[GUIDE] Tequatl the Sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

I’ve decided to write a short but detailed guide on the fight with Tequatl. Some worlds, uncluding my own, still haven’t been able to kill him and I figured that every piece of information is welcome.

I’m not all-knowing so if you notice anything I missed or if you think I’m wrong, please feel free to correct me or to add to this guide.

Pre-event :

Organization is key in this fight. Any VoIP software helps a lot, but it’s not required if everyone knows what to do. Unless you are in an organized group, a lot of people will not be on VoIP so it never hurts to give some general guidelines before or during the fight. A lot of organization could also be done without VoIP if people atleast a few people know the fight, which is why I wrote this guide. Hopefully it will help the less organized events.

There should be atleast 5 groups with different tasks in this fight and sometimes it can help to add a 6th group. Only when Tequatl is stunned after the battery phase should everyone (except for turret users) rush to his claws and go melee (if available) DPS :

1. DPS ZERG A :
    A zerg that piles up near the left claw. It helps to stack on commander tags. If done right, you shouldn’t be moving all that much but it can still help to make a personal waypoint on the spot so you can move back there fast between phases. It matters where you pile up because the turrets need to be able to hit you to cleanse the poison clouds, so make sure you figure out the right spot before the fight! The elementalists in your zerg should be spawning ‘Ice Bow’ during the ranged fight and ‘Fiery Great Sword’ during the melee phase, make sure to pick them up! When you pick up an ‘Ice Bow’, just go through the skills and drop it. If you pick up a ‘Fiery Great Sword’, remember to untarget Tequatl and use your fourth skill, this does massive damage if aimed correctly (thanks to Haros for proper usage of summoned weapons).
  2. DPS ZERG B :
    Same as above, but near the right claw. Again it helps to use a commander tag for this or a personal waypoint.
  3. DEFENSE EAST :
    A group of 5 to 10 people.These turrets will get the brunt of the attack. Most mobs will come from the east and it’s beneficial to stop them before they get to close. This will help keep your eastern turrets safe. The bones sticking out of the ground there can function as a funnel for AoE dps. There will be a lot of mobs spawning right to the north of these turrets. Ignore them. At some point some mobs will come from the west side, so always have someone keep an eye out. Killing fingers that spawn between turrets is an absolute priority!
  4. DEFENSE WEST :
    A group of 8 to 15 people. These turrets will get less attention from mobs. The general strategy is the same as for the eastern turrets. Killing nearby fingers is very important
  5. TURRET USERS :
    There are 6 turrets, so 6 people to operate them. I have little experience here, so it’s best to consult other sources aswell (see sticky) and please correct me if I’m wrong below. The jist of it is that you cleanse the zerg with your third skill and buff them with the fourth and fifth skill. It’s also really important that you do your second skill on Tequatl when it’s off cooldown. If you don’t, a bone wall will appear which makes Tequatl invulnerable. This will slow down your kill by a fair margin. Your first skill has the lowest priority, but is still very useful. It will do a lot of damage if aimed at the head of Tequatl. Setting yourself a target on his head is pretty much required for this task.
  6. FINGER KILLERS :
    Not really needed. Most zergs can take care of the fingers themselves. It can help to assign a few people to do this, this will avoid overkill damage and people won’t need to switch targets.

These groups are mainly important during the stages when Tequatl is fighting back. As soon as the battery phase starts, everyone should rush to defend them. After a successful defense of the batteries, he will be stunned and all groups (except for the turret users) should rush to his claws to DPS him. As soon as he is no longer stunned, everyone should return to their original groups and tasks. But more on the fight itself later.

(edited by Ivonbeton.6814)

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

Getting ready : Class, utilities and gear.

If you are defending, anything goes but AoE damage and cripple helps a lot. If you want to DPS, PVT (power, vitality, toughness) is the way to go. You can’t crit on the Boss so precision and crit damage are wasted. On top of that, you will go down very fast in Berserker gear. As most of you already know, condition damage is subpar in big fights because of the stack limitations. I’m not saying PVT gear is required for everyone to make this fight work, but it’s the best option and if you want to help out and you that gear is in your bank, go for it! I’ll go into each class with more detail, but there are some general rules that apply here when it comes to which type of skills benefits your zerg the most :

• Reflect projectile skills
  • AoE damage skills (hit more than one spot on Tequatl)
  • Stability skills
  • AoE healing skills
  • AoE might skills

Elementalist

Elementalists are great in this fight. If you are an elementalist, start spamming “Summon Icebow” near the zerg even before the fight. If people pick it up but don’t use it yet, they will have an icebow when the fight starts. Keep using this skill whenever it gets off cooldown. You can also use “Summon Fiery Greatsword”, this weapon does nice damage, especially during the melee phase (more on that later). As an elementalist, you have a lot of access to AoE damage. This type of damage is great during this fight because you can hit more than one ‘hitbox’ of Tequatl. So make sure to use it. Elementalists can also equip a focus and use “Swirling Winds”, this skill destroys projectiles. Just like “Feedback” from a mesmer it can stop projectiles coming from each side, so it’s ideal to prevent your zerg from wiping on the poison (thanks to Haros for this tip).

Engineer

I’m not familiar with engineers, so this space is reserved for a future update.

Guardian

Guardians are invaluable for the DPS groups. They do decent damage on the Boss in PVT gear and they can supply healing and boons to their allies during the fight. There are a lot of viable options here, but I’ll point out some of the better ones. When it comes to weaponsets, staff and scepter are a great choice. Scepter does decent AoE damage while you can provide might and some healing with your staff. Utility wise reflect projectiles and stability skills are great. I usually take “Wall of Reflection”, “Shield of the Avenger” and “Stand Your Ground”. Put your reflect projectile skills between you and the fingers when they spawn. This will help your zerg a lot and prevent potential wipes. Use stability skills when there are waves coming towards your zerg. In an ideal scenario everyone should jump over them, but this is never the case. So stability helps those that can’t jump over or helps people to keep up their cast while they get surprised by a wave. As an elite skill I usually use “Tome of Courage” for massive healing. Traits are up to you, but considering a lot of utility skills are taken by stability and projectile reflect skills, I usually take the trait which removes conditions when I activate virtue of resolve. This is a great thing to have IF Tequatl fears everyone

Mesmer

The Mesmer provides two important utilities to the DPS zerg. The first one is Feedback, which is also a skill which reflects projectiles. The second one is “Time Warp”. This is especially great during the phase where Tequatl is stunned and you can hit him for more damage than you initially could. So try to make sure it is up when that phase hits.

Necromancer

The Necromancer is generally known for it’s condition builds, but with a power build it can do massive AoE damage to Tequatl. Just like the elementalist it can easily hit more than one spot with a lot of damage. Even when specced into condition, the damage is not that bad if AoE gets spammed. Might is great in this fight, so anything that gives might like “Blood is Power” can really add to your DPS. A great choice for your elite is “Lich Form”, when in Lich Form your base power is tripled and your attacks will hit like a truck (thanks to Mad Queen Malfide for this tip).

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

Ranger

Rangers also do reasonable DPS, but they might be better for defensive groups since they can apply plenty of cripple while doing reasonable AoE damage. Signet traited Rangers are also great on the turrets, their pet can function as a lightning rod and keep the poison away from the turret, saving you precious time to help the zerg (thanks to KehxD for this tip).

Thief

I main a Thief. Unfortunatly they are less useful in the DPS zerg than other classes. Most thieves don’t even have PVT gear, but even if they have, they bring little utility to the team and are still fairly squishy. Your best option as a thief is to be on a defensive team. I usually just go Berserker with shortbow and “Signet of Malice”. You could run the caltrops on dodge trait and/or “Caltrops”, but it’s really not needed if your defensive team works well. If you end up in the DPS zerg, go shortbow and use clusterbomb or go P/P with richochet trait. Besides that, “Smokescreen” is a great utility. It blocks projectiles and has a fairly low cooldown. It can also be used to stealth yourself and allies when needed. This really only applies if you have the correct traits (like the one that heals allies when you stealth them) and you need to hit the field with a clusterbomb. It should go without saying that “Shadow Refuge”, one of the best utilities of the thief, is a great tool here. “Heartseeker” does reasonable damage on Fingers and can be spammed due to the initiative mechanic, so bursting down a Finger of Tequatl can work great with a Thief if you spam “Heartseeker” on it (Thanks to PopeUrban for pointing this out).

Warrior

Warriors have one utility that is really great in this fight. Namely their elite skill “Battle Standard”. It is very likely that a zerg will have a lot of downed players and “Battle Standard” gets them all up. Don’t waste it on just a few people that can easily get revived. Warriors are also perfect for the small finger killing groups. Melee damage is the best way to deal with the fingers and this way they can still use their “Battle Standard” when they see the zerg being downed and they can still add to the DPS while Tequatl is stunned.

The Fight! Don’t let him get away this time!

Phase one – Getting him to 75%

This is probably the hardest and most demotivating part of the entire encounter. Don’t give up, this can easily take more than 10 minutes. Use icebows that spawn, try to instantly revive downed players unless there are too many (then they will get rallied by a “Battle Standard”) and try to either jump over the waves or dodge them. Also remember to kill the Fingers of Tequatl when they spawn close to your zerg. Keep up the DPS , the faster you get him to 75%, the more likely it is you will kill him (Duh) !

Phase two – Protect the batteries!

This is usually not a big problem. Everyone should spread out and defend the batteries. It could help to send one commander to each battery. Remember that the Mega Laser also needs a lot of defense. If I see the chance, I switch out my utilities for this fight and take a lot of crowd control. Cripple, immobilize and blind all work great here. North gets a lot of wurms (I forgot the correct term), stomp them if you can! East will be hit by a lot of Bloated Creepers, try to slow them or stop them before they hit the battery. When there are only 20 seconds left for this event and you think that the batteries will be safe, rush to tequatl as fast as you can.

Phase 3 – He is stunned!

After Tequatl got hit by the battery, he will be stunned and will take five times as much damage as normal. During this stage EVERYONE (except for turret users) should rush to his feet and go melee on them. Both zergs should stack on the claw on their respective sides, stack might and use “Time Warp” and go to town on it.

Once he gets out of the stun, return to your original positions. If you did enough damage, these phases will repeat themselves in a very rapid succession. If not, you will need to DPS him down to 50% before a new cycle starts.

Disclaimers:

- I am not a native English speaker, so any blatant grammatical errors can be pointed out. I won’t be offended and I’ll take the opportunity to adjust this guide.

- I mainly play Guardian and Thief, so the class section might not be that detailed for some classes. Any help or advice would be great. I’m especially looking for advice on weapon sets and builds for different classes. Leave a message here, or pm me ingame at : Mirri Sterling or Tormin Steelgrip. Cheers!

EDIT: Will edit tomorrow with other info given, keep it coming!

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

Looks like it didn’t turn out so short as I intended… lol.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hippoid.6904

Hippoid.6904

Good work – covers most of what I have learnt. Maybe add “WP IF DEAD” – should be obvious but there are always a few…

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

Good work – covers most of what I have learnt. Maybe add “WP IF DEAD” – should be obvious but there are always a few…

Haha, I’ll add it just to be sure. I also seem to have forgotten buffs, I’ll add a section about that tomorrow. Thanks!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Haros.4297

Haros.4297

Additional hint for attack eles – Equip focus and try to chain swirling winds up with other elementalists. It will stop a lot of poison from reaching the zerg. It might work better than guardian walls because it is a circle (or maybe it even works as a sphere).

With ice bows it is usually better to just drop it after using 4. Glyph of storms is also ok in water and air. With FGS during stun phases remember to untarget Tequatl. The trail you leave using 4 deals a lot of damage.

Additional things I found out from the stream :
- The mobs attacking the turrets don’t spawn during the first 60 seconds of the fight -seems consistent with my experience, you might direct some part of defense for an initial strike too speed up the first phase.
- The mob waves apparently spawn ~every 90 seconds – might be useful for knowing if the defense needs to come back sooner during the stun phase

Elonora Aros [TxS] | Piken Square

(edited by Haros.4297)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

As a necromancer who recently defeated Tequatl, I highly recommend Lich Form for the high DPS that it delivers. Well of suffering is also good, although our teams tended to stay at ranged distance. Bring Blood is Power for the might stacking. You want your might to be as high as possible at all times.

This is another good piece of advise. The zergs can best not go close combat right away. Stay at a distance, so your turrets can hit you (test this before the battle), and tell the turrets when poison needs to be cleansed through Team Speak or other software. Not until the laser blasts Tequatl, does everyone charge in and go close combat (best to run in 15 seconds before the laser actually fires). When Tequatl recovers, back away again to your positions.

It can also be very important to take out any champions lingering near the batteries. If you have extra time left, use that time to clean up remaining champions. And of course, spam icebows like crazy. Just go through skills 2,3,4, and drop the bow. Don’t wait for the skills to recharge, just keep fighting.

We had about 35 people on the left and right side of Tequatl, to attack his front legs. It is important to have a high number of people for the frontal assault. If the people on the turrets do their job, the bonewall should never go up at all.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Couple notes on Thieves in this fight:

On defense (turrets/batteries):
Bring caltrops and shadow refuge, if you mainhand a dagger, keep in mind that heartseeker’s damage bonuses work on the claws, making you an extremely adept claw killer. If any claws pop up near your turrets, drop a shadow refuge on whichever turret you feel is most likely to get the poison pool, and break off from mob defense to go hit it. Chances are you’re the best person in the defense group to quickly burst down any rogue fingers that the zerg misses. The shadow refuge will grant a bit of HP to the turret user, but more importantly, it’ll grant a nice long stealth. The stealth won’t hide the turret operator from the finger, but it WILL hide it from any mobs that you may have accidentally drawn past the defense team when you went after the finger.

If you’re not packing a shortbow, you should be, and you should be spamming unexploded cluster bombs at all of the defense team’s fire and water fields, to keep up AoE healing and might. In a pinch, drop your caltrops to slow down any errant mobs, or drop it on any turret that you see under attack.

If defending batteries, all of the above tips apply, though in these situations shadow refuge is a better bet to help up downed people.

On offense:
Shortbow, shortbow, shortbow

The auto alone hits multiple targets, which automatically makes it your best weapon for hitting tequatl. If your zerg isn’t maxing out might on its own, make sure to hammer fire fields with unexploded cluster bombs to help increase everyone’s DPS. Your DPS may suffer, but adding another 5 stacks of might to 5 people means that you just added much more damage to the fight than you lost.

Also, if you’re specced at least 20 points in to deadly arts, its a good idea to swap to Improvisation. Personally I use this trait religiously all the time, but a lot of people don’t like it. For THIS fight however, it does two things that are extremely helpful no matter what your build is:

1. Chance to recharge utilities
No matter where you are in this fight, you will be using shadow refuge to res someone. as long as you keep up your steals you might get to skip some skill cooldowns for your stunbreak as well (bonus points for using roll for initiative as the break to maximize proc chance

2. Additional bundle damage
As the OP noted, eles will be dropping ice bows, and the skillset on the ice bow will do more overall damage while you wield it than your shortbow. Improvisation increases all damage while you’re holding any bundle (like an ice bow or flaming greatsword from eles) by 10%. DPS is DPS, and if you’re packing improv, you just became the king of all icebow users.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Any tips for Engineer would be appreciated if anyone has them

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KehxD.6847

KehxD.6847

Really nice strategy guide! Though, normally I prefer to have 8-12 people on left defense and 12-15 on right defense.
Also I would add that a signet traited ranger is the best one on turrets. Most of the time, the poison of the fingers will be put beneath the pet that is running around, so you get less attention. Also if it happens, you can always leave the turret for a second, do invulnerability and attend the tower again, so basically loosing no skills and no time. ^^
Thanks for posting this! Let’s get it across, so everyone knows about it xD

Founder and former leader of TxS Community! For more information, please look here =)
http://www.reddit.com/r/txs

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

Guide updated with some, if not most, of the tips already added in the comments. Thanks for your contribution guys!

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

If this guide helped you or if you think it could help some people, help it stay alive by adding a comment. If that happens, I will keep updating it. If not, let it drown on the forums!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Destroyer Bravo.5391

Destroyer Bravo.5391

For engineers you want conditionades in the back, but might stackers w/ bomb kits kits or flamethrowers, Elixer B, and ELIXIR R (for res, and dodging alot is very useful if you double dodge the waves or whatever). I play a conditionades, so not sure what the build for mightstacker is.

EDIT: Did find a build —> http://xmesa.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/gw2-engineer-might-stacking-build/

(edited by Destroyer Bravo.5391)

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

For engineers you want conditionades in the back, but might stackers w/ bomb kits kits or flamethrowers, Elixer B, and ELIXIR R (for res, and dodging alot is very useful if you double dodge the waves or whatever). I play a conditionades, so not sure what the build for mightstacker is.

EDIT: Did find a build —> http://xmesa.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/gw2-engineer-might-stacking-build/

I’m fairly clueless when it comes to engineer, what do you mean with “you want conditionades in the back”?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I play Necromancer and have been on the East-most turret. All turret operators should be using Mango Pies because they are the only heal you can give yourself short of releasing the turret. Necromancers are also a decent choice for turrets because (a) they are likely to have PVT gear with a similar build and (b) they have naturally high health.

Having a water Ele near by for spike heals on turret operators is also recommended and I found, only if on a turret, Consume Conditions is worth more than Well of Blood. Releasing the turret, punching Consume Conditions, and dropping Well of Power can get me back on while the support team addresses the undead invasion or finger problem.

Turret operators should be in groups so your group members can watch your health and know when to repair the turret, rez, and sub for you if you go all the way down. At least one person from the support group should hang closer to the turret to address fingers and support while the others work on champions.

Buff your own turret for time warp. I just learned this after last night’s attempt.

Everyone should trait and equip for boon duration and might stacking. We all know to forget about precision and crit bonus but 3 pairs of boon or might duration runes do not cost that much and can really get your might stack high. As a Necro, I have been using might and boon duration runes along with Blood is Power and Well of Power for both 10 stacks of might and vigor. On the turret, BiP is useless but in the dps zerg you should have cool down for wells traited and be spamming BiP as often as it comes off CD.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A minor bit I learned in a series of Tarnished Coast fights yesterday: Turret Defenders need to prioritize mobs. Intercept them well away from the turrets, keep an eye out for fingers spawning while dealing with the mobs. Champions eat up your combat resources, so kite them away from turrets while other defenders kill the smaller attackers. Grubs are nasty. They fling poison all over. A champion grub is urgent to deal with (we had one attempt that was solid except for a champ grub nomming the southeast turrets to death).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

For turrets, having passive heals is REALLY good. This makes Warrior (Healing Signet), Guardian (Virtue of Resolve) and Ele (Soothing Mist/Signet of Restoration) all good choices for turret operators.
Of these, ele and warrior are generally better off in the main dps zerg, which leaves guards on turrets.
Traiting boon duration/healing guardian will give the best result here as your increased boon duration will give longer might, vigor, regen and protection to the DPS zerg while maintaining high survivability through passive healing. You also have a passive block every 40s, and can drop the turret for a second to place reflect walls as needed if Teq’s Fingers get too close.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I hate to put War, Guard, or Ele on turret instead of doing dps. One Elementalist can run around the East or West turrets doing big heals and help mop up invaders. All others should be in the dps zerg.

From another thread, there are a few other tips about turret operation. The turrets can get bugged where skills activate and go on cool-down but nothing comes out of the business end. Watch for it and, if you see it happen, release, then reacquire the turret to fix it. The first time I operated a turret, I had no idea it became bugged for close to an entire minute. That resulted in a bone wall and most of the zerg dying, though I was probably not the only gunner having difficulties, then.

Tequatl will shake target lock pretty frequently. Practice double right-clicking to reacquire a lock on him. Even then, it may be difficult to restore your target lock but keep trying. Preventing a bone wall is paramount because even one causes the event to fail due to the delay.

When Tequatl is stunned, use #4, Hylek Elixir, on yourself and spam #1 at its head but do not forget to use #4 on the dps zerg. Skills #2, 3, and 5 are not necessary. In fact, #2 does no damage to Teq – it only removes scales.

If your leaders are not calling for a cleanse and you see a poison cloud near them, you clean that cloud up instead of dropping another cleanse on top the zerg. Do this only if turrets are all working correctly, though. Not having a cloud of poison right next to the zerg helps those dodge-rolling through, or getting swept by, the waves.

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

I hate to put War, Guard, or Ele on turret instead of doing dps. One Elementalist can run around the East or West turrets doing big heals and help mop up invaders. All others should be in the dps zerg.

I agree with you on that. I’ve done about 8 organised runs with different groups so far and I think we had flaweless defense on 6 or 7 of them. I’m usually defending east and rarely do we have an elementalist there and if we do, he is the only one. Turrets should really be fine if you make sure to catch the mobs in time and if you focus the fingers.

One mistake a lot of people make, is pulling the mobs that spawn at the waypoint to east. But those mobs usually go to west or just roam around. Pulling them makes it a lot harder. I think only during the second turret defense stage after about a minute, do some mobs usually come and attack the most western turret of the east turrets. Besides that, it’s mostly enough to gib the finger and funnel the mobs near the bones in the east.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hecatonchir.9326

Hecatonchir.9326

I’m surprised there isn’t anything about portals here, everyone loves mesmer portals, and knows that they’re amazing when used right. All it takes is 6 or 7 mesmers and you can move literally the entire zerg to teq. I use portals to avoid the first wave entirely, more dps getting put on teq without people getting dropped and losing thier ice bows. I also use mesmer portals at the end of each megalaser defence to let the defenders stay a little bit longer and make sure that the whole zerg gets in place to attack teq during the stun. Of the fights that I’ve participated in I’m the only commander I’ve seen do this, and it works amazingly for getting everyone in place on time and dealing damage (because we all like numbers.)

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

I’m surprised there isn’t anything about portals here, everyone loves mesmer portals, and knows that they’re amazing when used right. All it takes is 6 or 7 mesmers and you can move literally the entire zerg to teq. I use portals to avoid the first wave entirely, more dps getting put on teq without people getting dropped and losing thier ice bows. I also use mesmer portals at the end of each megalaser defence to let the defenders stay a little bit longer and make sure that the whole zerg gets in place to attack teq during the stun. Of the fights that I’ve participated in I’m the only commander I’ve seen do this, and it works amazingly for getting everyone in place on time and dealing damage (because we all like numbers.)

I agree that portals can be handy. However, to be really useful it requires some coordination because in most zergs people just run back whenever they feel like they can or whenever they see other people moving to the next stage.

On top of that, 90% of the DPS zerg will be in position and they will have plenty of time to summon weapons and buff might if they defended well and left in time. So I think it’s more of a convenience than anything else. Unless your defense was going poorly and you had to stay a lot longer than needed.

So I’m not convinced it is worth giving up a utility slot for. I might add it though, because it can never hurt to give those stray people a fast return button. THanks for your contribution!

(If I were to update this guide, I would also elaborate some more on how to defend and leave in time, but I was unsure if I was going to update this guide because responses were dieing down and it dropped out of sight)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: incandescence.6784

incandescence.6784

Great guide, thank you.

One thing I have noticed on the turrets is that if you spam the skill button it will cause the shot to misfire. The skill will proc, but no shot will go out. So you really have to wait until the cool down is actually over before pressing the skill button again if you want your turret skills to actually fire.

For thief, when Tequatl is in his vulnerable mode, pop haste and daggerstorm for big damage followed by as many point blank clusterbombs as you can manage. Daggerstorm is also nice to have in your zerg if you start having fingers around you or mobs running into the zerg, it will hit Teq and anything around your zerg and is enough to mostly take out a finger by itself.

I think the coordination aspect of this fight is way overstated by most people. If your turrets do a semi-competent job you will win if you have enough people in your dps group. If you don’t have enough people in your dps group you can’t win anyway. And you need about 100 people in your dps group. 80 at a minimum, if you want to win.

It’s really not a coordination thing, when I have seen Teq beaten it wasn’t because the coordination was better than many fail attempts, it was just because there were enough active participants there to make winning possible.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Where are people getting the idea that if there are not many people defending the turrets, the champions won’t spawn? It’s completely false. The last three times I tried it failed because of this rumor. The last time I just left before the fight even started because I knew it was going to be a waste of time.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Was it east or west? Because on east AFK players standing on the platform triggers the mobs and scale up the event to Champions. I knows it BS but there are always ppl who AFK.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

Where are people getting the idea that if there are not many people defending the turrets, the champions won’t spawn? It’s completely false. The last three times I tried it failed because of this rumor. The last time I just left before the fight even started because I knew it was going to be a waste of time.

Just to be clear, I never said anything like that. I’ve always had champions spawn, so I wouldn’t even know if it were true. Not sure who you are replying to

One thing I have noticed on the turrets is that if you spam the skill button it will cause the shot to misfire. The skill will proc, but no shot will go out. So you really have to wait until the cool down is actually over before pressing the skill button again if you want your turret skills to actually fire.

Really? That’s pretty silly if it’s true. Rather vital information, so I’ll definitly add it if I update it, thanks!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s not about whether they spawn or not but how much more difficult they are to kill when they’re scaled up.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: incandescence.6784

incandescence.6784

Had another suggestion, or tip, that even many experienced Teq slayers do not seem to understand:

If you stand east of Tequatl, there is a little island there, if you stand just in the water off the island and range dps his paw you cannot be hit with waves. This is just barely within the 900 distance, so all ranged can work from here. This is the place where the zerg should stack, but it rarely does so. The one argument against it that I have heard is that if you stand on the island itself you do not get hit with whirlpool… but I have seen whirlpool take down people on the island, so I don’t think that’s any difference.

Especially for the first 25% (when whirlpool is mostly not an issue), if the zerg just stack on this spot, nobody has to worry about the waves, everyone just stands there and dps him down quickly. It also puts you a little farther to the edge of the bone fingers circle around Teq so it is slightly less poison you have to deal with.