People losing interest already...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Thexder.5930

Thexder.5930

3:45pm on Yak’s Bend main server. I know at 3:45 the kiddies are in school… but still this is sad.

Attachments:

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I imagine this will be much like the karka queen, something everyone does while it’s highlighted and then instantly something never done again (by most) because there are much simpler options available to complete that together still take up a lot of time. What I mean by this is that by skipping doing Tequatl, you save yourself the potential lost time (that most of us are constrained by on when we play GW2) and effort for minimal reward and instead do something more rewarding that isn’t as frustrating.

I’m already done attempting it after the first 3 defeats. I simply don’t care about completing it nor do I care about achievements and vanity items.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

It was the same in Fort Aspenwood. Except we had somewhere near10 people, where half were afk.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Everyone is heading back to the swamp to wait for SB to spawn now. This forum has slowed down quite a bit in the last 2 days as well. Once Boss Week is over Tequatl will do what it learned from all the events and just go AFK.

The Burninator

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

TC is currently queued.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

TC is currently queued.

The problem here is that the huge requirement in the amount of people needed to complete the event, added to the amount of people leaving the game, leaves most servers in a bad spot. The more populated servers (the 3 or 4 of them left on na) will continue to get new players as people quit. The reasoning behind that is simple, people play mmos to play with other people. They are going to pick the server that has the most people on it to start. Meanwhile the lower servers are getting emptier every day.

Proper scaling for this event would have made it perfect. The mechanics aren’t the difficult part, the difficult part is the population gate.

For a moment imagine if the base was 5 people, and then it scaled up to 120. That would allow small servers to complete it with smaller numbers. With the current system comparing it to the lore of GW2 I don’t think DE would have ever succeeded simply because they didn’t have enough people.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

This was day 2 of the new Tequatl on my server.

Attachments:

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Ouch.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I think this was heavily predicted.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Yeah, lack of GOOD rewards is going to make this a VERY VERY dead event. Why waste time with it after you’ve snagged the achievement when doing SB Shatter Claw are much easier and less stressful.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

They probably knows that this will happen. (Seeing as it is heavily predicted by even normal players) They intended it be be something for organised guilds to do. The others just have to be contented to do other stuff or sneak into the zones that are doing it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I can safely say that now that I’ve got the achievement and the wings I will not be returning to Teq in it’s current iteration.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

I’m not here to be insulting to anyone (players or staff so don’t take this the wrong way) please Anet get it through your heads, content of this magnitude is best left for guilds and private instances. There was absolutely no reason to buff this world boss or any for that matter in the future.

Players should not have to go to other servers and get on strangers voice chats to get a worldboss down. Such coordination and “prestige” should be left to the guilds that can run it smoothly. All the negative feedback here and the internal stats should indicate a lot of reasons why this experiment was in the end a failure.

I hope you reconsider your position Anet on larger group instances because your 5 man content is bland and uninteresting and your open world raid is littered with issues. Of which I won’t bother to mention as others have more eloquently voiced their issues with it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Elric of Grans.7684

Elric of Grans.7684

I ran an alt through the map (leveling/map completion) during prime time on SoS last night and Teq happened to spawn while I was in the area. The map was almost a ghost town. The only players other than myself were people farming Risen (for whatever reason). No one cared about Teq as the whole server seems to have given up :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I think this was heavily predicted.

Yes it was………..Rationality…an amazing thing somehow amazingly rare.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

Empty servers equal people are guesting more or less to the bigger ones who have defeated him and keep doing it. While others have just given up. I am sure he will get nerfed after the whole event is over when everyone does the next new thing like the karka queen. Or when anet removes timers from world bosses.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

(edited by AlecFair.1270)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Thexder.5930

Thexder.5930

If only the testers could have warned them of this…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I agree this should be an instanced thing not restrained to each world. LFG is up and running, a good time to have them enable World Boss Instancing… which I know would take the whole “world” out of world boss. At this point most people are wasting 90-120mins to attempt tequatl, not something anyone wants to do and definitely not part of the challenge. Unkitten redom is the intent.

[DONE]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

so .. Anet still don’t want to do any comment?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Rather they added added RNG coffers for ascended items they should have given out a Token for each kill you make on Teq. For example 20-30 Token for 1 ascended weapon. 50-60 Token for a mini Teq. That would net a decent amount of people on Teq for each server. Peaple are bored with RNG.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Few days ago, on main server….
did they really believe ppl would bother after week or so?

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

Call TKS, THS, TSS or Tequatl blabla to help you fill this dead server!

Because you obviously missed the part where all the players on your server used a dedicated Tequatl guild meeting in an overflow to actually do what you can’t, killing Taco-atl !

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

The mechanics are interesting, the fight is entertaining, but because it (a) doesn’t scale, (b) is open world, and © has RNG awards that really aren’t that amazing (“unique skin” means “we coloured an ascended weapon green” apparently), I am not surprised that Sparkfly Fen is starting to look like Southsun.

Challenging content is great but it needs to be instanced.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Alright I am in Overflow One (the guild) we do Teq 3-4 times a night. You can barely get into runs 1, 2, and 3. If your server is small many players will simply guest bigger servers and in the case of many guilds hope to get overflow as it is easier to group up players in. I understand your frustration and eventually with time as new content comes out Teq will get done less often but just like my commendations there are many guilds that dedicate themselves to one task a day or a week. get in one of them. Most are causal friendly do not require 100% rep and just get the content the specified to do done. That simple. Join a guild that can help you.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

If you need a guild to do it, then it isn’t open world content, it is guild content.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

If you need a guild to do it, then it isn’t open world content, it is guild content.

Is it a big deal ? i like my Teq guild, they are nice and i probably have more fun doing Teq with them than playing with my previous guild, srs… !

I understand peoples can be upset about Teq, but the fact that it require an organized group to beat him should already have driven you to organize yourself better than walking around in your home server with 3 peoples on your hylek turret, probably including 2 afk and a troll :P

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

It requires organization. Guild or no guild you will need to organize. In this game guilds and TS (3rd party admittedly) are just the easiest ways to organize. If you do not like it then do not do the content. It is far from required. I do not do fractals. I do not like the content, but that doesn’t mean I feel a need to complain about it.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Ya SoS is dead as well but this isn’t a well designed open world boss it would be a well designed instanced encounter if they decided to put it in and instanced area.

Love the boss but an open world boss shouldn’t be designed to fail over and over and over it should be designed with a high success rate while still using mechanics to keep people awake and active instead of spamming 1. I would prefer them to add some kind of instanced area we can enter as a guild/group to do this or make it so failures reduce the difficulty so newer players can still have fun and learn the fight and veterans can come back and get the difficult fight they enjoy.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I have never once even been able to attempt Tequatl because of not being able to join my servers instance (either home or overflow), and I am sick of depending on complete random players with 0 coordination. That isn’t be my concept of fun, ANet.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Is it a big deal ? i like my Teq guild, they are nice and i probably have more fun doing Teq with them than playing with my previous guild, srs… !

I understand peoples can be upset about Teq, but the fact that it require an organized group to beat him should already have driven you to organize yourself better than walking around in your home server with 3 peoples on your hylek turret, probably including 2 afk and a troll :P

Not sure people are mad. Some are frustrated at content that made people either 1) goto the only populated servers left, or 2) just flat out leave. Mixed with the disaster that was bl for wvw the game feels so empty. I was playing swtor when they merged servers, and the server I was on wasn’t even this emtpy. Though I had a fun time earlier when I guested over to TC. It was nice actually seeing people in the world again.

You are wrong about something though.

ut the fact that it require an organized group to beat him should already have driven you to organize yourself better

No amount of organization can take into account that he is population gated. They could be the best 3 to 5 players in existence, and it wouldn’t matter at all. That is what upsets people. Also organization doesn’t make people suddenly come back to the game. So many have left, and if you are on those top 3/4 servers you might not realize just how bad it is on some of the other servers. Guest down to them and see if you think it’s some exaggeration. Players are frustrated because the requirements to do the event are taken out of their hands.

I’m not trying to be a kitten to you, I just think you might not understand peoples frustration about the event. Every time someone brings up the population gate it’s always the same replies “oh you can’t do it because it’s too hard” , or “well then just guest over”. In the first case, that’s laughable. In the second case I really don’t feel that making your players guest to a server with the actual population is the answer. If Anet feels it is then they should allow free transfers for a week, or they should allow more than two guesting spots per day.

I’m not really into it, I did it once just to hop over a bunch of waves (incredibly easy for me, but I don’t have lag and if people do that’s going to suck). It’s cool that they added it, I just hope if they do it in the future they take into account that the game doesn’t have the population it maybe once had.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

Here it is, zerg at its best.

Attachments:

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Banatine.3691

Banatine.3691

I’m yet another one of the disillusioned masses.

I’ve done 10 runs of Teq so far, and in every single one you know within the first 30 seconds whether it’s going to succeed or not. And at that point, you just spend the next 14 minutes essentially waiting to fail. That is not fun.

I think the time limit is a joke anyway. 15 minutes for the Shatterer is childs play. 30 minutes for the Claw is meaningless.

But 15 minutes for Tequatl is just insane. Hell, on SFR, 30 minutes would still make it impossible for 95% of the population. Tequatl is hard enough, the time limit is nothing more than an artificial inflation of the difficulty. And given the rewards are less than stellar, even the guilds will stop bothering before long, since he just isn’t worth the trouble it takes to bring him down.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

The BIG reason why people are losing interest already is because of the insane queue time.

For people who have already completed him and got all the achievements, it is not worth waiting an hour or more to wait in queue to do Teq, even though the fight lasts only 15 minutes. It’s not a good use in time.

For people who have not completed him, they are probably already discouraged or off guesting to more populated servers.

I did teq for probably the first 5 days of release. I didn’t do anything else but wait in that zone. I’m not going to do that again since I have everything I want in terms of achievements and the rewards are not worth an hour wait.

Anet needs to give us better rewards for Teq, but I think they should be time-gated. Give us a token for each successful Teq defeat per day that can be exchanged for unique rewards at a vendor, including but not limited to special dyes, pets, finishers, skins, minis, e.t.c.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Vol.5241

I’m yet another one of the disillusioned masses.

I’ve done 10 runs of Teq so far, and in every single one you know within the first 30 seconds whether it’s going to succeed or not. And at that point, you just spend the next 14 minutes essentially waiting to fail. That is not fun.

I think the time limit is a joke anyway. 15 minutes for the Shatterer is childs play. 30 minutes for the Claw is meaningless.

But 15 minutes for Tequatl is just insane. Hell, on SFR, 30 minutes would still make it impossible for 95% of the population. Tequatl is hard enough, the time limit is nothing more than an artificial inflation of the difficulty. And given the rewards are less than stellar, even the guilds will stop bothering before long, since he just isn’t worth the trouble it takes to bring him down.

Tequatl is not hard. A few days ago Teq was beat before the 7 minute mark. I’m not sure you understand that but that’s insanely good.

It’s hard because the players choose to make it hard. Failing to coordinate means you don’t deserve the rewards.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

The game itself gives you no instruments to coordinate, though – being it in open world.
And it all returns to what i said above – if they wanted it to be a guild event, they should have designed it as one to begin with. A private instance – not unlike the empty overflows used by guilds – where you can eventually kick afk people and troll, and you choose when to begin said instance instead of waiting for hours plus a variable spawn window (something that by itself brings people to wait afk there).

in Tequatl Rising

Vol.5241

I agree that instances would have been better, but this is GW2’s approach to raiding – open world.

In many instances teq has brough servers together through working with one another. All the other meta events we’ve had have not done that so far.

Teq can be a great, long-lasting meta event if anet finds a way to overcome queues while keeping it open world, as well as fixing rewards.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zelu.1692

Zelu.1692

The game itself gives you no instruments to coordinate, though – being it in open world.
And it all returns to what i said above – if they wanted it to be a guild event, they should have designed it as one to begin with. A private instance – not unlike the empty overflows used by guilds – where you can eventually kick afk people and troll, and you choose when to begin said instance instead of waiting for hours plus a variable spawn window (something that by itself brings people to wait afk there).

I completely agree.

In the end, the tricks one needs to kill Tequatl show exactly that: guilds are either hogging some server’s main or creating and controlling their own overflow to be able to attempt the kill. So in essence they are tricking the game to do this in an instance with selected players. So it is really not “open world” content.

But I have killed him a couple of times now and will probably do so again tonight. And I am happy at hard(er) content within GW2, particularly as nearly all of PVE is horribly rollface. It just feels wrong to have to somehow manipulate the game to get an “instance” and then wait an hour or more for the boss to finally show up…

Zel Silverleaf – 80 Guardian
Zelyahine – 80 Ranger
Victory is Life Eternal [VILE] – Desolation

in Tequatl Rising

Vol.5241

I completely agree.

In the end, the tricks one needs to kill Tequatl show exactly that: guilds are either hogging some server’s main or creating and controlling their own overflow to be able to attempt the kill. So in essence they are tricking the game to do this in an instance with selected players. So it is really not “open world” content.

But I have killed him a couple of times now and will probably do so again tonight. And I am happy at hard(er) content within GW2, particularly as nearly all of PVE is horribly rollface. It just feels wrong to have to somehow manipulate the game to get an “instance” and then wait an hour or more for the boss to finally show up…

Except that there are very few exclusive guilds that can maintain +80 members at one point to just do Teq.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Except that there are very few exclusive guilds that can maintain +80 members at one point to just do Teq.

The dedicated Tequatl killing guilds are the ones that are doing this.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I completely agree.

Which is why guilds are being created just for that, you just represent when you’re going to do the fight and ask to be invited to the right overflow (and sometimes more than one overflow is used), and represent back your own guild when done (actually nothing stops you from representing your regular guild again once you’re in the overflow, they just ask you to keep representing until the fight is done so the guild gets some extra influence points).

Actually, think of them more as massive PUGs, since there’s really no barriers to enter, you just ask for an invite and that’s it.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

in Tequatl Rising

Vol.5241

And what’s wrong with this? Why do we blame them for ‘hogging’ a server when they are pretty much just consisting of pugs who have the desire to work together?

As opposed to those pugs who are hogging a server and refuse to contribute and wish to solo Teq? I think those are the ones you should be blaming, not those that actually want to coordinate.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zelu.1692

Zelu.1692

Yes, exactly. And those are the ones I meant in my initial post.

Vol, please note: I am not criticizing those guilds for hogging mains or creating overflows. I am out there doing it with them and having a blast killing Tequatl. I am just trying to reinforce the point that an instanced version of the fight (maybe with a chain of open-world events for a large group leading to it) might have been better.

But if Anet manages what you said (below), I would be all for it (I am just dubious of them finding a way to do it):

Teq can be a great, long-lasting meta event if anet finds a way to overcome queues while keeping it open world (…)

Zel Silverleaf – 80 Guardian
Zelyahine – 80 Ranger
Victory is Life Eternal [VILE] – Desolation

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

You are less than one week into your Teq guild. let’s revisit this in a month.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Still overflows on my homeserver and we do several kills per day.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

The BIG reason why people are losing interest already is because of the insane queue time.

For people who have already completed him and got all the achievements, it is not worth waiting an hour or more to wait in queue to do Teq, even though the fight lasts only 15 minutes. It’s not a good use in time.

For people who have not completed him, they are probably already discouraged or off guesting to more populated servers.

I did teq for probably the first 5 days of release. I didn’t do anything else but wait in that zone. I’m not going to do that again since I have everything I want in terms of achievements and the rewards are not worth an hour wait.

Anet needs to give us better rewards for Teq, but I think they should be time-gated. Give us a token for each successful Teq defeat per day that can be exchanged for unique rewards at a vendor, including but not limited to special dyes, pets, finishers, skins, minis, e.t.c.

This is also putting me off. I love the fight and the mechanics but three hours to get into my own server with a chance of “network error” just for blues and greens and, MAYBE if the moon is in the right spot and the stars twinkle just right, an ascended or mini?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

And what’s wrong with this? Why do we blame them for ‘hogging’ a server when they are pretty much just consisting of pugs who have the desire to work together?

As opposed to those pugs who are hogging a server and refuse to contribute and wish to solo Teq? I think those are the ones you should be blaming, not those that actually want to coordinate.

Excuse me, but can you please point to where I made any judgement about this being done? I’m afraid that I didn’t do any blaming.

I’m a part of one of those guilds and have done this “hogging”. I have no comment on it being right or wrong but I think it does highly a massive problem with the logistics of the Tequatl fight.

in Tequatl Rising

Vol.5241

Excuse me, but can you please point to where I made any judgement about this being done? I’m afraid that I didn’t do any blaming.

I’m a part of one of those guilds and have done this “hogging”. I have no comment on it being right or wrong but I think it does highly a massive problem with the logistics of the Tequatl fight.

That response was more for the poster who said that these guilds were “hogging” it when they’re really just organized pugs (but he did explain later). I quoted you out of sheer laziness.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

Listen

I am not a huge Teq supporter, however, because the fault lies with me and my hardcore casual play. (Limited Hours, so cant be called a Hardcore Gamer anymore).

Likes from this.

I met some really great people on my servers community that I might not have before this point.

It demonstrated new commander purposes outside living story, champ killing and WVW

It offered a new challenge that creates a hardmode, not because its hard but because it requires coordination.

Things I didnt like

Overflows (not overflows themselves, but the attitude they generate)
For those naysayers, my home server failed last night, but the exact same time, people who were trapped in an overflow trying to get in server sparkfly succeeded and won.

Respawn time after failure (instead of dusting our defeat off and trying again, we have to wait 1 hour + to attempt it again), this looses people with limited time.

Rewards (As it stands now.) However, if they made the encounter instanced or without a cooldown or long cooldown to where you could wait 10 minutes and try again, rewards would be fine. Problem really is long wait to try again with RNG makes rewards a disaster.

Fishhead punishment, I believe they couldve had a better punishment that wouldnt hurt up and coming players.

Waypoint contested or to far away (already a punishment if you have to run back). They should install a bit closer waypoint to be honest.

Have to have a voice communication 3rd party program to coordinate effectively.

All in all, I dont believe its necessarily the wrong direction, but I believe there are many finetunings that need to be done to keep it complex yet more player friendly and desired.

Anybody who has played another game which I cant mention the title and fought the Glimmerking alongside 300 other players knows, it turned into a once a month event, and it was instanced and always available, the problem there was sharing 20 rewards with300 people. (Last time I kill Glimmerking, we didit with 8 people)

in Tequatl Rising

Vol.5241

“Have to have a voice communication 3rd party program to coordinate effectively.”

Any difficult content in an MMO requires that. Anet is not the first.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Do the other games provide in game voip for when it is required?

Serenity now~Insanity later