It is time to Disable guesting

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

Give us a chance to work things out with our fellow server people! guest and trolls makes everything harder for everyone that is dedicated on defeating it! disable guesting just for this events please!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

tequatl is permanent so you want to completely get rid of guesting because your stuck on overflow and refuse to party up with someone whos not or just guest yourself?

seems fair.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

And make it completly impossible for low pop servers?

You surely can’t be serious?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KehxD.6847

KehxD.6847

Some Tequatl kills were only possible because of guesting? How would TKS have killed Tequatl without being able to guest a low pop server? We wouldn’t have gotten enough of us to organize a good kill! Srsly, keep guesting in! The point of some guilds would be devastated!

Founder and former leader of TxS Community! For more information, please look here =)
http://www.reddit.com/r/txs

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Nah, keep guesting but when a native wants to get in – boot the guest. Harsh but the way content in GW2 works is that you better do it when it’s new or you don’t get to finish it.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sparrowsong.4238

Sparrowsong.4238

I agree with home server has first slots and guesting filling in. Without guesting your going to be pretty lonely out there when it gets boring.

in Tequatl Rising

Aerlen.5326

Nah, keep guesting but when a native wants to get in – boot the guest. Harsh but the way content in GW2 works is that you better do it when it’s new or you don’t get to finish it.

Entitled much? They were there first. If you want to get in, wait in line like everybody else.

How about not? I picked TC as my server, the guest didn’t. I’d feel the exact same way if I was guesting BG. They picked BG, why should I have priority over natives?

Entitled much?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Something needs to be done about it. There is no server pride when everything, except for WvWvW, is cross server. Either disabling guesting entirely or just have one mega server with a bunch of districts.

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Entitled much? They were there first. If you want to get in, wait in line like everybody else.

How is that true? There was just an update about 30 minutes ago and I did it the same time as everyone else. Loaded in…overflow. Now I am waiting just as long as everyone else except unable to play with my own server. How is it entitled to ask that you play with your own community? If they care enough to beat him get coordinated enough with other people on your server. If that isn’t an option, transfer. If you care enough, you will.

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

And make it completly impossible for low pop servers?

You surely can’t be serious?

If players care enough about it they’ll work to get coordinated with each other just like Blackgate did. If that isn’t an option, then they should transfer. If they care enough, they will, and that’s how you can separate the people who care and the people who don’t.

100% support to OP

in Tequatl Rising

Aerlen.5326

How is that true? There was just an update about 30 minutes ago and I did it the same time as everyone else. Loaded in…overflow. Now I am waiting just as long as everyone else except unable to play with my own server. How is it entitled to ask that you play with your own community? If they care enough to beat him get coordinated enough with other people on your server. If that isn’t an option, transfer. If you care enough, you will.

Forced update apparently means “Entitled N00b”.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Forced update apparently means “Entitled N00b”.

I guess so. I really don’t get why people come on the forums just to yell at those with suggestions/complains about being “entitled”. Honestly, everyone on here is entitled to say what they want about the game. Everyone on here is entitled to a majority of the things they’d like to see (to a certain, reasonable extent…not like “OMGz I DESERVE A FREE LEGENDAIRY PLZ”), because after all, they did pay for the game. And, most related to this topic, people are entitled to being on their own server because, after all, they did CHOOSE that server that they are being denied playing with.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lande.5782

Lande.5782

This has been a problem on TC since guesting was put in and someone suggested making TC the ‘official’ Orr server. It’s gotten worse since.

I am glad this issue is now getting some attention from other servers, as you can see the level of annoyance not being able to play with your own community is.

A gear treadmill in Guild Wars, seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/Gt6Za.jpg

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

My server hasn’t even killed Tequatl, and I’ve been waiting 90 minutes so far to get out of overflow.

Tequatl just landed and half the people here are just AFK. Even the ones in the turrets.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jesseroo.8247

Jesseroo.8247

what makes a guest different than someone on the server? nothing. I’ve guested since the start because my server doesn’t do anything. If transfers didn’t cost 1700 gems I’d have transferred already. Silly to act like you deserve it more because you were lucky enough to have chosen a good server.

in Tequatl Rising

Xista.7391

what makes a guest different than someone on the server? nothing. I’ve guested since the start because my server doesn’t do anything. If transfers didn’t cost 1700 gems I’d have transferred already. Silly to act like you deserve it more because you were lucky enough to have chosen a good server.

Because they’re all flocking to the high pop servers, making the queues to get into non-overflow servers hours long.

It’s one thing if this were an easy fight and it can be completed by random players on overflow. It’s another to log on in the evening and wait for a couple of hours to play on your own realm. I want to play with my realm because I know the commanders there are trying to organize a kill….. All I see is dead people and AFK-ers on overflow.

(edited by Xista.7391)

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

I chose this server in beta. I was part of the community that build Blackgate up to what it is. If you don’t care enough to transfer, you shouldn’t act like you have the right to be on a server that you didn’t choose. What makes guest different than someone on the server? The fact that they’re part of that community, benefiting guilds and WvW, and, if they transferred, they care enough to be there.

in Tequatl Rising

Jesseroo.8247

You can guest and be just as much a part of the community as people who’s main server is there. Like I said earlier, I pretty much permanently guest because my main server lacks a community. It’s new content, of course there will be queues. If you chose a good server, good for you, but you really aren’t any more entitled to be playing on it than anyone else.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

What if transferring to a lower population server is free, but to a higher population costs money? This isn’t directly addressing the guesting issue, but perhaps it could have a positive influence on the population disparity.

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

You can guest and be just as much a part of the community as people who’s main server is there. Like I said earlier, I pretty much permanently guest because my main server lacks a community. It’s new content, of course there will be queues. If you chose a good server, good for you, but you really aren’t any more entitled to be playing on it than anyone else.

If I chose this server or payed for a transfer, I am definitely more entitled to playing with that server than someone who didn’t. You’re entitled to your server, I’m entitled to mine. If you care enough to be a part of a good, listening, organized community, then transfer.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

Don’t disable guesting. Many of my real-life friends are on different servers. We all joined at different times and didn’t know at the time who all had the game — some of my friends I only kept in touch with a few times a month since we all moved to our jobs after college. Each of us had joined server-side guilds and developed separate relationships (guilds) in our own servers but also enjoy the freedom to hop over to another friend’s server to play together. One of the biggest factors in playing the game for many people, including myself, was the ability to guest over to other servers and play with friends on their servers. It was a selling point at game’s launch and had many, many, many people complaining when it wasn’t implemented for the first 6+ months.

Just because you’re being pushed into overflow, it doesn’t mean that guests are the reason, anyway, and people have been pushed into overflows at the beginning of every Living Story event, besides. My server has a 2-3 hour wait to queue into the main Sparkfly Fen area because there are just that many people camping and waiting and it’s not one of the “we’ve beat Tequatl!” servers, either.

Disabling guesting because of one Living Story event and a single, permanent world boss is stupid.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Drizzt.5867

Drizzt.5867

I like how people say we have a low population server and can’t do this event on my server. If you cannot find 80 people on your server, then your low population server needs to be blown up then. Just merge it with another low population server. Combine all the low population servers, idc. Hard to believe these servers can’t get enough people to do it.

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Don’t disable guesting. Many of my real-life friends are on different servers. We all joined at different times and didn’t know at the time who all had the game — some of my friends I only kept in touch with a few times a month since we all moved to our jobs after college. Each of us had joined server-side guilds and developed separate relationships (guilds) in our own servers but also enjoy the freedom to hop over to another friend’s server to play together. One of the biggest factors in playing the game for many people, including myself, was the ability to guest over to other servers and play with friends on their servers. It was a selling point at game’s launch and had many, many, many people complaining when it wasn’t implemented for the first 6+ months.

Just because you’re being pushed into overflow, it doesn’t mean that guests are the reason, anyway, and people have been pushed into overflows at the beginning of every Living Story event, besides. My server has a 2-3 hour wait to queue into the main Sparkfly Fen area because there are just that many people camping and waiting and it’s not one of the “we’ve beat Tequatl!” servers, either.

Disabling guesting because of one Living Story event and a single, permanent world boss is stupid.

I don’t think it should be disabled; However, I think there should be some better restrictions to prevent issues like swarming to a server that actually worked towards a goal just to leech off of them. Something like no world boss rewards while guesting would probably suffice for this purpose.

in Tequatl Rising

Jesseroo.8247

I worked on Teq for about 12 hours yesterday and about 10 hours so far today. Please explain how someone like me (who is guesting) is leeching off other people?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

You know what I find hilarious? The negative domino effect this whole update caused. Sure we had some content in the past that spike the difficulty curve before (people debated over). Right now everyone is at each other throats because this caused a divide in the community. Hardcore versus casuals. I hope A-net is taking notes because this will probably just a taste of things to come. For now people are blaming other people over features they did not create, or probably were not well thought out to begin with. The only people who created these mechanics is Arena net. So it’s up to them to fix it or not. I am going with the latter because they never did anything in previous updates including clock work invasion.

in Tequatl Rising

Xista.7391

I worked on Teq for about 12 hours yesterday and about 10 hours so far today. Please explain how someone like me (who is guesting) is leeching off other people?

Sitting in queue for about 2 hours now waiting to get into my own server map. I got onto my realm yesterday, and there were entire off-realm guilds there taking up slots.

(edited by Xista.7391)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

If your excuse is too low server population to do teq then anet make a really big mistake designing the fight in 1st place. they need to merge that low population server if they want to make this big content success. guesting is not an options at this point. they must be able to reach all people in low and high population server. guesting ruined everything. the fun, and also the ability for a server to let out their maximum potential on defeating this boss.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lande.5782

Lande.5782

Disabling guesting would take care of the ‘low population’ issue completely. There is a reason your servers feel low pop, and it’s not a lack of people playing the game.

A gear treadmill in Guild Wars, seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/Gt6Za.jpg

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Agree get rid of guesting, it should be a feature of the game limited once a month per account to check out a server that takes your interest prior to paying for a transfer. Stop being cheap, pay for a transfer gold/RL $$

Today all at the same time on JQ, it’s getting old.
Sunless- Overflow
Claw-Overflow
Ulgoth-Overflow

JQ Druid

in Tequatl Rising

Amok Threeohthree.8501

You know what I find hilarious? The negative domino effect this whole update caused.

I think you are forgetting about the positive domino of people getting organised. Server overlapping people organsing teq encounters together, etc

try and look from a glass half full perspective maybe? :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I wish some devs would hop into some of the overflows I’ve been in. To see how this is bringing the gw community together. Not even Dhuum and his mighty scythe would have been able to keep up with the needed bans.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

They shouldn’t get rid of guesting.

Instead, they should make the world boss rewards unavailable to anybody guesting. Then, they need to scale world bosses so that lower-pop servers can do it without complaining about being a lower-pop server.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I wish some devs would hop into some of the overflows I’ve been in. To see how this is bringing the gw community together. Not even Dhuum and his mighty scythe would have been able to keep up with the needed bans.

I saw a developer in one of the overflows I was in. Said developer died instantly to one of the waves and proceeded to lie on the ground for a good while before disappearing into thin air.

I hope they’re observing all of this and realizing that there is a problem.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

You know what I find hilarious? The negative domino effect this whole update caused.

I think you are forgetting about the positive domino of people getting organised. Server overlapping people organsing teq encounters together, etc

try and look from a glass half full perspective maybe? :P

And if maybe (I doubt it will happen) if A-net disables guesting altogether are you going to happy stuck on a low population server? Along as you organize you can beat Tequatl right?

My point is that these problems could have been seen by the QA team or their testers but they rushed it into the game yet again. Without thinking of the consequences.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Instead, they should make the world boss rewards unavailable to anybody guesting. Then, they need to scale world bosses so that lower-pop servers can do it without complaining about being a lower-pop server.

100% support. World boss rewards if you’re on your server only….the guesting feature was designed so that people can play with friends from other servers…this is just taking advantage of it. As someone mentioned earlier, the low population wouldn’t even be much of a problem if guesting was removed (or at least restricted) because the people who would be guesting would now actually be playing on their server, unless they really wanted to play with a friend.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

if people would put up the proof guesting is 100% their problem, they would have a leg to stand on, otherwise making a statement of fact with ZERO proof, only makes others laugh at them. Yes I believe guesting can/may contribute to the problems. But my belief is not proof.

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

if people would put up the proof guesting is 100% their problem, they would have a leg to stand on, otherwise making a statement of fact with ZERO proof, only makes others laugh at them. Yes I believe guesting can/may contribute to the problems. But my belief is not proof.

Well, since I was able to get into the main map on Blackgate yesterday (before we took it down), of course, and ever since I have not been able to get in is enough proof for me.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

100% support. World boss rewards if you’re on your server only….the guesting feature was designed so that people can play with friends from other servers…this is just taking advantage of it. As someone mentioned earlier, the low population wouldn’t even be much of a problem if guesting was removed (or at least restricted) because the people who would be guesting would now actually be playing on their server, unless they really wanted to play with a friend.

How thoughtful of you. You do realize without guesting many low population servers will never be able to get this done, don’t you?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

How thoughtful of you. You do realize without guesting many low population servers will never be able to get this done, don’t you?

And if ANet scaled the events based on the population, your problem wouldn’t be numbers but rather lack of organization. I could be wrong, but I actually do think they scale the world bosses…

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

If there wasn’t guesting, low population servers’ players would actually have to work together to bring him down. Organize and work with each other…it’s not like you are so low that you can’t get 80-100 people for an event. If for some reason this was impossible, then if it they cared enough they’d transfer. Either way, problem solved.

in Tequatl Rising

Xcom.1926

And if ANet scaled the events based on the population, your problem wouldn’t be numbers but rather lack of organization. I could be wrong, but I actually do think they scale the world bosses…

But the problem is more than that. Lower populated servers have lower number of organized guilds. Lower number of organized guilds means doing it with total pugs. And that doesn’t turn out too well.

in Tequatl Rising

Amok Threeohthree.8501

Instead of disabeling it maybe it needs to be changed… Just an idea:

Guesting is originally thought so you can play with your friends on other servers right?

So what if you can only guest to a server that you have a friend on that is currently online and in your party? Sure there are still workarounds I guess but it should limit the amount of people guesting a bit?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Well, since I was able to get into the main map on Blackgate yesterday (before we took it down), of course, and ever since I have not been able to get in is enough proof for me.

Although I do believe there are players guesting to bg, basing a conclusion off of “I was able yesterday but not today” is nonsense.

What is the server population of bg? What is the concurrency of bg? What is the population limit on the sparkfly zone?

If the concurrency is larger than the limit of the zone (pretty sure it is), then that alone discredits “I was able to yesterday…….”.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Tequatl Rising

Xcom.1926

If there wasn’t guesting, low population servers’ players would actually have to work together to bring him down. Organize and work with each other…it’s not like you are so low that you can’t get 80-100 people for an event. If for some reason this was impossible, then if it they cared enough they’d transfer. Either way, problem solved.

What server are you on?

Edit: Nevermind I see you are on Blackgate. To me people on the highest populated servers shouldn’t be giving advice and telling people how things should be done. You have it easy.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

I don’t really agree with this. I was once also on a server I wasn’t satisfied with… I saved up as much gold as I needed to transfer and then did it, taking my gold right down to zero, after selling most of my mats and waiting about 2 weeks for my desired server to actually become available (TC, full population).

I think there is a big difference between flocking to a high pop server to kill a boss, and saving up/waiting for weeks to transfer there. I am not completely against your post though. We have all paid for the game, so we should all be allowed access to the content. It is quite insulting to go to an event only to be put in an overflow where the event isn’t even happening. I’ve never played a game of this size before but in my last mmo, there was no such thing as overflow. There were 2 worlds and you were stuck on the one you chose. Big events lagged, it was your choice whether to put up with it or not. Settings can be turned down low for a reason.

I know I’m probably saying this without really thinking about it, but, if the servers can’t handle so many people in the same place at once, close them, or stop selling the game. It’s quite unfair to sell a game and be denied access to the public content.

Though I guess Tequatl would drop in 15 seconds from the thousands of people hitting it and the game would never receive any updates because there were no copies being sold, or something.

I don’t know, lol. Save up and transfer. If you have 10 hours a day to waste on the game trying to do Tequatl, you can waste 10 hours a day farming for a transfer.

(Apologies if the servers are perma full these days, and for the long post!)

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

It’s not time to disable anything.

You don’t deserve to kill Tequatl on your home server any more than anyone that guests on it.

Being on a server since launch doesn’t entitle you to having more rights than guests.

The whole point of guesting is that anyone is welcome at any time. Don’t like overflows? Wait on the map before the event starts or guest yourself on a low-pop server.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

but they have no intention to transfer, they only want the achievement

Which is the whole point of having guesting. You do what you want to do without transfering.

Disabling transfering would mean that people are required to pay money to PvE on other servers. Think about that for a while.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Good. Now open that wallet and buy a transfer.

JQ Druid

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I think if you dont move every few minutes you get kicked like in WvW.

And if it detects a macro to bypass that you get kicked as well.

I find it very annoying that people hold their spots for events but when the even starts they are still gone….. FOR HOURS. I have no problem with someone akitteng between events to stay on the map…. but if your not gonna be there when it starts and everyone is needed….