One secret to Blackgate's success

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WaT.7856

WaT.7856

First off, grats to Blackgate! Teq is a really great idea and an awesome fight but the issue most servers are having is a large percentage of pubbers who refuse to listen. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem but thanks to overflow it actually hurts the team.

So what does this have to do with Blackgate? Well they managed to solve this problem. The trick is that joining someone else’s party (even if you are in overflow) and waypointing to them will force you into the main map and bypass overflow entirely. So for everyone who sat in overflow for hours wondering why it wasn’t your turn, this is why. You were getting cut in line and the capacity of the map was always (much) larger than the overflow max.

So bring your guildies and zerg.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Although there is a cap to this, as we saw in the scarlet events. Sometimes it filled up so much you still couldn’t join a party then join in whatever map it was.

On a side note, I think BG is going to have a lot of guesting soon.

RIP in peace Robert

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

So is this why I’ve never been able to get on my home server Blackgate and am forever stuck in overflow?

in Tequatl Rising

WaT.7856

Yes Kojiden, you will never reach the front of the queue until Teq dies down due to this. Your better chance is to find someone in the main instance and join a party with them.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I don’t really know anyone in the main server. I’ve been more of a solo player lately, and the guild I’m in isn’t in Blackgate.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Ooor you know…they are coordinated?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

I have another secret to downing Teq…

Guesting

in Tequatl Rising

WaT.7856

Vol – I completely agree, they were amazingly coordinated. One reason they were able to be so coordinated is that guilds can bypass the overflow by joining up on other’s party.

in Tequatl Rising

WaT.7856

Actually Guesting isn’t beneficial to Blackgate at all. These hundreds of guesters will simply sit in the overflow and never get to the front of the line due to the above secret. It would help lower populated servers though…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

Actually Guesting isn’t beneficial to Blackgate at all. These hundreds of guesters will simply sit in the overflow and never get to the front of the line due to the above secret. It would help lower populated servers though…

Not if they guest and aa ff kk in the zone until the event starts guaranteeing them a spot.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Another secret to Blackgate’s success…

Fiery Greatsword and Frost Bow

Tequatl has 3 hitboxes so using weapons/attacks with a large enough AoE or damage range to impact all 3 hitboxes, does triple damage.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

How would guesting benefit lower populated servers? The overflow maps are separate from the world maps so low population servers will still only have a half full Sparkfly Fen, oh wait, are you suggesting that everyone on a lower population server goes and guests on another, higher population server? That would help I suppose, it would allow them to bypass their own half-full Sparkfly Fen and have a chance at Tequatl.

in Tequatl Rising

WaT.7856

@Mars – Well no. The queue in Blackgate yesterday was basically broken. You could not reach the front of the line by sitting in overflow because people in the main map were inviting guildies to cut the line and actually exceed the overflow value.

@Pifil – lower populated servers aren’t always maxed out in the main Sparkfly map. If they were to receive guesters they could max out the map capacity and have a chance.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Vol – I completely agree, they were amazingly coordinated. One reason they were able to be so coordinated is that guilds can bypass the overflow by joining up on other’s party.

Well it’s not so easy to bypass the overflow and have everyone get in. Go look at Scarlet invasion. There is a small extra amount of space after the server is full, and that is filled up by manually joining through party. But there is a point where that option doesn’t show up since the server is filled to the max.

Remember, they had over +100 on the community voip. If you are on voice coms, it doesn’t matter if you’re on the same guild or a bunch of pugs. It’s easier to coordinate PvE than WvW.

All that BG did to succeed here was coordinate. Not skip through overflows, not have whole bunch of PvE guilds work on their own. It was a massive amount of server coordination from everyone willing to go on coms and listen to commanders.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

@Mars – Well no. The queue in Blackgate yesterday was basically broken. You could not reach the front of the line by sitting in overflow because people in the main map were inviting guildies to cut the line and actually exceed the overflow value.

@Pifil – lower populated servers aren’t always maxed out in the main Sparkfly map. If they were to receive guesters they could max out the map capacity and have a chance.

I noted that they had 130 people on their TS server. I thought that was high. I wonder what the exact map caps are.

in Tequatl Rising

WaT.7856

There is a small extra amount of space after the server is full, and that is filled up by manually joining through party.

Source for “small”? This has nothing to do with coordination, coordination and cutting line are not mutually exclusive. I know for a fact that lower tier servers did not reach this “small extra room” limit and they didn’t reach it in scarlet invasions. Therefore, they need to know how to do this to reach their potential and have the same number of players on the map that Blackgate did. All servers need to both coordinate like blackgate and have the same number of players (by maxing this supposed extra overflow limit).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Except this is not a secret at all. How do you think groups are able to stay together if the zone gets full? This has been known since release, there is a soft cap and a hard cap. The soft cap will no longer allow people into the zone unless they are grouped with someone in the zone. This is used to help keeps group together when zoning. Then there is the hard cap, where the zone is completely full. You will not be able to enter the zone once the “full world” gets hit. Even if you have party members in the zone.

These features are great, do not make them sound like it is bad for the game. Although its a shame when solo players can not get in the world, it is more detrimental to not keep groups together when zoning into the world.

in Tequatl Rising

WaT.7856

@Zypher – I agree, it’s an awesome feature. I agree it’s good for the game. Why are you arguing?

Let’s say the soft cap is 150 and the hard cap is 200. Those 50 extra players make a huge difference. Lower tier servers are not reaching this hard cap (I didn’t know it existed, my server doesn’t hit it). Therefore, all servers should be aware of it to emulate Blackgate.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

The guild I am in runs weekly missions and we have about 120-150 depending on when we go. We fill up the world quickly, and have to pull people in using groups. I think you are about right with the 150 soft and 200 hard cap.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marndeis.7815

Marndeis.7815

Even with the Group invite bypass I was not able to get in to main server it got so full.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

So is this why I’ve never been able to get on my home server Blackgate and am forever stuck in overflow?

Same problem here, Kojiden. Maybe we need to group up so if one of us actually manages to play on our HOME SERVER we can pull the other one in! No Beastgate member left behind!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

I dont have guilds and friends and Im on Anvil Rock.
Your advice is useless OP.

sorry for my poor english

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Get a guild, make friends and change your server.

Are those better advices? :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Science.6709

Science.6709

I’ll be impressed when an overflow does it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

Get a guild, make friends and change your server.

Are those better advices? :P

I dont have money to transfer. I dont want to pay for AN mistakes. There is no people and guilds on Anvil Rock

sorry for my poor english

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

lol that’s the sadest thing i’ve read hahaha

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I tend to agree that the coordination part of it is why BG managed to take Tequatl down. Extra Players always help, expecially to Push DPS. But without coordination it’s just 50 more dead bodies.

[DONE]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Science.6709

Science.6709

Even with the Group invite bypass I was not able to get in to main server it got so full.

Right. This is nothing new, we’ve been doing it to get into events for a long time. It doesn’t always work. Result: spamclick lottery pseudo raid.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

If you’re already in a party when you zone in, it will try to bring you into the same instance as any party members already in the zone. If you joined the party after you were already in the zone, you don’t need to waypoint again, just right click somebody and select “Join in …”.

I guess this is one of those things I thought was common knowledge but isn’t.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RighteousOne.4613

RighteousOne.4613

You know why Blackgate defeated Teq? It was because 90%+ of the people fighting Teq were on Blackgates TS3 – communication/working together is key.