Can we get Report AFK

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

It was one of the things that made sPvP very unfun for me.

Having people AFK, when I can’t even get guildys into map cause it’s full, is a bit…
It’s even more frustrating having them sit on turrets, thinking they funny trolls cause they don’t press the buttons.

Worst yet was 3 north turrets not doing anything except trying to make people mad in chat. Was 6mins on the clock when the dragon killed them and the turrets were used by people who pressed buttons.

Anyway, some way to report them, and non-priority them over players that actually care would really rock!

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

yea and for all the people who just lay there dead on the floor for the fight…:(

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

I have to disagree with the idea of reporting people for going AFK within PvE. There is no real way for you to know if someone is truly AFK, or if they have just chosen that spot to stand and chat with their friends for a while (which is perfectly fine with me, people should be allowed to do whatever they want, that’s what makes it a living real world). For example, if I saw someone sleeping for an entire night cycle then maybe that is just their way of playing (role playing) and they should be allowed.

I strongly believe in letting players play the way they want to play, and experience the PvE environment in any way they wish. If players going AFK is affecting your ability to win at a boss fight then it is Anet’s responsibility to change the boss fight, not the fault of the person who is playing their way (as has been promoted by Anet itself).

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Craziplaya.2103

Craziplaya.2103

Commanders should be given the ability to kick AFKers off turrets. These turrets are so crucial to the success, AFKers and trolls shouldn’t be allowed to do what they like on them. This would be the best way to deal with them. No long-standing penalty to anyone but a way to get the group on track.

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

Maybe a better solution would be to allow 2 – 3 players per turret…with each turret phased for each user. That way, if one person was truely afk or trolling, the other/s would make up for it somewhat.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

I have to disagree with the idea of reporting people for going AFK within PvE. There is no real way for you to know if someone is truly AFK, or if they have just chosen that spot to stand and chat with their friends for a while (which is perfectly fine with me, people should be allowed to do whatever they want, that’s what makes it a living real world). For example, if I saw someone sleeping for an entire night cycle then maybe that is just their way of playing (role playing) and they should be allowed.

I strongly believe in letting players play the way they want to play, and experience the PvE environment in any way they wish. If players going AFK is affecting your ability to win at a boss fight then it is Anet’s responsibility to change the boss fight, not the fault of the person who is playing their way (as has been promoted by Anet itself).

I agree wholeheartedly here. There’s an AFK timer built into the client, anyway. I find reporting AFK people or people who “kill champions out of turn” to be abuse of the report feature since neither activity is breaking the ToS.

As for turrets, perhaps add in a timer feature where afk/trolling players can only be on the turret for 10 sec at a time and a 5-sec cooldown between using the turret again, thus preventing a non-participant from camping a turret. This would require more people to pay attention to the turrets, anyway; repairing them, defending them, and manning them.

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: pantus.8539

pantus.8539

I disagree,
There was a quite well working reporting system in wow I think. If someone was afk you reported him, he got a notification that he was reported afk and he will be logged out if he won’t do sth in the next 3 min or sth like that. They have to make it spamproof, but it won’t hurt anyone and you can take care of the real afk guys.

And I don’t agree on making turrets afk proof that’s just patching things up, using a report afk system can help in the longrun. Especially if there will be more and more world bosses amped up and require some people to interact with crazy inventions in order to succeed.

(edited by pantus.8539)

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

And I don’t agree on making turrets afk proof that’s just patching things up, using a report afk system can help in the longrun. Especially if there will be more and more world bosses amped up and require some people to interact with crazy inventions in order to succeed.

Nowhere in the ToS is there a rule against Akitteng. I don’t see why reporting seemingly AFK people is needed when you have the automated checks in the system to begin with. Maybe those checks need to be tweaked for something like the Tequatl event, but with things as they are now, the GMs would be overwhelmed with hundreds of reports for the duration of this event. It’s more work than a living person needs when you have an automated system, already.

As for the turrets, my suggestion wasn’t just for the AFKers but also for the reported trolls who camp the turrets, mock the players, and shoot those very same turrets in the opposite direction of the dragon & players. Assuming the GMs are already being flooded with abuse reports (maybe some people are reporting AFK people as I’ve seen people talking about reporting other players who kill champs “outside of rotation” in farming areas), a timer on the turrets would also lessen the need, plus give other players who need the turret-based achievement a chance to get it. My turret suggestion would cover 3 separate issues.

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

I have to disagree with the idea of reporting people for going AFK within PvE. There is no real way for you to know if someone is truly AFK,

Pretty sure, Turret trolls saying “Were going to make you all fail, might as well quit the game now” Then 6 bone walls, no poison cleaned, is a good indicator. Then having them going on about how they can ‘report abuse’ for saying anything negative about them. That AFK play is supported in the game system. Quit the game if you don’t like it…

Tho I guess it’s not ‘true’ afk cause there at there keyboard. Just deliberately making it impossible for others. Could be ‘Denial of Service’ type wording I guess.

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“Commanders should be given the ability to kick AFKers off turrets.” And then you’ll have commanders trolling people.

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

How about a mechanism that moves AFK players to the nearest uncontested waypoint if they’ve been AFK for 5+ minutes before the event starts?

Can we get Report AFK

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Horus Nightlight.1276

Horus Nightlight.1276

Moving AFK players to nearest uncontested waypoint still prevents others interested in the event from getting into the map. So, the only solution I can still think of, like in WvW is to KICK them.