Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

We…get a week? :\

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Yep, that’s what it says.

Fun. A daily that can only be done if you’re lucky. Unless they changed Teakettle’s spawn window, there’s no way I can even catch one rising.

I don’t often complain about achievements, but this meta is just crazy. Anybody who plays only a few days per week must be either extremely lucky or just not even bother. I’ll be in the last category. I see Teakettle maybe once a month because he’s never up when I’m online.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Fun. A daily that can only be done if you’re lucky. Unless they changed Teakettle’s spawn window, there’s no way I can even catch one rising.

I don’t often complain about achievements, but this meta is just crazy. Anybody who plays only a few days per week must be either extremely lucky or just not even bother. I’ll be in the last category. I see Teakettle maybe once a month because he’s never up when I’m online.

I believe he’s going to spawn more often during this week.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’d hope so… The amount of times I’ve killed taco in an entire year can be counted on one hand… This meta will not be achieved by myself if it’s going to be the same usual spawning..

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

Next

Allow me to clear this up.

1. The meta will be available for 2 weeks.
2. The Tequat’l fight is permanent content; Rox and the dragon clue hunts will go away after 2 weeks.
3. “Boss Week” is a Shark Week joke.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

LadyRhonwyn.2501

So, he’ll spawn more often when I’m not online.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wyrmrider.1692

Wyrmrider.1692

I didn’t get it either.

I figured you were planning to maybe buff Jormag next week, and the Shatterer the week after, and…

/hint

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

2. The Tequat’l fight is permanent content; Rox and the dragon clue hunts will go away after 2 weeks.

Oh, I just wanted to ask stuff like that in my other thread I made. Thanks for the information.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Noodle.5974

Noodle.5974

And what exactly do you want? To get the meta achievement even though you aren’t playing? If you play less than average, I understand, you miss Tequatl. But these 2 weeks he will be appearing more often. If you can’t catch him at least few times, you don’t even deserve to get an achievement…

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Whoever gets the achieve for killing him should get 1000ap……

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raion.5280

Raion.5280

So no chance to get the wings after 2 weeks?

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Too bad you guys didn’t release this on Shark Week. It would have been glorious! xD

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Previous

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

Too bad you guys didn’t release this on Shark Week. It would have been glorious! xD

Sharks and World Bosses don’t get along. :P

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

LadyRhonwyn.2501

And what exactly do you want? To get the meta achievement even though you aren’t playing? If you play less than average, I understand, you miss Tequatl. But these 2 weeks he will be appearing more often. If you can’t catch him at least few times, you don’t even deserve to get an achievement…

Once. Yes. But there are 5 achievements and the other 4 must come from the dailies. I’ll have 9 chances. Today is out already. I won’t see him rising today. That’s 8 left. I play between 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours a day. How large is the chance that you can actually see a dragon rising in that time? Catching him twice on a weekend doesn’t count.

So, I don’t deserve the achievement because I’m unlucky in my play time.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

World Shark Boss Week is currently the working title for the patch that revamps the risen champion megalodon….

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

WTB megalodon world boss underwater battle with a chance for unique ascended skins

oh the tears

Disciple of Quag

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Thanks. And now with context, it’s actually not a bad joke.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

But what if there were a World Boss that was a shark?!?! :P

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

Sharknado confirmed as next world boss!!!!!

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tristam Green.9178

Tristam Green.9178

No pleasing some people.

Treant Reznor (GRD) | Phizixx (ELE) | Peter J Quill (THF) | Ninnymonger (ENG) | Carduus Nox (NEC)

[CERN] When Zergs Collide – Tarnished Coast born n’ bred

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Tristam Green.9178

Once. Yes. But there are 5 achievements and the other 4 must come from the dailies. I’ll have 9 chances. Today is out already. I won’t see him rising today. That’s 8 left. I play between 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours a day. How large is the chance that you can actually see a dragon rising in that time? Catching him twice on a weekend doesn’t count.

You win some, you lose some. I get to play around 2 hours a day and somehow, I’m able to make about 80% of the Living World meta-achievements.

Treant Reznor (GRD) | Phizixx (ELE) | Peter J Quill (THF) | Ninnymonger (ENG) | Carduus Nox (NEC)

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Sharks with laser beams attached to their heads. Yes, or yes?

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

LadyRhonwyn.2501

You win some, you lose some. I get to play around 2 hours a day and somehow, I’m able to make about 80% of the Living World meta-achievements.

I managed to make 100% of the LW meta-achievements so far. But none have been up to pure chance. Unless they halved Teakettle’s spawning time and window, with a max of 2 hours of play daily, chances are, you’ll never see him. And that’s the only thing that bothers me. Not that he might be difficult or easy or whatever, but simply that I won’t even be able to see him. And because of reasons I don’t have any influence over.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mherren.7560

mherren.7560

From what I have seen of the Tequatl fight, it is nearly impossible to win and I don’t believe the claims that some server has beat it. What happens if after the 2 weeks are up that nobody has beaten it? This is an epic fail on Arena Net’s part. We need better gear and weapons to beat the new Tequatl using any of the described tactics. If Arena Net keeps limiting our ability to fight and win and also limiting our ability to gear up, I will be done playing GW2. The fun of playing this game is getting ruined by the changes, in my opinion. I don’t think this post will make any difference though. I will be watching how these 2 weeks go and what the next event will be to decide if I continue to play this game or not. I would like to know who asked for higher difficulty with lesser chances to get better gear, it wasn’t me. Unless they nerf this dragon, I don’t think anyone will be getting any of the stated drops or rewards from the meta event. I had high hopes for GW2 after having such a good time playing the first Guild Wars. Those hopes are now diminishing after seeing the last few changes that have been made to the game.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarkSnowman.8527

DarkSnowman.8527

Actually there already are people with Sunless weapons, already saw claymore.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

I agree with you Lady. Quite the bummer there. However, recently with every single patch/update that comes out, there is an increasingly large crowd of idjits spouting “This content isn’t designed for you. GTFO.”

The more they spout this and other hostilities, they are only reducing the overall lifespan of the game by driving away players.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Tristam Green.9178

Pictures?

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Eowale.5389

Eowale.5389

It literally took me 20-30 minutes to get the first five achievments. Searched up guides and had them done very quickly. So there’s 4 dailies that you have chances on. Unfortunately, it’s either be lucky with the slim amount of time you are playing on or play more. ArenaNet is not just going to give you achievment and Sunless weapons if you don’t plan to work for it.

I’m not saying that you should play more, if you have other things to do during the day (work, school, family, other games) then that’s your choice, and I would personally pick work, school or family over playing this game. But that also takes away the chances of getting these achievments. Sorry but that’s how it is. Either you play more and actually try to get the achievments, or you don’t. I’m not saying this to be an a**hole, but that’s the unfortunate fact for people that do not play more than one or two hours per day. You won’t get all the things from this game that you want, because you don’t spend time on getting it. I don’t play this game enough so I won’t get the legendary greatsword that I’m drooling after. I could play this game eight hours a day, but I have other things to do besides that.

So that’s it. Either play more or be lucky. Or don’t play and end up not getting these achievments. Complaining about it on the forums isn’t going to get you anywhere. Get into the game and do something about it instead!

(edited by Eowale.5389)

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

inb4 Anet, pls buff Teq, Sunless weapons are to easy to get!

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

If it is about the LW achievement: I got the boss week achievement “Here Be Dragons” with killing the Inquest Mark II golem. Though it sounds like you have to slay Tequatl, slaying any world boss seems to suffice.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bookman.9260

bookman.9260

yeah the dailies are for any bosses, and they will probably change around what the requirements are, honestly I don’t think it will be too tough to get wings.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

From what I have seen of the Tequatl fight, it is nearly impossible to win and I don’t believe the claims that some server has beat it.

http://www.twitch.tv/flickky/c/2951634

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

If it is about the LW achievement: I got the boss week achievement “Here Be Dragons” with killing the Inquest Mark II golem. Though it sounds like you have to slay Tequatl, slaying any world boss seems to suffice.

You don’t have to slay Tequatl for the “Boss Week: Here Be Dragons” daily achievement. All you have to do is participate in the event (or other non-Teq world events) for it to count.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

So what you’re saying is you don’t play for at least a two hour period when you do play? Because if you do, you’re essentially guaranteed to face him.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Never heard of shark week, but thank you for clearing up the confusing name! I was also worried that we only had 1 week to do this content. Please don’t make names this confusing in the future.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

You don’t have to slay Tequatl for the “Boss Week: Here Be Dragons” daily achievement. All you have to do is participate in the event (or other non-Teq world events) for it to count.

Yeah, I cleared it for today by doing Shatterer, which is VERY easy to get into because it’s on a very rigid timer. Even if you only have an hour to play in a given day, chances are at least one boss event will be up someplace.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It literally took me 20-30 minutes to get the first five achievments. Searched up guides and had them done very quickly. So there’s 4 dailies that you have chances on. Unfortunately, it’s either be lucky with the slim amount of time you are playing on or play more. ArenaNet is not just going to give you achievment and Sunless weapons if you don’t plan to work for it.

Slim amount of time? 2 hours a day is a slim amount of time now? And I don’t mind working for my achievements, but give me at least a chance. I noticed they changed the text to include all world boss creatures, so it’s a bit better.

And I don’t even know what those sunless weapons are…. Drops never enticed me to play something. But I do like to finish Living Story meta achievements. For, you know, the achievement. If random chance keeps me from doing that, I simply don’t like it. If this update had come next week, you wouldn’t have heard me, even though I wouldn’t have been able to finish it then too. But that would have been because of my own choices.

So what you’re saying is you don’t play for at least a two hour period when you do play? Because if you do, you’re essentially guaranteed to face him.

He had appeared shortly (like a few minutes) before I came on. And he was just entering his window when I fell asleep on my keyboard so logged off. And that’s 2 hours in between.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

But what if there were a World Boss that was a shark?!?! :P

It is a safe bet that we get that with the deep sea dragon…

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

No pleasing some people.

You see it differently than some do.

If one is at work and the thing goes off ONLY THEN, one loses because one works?

GAH!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Natomi.9427

Natomi.9427

Well, I’ve taken part in the Teq fight and a successful Claw of Jormag fight, and still haven’t been awarded the ‘here be dragons’ daily. What am I doing wrong

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Wish the dragon hunt clues (teeth, scales, crystals) would remain with their achievements moved to Explorer. But aw well.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sunju.8310

Sunju.8310

Never heard of shark week, but thank you for clearing up the confusing name! I was also worried that we only had 1 week to do this content. Please don’t make names this confusing in the future.

Maybe, don’t be so ignorant in the future?

It’s not Anet’s job to pander to the uninformed. They chose a humourous name that the majority of players, half at the lowest, understand. That’s the kind of behaviour that should be given support! Especially when you get to learn something you didn’t even know was a thing! Learning anything is a gift, but if they pander to your wishes, then you’d be much less likely to be introduced to anything new or different. What a terrible state that would be shudders.

“A favourite war hero of mine got his tongue shot out.”
“How’d that happen?”
“He doesn’t talk about it.” – Stephen Fry

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

I’m just happy that you don’t actually have to defeat Tequatl to get the achievement Poke at the turret (just get on it in off hours), complete all 5 quests, “participate” in a fight 3 times and I can forget about this new horrible dragon thing

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aylis.6032

Aylis.6032

And if you are lucky i hope you A arent put into and over flow and B are on a server with the pop and ability to do it. Good luck.

Personally i hate the changes. Ive only been playing for a couple months so teq used to be a fun fight to me. Now well.. its just a not bother with anymore.

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Well, I’ve taken part in the Teq fight and a successful Claw of Jormag fight, and still haven’t been awarded the ‘here be dragons’ daily. What am I doing wrong

Yesterday’s Daily was specific in fighting ‘Teq, so yes the other bosses would not count. First one (Wed) allowed other bosses. I’ve not had a chance to see the current one yet, as I was in WvW before going to work this evening.

Read each daily carefully and see if you can dodge Teq in other ways to complete the ‘meta. Personally I’m having a much more fun time trying out the other bosses after their own revamp. Taidha was a particularly nasty surprise – who swapped her out for the WvW Veteran Supervisor??!? Owch!

As for LS itself, I’ve been kinda meh about it recently. Other then the Clockwork meta event, I’ve been taking time off for other things I’ve not done yet, like map completion and exploring the other classes (finally finishing that last with a new mesmer yesterday).

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Note for the others here, Today’s Daily does allow other bosses again – just did Shatterer for a point toward the ’meta. So it will probably alternate.

I do thank ArenaNet for giving us some options toward completing the meta achievements in other ways. As an exploration and general story nut (something I picked up from my time in Uru), I find this new format a lot more forgiving than the earlier versions.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: nadir.6534

nadir.6534

Omg I did 4 dailies and I totally forgot to do the other achievements. Are them still available in some way?

Boss 'Week'?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: nadir.6534

nadir.6534

Omg I did 4 dailies and I totally forgot to do the other achievements. Are them still available in some way?