Great Job Anet - and I'm very sincere!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

Thank you for bringing a real epic fight to the game! I can see the huge potential of how people will have to work cooperatively and strategize to win this battle, as opposed to just deal damage.

We didn’t win on SBI’s first try, and sadly, there are some that are already complaining it’s unbeatable (which is pretty funny when they’ve tried it all of one time) but I am sure we will get there, we just need to learn to work TOGETHER!

Thank you for all the hard work that obviously went into this!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Yeah! If we work together, we will take out the other 90% of his health!

Glorious Human Master Race

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dakan.9463

Dakan.9463

I second this. This finally feels like a real fight. Tequatl is a threat now and losing has consequences yay

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Orange.9701

Orange.9701

if you have a life, it is not so epic waste time when the event fails.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zorric.5704

Zorric.5704

Too much backlash for something that just came out! I too thought this event was great and the server tried so hard to beat him. It was hilarious! Thanks Anet!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lasur Arkinshade.4107

Lasur Arkinshade.4107

Oh, please. Whenever any MMO has hard content, people pull out the ‘I have a life’ card. No. Stop. This content’s difficulty and how much of ‘a life’ you have have no connection. Stop complaining and learn the fight, please.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: unknowable.8470

unknowable.8470

VERY VERY happy with this fight… I was so worried it would be faceroll.

Frankly zerker builds are 90% pointless in this fight and support/aoe and general utility builds will be far more important.
Can’t wait to do this again when people are trying harder and getting a better idea of the mechanics.

Stupid people on turrets and people just rushing to do the same thing that they always did were what stopped my overflow from getting past 90%… This will change and players will learn.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

Dude. I can’t +1 this post enough. ily<3

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ghaz.9267

Ghaz.9267

I hope Arenanet remembers that this content was not meant for disorganized pugs to complete and is meant for people who can organize and do things like Liadri or Tribulation mode. I just don’t want them to nerf it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

This is exactly what I was hoping for.

I watched a couple of people attempt him for the first time and it seemed to me exactly how any first attempt at any good raid boss in WoW would go. No one really knows what’s happening and lots of people dying all over the place. I’m fairly confident that given time well organized groups will be able to beat him but it’ll be an epic event (Could take some larger guilds coordinating). I just hope that once they do they are well rewarded for their efforts.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Varu.1063

Varu.1063

Never been so happy to be beaten to a pulp, this was awesome.

Exalted [CoAW]
SFR

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TDWIG.9712

TDWIG.9712

Many people in CD really enjoyed it, people screaming in map chat “THIS IS WHAT I BOUGHT THE GAME DAY 1 FOR!!” Finally an epic group fight. My entire guild seemed to love the changes.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

We didn’t win on SBI’s first try, and sadly, there are some that are already complaining it’s unbeatable (which is pretty funny when they’ve tried it all of one time) but I am sure we will get there, we just need to learn to work TOGETHER!

This is so alien to your average casual gamer that if you told them that to their face they’d probably think you’ve descended from another planet.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: EoNenmacil.2361

EoNenmacil.2361

I loved the fight! It was hard, and required players to work together. More fights like this please.

2nd Officer of Ethereal Guardians ~Syinne Rio~

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Zhaitan is not even in 5% as difficult as his minion…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

That was totally fun! Great job. So much more fun than it was before.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Orange.9701

Orange.9701

Oh, please. Whenever any MMO has hard content, people pull out the ‘I have a life’ card. No. Stop. This content’s difficulty and how much of ‘a life’ you have have no connection. Stop complaining and learn the fight, please.

events must be well measured, otherwise alienate persons from doing so.
the event is not as spectacular as the trailer has suggested, it is ugly and difficult, and a waste of time if it fails.
Why would I do that?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ghisteslohm.7803

Ghisteslohm.7803

The event takes 15-20 minutes. Life is no argument for such a short time. 15 minutes is nothing.
MMOs steal hundreds of hours away from you. If you have little time then MMOs are the wrong genre for you.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I saw a Anet guy while doing this. Didnt recall his name. but i stayed near him coz i assume hed know something on how not to die in that :P

Anyhow, that was fun. Really. Yea we fail, and I think likely almost all did… but hey, if this means the end of mindless dps dps dps, then im all for it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kaphei.7096

Kaphei.7096

the event is not as spectacular as the trailer has suggested, it is ugly and difficult, and a waste of time if it fails.
Why would I do that?

Why do you play videogames?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Why would I do that?

You do it for the glory!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

My map (well all three of them after DCs) failed. For freaking once! It’s time we had bosses worth the name “boss”.

Good job ANet.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Dragons should be difficult to kill.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: timestandstill.8964

timestandstill.8964

Awesome fight. I’m glad it isn’t easy.

Rely on iron, not false gods.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

15 mins wasted. People waste hours watching television, gaining nothing but weight.

Here is a solution. Don’t fail.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: hound.1489

hound.1489

loved it myself and all got was a repair bill to show for it. Now all Anet needs to do is stop the champ trains

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

Dude. I can’t -1 these posts enough.

I guess “fun” is just face rolling stuff by pressing 1 repeatedly to collect loot…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Oh please its 15 minutes of your time ….. lol

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I believe that most of us go to college, work or perhaps both. That “I have a life” argument is mighty poor.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Deimos.9285

Deimos.9285

Keep up this style of event for the other major bosses and I will love you forever and ever. <3

I am Death incarnate.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

I guess “fun” is just face rolling stuff by pressing 1 repeatedly to collect loot…

Oh mai gawd. You my fine sir are totally right. Since you apparently know everything about me. <3

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Yeah I find the new encounter much more in keeping with the ethos that dragons are to be feared and are not easy meat for the kitten-kitten zergathons.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

It was SO AWESOME!
We couldn’t even get to 90% of Teq’s health, but it was so much fun! I loved the fight and I can’t wait to try it again and to try the other bosses, too!

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Oh mai gawd. You my fine sir are totally right. Since you apparently know everything about me. <3

My friend, if you dress like a cop, act like a cop and talk like a cop, most of the people will assume you’re a cop.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

I am done with it, for now.

I expected it to be hard but not 5% in 15 min hard. I thought it would at least get to 50% on a fail. I will just wait a few weeks and see what happens. Otherwise its a waste of time and silver at the moment.

This is the flip side of hard content. Especially on this scale. People came to see the event and because they were not even close to beating it they got discouraged and left. Many of them wont try again. the more people that throw their hands up and don’t try again, the less often we will have our 100 bodies needed to beat this. You wont see these people back till it is on farm mode again. and because of that It may never be. I’ll take a look when I get off work.

But I have to agree, if it takes me 15 minutes to fail repeatedly and build up a nice repair bill I likely will not break my neck to get to the event in the future. I still have 10 ascended weapons to grind.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

I am done with it, for now.

I expected it to be hard but not 5% in 15 min hard. I thought it would at least get to 50% on a fail. I will just wait a few weeks and see what happens. Otherwise its a waste of time and silver at the moment.

This is the flip side of hard content. Especially on this scale. People came to see the event and because they were not even close to beating it they got discouraged and left. Many of them wont try again. the more people that throw their hands up and don’t try again, the less often we will have our 100 bodies needed to beat this. You wont see these people back till it is on farm mode again. and because of that It may never be. I’ll take a look when I get off work.

But I have to agree, if it takes me 15 minutes to fail repeatedly and build up a nice repair bill I likely will not break my neck to get to the event in the future. I still have 10 ascended weapons to grind.

Hmm… I disagree because this is something that has never been done before. It’s basically premium content and hardcore players will continue to beat their heads against the wall to do content like this just for the sake of being able to say they’ve done it. You see this in just about every MMORPG ever, where there is a small group of hardcore players that are willing to go to extreme lengths to accomplish these difficult tasks. The community tends to rally around these players with support.

This is what the game has been lacking, that really difficult content that hardcore players can cut their teeth on and casuals can try and then follow along with those that finally master the content. It creates a sense of community and purpose to have content that’s more than just “commit X hours to farming and get X item”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

I think its evident from the lack of progress in the alloted timeframe that the event is done “wrong”, there is most likely a right way that will have better progress and to assume that this “right” way is discovered in the first attempt is optimistic at best…

Still waiting for a source for the “Rune of the Sunless” mentioned…

edit: Ok found it, yeah that rune set was weird.

(edited by aeneq.1760)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Draven.7210

Draven.7210

I LOVE IT! Just watched everyone get smashed. Mostly people are standing right under Teqs foot or nearby and get destroyed. lol

Dodging and general situational awareness is going to make or break you no the front lines. As for the gunners, all I can say is I hope they get better at doing what they need to do. The fight seems impossible without their cooperation fully.

Failure never felt so good. Thank you ANet for finally buffing Teq! Dragons should be kicking our asses! Tons of fun!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

Finally a thread that is more positive about all of this! I’ve been looking for one because I was getting sort of worried the event would die before I got home to try it. The challenge sounds like fun and it just means that it won’t be the Scarlet event all over again where people would just sit there and farm the mobs without trying for completion (or at least I am hoping it doesn’t turn out to be like that event again).

It sounds like, from what I’ve read, this fight forces players to do what the game the game was designed for: dodge and work with large groups of people towards a common goal (or at least what the events where for).

Now, I really can’t wait to get home and try the event out

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Yeah! If we work together, we will take out the other 90% of his health!

Wait a minute….YOU ARE BEING SARCASTIC!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Let’s see how you guys feel in a couple weeks.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Good job Anet, there should be some hard content in this game Dont listen to the whine, they will get over it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

I really like this. Now can we have Zhaitan like this?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

I really like this. Now can we have Zhaitan like this?

Err, and have only five people down him? No thanks.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Amazing fight, more please. I’m good with the learning by failure.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dystopiq.5218

Dystopiq.5218

I hope Arenanet remembers that this content was not meant for disorganized pugs to complete and is meant for people who can organize and do things like Liadri or Tribulation mode. I just don’t want them to nerf it.

You’re joking right? Neither of those things require Organization. TM is pure trial and error and memorizing where traps are.

Liadri was 1v1 and simply required knowing your class and her move set.

I want to know if ANet devs beat Tequatl during internal testing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

While I loved the fight and I am sure some scaling might be needed uhuuumm Boss’s hp …..uhmmm…clears throat
I dont agree with the point of “There are now consequences”
Real consequences would mean something along the lines of Lions arch sunken under water Or possibly a Server Wide debuff of something.
Spawning fish heads in a small area where no one stay after the boss is gone isnt exactly consequences….

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dasmordo.9654

Dasmordo.9654

Indeed, good job Arena Net. I missed boss progression like this quite a bit. ^^ Especially cause these guys are dragons after all.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

The two Overflows that failed couldn’t get it to 75%. Other than failing, this is exciting content; when I read the Achievements, before Tequatl spawned, I was excited at the prospect of similar improvements to the other dragons. After the fight, I was impressed, I really look forward to finally killing it. Kinda reminds me of the sense of achievement from taking Altdorf in Warhammer Online.