in WvW? It’s like, the only time, I’d use it really.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Clockwork Chaos

Thomassassinate.9370

^
I wouldnt mind wvw either, im sure tho people will complain and cry and say the tonic was the reason they got killed, so im guessing thats why they arent in pvp.

in Clockwork Chaos

Nirvana.8659

Is there any update about the tonic duration/cooldown?
Is there any way to have an Arena Net answer if they gonna change it or not?
Just to have an answer.
I doubt if i open a topic called " dear Mr. (insert Dev. name here) will we get a real endless tonic without any CD" would help.
Or it would?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ryu.1368

Ryu.1368

Well, hopefully it does get a fix. As it is right now, waiting a half hour for another 5 small minutes? Presently the item for all those achievements is a huge disappointment. If a rep could explain why a cosmetic item has a time restriction, I think we’re all ears. 5 minutes isn’t exactly fun for much of anything, like a bite size piece of chocolate isn’t realy ‘fun sized’ either. And a half hour cooldown? How about “lasts until downed”, with a 10 minute cooldown, if a cooldown is necessary for an item with possibly no exploit ability, or advantage or boosts of any kind… Purely cosmetic.

At first I was thinking “Well, to bad I’m not a male version.” then 5 minutes later “Wait… what happened… Previously transformed? 29 minute—waaaaait, really?” It’s now a paper weight taking up inventory space. At the very least, I wish there was a collectables pane for infinite tonics. But i’d rather an hour transformation (or as I say “until downed”). As for the cooldown… It has an icon debuff, carefully typed description and everything, so it’s very obviously not a mistake. To prevent potential lag by using it again after transformed maybe? xD

As said, an explanation would be nice. We’re all ears. <: )

in Clockwork Chaos

Thomassassinate.9370

@Nirvana, no update yet, and the only way for a good answer is contacting them through support, but when it comes to fixes and updates support tends to be hush hush about that incase they promise something that doesnt come true, or decide not to fix it.

@Ryu, that could be an idea, but i’d still prefer no minutes over 10 minutes. But thanks for agreeing that it definitly needs a fix. I remember i was excited too, i activated the tonic and noticed it said double click to deactivate and i wanted to test it, then i noticed the 25 minute timer and was like the heck?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Ahh, class identity. It takes me back to my childhood, playing Ragnarök… People would ask for some form of customization, other people would say that then it would be too hard to tell one class from another. Good old times (haha nope).

People will always complain. Still, I want more permanent tonics that can be used in battles, and ones that REALLY are permanent and that can be used in WvW. I would love a Kodan combat tonic, I would make a new character with a typical Kodan name and I would be a Kodan forever.

People that are bad at PvP will never understand the need to identify another class, the reason is because they will never understand PvP. Based on what you guys say they should just go ahead and remove all visual tells from PvP.

I don’t think any explanation would work. You either get it, or you don’t. I don’t think anyone expects much from the PvE crowd anyway.

in Clockwork Chaos

Gabby.3205

People that are bad at PvP will never understand the need to identify another class, the reason is because they will never understand PvP. Based on what you guys say they should just go ahead and remove all visual tells from PvP.

I don’t think any explanation would work. You either get it, or you don’t. I don’t think anyone expects much from the PvE crowd anyway.

Excuse me, but I’m quite decent at PvP and I identify classes by (obviously) attacks, summoned stuff, the way the dodge looks, the buffs they are using and even the speed they are running. I don’t need anything else at all and I don’t think class identification should limit customization.

It is not my fault (or anybody’s, really) if you need more visual hints than some of us do, so please refrain from making assumptions.

Tarnished Coast

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Excuse me, but I’m quite decent at PvP and I identify classes by (obviously) attacks, summoned stuff, the way the dodge looks, the buffs they are using and even the speed they are running. I don’t need anything else at all and I don’t think class identification should limit customization.

It is not my fault (or anybody’s, really) if you need more visual hints than some of us do, so please refrain from making assumptions.

lol you are making a fool out of yourself. It doesn’t matter to me. Anet isn’t stupid enough to allow stuff like this in any kind of pvp.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

If I could use it in WvW, I would understand the huge amount of downtime. Since I can’t why does it need to be so long?

Wait, I’ve got a better question. Since I can’t use it in WvW, why did I bother to get it in the first place?

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

in rift, we had costume slots that let us appear any way we wanted to, including in pvp. then, came the crying about “i can’t tell what class it is!” trion removed the ability to costume in pvp.

THEN came the outcry from pvpers — NOTICE, please, from the pvp crowd, NOT the pve crowd — that if people couldn’t recognize what a class was by the weapons used and the skills used, they didn’t need to be in pvp.

outcry was so huge that we were given back our ability to costume ourselves, anywhere.

in Clockwork Chaos

Gabby.3205

in rift, we had costume slots that let us appear any way we wanted to, including in pvp. then, came the crying about “i can’t tell what class it is!” trion removed the ability to costume in pvp.

THEN came the outcry from pvpers — NOTICE, please, from the pvp crowd, NOT the pve crowd — that if people couldn’t recognize what a class was by the weapons used and the skills used, they didn’t need to be in pvp.

outcry was so huge that we were given back our ability to costume ourselves, anywhere.

Pretty much this. People love to make excuses, you know. “I lost because I couldn’t tell if that character using pink magic and double swords was a mesmer or a warrior, since I couldn’t see the type of the armor”. It is a bit sad, to be honest.

lol you are making a fool out of yourself. It doesn’t matter to me. Anet isn’t stupid enough to allow stuff like this in any kind of pvp.

Because I can recognize classes by the other thousands of differences between them, and not only because of their armor?
You would make a drastic improvement in PvP if you paid more attention to the classes’s weapons and skins, really. Do not take that as a critique, but as a tip. When you see someone wearing light armor, you already have to decide if that person is a mesmer, a necromancer or an elementalist. Being able to hide the armor shouldn’t be such a big deal for you, since you already have to recognize the class by other characteristics.
So, again, why is this a problem and why exactly am I making a fool out of myself?

Tarnished Coast

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I wish they’d get rid of the CD too (or at least cut it back).

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

I don’t know about Rift but in GW2 there is this little icon next to the potrait that shows what class they are. People need to use it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Old thread but just to throw in my response.

I wouldn’t fully believe in the words of those in customer support. A good portion of the time they simply throw out copy paste responses or something along the same context.

Bug = “Thank you for contacting us, we have informed our engineers and they are working on it.”

Unless a dev specifically states it on the forum as an official response it shouldn’t be believed in.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Unahim.1036

Unahim.1036

What bothers me is that I wanted to use this to RP an Asura friend of mine’s personal assistant-bot, but with a 5m duration and 30m cooldown that is entirely impossible.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Maybe fixed isn’t the correct word to use. Maybe it needs changed. I hope it gets changed.

Color me disappointed when I first used it and realized it only lasts for 5 minutes. Color me even more disappointed when I realized it had a 30 minute cool down.

What were they thinking with such a useless item?

in Clockwork Chaos

Nirvana.8659

Maybe fixed isn’t the correct word to use. Maybe it needs changed. I hope it gets changed.

Color me disappointed when I first used it and realized it only lasts for 5 minutes. Color me even more disappointed when I realized it had a 30 minute cool down.

What were they thinking with such a useless item?

I’m sure that’s the effect the whole comunity experienced.
Yet,no one cares about give us answer like “is working as intended OR we will make it work this way blah blah”.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

I was pumped when I got this – finally something I’d use EVERY DAY from a big event! I was just about to go and create a new character that I’d use the tonic on constantly,…

…then I read about the 5 min. duration and 30 min. cooldown.

Now, like most of the other cra… erm, STUFF, I’ve gotten in events like this, it’s gathering dust in the bank. A-net, please fix so the tonic stays on until double-clicked, even if that’s 6 hours later. If you have to remove the effect on zoning/map traveling/instancing I understand (there’s probably a global effect that removes stuff like this based on what I’ve seen with speed boosts and the like), but at least let me “get back in character” immediately.

Thanks!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I was pumped when I got this – finally something I’d use EVERY DAY from a big event! I was just about to go and create a new character that I’d use the tonic on constantly,…

…then I read about the 5 min. duration and 30 min. cooldown.

Now, like most of the other cra… erm, STUFF, I’ve gotten in events like this, it’s gathering dust in the bank. A-net, please fix so the tonic stays on until double-clicked, even if that’s 6 hours later. If you have to remove the effect on zoning/map traveling/instancing I understand (there’s probably a global effect that removes stuff like this based on what I’ve seen with speed boosts and the like), but at least let me “get back in character” immediately.

Thanks!

On the flip side boosters and food/support items stay on when you waypoint out of a zone so there is a mechanic for that too.

What it comes down to is pure laziness and anet has demonstrated that quite a bit, sadly.