[Merged] Updated Bosses?

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

If there are alot of players wanting difficult bosses, why don’t i see karka queen being activated nowadays?

That boss isn’t challenging. It just requires a ton of people to get started.

My guild does it at least once a day.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

All bosses in one foul swoop?
Well I can only imagine they’ll finally take away the cap on how many players the boss can hit with it’s attack.

No more standing there in a giant shockwave and be fine, now all the melee kicks the bucket.

Mmmm, that made me feel giddy…

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I’m pretty sure if all bosses are made stronger people will still do them

People skip out on several of them with the diffiulty they are at now. If you increase the difficulty without some significant changes in loot it will just add more that are being ignored. Today I’ve soloed golem m2, and he’s easy. Simply put people want money in order to get things they enjoy. That’s pretty easy to understand for everyone I think. Now it just becomes which way makes the most money. It’s all fine as long as the bosses scale for small groups too. If there is a minimum of 10 put on them though then several world bosses will never be completed by the majority of the servers.

http://us.gw2stuff.com/

Go check that sometime. Even at prime time there are some that just aren’t done. Either because of the difficulty, time, or a combination of the two. I’ve seen people now just skipping everything except sb/maw/shatt. Anything that has a built in wait time though just isn’t worth it.

My point is that as long as they make the events so that they scale for small groups it will be fine. If they don’t give it a low minimum though people are going to have to transfer/guest just to do those.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

This was very much needed as it takes a big group 3-5 SECONDS to slay a champion…

Kima & Co

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

GSSBlunaspike.4153

This was very much needed as it takes a big group 3-5 SECONDS to slay a champion…

They aren’t updating those though, only world bosses. That just means that it’s more likely to see people run past world bosses for a Champion

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’d really like to see the Frozen Maw buffed. It’s ridiculously easy.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

DarcShriek.5829

If I have to fire lasers, jump over waves, swim to the surface or do other silly mechanics that do not involve my class abilities, I’m not doing it.

If I have to fight alongside 80+ other players to stand a chance of killing the boss, I’m not doing it.

If the boss is on a 15 minute duration timer, I’m not doing it.

The encounter could drop a guaranteed legendary or ascended item but if the above is true, I’m not doing it.

You’ve already made your opinion known about anything that requires more than 1 player. We’re not surprised about this. Wouldn’t you be happier playing Diablo?

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

It’s in a low level zone.

Attachments:

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Any low level world boss needs to up their mechanics and hp pool BY A MILE IF BEING ZERGED BY MORE THAN A DOZEN LEVEL 80 PLAYERS. Downscaling stats obviously isn’t going to cut it in order not to trivialize low level zone encounters. Scaling a boss’ HP, active skills, and environmental mechanics (add on mobs, phased events, extra activities aside from hitting the boss) should properly consider the zerg factor. They have implemented some sort of trial runs in temple events and claw of jormag, I hope that the next patch is an improvement of those experimental changes and then become implemented on all boss encounters.

However they should be careful not to make the world bosses impossible for a small scale level appropriate group trying to seek adventure or some challenge but at the same time make them tough and challenging enough that the event will stir some sort of player coordination when a large group is trying to participate. The thing we are looking for here is an actually working scaling of events based on player participation.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

There’s really only so much you can do to the starter zone bosses without turning them into something akin to launch-time fire elemental. They’re in starter zones and should be relatively easy.

I think Taidha Covington needs a revamp the most (both because of the incredibly unintuitive way her meta event works, and because the actual fight is really pathetic), followed by the shatterer and the golem.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

I’m pretty sure if all bosses are made stronger people will still do them

People skip out on several of them with the diffiulty they are at now. If you increase the difficulty without some significant changes in loot it will just add more that are being ignored. Today I’ve soloed golem m2, and he’s easy. Simply put people want money in order to get things they enjoy. That’s pretty easy to understand for everyone I think. Now it just becomes which way makes the most money. It’s all fine as long as the bosses scale for small groups too. If there is a minimum of 10 put on them though then several world bosses will never be completed by the majority of the servers.

http://us.gw2stuff.com/

Go check that sometime. Even at prime time there are some that just aren’t done. Either because of the difficulty, time, or a combination of the two. I’ve seen people now just skipping everything except sb/maw/shatt. Anything that has a built in wait time though just isn’t worth it.

My point is that as long as they make the events so that they scale for small groups it will be fine. If they don’t give it a low minimum though people are going to have to transfer/guest just to do those.

This right here. I also said the same thing in my post. If the effort/time requirement outweighs the efficiency at farming the event, then people will start to ignore it. Just like the temple events in Orr. Anet made them harder/more time consuming to do, and now on most servers, they stay contested 24/7 because people can farm more efficiently doing other things. If all the world bosses become like the temples did, you’ll never see anyone doing world bosses after they’ve killed them for the achievements the first couple of times. End of story.

I’d like to see someone refute this considering the temples in Orr are the PERFECT example of this backfiring in a very major and very bad way.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

If there are alot of players wanting difficult bosses, why don’t i see karka queen being activated nowadays?

The karka queen is not difficult. The process of getting her to spawn is tedious and time consuming because of the requirement to capture and hold 4 seperate camps at the same time. The fact that you generally have to run through an already overrun camp in order to get to her doesn’t help either.

If capturing those four camps was changed to capture the four camps in sequence and then fight the queen then people would do it.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Gallrvaghn.4921

There’s really only so much you can do to the starter zone bosses without turning them into something akin to launch-time fire elemental. They’re in starter zones and should be relatively easy.

Yes, they should be easy since they are starter area bosses but they should also not drop level 80 rares, exotics and precursors if they are THIS easy. There’s the discrepancy in effort/reward ratio with these types of events which isn’t healthy for the game IMO.

If 10 appropriate level players take on Shadow Behemoth, it should be epic and challenging and rewarding for their level. But if 2 dozens of fully geared level 80 does the event, the experience and challenge should also be appropriate with the amount and value of loot obtained from the said event. What happens now is that high level players WP and rush towards the boss, hoping to tag it in time because it dies a few seconds later. The length of time it takes for level appropriate players to take down the boss should be almost equal to the length of time a zerg of fully geared level 80 players and the difficulty should scale properly as well. Magic words: scale properly

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I think some of you are under the impression that 40-80 players will all group up and do these bosses just for the challenge of it. I’m afraid the reality of the situation is quite a bit different. People did ask for the orr temples to be made harder. What happened there?

Challenge is fine to talk about theoretically, but challenge isn’t what most players are looking for. A reward is what most players are looking for. It’s all just speculation now, but if the reward doesn’t meet the expectation this will be just another ignored event. If that happens I don’t expect Anet to change anything. They will likely keep it, and it will only hurt the players that would actually like to see these events completed.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

If I have to fire lasers, jump over waves, swim to the surface or do other silly mechanics that do not involve my class abilities, I’m not doing it.

If I have to fight alongside 80+ other players to stand a chance of killing the boss, I’m not doing it.

If the boss is on a 15 minute duration timer, I’m not doing it.

The encounter could drop a guaranteed legendary or ascended item but if the above is true, I’m not doing it.

You’ve already made your opinion known about anything that requires more than 1 player. We’re not surprised about this. Wouldn’t you be happier playing Diablo?

I’m not opposed to group content. I’m opposed to forming a party to complete that content such as in dungeons and fractals. I have no problem helping others down a world boss. The problem I have with new Tequatl is the sheer amount of players required to down him and the inevitable technical difficulties that will arise such as poor frame rates and disconnects. Not everyone has a 12+mb/s ultra reliable internet connection.

I’ve also never cared for gimmicks, such as lasers, that detract from the use of one’s own class abilities. It’s too much like vehicle combat in WoW.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I lol’d at the Mega Destroyer buff.

The ones that should only be buffed are the ones farmed on a regular respawn basis. But this is a step in the right direction and is long overdue. Thanks Anet.

Next project will be fixing the stupid fixed timers and fixed respawn location (although this one might be tricky) making it very random to allow for a more world exploration/discovery/surprise type of encounter and not like:

Check dragon timers —> WP to dragon --> spam auto attack —> loot.

If they randomize the respawn rates, I will kittening quit this game. It will be bad enough trying to organize 80 people to get kitten done, and then throw in the fact that you will have no idea WHEN the kitten goes down, then kittening forget it. I dont have time to sit in a zone for hours on end just waiting for some boss to randomly spawn. That would be the worst idea ever. Less people would be willing to do boss fights if they have no kittening clue when theyre happening. And less people for the Teq fight will be counter productive. Bad idea dude….very bad idea.

I am not sure which game you guys are playing but all the GW2 world bosses already have randomized respawn. There is a fixed minimum so you don’t have a situation where you kill it and it immediately pops up again. Random is also irrelevant given the events API … well unless you are on a EU server then that will probably be broken for at least another month it seems.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Megadestroyer was already pretty interesting except they always forgot about it when it came to rewards. When they added bonus chests? No chest for Megadestroyer. When they added Dragonite Ore? Not Dragonite Ore for Megadestroyer. Hopefully they won’t forget again.

The important thing here is that they bosses are actually more interesting and not just a larger pile of HP and harder hitting skills. That isn’t really more interesting or necessarily harder. See karka queen for an example of that particular failure.

What are you talking about karka queen is super easy and has highest rewards in the game 5 champ boxes 2 rares/exotics and nice loot? If anything she is to week. Rue about mega being left out though.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Khisanth.2948

Megadestroyer was already pretty interesting except they always forgot about it when it came to rewards. When they added bonus chests? No chest for Megadestroyer. When they added Dragonite Ore? Not Dragonite Ore for Megadestroyer. Hopefully they won’t forget again.

The important thing here is that they bosses are actually more interesting and not just a larger pile of HP and harder hitting skills. That isn’t really more interesting or necessarily harder. See karka queen for an example of that particular failure.

What are you talking about karka queen is super easy and has highest rewards in the game 5 champ boxes 2 rares/exotics and nice loot? If anything she is to week. Rue about mega being left out though.

The queen itself is pretty easy. What size group are you doing the pre events with?

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

DarcShriek.5829

It doesn’t matter what level it’s on. It doesn’t exist in a vacuum where only low level players participate. It’s a world event, and it takes seconds to complete. It’s possible to make it more difficult yet still be accessible to low level characters. You need to stop lying to yourself and realize that it isn’t only low level characters that participate.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

GSSBlunaspike.4153

It’s pretty funny people posting about the karka queen being easy, with 50 people. Yeah I bet it is pretty easy, must be nice to be on a server where we can just throw more numbers at it.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Teq will, to any player present since the beginning and exclusing pre-events, take atleast 15 minutes
If you can earn 1.5g for a dungeon run (once a day) of equal or shorter length, I think it’s a modest proposal that Teq rewards you with 1.5g as well, once a day. Maybe a bit less or make it two exotics to combat inflation.
It’s just the way it is that ANet can’t buff dungeon rewards and introduce massive inflation-causing LS events and then still expect people to dedicate 20 or more minutes on a zone boss event for a few silver and a rare.

If they randomize the respawn rates, I will kittening quit this game. It will be bad enough trying to organize 80 people to get kitten done, and then throw in the fact that you will have no idea WHEN the kitten goes down, then kittening forget it. I dont have time to sit in a zone for hours on end just waiting for some boss to randomly spawn. That would be the worst idea ever. Less people would be willing to do boss fights if they have no kittening clue when theyre happening. And less people for the Teq fight will be counter productive. Bad idea dude….very bad idea.

How about then you stop waiting for hours for specific (dragon) bosses, and instead rotate between all the meta event bosses? I know thinking outside the box probably isn’t your forte but give it a go still.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Zeph.5927

Teq will, to any player present since the beginning and exclusing pre-events, take atleast 15 minutes
If you can earn 1.5g for a dungeon run (once a day) of equal or shorter length, I think it’s a modest proposal that Teq rewards you with 1.5g as well, once a day. Maybe a bit less or make it two exotics to combat inflation.
It’s just the way it is that ANet can’t buff dungeon rewards and introduce massive inflation-causing LS events and then still expect people to dedicate 20 or more minutes on a zone boss event for a few silver and a rare.

How about then you stop waiting for hours for specific (dragon) bosses, and instead rotate between all the meta event bosses? I know thinking outside the box probably isn’t your forte but give it a go still.

You really didn’t understand what I was trying to get at did you? Perhaps thinking isn’t your forte?

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

I really hope they take this opportunity and add mini versions of the world bosses to their loot tables. Mini Shatterer? I hate grinding RNG and I would so grind RNG for that

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

If capturing those four camps was changed to capture the four camps in sequence and then fight the queen then people would do it.

+

Another suggestion would be that the captured camps stay freed for quite a time.

Why should we ever try to free the camps (eg. in a smaller group), when they become contested again too soon whilst we are still trying to free the rest of the camps?

Or maybe there could be a timer that displays as soon as people are trying to free the camps.. not just after they achieved that and the karka queen has spawned so people come and kill her for the loot. -.- (Not sure if it works that way, but can’t remember when the karka queen currently is displayed in the timer.)
Well, that brings me to another idea.. they could easily increase the reward for the people that are involved in all the freeing and so on..

Why not give a world wide announcement that there is something up in Southsun Cove? (similar to invasions)
After that people have a certain amount of time to free the camps and kill the karka queen (the karka queen could be spawning at different places.. like scarlet, who knows?).. and the event would give a reward for completing as well as a reward for failing..

I would visit the karka queen more often, if they would tweak the situation to get her spawned a bit..

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Zeph.5927

+

Another suggestion would be that the captured camps stay freed for quite a time.

Why should we ever try to free the camps (eg. in a smaller group), when they become contested again too soon whilst we are still trying to free the rest of the camps?

Or maybe there could be a timer that displays as soon as people are trying to free the camps.. not just after they achieved that and the karka queen has spawned so people come and kill her for the loot. -.- (Not sure if it works that way, but can’t remember when the karka queen currently is displayed in the timer.)
Well, that brings me to another idea.. they could easily increase the reward for the people that are involved in all the freeing and so on..

Why not give a world wide announcement that there is something up in Southsun Cove? (similar to invasions)
After that people have a certain amount of time to free the camps and kill the karka queen (the karka queen could be spawning at different places.. like scarlet, who knows?).. and the event would give a reward for completing as well as a reward for failing..

I would visit the karka queen more often, if they would tweak the situation to get her spawned a bit..

Because this is Anet we’re talking about here. They never do things the way they should be done. Anything that is logical is completely illogical to them and vice versa. I really want to know what they’re smoking at Anet HQ. Must be some REALLY good stuff.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

lol.

It’s not too late to learn from us. They might be surprised what the players are able to come up with. ^^

I hereby generously allow them to use my ideas for any improvements they want to make. Cheers. xD

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Khisanth.2948

Well this has been nicely derailed …

The other problem with karka queen is that they decided to put the carriage before the horse. Designing an event that requires multiple groups to hit the different spots at more or less the same time or a big enough group that can just steamroll through all the pre but before introducing something like the upcoming LFG tool. That tool might help.

The Orr temples suffer from a similar issue.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Any insight on what to expect from the other world bosses? The preview notes says they’ve been updated.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Gallrvaghn.4921

Any insight on what to expect from the other world bosses? The preview notes says they’ve been updated.

The easier ones will still be farmed while the others will still be ignored completely unless there’s some kind of tool that lets us monitor all world event bosses conveniently in-game in addition to the upcoming LFG tool for a more convenient way of grouping up and hunting the not so popular world bosses down.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Tequatl will have a chance at a rare new skinned ascended weapon which should have been put into the game since launch imo. The mini is cool as well.
The problem lies again in RNG. If those items become so hard get because of RNG and the event becomes too much of a Temple then noone will end up doing it.
The LFG tool might help this but people don’t really want to do a difficult event if there is no reward or a tiny tiny chance of getting one.
When they introduced Champs and the inevitable champ farm in frostgorge I went to look at Jorlag and found that there were 5 people doing that world boss…5! There was too high of a risk vs reward. I fear that Teq and even ALL world bosses can fall into that trap.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Gallrvaghn.4921

Tequatl will have a chance at a rare new skinned ascended weapon which should have been put into the game since launch imo. The mini is cool as well.
The problem lies again in RNG. If those items become so hard get because of RNG and the event becomes too much of a Temple then noone will end up doing it.
The LFG tool might help this but people don’t really want to do a difficult event if there is no reward or a tiny tiny chance of getting one.
When they introduced Champs and the inevitable champ farm in frostgorge I went to look at Jorlag and found that there were 5 people doing that world boss…5! There was too high of a risk vs reward. I fear that Teq and even ALL world bosses can fall into that trap.

This is where ANet needs to carefully implement the tweaks they had in mind. Because based on previous updates (AC and temple revamp), when they said fun, they meant annoying as hell CC and OHKO boss and mobs skills. That Krait Witch and Kholer pull skill is still really hard to read and avoid and/or counter. >.<

I still have yet to see an active participation in mid level Champions. The ones farmed are either starter zoned or end-game zones like Orr and Frostgorge. We already have enough challenging content in the open world but sad to say only a minor portion of the entire explorable maps are active with players. When one decides to do events and kill Champs alone or in a small party, it’s really tough especially the Group events with some kind of complicated mechanics that need to be done in order to succeed, but when a zerg decides to create a train, those poor Champs don’t have anything to put up a good fight and I really feel sorry for them and for myself as well. I wish they give Champs some sort of OHKO skills and a proper scaling of HP when more than 10 players zerg in on him especially the low level zone ones. And also avoid buffing the ones that are already being ignored most of the time.

But that’s just me.

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

meh i bet with how lazy anet is, they just gonna make hordes of champs spawning from the world bosses and we’ll know what happened next rite?

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Stark.1350

I want all the world bosses harder. I want them all to have fail conditions. I want them to be as difficult as Grenth and I wish the Scarlet event would stop dropping loot if you fail it.

Standing there firing my #1 button and yawning isn’t my idea of fun. These are WORLD BOSSES. They should be DIFFICULT with the APPROPRIATE REWARD for defeating them.

And frankly, I don’t know what you people are talking about with the Orr temples. Ehmry Bay is one of the smaller servers and people are ALWAYS doing them. In fact we’re doing a run tonight. Keep in mind the reason why you probably see them locked all the time is that they reset in like 2 hours. In face out server is doing a raid this weekend for them and against the Karka Queen and next weekend as well.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Zeph.5927

I want all the world bosses harder. I want them all to have fail conditions. I want them to be as difficult as Grenth and I wish the Scarlet event would stop dropping loot if you fail it.

Standing there firing my #1 button and yawning isn’t my idea of fun. These are WORLD BOSSES. They should be DIFFICULT with the APPROPRIATE REWARD for defeating them.

And frankly, I don’t know what you people are talking about with the Orr temples. Ehmry Bay is one of the smaller servers and people are ALWAYS doing them. In fact we’re doing a run tonight. Keep in mind the reason why you probably see them locked all the time is that they reset in like 2 hours. In face out server is doing a raid this weekend for them and against the Karka Queen and next weekend as well.

I really wish people would stop saying, “But my server does Orr Temple Events! We clear them at least once a night!” Guess what? Doing them once a night isn’t enough! Are they on farm like the world bosses are? 9 times out of 10, no they’re not. Just because some servers do them (and maybe Karka Queen) once after server reset doesn’t mean kitten, considering alot of players will miss out on the completions if they aren’t logged in at the appropriate times. And 1 or 2 guilds clearing things once a day DOES NOT count either. The Orr Temples are STILL a failure by those standards! If the temples aren’t being completed MULTIPLE times a day, every single day like the world bosses are, then Anet has failed.

So stop saying kitten like this. Unless your server is clearing temples every single time they become contested, then this excuse holds no weight whatsoever in conversations like this.

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Stark.1350

I really wish people would stop saying, “But my server does Orr Temple Events! We clear them at least once a night!” Guess what? Doing them once a night isn’t enough! Are they on farm like the world bosses are? 9 times out of 10, no they’re not. Just because some servers do them (and maybe Karka Queen) once after server reset doesn’t mean kitten, considering alot of players will miss out on the completions if they aren’t logged in at the appropriate times. And 1 or 2 guilds clearing things once a day DOES NOT count either. The Orr Temples are STILL a failure by those standards! If the temples aren’t being completed MULTIPLE times a day, every single day like the world bosses are, then Anet has failed.

So stop saying kitten like this. Unless your server is clearing temples every single time they become contested, then this excuse holds no weight whatsoever in conversations like this.

People are lazy and take the path of least resistance. If all bosses were of Grenth difficulty, would you do Orr temple bosses more?

[Merged] Updated Bosses?

in Tequatl Rising

Zeph.5927

People are lazy and take the path of least resistance. If all bosses were of Grenth difficulty, would you do Orr temple bosses more?

You pretty much missed the entire point of my post. Gratz to you.