How awesome it is to fail.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfgang sithermont.1360

Wolfgang sithermont.1360

Fail the batteries that is.

Because this happens. And then everyone dies.

And it was glorious.

Attachments:

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

it’s a wave

a wave of tears from the spam 1 world boss farmers

Disciple of Quag

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

I actually wish it happened on all fails. Such a spectacle.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

it’s a wave

What do you think it took BG to zerg down Teq? Sitting in 1 spot using all your damage skills over and over while the turrets buff you till each of the 25%, 50%, 75% phases pop up? Anyone who thinks this is much different is blind.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

it’s a wave

What do you think it took BG to zerg down Teq? Sitting in 1 spot using all your damage skills over and over while the turrets buff you till each of the 25%, 50%, 75% phases pop up? Anyone who thinks this is much different is blind.

Very true.

There is more to it obviously. Those people have to know to dodge out of the way of the waves, and not stick too long in a poison puddle. And the groups on turrets need to be well coordinated to keep up those buffs and poison removals.

But after that, it’s basically just boss DPS 101. Stack and spam attacks.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

sirflamesword.3896

it’s a wave

Very true.

There is more to it obviously. Those people have to know to dodge out of the way of the waves, and not stick too long in a poison puddle. And the groups on turrets need to be well coordinated to keep up those buffs and poison removals.

Watching the BG video, most of their DPS people DID’NT dodge the waves and stayed in the poison and went down multiple times. It was actually kinda sad that basically all it took to defeat him was 100+ people standing as close together as possible, and 6 competent people on the turrets that knew to hit Teq with 2 every time it was up and to cleanse/buff the zergball as much as possible. Oh and a few people to kill the risen around the turrets.

What they should do instead of “nerfing” Teq, is to cut his health by 1/2, make him do his Wave about twice as much in the first phase, increase the poison, whirlpools. Double/triple the amount of risen going after the turrets. Keep the defending of the megalazer and such(I really like how they added a new dimension to the boss fight). Basically what I’m saying is to increase the rate of his normal attacks making it harder to just stand and DPS him, while also decreasing his health to make it reasonable to be able to kill him while dodging/rezzing/killing risen.

Edit: Added my ideas on how to make this a fun fight, not a DPS check.

(edited by sirflamesword.3896)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dendail.4896

Dendail.4896

it’s a wave

Very true.

Watching the BG video, most of their DPS people DID’NT dodge the waves and stayed in the poison and went down multiple times. It was actually kinda sad that basically all it took to defeat him was 100+ people standing as close together as possible, and 6 competent people on the turrets that knew to hit Teq with 2 every time it was up and to cleanse/buff the zergball as much as possible. Oh and a few people to kill the risen around the turrets.

What they should do instead of “nerfing” Teq, is to cut his health by 1/2, make him do his Wave about twice as much in the first phase, increase the poison, whirlpools. Double/triple the amount of risen going after the turrets. Keep the defending of the megalazer and such(I really like how they added a new dimension to the boss fight). Basically what I’m saying is to increase the rate of his normal attacks making it harder to just stand and DPS him, while also decreasing his health to make it reasonable to be able to kill him while dodging/rezzing/killing risen.

Admittedly I haven’t seen the video but that does sound like it would make the fight funner. Just need to make sure the health pool isn’t nerfed to easy mode if most of the zerg are competent dodgers. Still needs the challenge & chance of failing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Honestly, more waves would be good, but less poison fields. The problem with those poison fields is that they are difficult to see (Liadri anyone?), and they can stack on top of each and quickly down a player. Waves are the one thing that actually gives players enough time to react, as well as disrupts a zerg from stacking.

More risen being around would be fine, as well as more fingers. In return, a few more cannons would be great, or some other method for players to remove scale stacks without needing the cannon.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Honestly, more waves would be good, but less poison fields. The problem with those poison fields is that they are difficult to see (Liadri anyone?), and they can stack on top of each and quickly down a player. Waves are the one thing that actually gives players enough time to react, as well as disrupts a zerg from stacking.

Agreed, I got downed a few times by dodging out of one and into another I couldn’t see.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Watching the BG video, most of their DPS people DID’NT dodge the waves and stayed in the poison and went down multiple times. It was actually kinda sad that basically all it took to defeat him was 100+ people standing as close together as possible, and 6 competent people on the turrets that knew to hit Teq with 2 every time it was up and to cleanse/buff the zergball as much as possible. Oh and a few people to kill the risen around the turrets..

Then you haven’t paid enough attention to what was going on in the video. So let me explain:
Skills that have the mechanic “hit large-areas-multiple-times-randomly” are broken on objects and world bosses because those have huge hitboxes, so they’re going to get hit for the (almost) full potential damage of those attacks:

• Ice Bow’s Ice Storm creates about ~20 icicles that fall on random spots for 700-1500 damage each – that’s 14.000-30.000 damage in a single skill in about 4 seconds.
  • Meteor Shower creates 24 meteors, each of which hits for 1000-2000 damage, and usually 12 hit the boss – that’s 10.000 damage in a single skill.
  • Lightning Hammer’s Lightning Storm hits for 350-750 about 10 times – that’s 3500-7500 free damage in 1,25s.
  • Fiery Greatsword’s Fiery Rush has a fire trail which deals similarly insane damage to the above.

In comparison, a full Hundred Blades with 20+ might stacks does 5000-ish damage in 3,5s.

So if we assume there are 15 elementalists (there were more than that), that means 30 ice bows every 1min. Let’s assume every Ice Bow uses Ice Storm 1.5 times (some people use it twice, some don’t): that’s 630.000-1.350.000 extra damage provided by only 15 elementalists (not counting Meteor Showers and Fiery Greatsword attacks).
And even with that broken damage scaling, they only had ~2,5 minutes left. That HP is just too much, especially without those skills that clearly don’t behave they way they were intended to.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cash.2385

Cash.2385

chalk another loss up… for me, I don’t want to do math I want to have a good time with community. the end

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Some thing my server will probably never see as they can’t even get pass phase 1.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Watching the BG video, most of their DPS people DID’NT dodge the waves and stayed in the poison and went down multiple times. It was actually kinda sad that basically all it took to defeat him was 100+ people standing as close together as possible, and 6 competent people on the turrets that knew to hit Teq with 2 every time it was up and to cleanse/buff the zergball as much as possible. Oh and a few people to kill the risen around the turrets..

Then you haven’t paid enough attention to what was going on in the video. So let me explain:
Skills that have the mechanic “hit large-areas-multiple-times-randomly” are broken on objects and world bosses because those have huge hitboxes, so they’re going to get hit for the (almost) full potential damage of those attacks:

• Ice Bow’s Ice Storm creates about ~20 icicles that fall on random spots for 700-1500 damage each – that’s 14.000-30.000 damage in a single skill in about 4 seconds.
  • Meteor Shower creates 24 meteors, each of which hits for 1000-2000 damage, and usually 12 hit the boss – that’s 10.000 damage in a single skill.
  • Lightning Hammer’s Lightning Storm hits for 350-750 about 10 times – that’s 3500-7500 free damage in 1,25s.
  • Fiery Greatsword’s Fiery Rush has a fire trail which deals similarly insane damage to the above.

In comparison, a full Hundred Blades with 20+ might stacks does 5000-ish damage in 3,5s.

So if we assume there are 15 elementalists (there were more than that), that means 30 ice bows every 1min. Let’s assume every Ice Bow uses Ice Storm 1.5 times (some people use it twice, some don’t): that’s 630.000-1.350.000 extra damage provided by only 15 elementalists (not counting Meteor Showers and Fiery Greatsword attacks).
And even with that broken damage scaling, they only had ~2,5 minutes left. That HP is just too much, especially without those skills that clearly don’t behave they way they were intended to.

The skills are behaving EXACTLY the way they’re intended to. That’s part of the strategy required to achieve victory. Now that you’ve figured it out, I hope other servers figure it out as well.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

it’s a wave

Very true.

the problem with this is if you spread out, you can’t res thus you lose tons of dps with 20 people running back. If they add more damage to the waves or the “puddles” or increase the frequency it would make this fight truly impossible.

in Tequatl Rising

sirflamesword.3896

I’m confused. First you say I wasn’t watching the video, explain something anyone that has done AC knows about, then basically tell me I was right because it took a couple dozen Eles putting down Ice bows to even have a chance to kill him. When I’m advocating decreasing his health and adding MECHANICS to him instead of standing there in a Zergball and rezzing when people don’t dodge.

in Tequatl Rising

sirflamesword.3896

it’s a wave

Very true.

the problem with this is if you spread out, you can’t res thus you lose tons of dps with 20 people running back. If they add more damage to the waves or the “puddles” or increase the frequency it would make this fight truly impossible.

That’s why I’m advocating DECREASING his health to a place where it would be managable for group of people to actually have to dodge his mechanics, but also kill him in the 15 min time period.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

If they do that then they have to fix the animation of the waves first. Sometimes the knockdown comes first and the animation only a few seconds later.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!